• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 2,447 Views, 18 Comments

Free Falling - Lightning_Speed



Rainbow Dash is a confident,spunky girl.She's obviously the coolest person around in her small town named Ponyville. She's just your normal awesome winged girl but what if I told you that, all that was about to change?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,447

Chapter 3

"APPLEJACK" Dash screamed, AJ turned her head, "stop right there, your not leaving until I get an answer"

"Dash i'm not in the mood to talk right now, I got a lot on my head, i'll apologize to Pinkie later, just leave me be." Applejack sat underneath an apple tree and picked a few blades of grass. Dash's expression softened a little as she made her way beside Applejack.

"Look AJ, I heard about the whole Thunderlane fight." Applejack visibly flinched at the name 'Thunderlane', "I know lately you haven't really been yourself so could you tell me exactly what happened I-"

"Sorry dash but thats my business, I don't want ya to know eve-" Applejack was cut off by Dash

"APPLEJACK, I am your friend, i'm not some complete idiot that wants to know every detail in your life, all i'm asking is to know what happened between you and Thunderlane..., I know it's hard to talk about but wouldn't you want someone to talk to, someone to be there for you? I know I can't push you to tell me but all I want you to know is that i'm here for you and I just want to help you." Applejack stayed silent, after taking all the things Dash had just said, slowly a tear slipped down her cheek, followed by another, and another, until finally AJ forgot about her whole tough act and let the tears stream down her face. Usually Applejack wouldn't show her emotional side to other's, this suprised Dash a little.

Dash yelped as Applejack grabbed her by the shoulders and hugged her real tightly as she continued to bawl. Dash slowly rubbed her back, trying comfort her.

*sniff*

"Do you wanna talk about it now?" Dash asked, Applejack let Dash go and nodded her head.

*sniff* "Yeah, i-i'll tell yah"Applejack wiped her face and sat back down and closed her eyes. "Thunderlane want's .... to be a ... wonderbolt." Applejack hugged her knees and cried a little more.

"Applejack, that's great! I don't understand why your sad? You earn a lot of respect while doing so, " Dash exclaimed, why doesn't Applejack want Thunderlane to tryout? I mean its the best thing a person with pegasus wings can do.

"Dash I understand that really but... that means he'll have to leave me..., he'll be so busy doing all those important things that he'll forget about me, forget about all those time we had. I'll be able to see him very rarely Dash, that's why I don't want him to be a wonderbolt... he'll find someone else who can fly and probably in trying out for the same reason" Dash's eyes widened slightly.

"Applejack?! Do you think your being reasonable?! I mean Thunderlane loves you so freaking much, trust me, I know this because every single meeting we have together with the weather team he always finds a way to bring you up" Applejack turned towards Dash, " I swear he love you more than anything and will never replace you with someone else, that's just not Thunderlane, now you're going to come with me and you're going to tell our friends what happened and then you will go and find Thunderlane and work things out, he hasn't even been outside his house at all man, he really misses you, now come on before I get stuck in all this sappy stuff" Dash spoke with confidence and assurance as AJ took it all in.

"Your right Dash... thanks for reminding me, what's really important and if I ever do somthin like that again, punch me in the face." Applejack said, with a smile.

"Gladly" Dash said with a smirk. "Ok now let's go back into the farm and tell our friends the problem and I think you owe something to Pinkie pie" Applejack nodded, the two got up from under the apple tree and headed for the farm.


The door of the farm opened slightly Pinkie's head perked up as she saw Applejack trotting towards her with her head hung low. Dash trotted back to the haystack she was sitting on and watched Applejack, as she was going to apologize to Pinkie and to the rest.

"Um, ok y'all, i'm mighty sorry for all the things i've said the past few days and for my behaviour. It wasn't right of me to take my anger out on all my friends that have cared about me for so long, but i'm especially sorry for what I said to you Pinkie and that they are not true." Pinkie looked at Applejack with a smile and completely inflated again. "Will ya forgive me?" Applejack asked.

"Of course we forgive you AJ, I don't think there will be a time where we won't" Twilight said, while standing up. Pinkie on the other hand was koala hugging Applejack.

"So darling, Are you going tell us all, what happened between you and... well 'him' " Rarity was sure that Applejack was still a little sensitive about the whole Thunderlane thing so she didn't mention his name.

"Uh, yea, you guys deserve to know what's been on my mind" Applejack took her hat off her head as she began telling the story about how Thunderlane wants to be a Wonderbolt and all. Dash already knew about this stuff so she decided to go out for a fly. Dash trotted out the farm and went in her takeoff pose, then she felt a little sting, oh right, she wasn't supposed to be flying. So she just went back in the farm, bored out of her mind.

"And that's why me and Thunderlane are right now, ya know, distant" Applejack finished as the rest (except Dash) looked at her with wide eyes

"Oh, I hope your all right, after all, it's not the easiest thing to do, I hope we didn't bother you to much." Fluttershy said, with her soft voice.

"Don't ya worry sugarcube, i'm going to see him in a bit anyway to apoligize for my behaviour. It was selfish of me to take control of his life." Applejack finished her sentence and trotted towards the door, she opened it slightly, her eyes widened a little in surprise the smiled. "Heya, Dash, would you mind helping me open this door, it's stuck" Applejack asked with a light smirk written on her face. Dash trotted over to AJ.

