• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 1,970 Views, 32 Comments

Discordian Nights - Pegashy



Long ago, in the desert land of Saddle Arabia, the sultan chooses a beautiful yellow pegasus to be his queen. However, will she be clever enough to survive the night?

  • ...
3
 32
 1,970

A Trip to the Market

Ancient Saddle Arabia was the kind of place you would expect nopony to be.

Almost completely desert with the exception of a few oases, this land was quite desolate. But civilization still managed to grow and even prosper here.

A perfect example of this is Neighqra, a large city in the middle of Saddle Arabia.

Of course, every large city had to have a sultan ruling over it. Neighqra’s sultan happened to be the spirit of chaos himself, Discord.

He lived in a palace on a small hill, but constantly felt alone even though he had many servants.

So Discord would every day choose a queen.

But would end up killing her by the end of the night for reasons of his own.


In a small mud-brick house in Neighqra, a yellow pegasus mare named Fluttershy was just getting up.

She slowly opened her eyes, not wanting to wake up. Just as soon as she did, though, an energetic white rabbit hopped onto her pillow and started gesturing frantically to get her attention.

“Oh Angel, just five more minutes.” Fluttershy mumbled as she turned to face the other side of the pallet she slept on.

Angel squeaked angrily and pointed at his grumbling stomach.

“Okay, I’ll feed you now, just let me get some carrots.” Fluttershy got up and walked over to the kitchen, returning with a hoof full of carrots. She placed them in a bowl and gave them to Angel, who began eating them hungrily.

“I should probably go to the market today, Angel. I’ll be needing more carrots soon if you keep eating so many.” Fluttershy smiled at the small rabbit.

As he finished eating, Angel squeaked in agreement and licked his lips.

Fluttershy giggled and grabbed a basket. “While I’m there I’ll get some seed for the birds, and some groceries for myself as well as those carrots,” Fluttershy opened the door and began to walk out.

At the last second, she came back in and quickly said “Be good while I’m gone, Angel!”

He nodded as Fluttershy closed the door.


Meanwhile in the palace dining room, Discord was having breakfast. Well, more like playing with it. Currently his eggs were flying around the room while the cutlery danced on the long table he was sitting at.

Suddenly, the eggs crashed into a light purple mare as she walked into the dining room.

“Is the food not to your liking, sir?” Annoyed, she wiped the egg off her face with her hoof.

“No, they’re fine, Starlight. I’m just so… bored!” Discord put his hand to his forehead in a mock faint as he snapped, conjuring a pillow behind his head.

Starlight Glimmer rolled her eyes. “I know how you hate to be bored, but could you please restrain yourself? It’s not exactly easy to eat with dancing forks.” She gestured to the cutlery on the table.

“Oh, right, right…” Discord snapped again, and the utensils in question returned to normal.

With a satisfied nod, Starlight Glimmer continued.“Thank you. Now, today there is nothing important planned, but there are still things you need to do. Here, I’ve written a list for you so you won’t ‘forget’ again.” With that, she handed Discord a small scroll and walked out of the dining room.

As soon as she had walked out, Discord snapped his fingers and the parchment was engulfed in flames. “Psh. These aren’t really important. Now, what is, is finding a queen!” he smiled deviously, and got up to leave


”Let’s see… here are those carrots, and.. Oh! Are those daisies?” Fluttershy grabbed the carrots and put them in a basket and walked over to the owner of the market stall she was at.

“Can I help you?” The stall owner asked Fluttershy.

“Oh, um… How much are the daisies?” Fluttershy said quietly, pointing to the small stack of white flowers.

“They’re 2 bits for 5.” The store owner replied, turning to the next customer.

“I’ll get them then,” Fluttershy went over and grabbed a bunch of 5, putting them in her basket. “They are at a pretty low price.”

Fluttershy went over again to pay the 5 bits for the groceries and went to continue shopping.

“Hmm… I still need some seed…” Fluttershy walked around the market looking for the garden supplies booth where she often bought seed.

“Wait, there’s the garden supplies booth!” Seeing the small booth, Fluttershy walked towards it, deciding which type of seed she should buy this time.

“Hey, are you looking for some seed?” A gray unicorn with a blue horn tapped Fluttershy on the shoulder.

Startled, she turned around. “Who’s there?”

“Relax, I was just asking if you were looking for seed.” The gray unicorn said as he gestured to a bag of seed in front of him.

“A-actually, I happen to be at the moment,” Fluttershy stuttered, nervous. “I w-was going over to the garden supplies booth over there to buy some.” Fluttershy looked behind her at the booth.

“Well, I happen to have this seed I’m not going to use, and I was wondering if you wanted it.” He pushed the seed towards Fluttershy.

“Okay, how much do you want for this sack then?” Fluttershy grabbed a couple bits from the basket she was holding.

“Oh, I don’t want any money,” The gray stallion pushed her hoof back. “I just wanted to give it to somepony who needed it.”

“Well… Thank you, but I can’t just take this. Here, I’ll give you 4 bits for it.” She placed 4 shiny bits in front of his forelegs.

“I insist. I’ve got plenty more, and 4 bits don’t matter too much to me.” He pushed the bits toward Fluttershy and began to walk away.

“Oh, you’re too kind! Thank you again!” Fluttershy quietly called as he disappeared, putting the sack of seed on her back.

“I guess I can go home then. Angel will be so happy! Usually I don’t get home until around midday!” Fluttershy smiled as she walked back to her house.

Meanwhile, a certain grey unicorn followed her.