• Published 17th Jun 2016
  • 1,277 Views, 30 Comments

Wings of Warcraft - astralwrath



When Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are sucked into a portal, they're thrown into a world that's the polar opposite of their own. Now, with their new friends, they must find a way to leave. But they must also save the world from an evi

  • ...
2
 30
 1,277

Into Azeroth

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I don’t own My Little Pony. It belongs to Hasbro and Laurent Faust. I also don’t own World of Warcraft because if I did, I probably would’ve blown up the game (by accident). WoW belongs to Blizzard.

A/N: *crash-lands through roof* Hullo everyone! I love WoW. Best game ever……….. ok, that’s probably not true, but I don’t have the time to find a new game to play! I’m playing Warcraft! Anyway, I also watch MLP (go ahead, laugh… 3… 2…. 1….) Ok, now all MLP-haters should have left by now. If you’re staying to criticize, know I will ignore you. Now, I decided to throw both MLP and WoW together to create this masterpiece! Enjoy!

*exits stage*

*sticks head out of curtain* Oh, and I may have made it so the Lich King didn’t wake up until after the Cataclysm cause I never played pre-Cata and I love the WofLK lore. Bear this in mind.

*vanishes*

“How exactly is the portal useful now? It isn’t exactly open,” Rainbow whined as they descended down the spiral staircase below Canterlot Castle. She was flying directly above Applejack’s head, swatting at her hat, much to the farmer’s annoyance.

“I think it’ll be fun-a-fun fun!” Pinkie squealed happily as she bounced past Applejack, nearly knocking her into the wall. Applejack shot Pinkie a quick glare, before quickening her pace to catch up with Twilight.

“Er, Twiligh’? Why does Princess Celestia an’ Princess Luna wanna meet us down there anyway?” Applejack asked, her eyes fixed on the darkness of the passage, which was slowly being pushed back by Twilight’s glowing horn.

“She wants to discuss the portal that took me to Canterlot High. We might be able to use it to our advantage,” Twilight explained, smiling at her friend. She knew she hadn’t done much to prepare her friends while they had been in Ponyville for this, but now was the time. After all, the summons hadn’t left her enough time to explain.

“Why must we do such a thing, darling? Can’t Celestia and Luna deal with it without our opinion?” Rarity called from the back of the group, where she was keeping Fluttershy from fleeing back up the stairs. The darkness, despite the lights from the horns of Rarity and Twilight, was still dark enough to scare Fluttershy.

Twilight leapt down the last couple stairs, stood on solid ground, before giving her answer, “Well, I went through the portal once, and Celestia thought it would a good idea that I had a say in it. Plus, I wanted to bring you guys along.” She turned to smile at her friends, who now all stood beside her, before she lead the way down the stone hall, eyes scanning the torches dotting the bricks and the moisture seeping through rock. This place hadn’t been renovated in years, but that might actually be a good thing. It would keep curious ponies and unwanted guests away from the conversation Twilight was about to have.

Turning the corner, the six friends fun themselves in a circular room lined with old racks of rusting armour, ancient weapons hanging off the wall, and the purple mirror, shining brightly in the light of the unicorn’s magic, sitting in the centre, looking extremely out of place.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna stood to one side, Celestia conjuring balls of bright golden light to hover around the room. Twilight and Rarity extinguished their horns as they approached the Princesses. The Mane Six bowed, except for Twilight, who inclined her head. Luna and Celestia repeated Twilight’s gesture to the others.

“It’s good to see you. All of you. Please make yourselves comfortable,” Celestia said, spreading her wings. She then frowned and added, “Well, as comfortable as you can.”

Princess Luna followed on her sister’s words, her modern day speaking having much improved, “As all of you know, this mirror can take us to another world, where ponies do not walk, but creatures called humans do.” She nodded at the mirror and continued, “We don’t know what to do with it, but it could prove to be an advantage to us. We wish for you to enter the portal and learn what you can from them, see if we could form an alliance between the two. They would be valuable assets to us, just as we will be valuable assets to them. Magical disruptions and evil creatures will not be able to stand before the might of two combined armies.”

Twilight’s jaw dropped, along with the rest of her friends. Princess Luna wasn’t saying the word directly, but they were pretty sure Luna was talking about something that hadn’t happened in over a thousand years, and hopefully wouldn’t.

War.

