• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 321 Views, 0 Comments

Twilight And The War Of the Gods - 21latenighter



After a thousand years of peace, an old foe returns and brings about a war that no one will live through, even the Elements themselves....

  • ...
3
 0
 321

The Secret Of The Elements

Twilight stood out in the path with tears streaking down her cheeks, looking at the bodies of the six elements. She then heard the voice of Fury come up again.

"Twilight, you need to check the bodies and retrieve the stones," Fury said from her mind.

"Fury!" Twilight yelled with more tears, "You heartless Bastard, they just gave their lives to protect Equestria and you want me to search their bodies like common pony fodder," She yelled again.

"I know what they did," Fury snapped, and then whispered, "I know what they did." Fury seemed to regain his composure before speaking again. "I know Twilight, but we need the elements, and I can assure you that they will have a celebration that they have never seen before, but without the elements, Thanatos and his cohorts will be unstoppable," Fury said.

"Fury, I watched the elements fail to them, why would going at them again with the elements help any?" Twilight asked.

"It's not the elements so much as the one inside the elements we need Twilight," Fury said

"The alicorn from the past," Twilight whispered.

"Yes Twilight, the alicorn from the past, but it will take a spell to release her that sadly was destroyed during the shadow wars against King Sombra, or Kaorn, whichever you believe," Fury said, his apparition forming again.

"Then how will we get it...." Twilight started, but the thought already came across her mind. "I'm going back in time, aren't I?" She asked, almost sarcastically.

"Yes Twilight, and farther back than you are imagining," Fury started, his form beginning to fade a little, before continuing. "You are going back, all the way back to the first war, the Great Alicorn War, there, the door to the library you need will still be open, and unlocked," He said. "But be warned Twilight Sparkle, Equestria was different back then, and the danger was very real. I will be beside you, whispering to you, but my past self might not be so kind. I was a different pony back then, some called me merciless, others called me ruthless, but all said that I did what was necessary," Fury finished, before his apparition vanished again, as if it had been taken away by a quick wind.

Twilight stared down to the ground, to the six ponies before her, before he magic lifted the bodies and brought forth the elements of harmony. She shuddered a little, it had been over seven hundred years since she had been this close to the elemental jewels, and they looked different from when she and her friends bore them. They no longer looked like the cutie marks of her friends, but now had taken their original forms and were held to their pony by a necklace.

"Okay Fury, here I go," Twilight said as she began to recite the spell to take her back in time, farther than she had ever gone, back to a time when her hero, Star Swirl the bearded lived, and the Elements were first created. It was truly a time of gods and ponies. She felt the magic react around her, the blood rushing in her veins, the thrill of powerful magic that sent a chill up her spine, the taste it brought to her tongue, like a berry almost, but sour at the same time. The air around her began to crackle and howl as her spell progressed. The just as soon as she looked at her castle, she now looked at a field, and a small town in the distance.

Twilight looked around at her new surroundings, and gasped in realism, Ponyville wouldn't exist for another few thousand years. She looked at the small town and wondered about what it was, but had a small whisper in her ear give her the answer.

"That is the small town of spear sound, a town known for it's weaponry, but nothing could save them from their fate," Fury whispered from her ear.

"What do you mean, what fate?" Twilight asked.

Just then she heard a large explosion from the town, which rocked the ground around her. Then she heard another one that had a larger report. She began to run for the city, but the voice of Fury stopped her.

"Stop Twilight, there's nothing you can do here, just let history unfold," Fury said, stopping Twilight in her tracks.

"Right," Twilight said, stopping to watch the oncoming battle.

The town ponies tried to fight, but the Red alicorns of Kaorn's army ran over them, but it was short lived, as six lights burst out of the city hall. Six alicorns stood in between the ponies and the forces of Kaorn. In the front was the leader, one Twilight had come to know well, Fury, but he looked different. Upon his head was a golden helmet that held his fiery mane down, and he had plates of armor on his forelegs, which held concealed blades. To his right and left were the other five element bearers, wearing the same armor.

The Past Fury had a look of anger on his face that couldn't be described, and only said one phrase to the alicorns before him. "Surrender and be spared." The alicorns began to laugh, as they outnumbered him and the others at least ten to one. "Then so be it." Fury said as he and the others charged forward.

Fury flicked his hooves, releasing the concealed blades and ramming them into two alicorns, who fell over with out a sound, then he brought out his long sword with his magic and blocked a strike from another alicorn as he pulled his blades from the alicorns and began to fight other alicorns that had began to group around him. He fought like a warrior, but also like that of a barbarian, sloppy in his killing strikes, spilling black blood across the ground as he moved to another target with the grace of a butterfly.

Twilight watched with horrid fascination as Fury and the others cut down the alicorns with deadly precision. She got the feeling that she was not alone, and looked over her shoulder to see the very pony that she had slain so long ago.

Kaorn stood just inches away, and his red piercing eyes were focused on her, and her alone.

"Twilight Sparkle," He whispered, before bringing forth his scythe to end the alicorn. "You traveled back in time to stop the collapse of time, but you journeyed to the wrong moment, for I traveled back with you to end this war in my favor, and I cannot have you taking the one spell to take it away from me again," Kaorn said as he swiped his scythe around narrowly missing Twilight.

She lept back as Kaorn began to swing the scythe back and prepared her magic. "How can you kill what is already dead Twilight Sparkle?" Kaorn said as he laughed at her attempts to kill the once feared god.

