• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 555 Views, 9 Comments

The Industrialist V2 - Woodrow Wilson



An industrialist goes on a trip, and hits a bump in the universe with a human he picked up from earth.

  • ...
5
 9
 555

A Venture into Depths

Chapter 8
A Venture into Depths


POV Austen


1st person


“Where could he possibly be?” Ylva asked me as she paced around the little throne room.


“Well, it’s not like I have mindreading powers like the two of you, I mean really, he’s a fuckin’ sapient bipedal-goddam horse. What’s it to me, that if he gets hurt that I take blame?” I questioned, considering the possible odds against my statement of recognition to the inability t understand the reason to which they just try to telecommunicate with their minds.


“We … didn’t think of that. Why am I so stupid!?” She hit her head with her fuzzy palm.


“What?” I asked stupidly.


“Why didn’t I try to complete a connection to his mind? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” she kept on hitting herself on the forehead with her palm, repeatedly.


“Stop! Don’t injure yourself. It could just make the situation even worse, ‘cause this world is not where I wanted to be, but I’m here and I need to deal with anything that comes my way, and this is one of these things, so stop and try to get this done, okay?”


I contemplated how we could get a connection as Ylva just stared out the colourful window-panes.


“What is it that you are contemplating, Princess?” A guard wearing a livery of grey and purple, queried the princess.


“I’m contemplating the factors that have led to naught but misery on my psyche and life,” she said, her voice colored with the tone of despair.


“Damn, why so serious? I mean, it’s only been like, 2 weeks. For all we know, he was on some-kind of adventure,” I said, trying to think of what he could be doing.


“He could be dying, which could kill me if I connect, or any sort of injury could be psychically transferred to me. Meaning we would both suffer the same amount of pain and the injuries would be manifested on my body in the same locations in which he was wounded,” she explained to us.


“Well, why not send a search party, or send some-kind of magic bird or some shit to go look for ‘im?” I said, wondering why they aren’t doing the obvious.


“Because we don’t have ‘magic birds,’” she emphasized the magic birds words. “And search parties are expensive.”


“But you’re the princess.”


“That doesn’t mean anything here,” she stated plainly as if it were obvious.


“Than why are you princess if you can’t do anything? Can I be crass?”


“What? No! That doesn’t mean … Oh, you already are pretty crass.” she looked frustrated.


“Yea, this sucks anyway, I’mma go adventure through the hallways. Have a Merry Shitmas!”

“Wait stop!” she exclaimed, but I had already walked off, going down a randomly selected hallway.


“Too late! On an adventure,” I yelled, cupping my hand to my mouth and looking back toward the princess, to direct the sound of my voice towards their location.


I was walking, and realised it’s been, like, 7 minutes since I last saw someone.


“Hello? Is someone around here?” I asked aloud throughout the hallways. As I walked through the hallways, there were some noises of clicking from different pathways. It took a little while, but I found the resting rooms around the East Wing of the castle.


There was a white door, with the details of a daylight sky, clouds and everything. The door across from it was a dark night sky door, with the details such as stars and galaxies, constellations and more.


It was frustrating that these things could even be popular designs.


Considering that there were two of them, there would possibly be more than like, a hundred people living here, but that all considered,


The hallways were filled with a pristine Citrus Crystal yellow light, and as I continued the walk through the hallways of endless emptiness, I forbid myself for a limited time, to open doors, and it was around 10 minutes into my walk, was when I thought I heard conversation through a door.


I thought to eavesdrop, but thought it wrong, and did it anyway, for my curiosity overcame my common sense.


“... But the issues would lead to such great consequences, that the consequences alone, have great implications and could be a tragedy of our own making, and lead to misery, a-and-” the voice was female, at least the vocal intonation made the speaker sound like one anyway.


“There will be no issue with this project of ours. If there was, I would know, and if there was, I wouldn’t do this, for then it would be the stupidest thing as to do something with such risk.”


“This project, it’s-it’s … Retarded! The stupidest things that we have thought of so far! Dark magic and science are not a thing to be combined, especially with this creature! The creature could revolt against us, it won’t work …”


It will work!” screamed a voice. “There are no fucking exceptions, you can either leave, or you will succeed!”


“Fine we’ll join! Let us hope this damned thing doesn’t backfire on us …”


I walked away from the door, slowly, and after a few steps, hopped into a sprint.


“I’m telling the princess about this!” I muttered aloud, as I sprinted past maids, butlers, guards and civvies, all dressed in noble attire, aside from the maids, and butlers, but even they still had nice uniforms.


Small POV section: approximate number of words, should be at least 723 words. At least.


I lay upon some kind of stone altar, primitive to all who could see it, but all I could see was the very edges since I was pinned by some force, of a supernatural, non-physical nature and the force seemed to be of a type of magic.


I opened my eyes around 2.3 minutes after awakening, which I kept closed for about 10 or more minutes,


The 3 beings, finally stopping a quarreling, from the sound of someone yelling something about a princess.


They only noticed my awakening, after the 2.3 minutes. But 3.2 seconds after that was when they began speaking, to which was a language, yet again, was unrecognizable, nor was I even understandable, so I initiated the plan of interrogation of my captors, which did not seem too great, but was difficult under the factor of the spell that was previously cast to keep me down.


Said spell was slowly dying away. But the one thing that didn’t help at all was the fact that I, this time, had no control over the situation, which is odd for a being of such a high place in the societies of the Inter-universal Organization of Industrialism. And that society in which I rule highest to the Purity, is a position to never argue with. But that position gives me no control over new lands, that of which could never be controlled, and this land was one of those places.


So, there was nothing to do, in this kind of situation. Aside from the cultists that surrounded me, to which was only three. But the cultists began to speak in some kind of babble, that even I could not identify.


The syllables would never be remembered, by me in any day, but otherwise, they seemed just a jumble of letters, nothing more, all I could make out was a few letters being the letter ‘T’ the pronunciation of ‘th’.


Aside from the unintelligible language they spoke, there was no err in the way they acted, aside from my pinned state of capture under their sights, as I lay bare of my technologies, hoping for the help, I had been given before, as I seemed to feel forgotten, unknown, and alone.