• Published 8th Aug 2016
  • 1,237 Views, 20 Comments

A Glimmer of Truth: Book One - NightmareTRXY32



Starlight Glimmer wasn't one to reveal many secrets even to her new friends, but there was one secret that even she had no knowledge of, a secret that Twilight would discover by accicdent when reading one of Starswirls journals.

  • ...
3
 20
 1,237

In the Pale Moonlight

All Luna could do was entreat this being with the promise of sex if it meant that it could help her depose her own sister. She was certain that the power she could gain from this pact would be enough to guarantee her victory over Celestia. What she didn't realize at that time was that it wanted more than what she was offering. it wanted her unwavering loyalty and her very soul.

Princess Luna wasn't ready to hand that over just yet, if ever. She had to string him along for now until she could figure a way out of this that would ensure both her safety and her sanity. That last part would not work out to well when she found it waiting for her in her bed chambers. This being wanted her complete obedience and subjugation. Before she could even blink it grabbed her and threw on the bed. It transformed before her into a bipedal being that stood on two legs and bore a face of a goat. In a way it looked like Discord but not as mismatched.

"Enter this pact and I can guarantee that'll be strong enough to overthrow your dear sister,", he spoke. Luna found herself unable to break the spell that he had on her. He grabbed her by the arm and turned her over to get a better look his newest breeding stock.

But before he could slip it in her round flank, Something struck him in the head causing him to stagger backwards. She had levitated a plant pot over to herself without him noticing and struck him in the head. She then turned and bolted to the balcony of her tower and flew off into the night. She landed some distance away and ran away from the capitol as fast as her legs could carry her.

Something was stirring in the bowels of the underworld. Something cold and sadistic. A being that even Luna feared. It sought the domination and enslavement of souls, and it was coming for the Ponies of Equestria. Truth be told, it was partially responsible for the creation of darkness that would become Nightmare Moon, if not fully.

This being is what influenced Princess Luna's fear and jealousy of Celestia. What Luna didnt tell her dear sister was that this force took a physical form and nearly raped her. She tried to deny that a part of her liked this sick and twisted game it was playing with her. She eventually realized what this thing's plans for Equestria amounted to.

She fled from the castle that night and began plotting against Celestia after that, never realizing that she was enacting his plans through her broken and twisted mind. It wasnt until after her return from banishment and being cleansed by the Elements of Harmony that she finally warned her sister of would be coming for them.

And that not even their dear Twilight would be able to avoid his influence.

It's peaceful out tonight, Twilight thought to herself. It's a shame that Rainbow wasn't there to share it with her. Her mind wandered a bit, wondering how Dash was doing as of that moment. Little did she know that her wish was about to be granted. Somepony was watching her from a nearby bush, waiting for the perfect moment to spook the lavender alicorn.

As Twilight and Starlight were settling in for the night, something seemed to be watching the two ponies. Twilight could feel it in her bones that something about the spot they chose to camp at seemed a tad off. The crunch of fallen leaves alerted her to another presence that was near by.

"Show yourself,", she said, her magic lighting up the air around her.

"Don't shoot me!,", came a rough voice, a rough tomboyish voice that she knew too well. Twilight face-hoofed.

"Rainbow!,", she balked, " What are you doing?", to which Dash was a bit taken aback by.

"Oh you know, making sure my marefriend isn't gonna get lost and fail to make it back home. That and you now how much I suck at cooking my own meals.", she chirped with a sheepish grin. The last time Dash had tried to use Twilight's kitchen, she almost destroyed the place.

"You're lucky then that I didn't turn you into a frog or something,", Twilight smiled back as she poked Rainbow in the chest with a wing tip. Starlight was dead asleep, and didn't even bother to stir at the sounds she should have been hearing.

"If you did, you'd still have to kiss me. Like in those sappy stories you read to foals at the library."Dash put a wing around Twilight, pulling her close to the pegasus. The two of them sat on a thick tree branch for the longest time. The moon was illuminating the patch of forest they happened to be in.

"Does anypony back home know that you ran off after us?", Twilight asked the rainbow maned pegasus.

"They all think I'm in Cloudsdale for a school reunion,", Dash said, staring Twilight in the eyes.

"You know, now that your'e here, we could use a third set of eyes,", the alicorn said playfully.

Before Twilight say anything else, she found herself melting into a kiss with the pegasus. She was the most passionate kisser Twilight had ever known. The two of them wrapped their wings around the other, shielding themselves from the now open eyes of a very awake Starlight Glimmer. The unicorn could only lay back down and smile. She had her own special somepony to return to when this was all said and done. No pony could understand what she saw in Trixie, not even Twilight fully understood it. But the alicorn had given her the space to make her own decisions and to make her own friends just Twilight had all those years ago.

While Twilight and Dashie were spending the next afternoon together, Starlight went to sleep.
she had never had a dream like this before. It was so.. real. There were piles of bone and armor scattered around her. Swords were dug into the bones and into the ground like they were old friends. There was a mist lingering all around the place.

She was walking through a battlefield she realized, an ancient and bloody battlefield. A voice called to her. Poweful and yet reserved.

"You forsoke us,", the voice drifted towards her,", you told us that the evil would never return,"What was this thing saying Starlight thought. Out of the mist came a corpse clad in an engraved Steel armor cuirass. A sword piercing it's chest. It lumbered towards her, it's voice chilling Starlight's very soul.

"What's going on,", Starlight said in paniced tone.

"You said you'd banish him Starlight,", The voice drifted closer to her ear.

"Please, i dont undertand what your saying,", she said as quickly as she could,", I've never even performed a Banishing spell before!", and with that she woke up screaming into the faces of two very concerned friends.

"Starlight, It's ok,", Twilight reassured her,", You were having a nightmare,", she said as she hugged her very frightened friend tightly.

"What kind of dream would spook somepony like you,", Dash said patting Starlight on the shoulder.

"I was walking through a field,", She caught her breath as she spoke. It was still so fresh in her mind as she recalled the details of it.

"It had to be something more if it caused you to start screaming,", Dash prodded.

"There were corpses everywhere, they were wearing some sort of steel engraved armor with swords piercing their bodies. One of the corpses started speaking to me, i could hear their voice coming from the mist that was surrounding the fields,", Starlight could only stare at looks on her friends faces.

"What?", Starlight felt like she was missing something important.

All three turned to see a Stone Gateway appear from some sort of magical vortex. Twilight could stare at it in disbelief. She had never seen anything like this in any of her history books before. Starlight winced as her put her left forehoof to her forehead. She could hear a voice in her mind. The voice was as clear and yet as loud as a thunderclap.

"Your suffering will sustain me for a thousand generations."What was this thing talking about she thought.

"What is that," Starlight said, the tone of her voice shifting towards panic. A voice, the voice, spoke to her again.

"That my dear Starlight Glimmer.. is an Oblivion Gate,", It resonated. The voice was calm and yet she could make out the faintest traces of malice forming.

"Soon," it continued,"Everything you know will burn,".