All of a sudden, a bolt of magic struck the ground in front of Kaorn, throwing the god backwards. Twilight looked to see Fury flying to her aid. The alicorn then brought forth his sword to his aid, blocking the swipe of Kaorn's scythe.

"So, it comes down to you and me Fury Flight," Kaorn said as he lifted his scythe high for a down stroke, only to find thin air.

"Me and you Kaorn, and this time you will stay down," Fury said as his magic boiled and launched a spell of fire at the god of chaos. the spell hit it's mark, but Kaorn had already raised his shield, blocking the effects.

"I will never fall to an alicorn who isn't even able to save the lives of innocent ponies," Kaorn said as he dodged a sword swipe.

"Maybe, but you will fall to our combined strength, the Elements of Harmony!" Fury yelled as he charged the god. Kaorn dodged the alicorn and plunged his scythe deep into the side of Fury, who doubled over at the strike.

"It seems that you already have fallen Fury, greatest of your father's disappointments," Kaorn said, pulling the scythe out of Fury's side and raising it to end the alicorn's life.

Fury closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable, but it never came as another explosion rocked the land around them, followed by another. He opened his eyes to see Kaorn reeling from a blow from Grog's mace, and then from Serenity's daggers. The god fell to the ground, defeated for the moment. Fury felt a sensation as his wounds healed, and turned to see the medic and found Hurricane. He gave a feint smile before turning his attention back to Kaorn, who had recovered to his feet.

"Kaorn, today you pay for your crimes against Pony kind," Fury said as he looked to the other elements, who nodded in agreement. Their horns began to glow as the elemental jewels levitated above them. The jewels then began to glow themselves, and a rainbow beam shot out from them and struck the god, who began to writhe in pain. The god then levitated off the ground and slowly disappeared, screaming and yelling as he was imprisoned into the dimension without time, his home for the next three thousand years.

After the god had vanished, the six replaced their elements in pouches on their sides, before the other five returned to the town, to spread the word of Kaorn's defeat and aid the wounded.

Fury looked to Twilight, who was still in shock after seeing the defeat of an enemy that she would eventually kill in the future.

"My lady, the war against Kaorn is over, we won," he said, a look of relief upon his face.

Twilight remembered why she had come and spoke to the commander. "Fury Flight, I have to get to the Crystal castle and find a spell hidden in a dimension, the spell you used to form the elements," Twilight said, looking into the eyes of her soon to be teacher.

Fury, instead of taking her side, drew his sword and pressed it to her neck. "And just how do you know about that, it was done somewhere you could never of seen," Fury said, a look of deadly honesty in his eyes.

Twilight gulped, but heard the whisper of Fury in her ear.

"Tell him the truth Twilight, tell him of your power," the dead Fury spoke softly into Twilight's ear.

"I come here from another time, far in the future, I came here to unleash the alicorn inside, as it is the only way to defeat a foe that predates our time," Twilight said, before taking a breath and speaking again. "I am the eternal Guardian now, given the vow by you yourself and Kronos in the future, to defeat Kaorn when he escapes the dimension without time." Twilight closed her eyes, waiting for the sword to either run her through, or return to it's scabbard, but the sword remained.

Fury's mind raced with the information given to him, Kaorn would escape in the future, and he would give this mare the power of the eternal guardian to stop him, and no word on the other great alicorns other than Kronos, who was supposed to be dead. "Prove to me that you are the eternal guardian, and I will believe your story, but fail, and my sword will taste your blood as it has many today," he said as he looked the purple alicorn dead in the eyes.

"Oh what do I say to convince him, what do I do?" Twilight thought as she looked at the alicorn before her. "I can lead you to the eternal cave," She said, a little nervous.

"Fools luck," Fury said, as he pressed his sword harder into her skin, beginning to draw blood.

"I can open the eye, and tell you what is in there," she nearly yelped out as the blade began to bite into her flesh.

The blade left her skin and return to it's scabbard with a dull clank.

"If you can open the eye, than you are truly the guardian, and speak the truth in your words," Fury said as he placed a hoof onto Twilight's shoulder. "Come, we have much to discuss and little time to do it in," he said as the two began to fly back to the crystal castle, where news of the god's defeat had began to reach the ears of the first six, what was left of them.

Twilight and Fury arrived at the castle of the gods around sundown, and were greeted by a multitude of guests. They spent the next two hours trying to get through the crowd of ponies as Fury led her to the great crystal library.

When they finally arrived in the library, it was nearly midnight, and they were exhausted.

"Where is the door Fury.... aahhhhhhh...... and I will get the spell," Twilight said as she looked at the library with a little fear. It was bigger then she remembered, a lot bigger. The library seemed to be at least two stories higher, and at least one hundred meters longer, give or take.

"The spell which you seek is in the door at the end of the library, guarded by a spell that only a guardian can break, it is in that door that you will find the spell," Fury said as he turned to walk out of the library.

Twilight thought on it for a second before stopping the fiery maned alicorn. "Fury wait, if I don't get a chance to say it later, goodbye, and thank you for all that you will teach me in the future, I just hope that I will listen as good as I should and take your words to heart, and not just on parchment," Twilight said, as Fury stopped. He nodded before walking out of the library to find his friends and celebrate a well earned victory. Twilight took off the ground and flew towards the end of the library, and towards the door that held the answers to her problems in the future, and all hope of saving it.