• Published 13th Jul 2016
  • 2,975 Views, 52 Comments

A Titanic Destiny - Timeless Lord Slayer



An Exo Titan ends up in Equestria after his warp drive malfunctions. Being part of Dead Orbit, he embraces the change, but things darker than those native to his home system lurk just around the corner.

  • ...
1
 52
 2,975

One: A New Beginning – Malfunction At The Junction

It was late at night at the Tower, and there were very little Guardians ambling about. One in particular, was simply sitting on the edge of a platform, watching the moon. He was a Titan, Guardians known for their silence and gruffness, as well as their strength. But even one such as he was less normal then the others. For he was an outcast, even among his own. Not just among his race, but his fellow Titans and Guardians. He only ever went down into the City to visit his condo, and that was it. A year ago, he would be out and about, traversing the City and raising a ruckus in it's bars. But that was then. He couldn't bring himself to go drinking anymore. And besides, getting rid of the waste was annoying.

"Adric? Are you okay?" his Ghost asked. He did not answer. "Adric?" After a pause, he turned to face his Ghost, it's sleek black and white shell greeting him.

"...Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking," he replied unconvincingly. His Ghost made a noise that sounded like a sigh, knowing better than to pry.

"Well, we should get going. Variks said he wanted to see us, remember?" His Ghost reminded. The Titan said nothing for a time, before slowly getting up.

"...Yeah. Transmat me whenever," he said lifelessly. His Ghost sighed again, before transmatting them both up to his personal ship in orbit around the planet, the Waning Star. Only a scarce few Guardians had this type of ship, but he paid it no mind as long as it worked. Adric walked into the cockpit and set the coordinates for the Reef, before initiating the warp drive and disappearing from Earth's airspace. The ride was quiet, or at least, as quiet as it could be when one is bending the fabric of space to travel between areas. And for a time, everthing was going smoothly, but then the alarms started to blare. "What's going on!?"

"Running diagnostics...Oh, this is bad. Really bad!" his Ghost exclaimed.

"What is it!? What's happening!?" the Titan yelled over the din of the alarms.

"The warp drive is malfunctioning!" his Ghost cried, panicking.

"What!?" Adric shouted in exclamation. He didn't get a chance to say anything else before a tremor shook the vessel, and then, suddenly, they were plummeting towards a planet not unlike Earth. Adric wrestled with the controls, trying his best to pull up.

"Pull up! Pull up pull up pull up!" his ever so helpful Ghost repeated.

"I know, shut up and let me drive!" Adric shouted back. Sadly, he could not pull up, and they crashed.


"Twilight, can we just go to bed already?" whined the baby, purple scaled, green spined dragon named Spike, Number One Assistant and younger brother/son to the Princess of Friendship Twilight Sparkle.

"Not yet, Spike! We still have another fifty constellations to chart! I can't go to bed until they're all charted, and by extension, neither can you! You're better at drawing and charting star maps then me," Twilight replied, looking through her telescope. "Look! There's Trigon's Spear!" Spike groaned but did as he was bid to do and drew the constellation in it's new position.

"Ya know Twi, the constellations moving is not that big of a deal. Heck, they've barely moved at all!" Spike bemoaned. Twilight turned back to face her assistant.

"A few centimeters are nothing to scoff at, Spike! Even the smallest of changes can mean everything!" Twilight urged. Spike rolked his eyes. The lavender alicorn turned back to her telescope, just in time to see something streak across the sky. "Spike, are you seeing this!? Princess Luna really is going all out!" Twilight gushed.

"Okay, that is pretty cool. Wait..." Spike squinted. "Is it me or is that shooting star getting closer?"

"What are you talking about–" Twilight's eyes widened as she saw what Spike was talking about. "Oh my gosh you're right! It's headed straight for the Everfree!" As it drew closer, Twilight could feel the immense magic coming from the now identified meteor, and it gave her a massive headache. So much so that she had to clutch her head to quell the pain.

"Twilight! Are you alright!?" Spike asked worriedly. Twilight panted, before screaming in pain, as if her skull were being ripped open and her brain stabbed. She collapsed to the floor, writhing in pain. Spike immediately ran downstairs to grab a pain relieving tonic, rushing back up as fast as he could before forcing the liquid down the mare's throat. She coughed and sputtered, but managed to swallow most of it. After ten minutes, she stood back up on shaky hooves, horn aching.

"Are you okay? What was that?" Spike queried, concerned.

"Y-Yeah, Spike, I'm okay. Just a headache from a magical surge," she turned to look towards the Everfree. "Spike, I need you to gather the girls at the Everfree, tell them to meet me there. This is something big," Spike gave her a concerned gaze before he nodded and ran off to grab the other Elements.


Adric groaned as he fought to sit upright, thankful his armour had softened the blow from the crash. Taking a glance around, his optics took in the damaged and crushed hull of his ship. It wasn't terrible from what he could see, but it would definitely need repairs to the hull. And the cockpit.

"Ghost, you there?" he called out. The little light in question appeared with a crackle.

"I'm here," it affirmed.

"Where are we?" Adric asked as he got up from the pilot's seat. "Can you run a diagnostic on the ship, see what's wrong?"

"All I know is we're far from the Traveler's Light, but something else is still providing enough for us to live, strange as it sounds. I'll run some scans," it replied. The Ghost floated over to the cracked control panels and started scanning them. While his Ghost did that, the Guardian walked to the cargo bay to check on their supplies. Punching in the codes for the door, the Titan found that most of the crates were undamaged, aside from a few weapon crates, but the weapons themselves were intact. Sighing in relief (or at least making a sound like it), Adric walked back out to check back on his Ghost's progress.

"How's it look?" he asked.

"Not good. The warp drive is worthless. The engine itself is still in...managable, order, but the hull needs some, well, a lot, of work to be spaceworthy again. In short, I doubt we're getting off planet any time soon. On top of that, the radio's busted, only static and white noise," the Ghost informed.

"Great," the Guardian muttered to himself. "Well, as much as I love the fact we found a planet outside the Solar System, I doubt it will make much of a difference if there's no life here, as well as the fact that we can't tell Arach,"

"So what do we do?" his Ghost asked.

"The only thing we can do. Recon," the Titan said with a grunt as he walked back to the cargo bay to grab his guns, and a certain sword from the Taken.

"So, what we always do, then?" the Ghost queried.

"Yes," Adric replied simply. Then, satisfied with what he had, he walked over to the docking bay and opened the doors.

Author's Note:

EDIT: Added more detail to Twi's headache, making a bigger deal. It's needed for what I have planned.