• Published 19th Aug 2016
  • 3,896 Views, 139 Comments

Ponies Go To Heaven - Gpizano



New friends, new city, new every day life for Sunset Shimmer... with some fresh new problems!

  • ...
6
 139
 3,896

I'm Not Feeling That Great

It was four days after Christmas had come and gone, the day passed with Sunset Shimmer and Jackie Vibrato had spent the time alone in the apartment watching television and enjoying the finest of cheap TV dinners. Luca Bookkeeper, or Bobby as he was commonly called, had left to go spend the holidays with his family, as had the rest of Jackie's friends. While the holiday did remind her of the promises broken and friends lost thanks to the whole Anon-A-Miss incident back in Canterlot, Sunset wasn't too bothered by it. She'd never really celebrated this world's holiday before so she really didn't feel she was missing much. Although she did notice that her roommate seemed rather morose as the day went on, checking her phone every now and then before going back to what she was doing.

Jackie only cheered up some when she informed Sunset Shimmer that her friends had finally set a date to celebrate a second Christmas that was just for friends. Of course it reminded Sunset of how her friends had promised to celebrate the holiday with her but despite the dour feelings that stirred up, the red head had agreed to come with. It had been decided that it would be held at Sandra Lupine's apartment, which was in a slightly better and more oriental neighborhood. Jackie had commented that besides the low rent, Sandy had only bought the apartment because it was a quick hop, skip and a jump away from the famous Los Pegasus Theater. It would be a bit farther away then the health food store that Sandy worked and the traffic wouldn't help matters but Jackie had managed to make good time.

When they had finally found a parking spot not too far from the apartment, Sunset Shimmer took in her surroundings with interest. Little Neighpon was a fairly nice district of the city, with a blend of oriental and western design, there were even some old brick buildings that looked to still have the original fire escapes. She had some time to take in the sights as Jackie got her guitar case and amp out of the trunk, passing the amp off to Bobby when he offered to help, before all three strolled down the street to one of the old apartment buildings. Sandy lived on the second floor and happily welcomed them in.

"I'm glad you all could make it! I found plenty of bargains at the convenience store down the way, Tino and Poppy have also brought food for us to enjoy."

"Well sorry to say we came empty handed Sandy. But I brought my guitar and amp so we can have a real party!"

"Really, please don't be as loud as the last time you were here Jackie! I do not need my neighbors angry with me again."

As Jackie and Sandy continued to converse, Sunset Shimmer began to shrug off her hoodie but smiled and let Bobby take it off for her when he offered. While the guy was a little strange, he was polite and sweet, making it easy enough for Sunset Shimmer to warm up to him.

Sandy's apartment looked to be one bedroom and one bathroom, decorated more in a modern style but with hints of gothic decor here and there. What was really the stand out feature were some of the classic posters of famous plays, Twelfth Night, Into The Woods, A Streetcar Named Desire... no doubt Sandy desired to have her own face on a poster one day, remembered as a great actress of her time.

The living room had a couch and a couple of chairs, with a coffee table and TV, with a rug covering part of the wood floor. Tino was on one side of the couch and Poppy had taken a chair to the right of the couch.

"Heyyyy, Sunset! 'Bout time! I was beginning to think Jackie got you lost!"

"Psssh, my driving and sense of direction is flawless! Especially compared to yours!"

"You wish scrub! I could recount plenty of times you got us lost!"

The banter between the blonde bassist and the blue haired guitarist would continue, the rest and Sunset Shimmer finding them easy to ignore as they partook in their own conversations. Mostly though, Sunset Shimmer talked more to Bobby. Sandy was a bit easier to talk to than Poppy but she still felt a bit nervous talking to either of the women. It was hard to know what to talk about when she hadn't spoken to either of them much after having first met them over a week ago. But soon the conversations would come to an end as stomachs began to growl for food and they all began to load up their plates with an interesting combination of foods.

Rice balls with various fillings from the convenience store, flautas from Papa Chayote's with guacamole and beans, and what looked to be a homemade salad filled with veggies that Poppy had brought. Dessert would consist of a stale, discount cake they had been ready to toss out at the health food store Sandy worked at and a half gallon of ice cream to share. By the end of it everyone was full and satisfied, happily lounging about wherever there was room, with Bobby and Tino sitting on the floor to give the ladies some room.

"Man that was good. Whose ready for music?"

Lazy groans were given in answer as Jackie moved over to the closet where she had stashed her guitar case and amp, moving to the open area in the living room behind the couch. Her electric guitar was quite a beauty... once. Like most things Jackie had it was old, beat up and second hand used. The silver and black paint had chips and was fading in areas while there were some noticeable dents and scratches on the rest of the body. Yet as Jackie warmed up the strings, the sound that came out of it seemed to be just as good as any brand new electric guitar.

"Ugh, always music with you Jackie. You can't wait until we break out the presents?"

"What? I can play some "present opening music". Besides, you guys have to hear Sunshine! Her voice is awesome!"

That caused Sunset Shimmer to sit up, looking nervous as she glanced over the back of the couch and towards Jackie.

"Uh... I dunno about that Jackie..."

"Oh come on, I've heard you and you sound great! Everyone would really dig it, right guys?"

"Do we have to sit up and watch you guys?"

"Ugh, no Tino, you lazy bastards don't have to sit up and watch."

"Then I say go for it!"

Before Sunset Shimmer could protest any more, Jackie already had her guitar warmed up and was already strumming a few notes to a song that Sunset was familiar with. It was hard to believe that Jackie liked some pop songs while she came off as so hard into alternative, rock and punk, but after having snooped through the blue haired woman's CD collection, Jackie had come clean. And while Sunset had teased her a little bit, she liked to see that the others tastes weren't so narrow.

As the first few chords played and lead her into it, Sunset Shimmer began singing "Four, Five Seconds". While the piece was played with an acoustic guitar, the way Jackie played it had a little rock to it but she managed to elicit such soft and smooth sounds out of that old guitar that Sunset Shimmer was amazed. While Sunset Shimmer took the Rihaynna parts, Jackie sang the Kaneigh West, and while Jackie shined on the electric guitar, Sunset really took it away as she got into the song (but pulled it back when she felt a twinge of magical energy start to well up inside of her). When she glanced to the others, all had their eyes closed and smiles on their faces as they enjoyed the smooth, mellow, and sometimes energetic version of the song.

However, when Sunset Shimmer looked back to Jackie, she saw something she hadn't expected.

A silver glow seemed to surround Jackie, unnoticed by the guitarist as she had her eyes closed, lost in the music. Sunset Shimmer's eyes widened to the point someone would fear they would pop out of their skull if they saw her. Jade green pony ears appeared on top of Jackie's head, wings of the same color appeared on her back and her shaggy, cobalt blue hair extended into a short, messy ponytail.

When Jackie opened her eyes, the grin on her face slipped some as she noticed the look Sunset Shimmer was giving her.

"... what?"

While the other four in the room clapped appreciatively, Sunset Shimmer scrambled off the couch and grabbed Jackie, dragging the confused and protesting woman to the nearest door. Once it was shut and locked, Sunset Shimmer cursed softly as she realized they were in the bathroom. It wouldn't be her first choice since there wasn't a lot of room but it would do for now.

Slowly she turned around to face Jackie, seeing the pony ears and pony tail were still in place. By now the other woman had her arms crossed, looking agitated and waiting for the other to explain her behavior.

"Seriously, Sunshine. What's up with you?"

After a moment of opening and closing her mouth, unsuccessfully trying to form words, Sunset ended up simply pointing to the bathroom mirror. When Jackie looked to where the red head was pointing, her body was rocked with shock as she took a step back, staring into the mirror and specifically at the wings sticking out of her back and twitching pony ears on top of her head. Slowly she reached to where her normal human ears had once been and upon finding nothing there, moved them up to the top of her head... and felt her hands touch the edges of her pony ears.

And naturally Jackie did something that many people would do in this situation.

"..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Author's Note:

Seeeeequelllll! It's the first of the seeeeequellllssss!

So yeah, I wanted to just jump into the nitty gritty of ponying up. I mean, Jackie plays music, it's her thing and she loves to do it so this was bound to happen again.

LET THE SHENANIGANS ENSUE!