• Published 19th Jul 2016
  • 425 Views, 11 Comments

Spectral Ace: Ponynormal Investigations - Duskbreaker



In a world full of mystery one stallion tries to make sense of the unexplainable while on his journey to find the truth.

  • ...
2
 11
 425

Case File No.1: Canterlot Castle

My name Spectral Ace and it's my job as a paranormal investigator to separate fact from fiction. My life's work has taken me all across Equestria and beyond on my journey to find the truth. Today I'm at Canterlot Castle to talk to some members of the Royal Guard who have been hearing strange noises during late hours of the night. What will I find withing the castle walls, and who or what is causing these mysterious noises.

First up I talk to Lancestriker, a member of the Guard, who I hear has serving in the castle for quite the number years now.

"So Lance, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself and and the work you do here to start things off," I say.

"Well Mr. Ace I've been here for fifty three years," he tells me.

"That is quite the number of years. Do you think you be retiring any time soon? Maybe spend some time with the misses?" I ask.

"What and leave my post!" He proclaims, "No never, I'll be serving until it kills me."

"That's uh, very noble of you Lance. I, I admire your enthusiasm." I say not really knowing what else to do, "Well before we move on, may I ask one more thing that I have been dying to know?"

"Go right on ahead," he tells me.

"Okay, here goes. I was wondering, in all your time as a member of the Guard, what is the funniest thing you have ever seen while on duty?" I ask.

"Oh that one's easy. I'd have to say it was this most recent Gala when Discord spiked the punch bowl. Princess Twilight was furious, but Spike didn't really seem to mind too much. He said that it felt nice on his scales, but that's a story for another time," he tells me

"Alright then down to business. So I've heard that you and some of the other guards have been hearing some strange noises." I say despite my want to know the rest of the story.

"Yes we've been hearing noises every night," he says.

"Every single night?" I ponder.

"Every night between 2:15 and 2:30. Quite strange if you ask me," he explains.

"That is quite strange," I repeat.

I went and talked with a few other guards and their accounts did indeed concur with that of Lance's. It seemed to me that this would call for a stakeout, but not just any stakeout. Tonight I would have to become a member of the Royal Guard.

"Well , how do I look?" I ask Lance.

"I'd have to say you look like a guard-" he starts.

"Oh, I knew it," I interrupt.

"Hold on, you didn't let me finish. You look like a guard, however you look nothing like a Royal Guard," he tells me to my disappointment.

The night was nearing 2:15 and I was getting a tad bit antsy, to say the least.

" Is it 2:15 yet?" I ask Lance.

"How about you stop asking me every two seconds and I'll tell you," he says.

"Oh right, heh heh, sorry 'bout that."

Soon Enough it was 2:15 and right on queue the noise began.

"Alright we'll only have fifteen minutes to find the noise's source, so let's... wait hold on a second, why haven't any of the guards ever look into this until now?" I ask.

"We never really thought it was necessary," Lance tells me.

"Not necessary, what if what ever is making the noise is dangerous," I explain.

"Well, that didn't occur to me."

We manage to track down the source of the noise to a darkened kitchen.

"Okay Lance let's put an end to this noise once and for all." I whisper.

We slowly make our way into the kitchen. I turn on the light and to my surprise.

"Celestia," I cry out.

I couldn't believe it, here she was making a sandwich when there was a potential danger in there with her.

"Oh, you startled me," she proclaims to me.

"Princess it is a great honor, but I must ask that you leave for your safety while we locate the source of a mysterious noise." I tell her.

"Well, I just grabbing something to eat like I do every night."

"Hold on, did you say every night?" I ask.

"Yes. Why does that have anything to do the mysterious noise?" She whispered.

Well there you have it. Another case debunked by I Spectral Ace, paranormal investigator. Where will my journey take me, and what will I find? Will it be the truth, I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see.

Case Closed