• Published 6th Aug 2016
  • 686 Views, 47 Comments

Chrome's Scrap Folder - Monochromatic



A place to store all my scrapped stories, as well as ficlets that didn't make the 1000min word limit

  • ...
1
 47
 686

Arcade [RariDash/Complete]

In all her life, Rarity had never seen a room with quite so many blinking lights. And the noise! She clamped her ears to her skull in an attempt to drown some of it out, hoping to at least be able to hear herself think. Everywhere she looked, arcade machines were rattling and jingling, and in between, colts, fillies, and even some more adult ponies were screaming and shouting. It was madness!

But, even though it was madness, it was something Rainbow loved. The poor darling had already sat through at least three hours of her marefriend going through every single clothes and jewelry shop in the Canterlot mall, the least Rarity could do was indulge her a bit. It certainly made things better that Dash dragged Rarity along to every game, either out of desire to include her or to show off or maybe both.

It did eventually prove to be a bit too much for her senses, so she excused herself to go sit down at a quiet table near the back of the place. She saw Rainbow Dash in the distance, dragging along with her a ridiculous amount of tickets she’d won and would no doubt cash in for that huge Daring Do doll in display. Heavens knew she’d been raving about it ever since they saw it.

However, when Rainbow Dash returned fifteen minutes later, she wasn’t carrying any Daring Do doll with her. Instead, she placed a small blue box on the table and pushed it towards Rarity, a huge grin on her face.

“Here you go,” she said, prompting a perplexed Rarity to open the box and gasp upon finding a very lovely (and quite expensive) looking watch. “I’d ask if you like it, but I already know you do,” she continued. “... Right?”

“Oh, sweetheart, it’s beautiful!” she exclaimed immediately. “But you were so keen on getting that Daring doll!”

“Pft, it’s okay. I can come back tomorrow, anyway,” Rainbow said, waving away her marefriend’s concerns with a hoof. She then turned around to make absolutely sure nopony was watching and leaned in to nuzzle the unicorn and admit, “I was also missing like fifty more tickets for the doll…”

Rarity giggled and rolled her eyes. “I see. In that case…” She got up and started making her way towards the machines. “We better hurry then.”

“Hurry? Hurry for what?”

“Well, this place is going to close down soon, so we better hurry if we want to get you that doll, no?”