No, not the little skirmishes against the Changelings who had attacked one city or Tirek, who had been decimated by a single alicorn. This was where all of Equestria fought for their very survival against another force with ambitious intent. Twilight had not read about one in Equestrian history, but who knows… It was quite possible that violent and dark story had been erased.

“Well, er, I suppose we could,” Twilight muttered, still trying to comprehend what Luna and Celestia were asking of them. It was quite a bit to wrap her mind around, since Luna nor Celestia had ever spoken of war and Twilight had never expected to have to fight one. Not with the Elements of Harmony close at hand.

Celestia gave her student a soft smile and said, “Twilight, I know it is a hard decision, but you must make up your mind soon. The portal is due to open again soon. I know you only have three days, but we could easily make it last endlessly with the right technology.”

Twilight looked up eagerly at that thought, wondering if she could be the one to open the portal permanently. That would be a fun project that would require science and magic. A smile flickered across her lips as she thought about what she could do. The thoughts about war were briefly shoved to the back of her mind.

She opened her mouth, ready to ask if she could work on such a project, but the words never came. Instead, her eyes widened in shock as she stared at the mirror. Behind her came a very high-pitched squeak.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna both furrowed their brows, wondering what in the world the Elements of Harmony were staring at. They both exchanged odd looks with each other, and then their own eyes widened.

In a slow (horror movie slow) movement, the two alicorns turned to look at the mirror, eyes fearful.

Only there was no mirror.

In its place was a gaping hole with shadowy tendrils seeping out like many arms. They grasped at the air in front of them, slowly inching forward through the air, seeking out anything in the room. Celestia, who was closest, jumped back multiple bounds until she was next to the Elements, followed quickly by Luna.

“Run, my little ponies,” Celestia cried as the tendrils suddenly darted forward, strange whispers beginning to sound from them. They grasped at empty air, heading towards the various ponies. All of them spun around and stampeded towards the exit.

Except one.

Fluttershy just stood there, paralyzed with fear. Her pupils had dilated to mere pinpricks. The tendrils could sense their frightened prey. They slithered across the ground towards her like snakes and grabbed her hooves.

Then, she screamed. Fluttershy started struggling, desperately trying to free herself from the tendrils, but they had a strong grip. They began to pull her towards the portal, reeling her in like how a fisherman would catch, well, a fish.

“FLUTTERSHY!” Twilight cried, charging forward, horn glowing. She fired a beam of magenta light at the tendrils, hoping to free the Element of Kindness. No avail. They simply reformed immediately after.

A rainbow blur tore past Twilight and grabbed Fluttershy, trying to fight the shadows with physical strength. Instead of actually accomplishing anything, more wrapped themselves around Rainbow’s torso, before both yanked the two pegasi with one final pull through the portal.

“NO!” Twilight screamed and dove straight through the portal after them, wings spread.

The portal slammed shut, leaving two Earth Ponies, a unicorn and two alicorns staring in shock, trying to process what exactly had just happened.

. . . . .

Lysandre was in a pretty good mood. The young paladin had just helped clear out an infestation of Blackrock orcs that had been trying to sneak in from Blackrock Mountain. They had all fallen to his huge battle-axe.

Lounging on the side of Lake Everstill, Lysandre ruffled his short brown hair and sighed, leaning back. His silver armour, from his boots to his chest-piece, were bundled up in his room at the Lakeshire Inn alongside his royal blue cape and heavy battle-axe, a gift from his father in Theramore. He was now garbed in a leather shirt, a pair of cream leggings and laced-up boots. His ice blue eyes scanned the lake. Just the other day, he had dove into its murky depths to search for a girl’s lost necklace.

This place was Lysandre’s first assignment. After years of vigorous training, the Cathedral of Light had finally sent him to his first post, where he would work as a soldier until he had proven himself.

How?

Lysandre honestly had no idea. No matter how many other paladins he had badgered, bribed and blackmailed, none had told him how to prove himself. It was a little infuriating, really. Was he supposed to wait for something to just fall out of the sky?

SPLOOSH!

Jumping to his feet, Lysandre stared at Everstill’s rippling surface. Unless he had been very much mistaken, something had just fallen out of the sky.

Lysandre looked left and right, wondering if anyone else had seen it. The guards on the bridge didn’t seem to have reacted, and there was no one around this evening. Turning back to the lake, Lysandre shrugged to himself and promptly dove in.

