• ...
 0
 601

Following yonder star.

Woodwind had brought Fluttershy to Cloudsdale hospital. The book said high altitude would slow the disease. He then brought the Foals to a reluctant Rainbow Dash's house. If they had caught the disease, then they needed to be high up to keep their blood flowing at a healthy pace.
He and Twilight were now heading for Zecora's house deep in the Everfree Forrest.
Twilight was the first to break the silence. "I just know she'll have something for us. Just you wait."
Woodwind ignored her attempts at comforting him. They continued in silence.

Zecora's house wasn't what he expected. A small hut carved into a massive tree stood before him. Surrounding it were ancient tribal masks, seeming to ward off unwanted guests.
Twilight trotted to the house and Zecora opened the door to greet them.
"Ah, my dear friend, welcome to my home. But what brings you out here all alone?" Zecora asked in her rhymes.
"Oh, i'm not alone." She said as Woodwind stepped forward. "You remember Woodwind right?"
Zecora smiled. "Ah, the hero of Equestria, don't be shy. So what has brought you both by?" She asked.
Woodwind stepped forward, a sad look on his face. Zecora looked him over with a frown. "Ah, i see its something serious."
She said.
"Fluttershy has a plague and we need Feather Free. Do you have any?" He asked imploringly.
"Ah Pegasi plague. How mysterious." She finished. "Come let us all come inside, and i will see what i can find."
Everypony entered the hut. Woodwind was taken aback by what he saw.
A huge caldron dominated the center of the room, Dark burns on its underside suggested much use. More masks adorned the wall, and on the ceiling hung jars of potions and ingredients.
Zecora consulted her Super Naturals book wresting on the counter in her, what Woodwind assumed to be, kitchen.
"I do not have this plant you need, but i know where you must seek. Deep in the badlands, you must go, to save the one you love most."
Woodwind looked puzzled. "The Badlands?" He asked.
Zecora continued. "The Badlands are a dangerous place, so going there would be a mistake."
"I would do anything to save her." He shot back. "Please, tell me where to look."
She continued on.
"Deep in desert and the wastes, you will find a magical place. deep within the cave of power, you will find this special flower."
"Cave of power?" Woodwind asked perplexed.
Twilight thought hard but knew the answer. "I know of the cave of power." She said. "I thought it was just an old legend, but the Cave of Power is a place that tests a ponies nobility and strength."
Woodwind would have thought it was an old fable, too, the way Twilight described it. But anything was possible.
"How far will i have to travel?" He asked. Zecora continued her vague rhymes.
"The cave will appear when it feels best, that you have passed it's trying tests. It feeds off power and sacrifice, with a hunger like a parasprite." She finished. "That is all i have for now, but hurry, Woodwind, for time is running out."
"Thank you Zecora." Twilight said as she hugged the Zebra.
"Thank you for the help, Zecora." Woodwind said as he raced for the door.
"Good luck my fellow pony friends, For you will need it in the end."