• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 714 Views, 5 Comments

Ashes - Tropical Beats



Twilight returns back to Equestria from the human world after a really long time to find that things aren't exaxtly the same.

  • ...
5
 5
 714

Chapter Three: Meeting The Past (#1)

"Here we are, y'all!" Applejack said as she pointed to an old looking building.

"That's where your staying in?!" Rarity asked in disgust. "Well, if it is, it's a terrible choice!"

"We're trying to survive..!" Scootaloo muttered under her breath.

"You are nothing like the Rarity here." Sweetiebelle said with a mad look on her face.

"Quit the fightin', y'all." Apple Bloom said. "We just need to get Twilight and Sunset settled in. Then, we can find a way to get this all sorted out."

"Good idea, Apple Bloom." Twilight said with a smile as she pulled Sunset along with her inside. But deep down, she didn't want to see anypony. The thought of meeting them after how she left them wasn't a good one. "I want to see Rarity before anything else comes up." She said.

"Actually... So do I..." Sunset spoke up.

"Well then, Don'cha worry. Rarity should be up by now!" Applejack said with a happy look on her face.

"We need to go." Apple Bloom said.

"I really wanna see Rarity, but we do have our own responsibilities..." Sweetiebelle sighed.

"Yea..." Scootaloo said the same way as Sweetiebelle had done.

"Okay, y'all! Go ahead." Applejack said as she led the two ponies to Rarity's room, "Here we are." Twilight gulped at the sight of the door. She felt a hoof place on her shoulder, "It'll all be find, Twi. I promise. Rarity will be happy to see ya."

"Okay, AJ." Twilight said as she opened the door. She walked towards the bed where she saw a dreadful looking Rarity asleep.

Her coat color and mane color were all dulled out. Her mane was ruffled all over the place, and it no longer had its beautiful curly wavy affect.

"OH. MY. CELESTIA!" Sunset squeaked at the sight of the sick mare.

"I-is that really me?!" Human Rarity cried, "I look absolutely dreadful!!!" The human Rainbow Dash slapped her across the face.

"Rarity, she has an unknown disease and can die any minute!" At those words, Rarity hung her head in shame to avoid eye-contact with anyone. But also, the pony Rarity woke up to see what the hubba-bubba was about.

"What's all this comotion?" Her dried voice cracked. But when she saw a familiar purple alicorn standing before her, she didn't know what to say. "T-twilight..?"

"Heh heh. Hey, Rares!" She chuckled nervously. Rarity just sat there speechless until she realized a familiar looking yellow unicorn beside Twilight.

"And Sunset Shimmer..?" Twilight and Sunset looked at Applejack for a moment. She nodded her head in response.