It was murky, but Lysandre could make out a shape at the bottom. This part wasn’t very deep, thank the Light. Lysandre kicked out and made his way downwards.

There, resting on the mud, was… a pony?

Lysandre had to stop and stare, but only for a moment. He was halfway through his supply of air after all.

Lunging forward, Lysandre scooped it up, before getting a good push off the ground and skyrocketing back up to the surface. With a splutter, he stroked out to shore once again, and dragged the pony up onto land.

Now, he could have a closer look at it. Its fur was a lilac and its mane was beautiful, with a main purple colour and magenta highlights. Lysandre couldn’t help but marvel at it. He reached out and stroked the wet fur, gazing at the more startling aspects of this already-strange creature.

It could have been a pony or horse, except for the horn spiralling up from its forehead. Lysandre pondered over this, wondering if it was like those zhevras from Kalimdor he had read about. It also had two feathered wings on either side, splayed limply beside its body. Lysandre was really stumped on what it was. Certainly no species he had ever learned or read about.

The most unusual aspect so far, and it really was unusual, were the two star-like markings on her flank. Were they tattoos? Lysandre reached out and touched one, only to feel wet fur. No, whatever they were, they were a part of her. He’d never heard of tattooed fur.

Lysandre looked up at Lakeshire, wondering what to do now. He had to help this pony… thing, but how? He didn’t know the first thing about it! Lysandre decided it would be best to return to his room at the inn and take care of it there. However, he would draw a lot of attention to himself.

Sending a swift prayer to the Light, asking it to stop anyone from stopping him, Lysandre stood with the creature in his arms and took off at a sprint towards the inn. He was fast, the world blurring slightly around him. Those few outsides stared, but Lysandre refused to slow. He was at the inn in moments, and had soon vaulted the stairs and into his room, slamming the door behind him.

Hopefully no one would question him afterwards. He carefully set the pony down upon his bed, petting her mane. Now that he had gotten over her strange appearance, he really found her quite beautiful. He obviously wasn’t in love, but it was rare to see such beauty in Lakeshire, where orcs and murlocs were plentiful, but beautiful creatures like this one was not.

Lysandre took a seat next to her, raised one hand, and placed it on the pony’s side. He closed his eyes and focused, allowing the Light to flow through him. His hand began to glow and a golden light covered the pony, then faded. Lysandre lifted his hand just as the creature’s eyes shot open.

Her eyes, like her fur, were a lovely lilac.

Her breathing was short and quick, eyes wide with panic. She looked Lysandre right in the eye, and suddenly jumped to her hooves, horn beginning to glow a strange magenta light. Lysandre leapt off the bed and fell on the floor, raising his hands as sign of surrender.

“Hey! Hey! I’m not going to hurt you! You fell in the lake!” he cried, scrambling backwards towards where his axe was propped up against the wall. He was desperate to have something in his hand. He did not want to be killed by a pony creature.

That would be a very disappointing death.

Just as his hand wrapped around the hilt of his axe, the creature stopped. The glow of her horn faded and she looked less like a wild beast. In fact, she now looked curious, and extremely intelligent.

She, Lysandre thought. Is it female? He leaned forward, now curious as well. She definitely looked female, and held herself in a regal manner, like King Varian or Prince Anduin. Lysandre’s grip loosened on the axe. Perhaps she wasn’t hostile after all.

. . . . .

The woods of Darkshore were silent. There was no birdsong, only the harsh cry of the occasional crow. A couple bears were wandering around the ruins of an old, Night Elven town, with a battered dock, an inn cracked in two and water flooding through half of it. The only piece that was actually intact was the moonwell, and even then, it still held an ominous aura. It was, after all, filled with the bracers of corrupted Cyclones.

Walking slowly through the remains of the town, Adrelaria nimbly leapt from one side of a small crack to another. She was grateful Lor’danel had not been completely destroyed like this place. A couple fissures here and there, but those had been easily made traversable with bridges. Auberdine, on the other hand, was done for.

Adrelaria made her way inside the inn and sat down underneath the ruins of the stairs, staring at out at Auberdine’s remains. Her hair glowed faintly in the light, as white as the moonlight that fell down from Elune. It fell to her waist. She never put it up. Adrelaria didn’t see any need to. Most of her combat was done in bear form after all.

