• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 802 Views, 11 Comments

Aftermath: A Changeling's Punishment - Kastrinn



We had failed, the blast spreading us apart, scattered across Equestria. Canterlot was our biggest priority, now what's left of us is unknown.

  • ...
7
 11
 802

The Attempt

It was the last straw, I was enraged..... all because of that lunar foal..... now I'll never be able to escape the chains that confine me in this prison.... I need to escape, report back to the hive..... get away from the hell I am trapped in......

"Psst...."

My ears perked up, not truly knowing were the noise came from.

"Psst...." I soon became assaulted by a stone followed after the noise again.

"WHAT!" I yelled at the pony throwing pebbles a me in a.... slightly....agitated manner. Opening my eyes to see another changeling to my surprise.

"Keep it down, shit-stick...." The changeling shushed me, soon fiddling with the lock to my cell.

I studied the sight, glancing over the changeling before me, realization hitting me like a carriage. "Sergeant..... Xia?" My confusion getting to my head, bringing me to attempt to stand, but pain immediately rushing from my legs to my entire body. I screamed out in pain, falling to the ground with a thud.

Soon finished picking the lock to the cell, Xia rushed to my side, looking over my wounds in examination. "Damn it.... I'll have to carry you..."

My chains then were removed, becoming unshackled, but I was in no shape to escape on my own. Xia hoisted me up onto her back, and rushed out of my cell, running into two guards walking down the hallway.

"HAUL-" The first guard was interrupted by an energy blast from Xia right to the chest, be knocked unconscious, while the other was rammed down by her, impaled by the changeling's horn.

"We need....to get out....quickly......they'll find out once we exit these chambers...." I grunted, interrupted by coughs and actions Xia was making.

"I think I already know that, but I didn't plan this far ahead." Xia replied with haste, making my head perk up and look at her, eyes narrowed and glaring at the back of her head.

"You're telling me this is a work in progress rescue?!" I wanted to whack her upside the head, but pain had stopped me from doing so, and she was breaking me out so there was the chance of being left behind if I had done so.

"Well we aren't getting much help from the Queen, so, we're out of luck."

Becoming silent, I soon realized that this rescue wasn't assigned by Chrysalis herself, but it was Xia doing so. Including the other Changelings helping if there were any. So I went along for the ride, the highly risky rescue attempt of escape, ride.

We soon reached outside of the dungeon, Xia bolting across the courtyard to the other side of it from where I was held captive for who knows how long. We were about to make it to the streets of Canterlot to change into a pony disguise, until our path was blocked by few more Royal Guards, and thus I was thrown off Xia, and watched her fight off the guards by herself.

"XIA! WATCH....." I was cut off.... a beam of magic blinded me as it hit Xia, creating a bright flash of light with tints of gold and yellow.

What was seen..... what I had witnessed was Celestia take action.

"N-no! Please! So mercy!" Xia screamed in agony, Celestia's magic engulfing her form, lifting Xia into the air.

"You have done enough for me to show you no 'Mercy', Changeling." Celestia replied, anger and annoyance in her voice.

Screams, screams of pain and agony.....torture, all at once they filled my ears as Xia was slowly torn to pieces by Celestia's magic, being ripped apart limb by limb. I couldn't watch but I couldn't look away either. Tears streamed down my face as what was left of her body fell to the ground limply.

"Time and time again, I'm trying not to loose myself, but you're not making this easy for me, General." Celestia said, but all I could do was look at Xia's remains, her eyes..... her eyes, looking into mine. Shivers ran down my spine as I was lifted into the air by Celestia.

"Just end it here!" I shouted weakly, only getting a snort of laughter from the Princess.

"After what you and your friend have done? Oh no I don't think so."

Suddenly I was thrown across the courtyard with her magic, hearing my leg snap on impact, crying out in pain.

"You believe I will grant you a painless death? After what you have done to my subjects!"

I was picked up again, and thrown down onto the ground again, bringing more pain to my broken body, gasping for air as I screamed out in agony again, grasping for what little life I had left.

I looked around through by blurred vision, blood soaked and filled with tears, I saw the courtyard filled with ponies of yellow armor. Each one watching the sight before them intently, eyes wide for few, blank stares for most.

"You should be greatfull for me giving you the opportunity for a peaceful transaction of what information you had." She exclaimed with quiet rage in her voice, glaring down upon my broken frame.

"And what...... would I...... receive....." I coughed out weakly, choking on blood that poured out from my muzzle.

"A reasonable death."

I stared into her eyes, seeing no remorse for what had occurred, she had no reason to give mercy. She looked back into my eyes with narrowed rage, I could feel her very emotion burning into me.