"Hehe, Applejack your so weak, you can't open a door, what kind of far-OH MY GOSH" Dash opened the door wide to see the Wonderbolts lead squad standing before her. Dash internally screamed as Spitfire walked up to her.

"Hey Rainbow Dash how ya feeling" Spitfire put her hand on Dash's shoulder. How could Dash forget that the lead squad was in Ponyville looking for her.

"Oh um i'm GREAT! Why do you ask?" Dash couldn't think straight, she was just so surprised to see them. Fleetfoot's head popped in front of Dash.

"Ha, well you were I don't know, HIT BY A COMPRESSED LIGHTNING CLOUD?! Why the hell do you think we asked" Fleetfoot laughed and got a hold of Dash in a head lock.

"That's enough Fleet, I think she's hurt enough" Spitfire made her way into the farm followed by Soarin and Rapidfire. Fleetfoot let Dash go and they both laughed while walking back inside the farm. Feet and Dash have been friends for a while followed by Spitfire and Soarin but she didn't know Rapidfire that well, that saying, none of them even mention him. Dash just shrugged and made her way to an empty haystack.

"Heyy, since were talking about killing," Fleet said with a sly smirk

"When were we talki-" Soarin was cut

"You put on quite a show. Saving and innocent child from being killed by an evil cloud, that's pretty awesome" Fleet said in a dramatic tone. " You didn't even shed a tear, literally nothing , if I was in your case, I would have been screaming while shedding waterfalls" Fleet laughed.

"Heh, what can I say i'm awes-" Dash was cut off when Pinkie zipped up in front of them

"HA, you wish, Dash here has never cried in her whole life, well except when she was a baby BUT other than that not even ONE SINGLE TEAR has ever escaped from her face." At this point everyone was staring with interest and it was true, Dash thinks that crying is a show of weakness, and not cool, so she refuses to every cry seems dumb but obviously not to Dash.

"Heheh" Dash scratched the back of her neck with a light blushes covering her cheeks. Spitfire walked up to Dash and put a hand on her shoulder.

"As I usually say Dash, your full of surprise's. Anyway, i'm sure Soarin told about why were here. Right?" Dash nodded in response.

"Good, and i'm sure you heard about the 'special' tryouts that are taking place in a month or so. Well, one of the reason's this is going to be 'special', is because there were about 25 people who were chosen to be advanced recruits, now I think you know were i'm getting to." Spitfire looked towards Dash with a smirk, as the rainbow haired girl started bouncing in place with a huge smile placed on her face.

"You Rainbow Dash have been chosen to be an advanced recruit, you and the rest of the advanced recruits will be taught by one of our squad captains, you will be evaluated after every week, now the thing about advanced recruits is that you will have higher expectations than the normal recruits and after a month of training there will be people who stay within compound and there will be people who will have to leave, but as advanced reserves" Spitfire walked towards Fleetfoot and took something.

"This is a one way train ticket to our compound," Spitfire handed it to Dash "Hope to see you there" Spitfire finished her whole explanation and walked back to her 'spot'. This was completely new to Dash, the was the first year they ever had a 'advanced recruit squad', "guess some people are just to awesome to be in some normal squad." Dash thought to herself.

*GASP*

Everyone looked at Pinkie pie, who looked like she was about to explode. "WE SHOULD HAVE A WELCOME PARTY FOR THE WONDRBOLTS" Pinkie screamed. The Wonderbolts looked at each other and nodded.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea" Soarin said, with a smile as the others nodded in agreement

"GREAT, I'LL GO GET OTHERS AND START THE DECORATION, BE HERE BY 8:30 pm SHARP IF NOT, EARLIER!" Pinkie screamed in excitement, then dashed out of the farm.

"It's like 8:00 pm right now how the hell is she going to get a party started and invite others?" Rapidfire questioned, Dash smirked while looking towards him.

"I'm going to guess you haven't met Pinkie pie before." Dash said, to Rapidfire. "You just wait, you won't believe it till ya see it."

The Wonderbolts and the group of friends all decided to meet back here at the farm (where the party will occur) at 8:25 so that they won't disappoint Pinkie pie. The Wonderbolts went back to the hotel they were staying at, to get changed out of their uniform's and the rest of the group of friends went to Rarity's boutique, for she wanted to get dressed (as usually) for the party, the rest were fine with what they were wearing.

"I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best parties Pinkie's going to host especially because the Wonderbolts are here!" Dash thought to herself as she trotted with her friends to Rarity's boutique.

Author's Note:

Ha! I bet it's going to be a sick party :pinkiehappy:
Anyway that's chapter 3, hope you guys liked it!

I took the freedom on finding a few pictures of the main charaters ( I know y'all know what they look like but still and they don't really show the wings and unicorns but prtend there there :twilightblush: ) so here they are!
Rainbow Dash

Soarin


Spitfire

Fleetfoot

Twilight

Rarity

Pinkie pie

Applejack

Fluttershy

I couldn't find a humanized pic of Rapidfire sooo... yea :twilightsheepish: , Bye!!
photo creds to: semehammer, colorstrike, and some unknowns :rainbowlaugh: "
-Lightning_Speed :rainbowdetermined2: