• Published 29th Jul 2016
  • 806 Views, 6 Comments

Elements of Last Resort - PredictableOffender



Dusk Shine, the misequine who is seen as nothing as a disappointment is tasked saving Equestria by gathering a group of eccentric characters.

  • ...
3
 6
 806

Canterlot Part 0

Cotton Candy felt herself sleeping in what felt like a marshmallow, she was surrounded in softness and she felt like a baby in a crib. Cotton tried to open her eyes, but all she says was purple, she smelled lavender. She moved around in the blankets and soon finds a purple hoof, she tosses off the sheets and opens her mouth.

“Dusk! I totallyyyyy.” Cotton cut herself off when she saw that the hoof belonged to Twilight. “Sorry Mrs. Sparkle.” Twilight groans and moves slightly.

“Good morning Cotton Candy, you probably want to talk to Dusk.” Twilight suddenly jerks herself awake. “I am so proud of you too!” Twilight groggily exclaims.

“What did I do?”

“I think it would be best if Dusk tells you.” Twilight yawns and rests herself by on the foot of the bed. “I am tired.”

Cotton lifts herself out of the bed, she looks around to find see the wall was plastered with posters and there are two desks filled with small figurines. The room is very clean and very neat and Cotton quickly realized she was in Dusk’s room, she now feels a little sad that the sheets were freshly cleaned. Cotton looked to her side and saw that Twilight had fallen asleep. Cotton got up and looked under Twilight, there was a roll of gauze, with a pair of scissors and a bottle under her, under Twilight there was a tray of with pills on the ground.

Cotton looks walked over to one of Dusk’s desks. This desk was covered in a number of different soldier looking figures, there was a box of what she thought was more figures. Two more boxes were on the ground under the desk, Cotton looked at the boxes to see images of Gryphon soldiers preparing for battle. This was exactly the kind of thing she imagined Dusk would be in. She looks to a clock to find that the time was ten-fifteen in the morning, deciding to take her time she sits herself down at Dusk's desk. She looks at the array of paint that had hastily put down, a half painted figure of a gryphon is in the center of the desk caught Cotton's attention.

Cotton walks her way out of Dusk's room and into the halls of the Crystal castle, she realized this is the first time she had been inside for a very long time. Cotton had been in here once before, but she tried not to think about it. She had hurt Dusk before, but that was before she fell in love with him and she was a child, foals can be way too cruel.

She wandered the crystal halls until she ran into the intimidating dragon named Spike. He was at least twice the size of a grown stallion but ultimately harmless. The giant purple dragon looked at him and spoke in an excitable voice.

“Hi, you must be Cotton Candy. Dusk told me everything that happened, I would love to stay and chat, but we are very busy and I need Twi. Dusk in the map room! Bye!” The massive lizard then rushed his way down the hall.

Cotton assumed that she was on the first floor only to get lost again and discover that she was on the third floor. After opening every door Cotton Candy soon gave up and sat on the ground. Only then she noticed a dull headache and a slight dizziness in her head.

“Dusk help me, I'm lost!” Cotton felt light headed.

A door opens right beside her and Dusk walks out, he looks at her with his deep oceanic eyes and offers her a hoof.

“You need some more painkillers, and try not to touch mysterious glowing things please. The last thing I want is to drag a corpse for an entire day.” Cotton could feel the scolding he was giving her and she felt a little more guilty.

~~~

Glamor Style was trotting down the streets back from the schoolhouse with her friends Cotton Candy and Golden Grain. The three young foals were making their way into the town, they had a little problem with a prince to deal with. Glamor had always thought of herself as a princess, but she was shattered when her obvious choice of colt rejected her. Glamor was furious and she needed to make Dusk Shine hers no matter what and if she rejects him, he would have to understand that he was beneath her.

She had devised a trap and she was going to lure him in with Cotton Candy. Cotton was dumb but well meaning and she was the perfect mare for the job. Glamor sent Cotton off to the Crystal Castle to go get Dusk to come to Sugarcube Corner with whatever stupid promise she could make. Glamor had a goal and she had to make it happen.

Once she was at Sugarcube Corner she knew she had everything ready, Glamour sent Golden off with to ready her backup plan. Golden was easy to play because all she wanted was popularity and attention. She took a seat at a table for two that you could see easily see from the entrance.

Meanwhile, outside Sugarcube Corner Cotton was being berated by Dusk yet again. Cotton could not remember what she had gotten wrong, but Dusk was in a rant anyway. The pair walked into Sugarcube corner Dusk froze and turned to leave.

“Glamor!”

~~~

Dusk sighed heavily as he tended to the bandages around Cotton’s head. A few more moments of fitting and Dusk was finished.

“How did you not notice you were wearing a bandage on your damned head?” Dusk questions while he leaves to go get more medicine.

“Although this is more evidence to my theory that the elements mess with your brain.” Dusk grabs a pill bottle from a cabinet and returns to the kitchen table.

“You drank all your water.” Without saying anything Dush refills her water.

“So Duskie are you feeling okay? “ Cotton says after she downs her pill.

“Not really, I spent most of the time hauling you back here. Only thing wrong with me are the sore muscles from hauling you all the way back here. That and the glowing ball things from the box keeps zapping me ”

“ Glowing things?”

“I was just being a dick.”

“Okay Duskie time to cook us some breakfast!” Cotton says with a sudden burst of energy.

“Alright, I’ll help out.”

“No! I want to do this on my own.”

“You're hurt dumbass.”

“And I owe you.”

Dusk didn't say anything he only sat down at the table and started reading the news. Dusk read some stupid opinion piece about a stupid subject. Dusk then read about an argument in town hall, it was a dumb issue that no one should care about. Dusk read a few more stories before Cotton emerged from the kitchen wearing a frilly purple apron that used to be Dad’s.

“This one is yours. This one is mine.” Places down plates of delicious smelling lemon pancakes, Dusk quickly digs into the plate. His mind started blocking out all other senses just to focus on what he was shoved into his mouth.

When Dusk was lost in the sensation of his breakfast, he felt something warm and soft pressured against his cheek, his face flushed when he realized what had happened. His expression quickly changed to a mischievous grin and he turns in his chair Cotton Candy had kissed his cheek and answered so many questions.

Dusk looks over to Cotton, her face is very flushed and she was shaking, she looked like she was about to explode. Dusk takes a deep breath and prepares opens his mouth to speak, he knows what he is about to say is a mistake but he has planned.

“Want to go on a date with me in Canterlot?”