• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 1,276 Views, 28 Comments

Hu-mane - LunaoftheNight



A girl gets sent to Equestria. There's a Problem, she's a changeling.

  • ...
3
 28
 1,276

Chapter 1

The wind is howling really loudly. The rain thuds against the roof of my house. It is so loud, I can't sleep. But I know that isn't the only thing keeping me awake, something else feels wrong too and I want to find out what it is. But I'm only a fifteen year old girl and my mum would kill me if go downstairs, instead I just sit I n my bed and wait until it ends.

It's not gonna end. It's not gonna end. I keep telling myself the same thing because I know its true, the storm is gonna finish me if I cant stop it first. And I love clouds and geography, I really do but nobody can control the weather. Especially not a random girl, even the officials cant do it.

I whimper as a loud boom comes from outside and i leap out of my bed. It's a small bed, but I like it. It is covered with an old and tatty duvet, but I like it that way. It smells of horses and sweat but I find it nice and comforting. Horses are my life, even when I'm asleep.

I creep to my window slowly and I feel scared as I slowly open the curtains. My hands are shaking and my legs are shaking too but I am a curious person and can't not know what happened.

A tree.

It's just a tree, fallen over into my garden. My fence is broken and burglars will probably break in now but that's fine. I laugh and try to smile but it doesn't go well. But I have to convince myself that its fine, so I go back to bed and bark laughs and tell myself that everything is ok and that it was only a tree that didn't land on my house.

I'm fine.

Kind of.

I lie in my bed and try to distract myself. I'm being paranoid, so I start thinking of my horses. The first is a beautiful friesian mare called Nippy. She's horrible really and bites everyone who goes near, who names a horse 'nippy' after all, but once the biting ritual is over she's pretty fun to ride. Her field-mates AKA victims are both little ponies, one is a scruffy shetland called bubbles and the other is a twelve hand high new forest pony named Flicky. Flicky is a sweet thing, she carries herself beautiflly and would be really good at dressage if she was a bit bigger, but she's too small.

I sigh and grin when I feel myself relax. Thinking about my horses always makes me feel better, but thinking about clouds—I'm kinda boring— is good as well. They're slow and calm and gentle except in a strom... No don't think about that, think about fluffy white clouds drifting in the sky like poofy marshmallows...

What was that?

There is a loud bang again otuside, but thi s felt more dangerous than the tree. The wind is screaming now and something is crackling.

Why can i smell burning?

I run to my bedroom door quickly and slam it open but there is nothing there . There is no fire, the house isnt burning down. I sigh and slowly walk back to my bed and quite literally fall in as my feet catch eachother. I lie on my face for a minute and breathe in the smell of horses, my rapid heartbeat thuds slow. I then roll over and close my eyes and snugle under my duvet. But there isn't time to sleep when the crackle comes again and I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes and rolling from my bed. I fell on the floor and lay there for a bit before a got up and fell over to the window. I peeked outside again and then I realised what was going on.

A branch was dangling from a electric cable and wires could be seen. As the cable snapped, it then swung towards the house. I scream and run backwards and trip, my bed cushions my fall but I dont wait this time. I roll off the bed and scramble out of my room, I begin to trip down the stairs but I know it is too late. I think one last thing, why couldnt' I have been anyone else, as I am thrown from my feet by a huge, massive explosion. I am weightless as I fly but I can only see dust and hear ringing in my ears before I smash into what must be the wall and pain roars liek the fire aroudn me inside my body. I cant scream, I can only scream in my head as the pain rips my life from me and everything is all black.

Author's Note:

This is my first story, I hope it's ok. I know I m not a very good writer but I wanted to try.