Slowly, I began to stand up on what little bit of energy I had left, my body burning, pain coursing through every portion of my body. I wanted to fall down, lie down and die.

"Let's........ have a match....." I croaked, blood spitting out from my muzzle with each word, causing for Celestia to step back to avoid the droplets of my blood.

"What?"

"Fight me...."

We were at a stand off, two creatures locked in steely eyed gazes, fixated on each other to see who'd make the first move. I stepped forward first, causing her to step back.

"Fight....me....." I repeated myself, stepping closer to Celestia as she drew a sword onto me.

"Stand back!" A guard had hollered towards me, but was silenced by Celestia.

"It's a fight you want? A fight you'll get, then."

With that, I charged towards in a blind rampage, my pain subsiding as adrenaline filled my body. As if it was lightning, Celestia swung her sword at me with great speed. I barely managed to duck under her sword, slicing off half of my horn, but I still charged at her.

"Princess!" The guard yelled again, followed by a few others into the grass of the courtyard. Surround the scene before them.

Once in distance, I attempted to ram her, almost stabbing her with my horn. Celestia, with her wings, took off into the air, and had managed to swing her back hoof towards my face, kicking me onto the ground.

I got back up again, charging once more at her. Filled with rage, all I could do was charge at Celestia with every bit of emotion and strength I had in me. Celestia on the other hand wasn't even breaking a sweat in this fight, only making small adjustments in her stance to avoid my rams against her. The battle had a clear victor, but I kept trying, and trying. Blinded by the hell I was put into by Celestia.

"Stop this madness, changeling, you know you can't win."

I only grunted at Celestia's taunts, rage only becoming the driving force for me in this fight. I charged at her once more, leaping into the air, landing on top of Celestia, catching her off guard. I bit into her neck, viciously tearing into with my fangs.

Soon I was thrown off again, hearing another snap in my leg, but I didn't feel it. I was going to charge at Celestia once more when I fell to the ground, looking down to see my hind leg was completely limp and broken, blood flowing from each crack embedded in my leg. I looked back to see Celestia towering over me, sword drawn to my neck.

"Time wasted, nothing gained, energy spent for nothing. Only to bring a feral beast to my city in return...." Celestia said coldly, my only response was translated into hisses and screeches, unintelligent sounds escaping me.

She was about to slay me, the monster she created over time, and rid my existence from her land. But was stopped.

"Tia!" An all to familiar voice cried out, making me look over to see Luna look in horror at the sight in front of her.

"Luna, not now...."

"But this is not the way, Tia! You are blinded by rage towards this creature. Just look at what you're doing!" Luna pointed at me, motioning for Celestia to take another look.

Celestia then back away, seeing the sight before her. I was again, a broken soul, grasping for what little life I had left. Tears in my eyes, streaming down my face. My feral nature told me to continue to fight, but I stayed still, pain returning to my body.

Celestia dropped her sword, and fell onto her haunches, looking at the sight in front of her in horror, raising a hoof to her muzzle at what she had done. "I've been blinded, this whole time..... I was controlled by anger, and I didn't even know it." Soon tears were streaming down Celestia's face, Luna running up to her sister in a comforting manner, caring for her as best as she could.

I began crawling, slowly to nowhere, I just crawled away. But I was stopped by a guard, who held a spear to my neck, causing me to stop in my tracks.

Before I was knocked out, I looked once more over at Sergeant Xia, her remains scattered, rage filling me once more, but stopped by the blunt force of a hoof to the back of my head. Black becoming the only color I could see in what I could only hope were my final hours.


Luna's P.O.V.


Luna comforted her sister, hugging her tightly as she wrapped a wing around Celestia. "Tia, it's ok.... It's not your fault..."

"I was consumed by anger I couldn't control... I'm afraid... I might...." Celestia was silenced by Luna once more, brought in closer to her in the hug.

Luna then looked at the guard who hovered over General Bellose's, now unconscious, body. Motioning for the Guards to take him away, and to clean up the dismembered body of the other changeling.

"It's time to raise the moon.....Tia, go get some sleep, you'll need it for the days ahead." Luna nudged Celestia to go, giving a comforting smile.

"Thank you.... Luna, I...." Celestia was about to say something else before being cut of by Luna.

"Sleep, go get some rest, Tia." Luna said again, getting up in order to raise the moon, motioning to her sister to go once more, giving another hug.

The two princesses parted ways, Luna staying behind as she watched the day soon become night, looking up into the stars.

"May life show you mercy......"

Author's Note:

I am sorry guys for a late chapter, I think? You guys haven't expressed any complaints yet so I think I'm doing good. Or at least I hope so. I've just been busy.... So, yeah...

Happy Readings everyone!