• Published 19th Jul 2016
  • 425 Views, 11 Comments

Spectral Ace: Ponynormal Investigations - Duskbreaker



In a world full of mystery one stallion tries to make sense of the unexplainable while on his journey to find the truth.

  • ...
2
 11
 425

Case File No.2: Diamond Thief

My name Spectral Ace and it's my job as a paranormal investigator to separate fact from fiction. My life's work has taken me all across Equestria and beyond on my journey to find the truth. Today my journey takes me to Ponyville, or more specifically the Castle of Princess Twilight. It is there that a bowl of diamonds was stolen by a mysterious thief.

To start things off I talk to Spike who claims to have seen the diamond thief in action.

"You know I've never interviewed a dragon before, let alone a baby dragon. Wow, this is exciting," I begin. "Okay now that I've gotten that out of the way I heard you saw the thief."

"Oh yeah, I saw it. Except it wasn't any ordinary pony." Spike says to me.

"If it wasn't an ordinary pony, then what was it?" I ask.

"Well, to be completely honest I think it was a ghostpony." he tells me.

"A ghostpony, now that must have frightening." I say.

"Uh huh," he adds.

After I finish with Spike I had my suspicions, because he had shown all the signs of somepony who was lying. I decide to tell Twilight this.

"I could have told you that if you had come to me first, there's no such thing as ghostponies," she says.

"Oh, if you only knew." I say under my breath while she continues to talk.

"What was that?" She asks to my surprise.

"Nothing, do go on," I tell her.

"I was saying that I think that Spike lied because he didn't want to get in trouble for eating the diamonds, and now he's too afraid to tell me the truth," she elaborates.

"I have an idea. I'm just going to need one more pony to help us." I say just before a pony flies into the room calling-

"Hey, Twilight did you hear the new Daring Do book was announced today."

I finish explaining my plan, and we set everything up and I make sure everyone is ready.

"Rainbow are you ready?" I ask.

" Yeah, I always ready, but do we really need all this stuff? I mean-"

"Yes we need all of it," I reassure her. "What about you Twilight?"

"Ready over here." She says

"Quick places, here he comes."

We get to our hiding places and wait.

"Oh, why would someone just leave a bowl of diamonds out, don't mind if I do," he starts. "But I lied last time and now I feel kinda bad. You know what maybe I should tell Twilight."

"What, no." I say while bursting from my hiding place, "I had a plan and everything."

Well there you have it. Another case debunked by I Spectral Ace, paranormal investigator. Where will my journey take me, and what will I find? Will it be the truth, I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see.

Case Closed