"I think we have a lot to explain..." Sunset said with a small smile on her face.

~~~

"Whoa. S-so when you stepped into that plant, you came back with a bad cough?" Human Fluttershy said alarmed at how a force of nature could cause such tragedy.

Rarity gave a simple nod.

"So then everyone in Equestria though it was a small cold." Human Rainbow added.

"And then, ya started to cough up blood and went blind for two weeks?" Human Applejack asked.

Once again, pony Rarity gave another nod.

"But then, You got your vision back! And then, You couldn't walk. Your vision went fuzzy once again, you wouldn't stop coughing blood again, and you found out that your body was becoming unstable, so then you were here in great care ever since!" Human Pinkeie Pie said with a big smile on her face. Everyone/Everypony looked at her in confusion.

"Uh... Pinkie, I don't really think it's a smiling matter..." Flash said as he backed away from the super-hyper-active girl. Pinkie just stared back happily as she sat down.

"But I don't get it!" Sunset said. "Why didn't the doctors go to the plant to see why it gave you the disease. There must've been something in it that started this.

"It's because Rarity forgot how it looked like and where it's located. And since non of the ponies have seen it, we can't risk somepony else catchin' this one heck of a bully disease!" Pony Applejack stated.

"Well, Rarity." Twilight began, "I hope you feel better. It's been nice catching up, but, we have to go."

"Oh, no worries, princess." Doctor Hooves said out of no where.

"Doc!" Twilight exclaimed with happiness.

"Yes, I am here and Nurse Redheart and I are taking care of Rarity. She needs to rest now." He said.

"I'm fine with that, but I though you were an inventor doctor, not a health doctor." She said.

"Oh, but he knows both! Isn't that amazing?! Even me, Bon Bon, Lyra, Octavia, and Vinyl didn't know that, and we're his best friends!" A bubbly (adorable) voice chanted.

Twilight turned around to see a grey pegasus mare with a blond mane and tail. she wore a warm smile on her face and her eyes, like always, were looking in different directions.

Twilight smiled at the sight of the pegasus. "Derpy!" Twilight said as she pulled the mare in for a hug.

"Hello, Twilight! I haven't seen you in a really really long time! I know that you were in the human world, but you never ever ever came back!" Derpy said in her usual derpy tone. But this time, her expression fell sad.

At that moment, Twilight felt like punching each of the humans in her face, for nopony liked seeing Derpy sad (XD dat line doe). She calmed down and was about to speak until she got cut off by the human Rarity,

"Did she call you Twilight without saying princess?! That is very disrespectful!"

Pony Applejack looked at her coldly. "Oh, 'Ahm sorry. But Twilight's friends don't needa call her, princess ya lil' spoilt diva!" She sharply replied, "And mah friend Rarity whose laying in bed, this does not apply to ya. At least you have manners and know to think before ya speak!" Human Rarity opened her mouth as if she were going to speak, but then stopped for she had to reply to that.

"Whoa, Applejack!" Sunset exclaimed.

"You sounded just like RD." Twilight said with a smile.

But Applejack didn't smile. She only sighed as they walked out the room. "Rainbow did teach me a thing or two on smack talk. But that was before everythin' changed..." She trailed off, "C'mon, y'all. Let Rarity rest."

Sunset followed Applejack, but Twilight just stayed behind for a minute to say what she wanted to say to Derpy. "I'm really sorry, I don't have time to tell you everything, but I think Doc and Nurse Redheart heard everything. You can ask them."

Derpy nodded as a smile formed once again on her face. "Okay, Twilight!" She sang happily. She got up and walked up to Doc.

"Oh yea, and Doc, Redheart, you two will take care of Rarity properly, right?" Twilight asked.

"Leave it to us, Twi." Dr. Hooves said.

Human Rarity's left eye twitched, but she remained silent.

Twilight herself was about to leave until she bumped into a teenage mare. She looked down to see a pale purple unicorn mare with a blond mane, yellow eyes and four stars for a cutiemark. Twilight felt as if she was about to die as she looked at the mare.

"Dinky!" She yelled as the mare before her realized who she was.

"T-twilight?! What are you doing here?! I haven't seen you since I was a filly!"

Twilight blushed at the remark. "You can join your mom, your dad and nurse Redheart have conversation... Heh heh..." Dinky looked behind the alicorn to see her parents and nurse together. She smiled and said goodby to the princess and went to join them, "Oh, and Dinky! Later, tell me how you got your cutiemark!" Dinky smiled and nodded her head and Twilight exited the room.

"I'm married in this world?!" Human Derpy said in fright. Twilight chuckled at the question.

"No, you're not. It's just that... Uh... Well... You see... Dinky was an... accident you could say..." Twilight blushed as she tried to get the words out her mouth (It's my theory for those of you who understood what Twi was talking about). She quickly ran to see where Applejack and Sunset were with the white ball following her. She found the two of them talking to a yellow pegasus mare with a long pink mane and tail and aqua eyes. Twilight beamed with joy as she exclaimed in delight, "Fluttershy!"

Author's Note:

This is #1 so that is why I stopped at Fluttershy.
Anyways... Derpy!:derpytongue2:
And dinky!:derpyderp1:
And Doc!:derpyderp2:
Yea... Bye!