Her skin was a periwinkle colour, purple-blue. It might look like she’s dead, but Adrelaria never felt more alive. She was one with nature. She even had claw-mark tattoos over her eyes, each one a beautiful lilac colour. Her armour was leather, made of of black leather that cut off above the stomach. It had red lining around it and the sleeves fell to her gloved hands. Her pants were black and there was a silver dagger at her side.

Reaching into a pouch at her waist, Adrelaria pulled out a hearthstone. The last place it had been set to was here. Now, she would have to find a new place she could pull back to after long days of questing through Darkshore, eliminating the various threats and such. Lor’danel was too far north for her liking, and the Grove of Ancients had no inn. She sighed, wishing the Cataclysm had never struck.

SPLASH!

 Adrelaria leapt to her feet at the sound, bashing her head on the bottom of the stairs as she did so. She winced and grabbed at her head. At least no one was around to see an all-powerful night elf nearly knock herself out with a broken staircase.

Once the world had stopped spinning, Adrelaria gingerly made her way to the inn’s exit. The splash hadn’t come from the small rivers running through Auberdine. It had come from the Moonwell. Adrelaria wondered what had been stupid enough to jump, or fall, into a sacred place.

Stepping outside of the inn, Adrelaria turned her gaze over to the pool. It was still filled with the Cyclone bracers she had thrown in earlier, but now… now it appeared something pale yellow and pink was in there, too.

And they were alive.

Adrelaria shot forward, throwing her arms into the pool as soon as she reached its edge. Her hands gasped at fur and she gave a hearty tug, pulling the creature out of the glimmering water. Adrelaria pulled the creature onto dry land, then adjusted her grip so she could carry it into the inn. It would be safer in there than out here, where a Cyclone could come forth at any given moment, along with patrolling Twilight Cultists.

Once inside of the building, Adrelaria made her way to the top level and set the creature onto one of the unbroken beds in the room. Its fur was now matted to its skin. It had yellow fur and a long, flowing pink mane. It was a pony.

Adrelaria stared at it in wonder. Strange markings of three pink butterflies were found on her flank. She also had a pair of wings. Strange. Adrelaria had never seen such a creature, but she was quite certain it was female, now that she got a closer look..

Sitting down on the other bed, Adrelaria propped her chin in her hands, placed her elbow on her knees. She closed her eyes and focused, using a bit of her nature magic to funnel a healing spell into the pony.

With a gasp, the ponies cyan eyes shot open. She lifted her head, looking around with wide panicked eyes. Adrelaria lifted her chin out of her hands, surprised she had recovered so quickly. The pony turned to look at Adrelaria and screamed.
. . . . .

“It isn’t my pet! I just watched it fall into the moat around Gilneas! I had nothing to do with it!” Caine cried angrily, waved his hands in the air. The huge tauren was extremely angry with the undead rogue who was standing in front of him. The two had been arguing about how Caine had two pets instead of the standard one.

Snorting angrily, Caine muttered, “You know what? I hope you die again.” He stormed off, causing the ground beneath him to shake slightly. A Deathguard walking by, carrying a ton of precariously-stacked crates, lost his balance and the crates.

Caine didn’t stop to help. He stormed over to a rock overlooking the Northern Headlands and sat down. His skin was a rich dark brown with a couple of pale brown stripes on his snout. He had a white belly, but that was hidden behind his brown leather armour. A red cloak was slung over his shoulders along with a wooden bow with wings carving out of the tip.

Trotting back was his pet wolf Claire. She had a beautiful golden pelt and intelligent blue eyes. Caine had tamed her when he had been sneaking around through Elwynn out of plain old curiosity. Not the smartest idea, but he’d made it out alive, hadn’t he?

On Claire’s back was the strange creature Caine had been arguing about with the rogue. It was a bright blue with a rainbow-coloured mane. It was, in fact, some sort of winged pony with a weird tattoo on its flank. A tattoo of a cloud with a yellow, blue and red striped lightning bolt shooting out of it. Caine thought was pretty cool.

Scooping it up, Caine set it beside him, stroking its flank. He wished he had some healing spells, but being a hunter, all he had was bandages. Unless…

Suddenly, Caine stuck a hand in his pouch and tugged out a small healing potion. He had been saving it for a serious injury to him or Claire, but he could always buy more. He popped it open and tipped it gently into the creature’s moth.

He only had to wait a few moments before he was staring into the creature’s rose coloured eyes.

Then, in a rather abrupt fashion, it kicked Caine square in the jaw.