• Published 19th Jul 2016
  • 425 Views, 11 Comments

Spectral Ace: Ponynormal Investigations - Duskbreaker



In a world full of mystery one stallion tries to make sense of the unexplainable while on his journey to find the truth.

  • ...
2
 11
 425

Case File No.7: On the Late Night Train to Manehatten

My name Spectral Ace and it's my job as a paranormal investigator to separate fact from fiction. My life's work has taken me all across Equestria and beyond on my journey to find the truth. Right now I have no idea where I am or how I got here. Also I feel kind of groggy like I've just woken up from a deep sleep.

"Or you are in a deep sleep," a mare's voice suggests.

"Who said that? Where am I?" I call out.

"Right now you're asleep on the late night train to Manehatten."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask.

"Isn't obvious," the mare says appearing from shadow. "You're dreaming."

"Oh, Princess Luna it is quite the honor," I say bowing. "But may I ask what all of is about."

"You arranged an Interview me with me if I'm not mistaken."

"Well, I didn't really mean like this."

"You said when ever was convenient," she says.

"Touchè," I say. Productivity in my sleep was always a dream of mine.

"Shall we start the interview. If you'd like you can dream your office to make things more comfortable for yourself," she tell me.

"Oh no, this black void is quite alright. It's like that one movie with Dicaprihoof," I say. "So, yes the interview. Huh let's see here where should I begin. How about with what you do as the Princess of Dreams?"

"I do my best to stop nightmares from entering the sleep of all who dream," she says.

"What about my nightmares? I can't remember the last didn't have one." I say to her.

"I knew that this would be what you asked, and I'm afraid my answer for you isn't going to be what you want."

"I figured as much, but I must know."

"The truth is, I don't know what is the cause of your nightmares. It's something that I've never seen before. All I do know at this point is that it is incredibly powerful. Even now I'm having trouble keeping it at bay."

"Well, in that case I've gotten what I came for. I wouldn't want to pain you further your Highness."

"Ace you must be careful this may be just the start of your journey, but please just be careful," she pleads.

"Thank you Princess. Now leave me to my demons. You need to help the ones you can."

Case Closed