• Published 15th Jun 2016
  • 3,028 Views, 73 Comments

The Element of Kindness - BlueHeartTattoo



An nameless pegasus rans away from the Queen of Changelings after being imprisoned 20 years. After meeting a group of fillies, an draconeqqus and a princess, nopony knew she would be connected to a mysterious disappearance. AU Inspired by Snow White

  • ...
5
 73
 3,028

In the Eye of the Storm

Chrysalis flew as high enough as the mountaintops from afar; But no matter how far she went, she would still find the infuriated beast hot on her trail.

Discord chased after the changeling queen into the skies where the clouds grew darker than before and rain started pouring down. Then a gold energy was growing from his paw and he threw it towards her, hoping that it would stop her tracks.

Chrysalis dodged the beam, but it had nearly glazing her arm. She turned her attention to the draconequus, “I’m surprised, Discord; I would’ve expected you to be a statue by now!”

“Your little hoax wasn’t as convincing as you intended it to be!” Discord shouted.

He threw another energy ball at Chrysalis and just after she avoided the blast, he encased her in his yellow aura and pulled in her towards him. Her face was almost close to his when she stopped.

“What did you do to Fluttershy?” Discord snarled lowly. When she didn’t respond no other than a small grin, he repeated in a roar, “WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!”

Chrysalis still had that smirk and replied back, “She’s dead.”

Discord grew still. His eyes widen with shock and his breath became ragged and shallow as those words resonated in the dead air.

He was too late. Too late to save her when he had sworn countless of times that he will protect her. Now his heart was breaking.

And then, he felt something else growing inside of him.

Rage.

Rage for the monster that is in front of him with the use of his magic. The one who had took away the only thing that mattered most of him, after the years of torment and abuse leading up to this moment. Now, with the determination that he had felt before-- he had the urge of ripping her apart.

His paw grew an energy ball with much power and size. Chrysalis knew she had to act quickly and used her magic to use a protection shield on her as soon as he blasts it to her with a roar. Through the ricochet of that blast, the two rivals were forced away from each other.

Chrysalis looked down at Discord, who grew so furious that his eyes started to glow, “Are you done yet?”

With a deep growl, he charged towards her, throwing beams fiercely as much as he could while Chrysalis dodged within every shot he makes.

Back on the ground, Twilight, Spike and the bearers arrive to the scene where they can see Discord and Chrysalis above them in the sky. They marveled yet gaped with fear as they watched the two figures soaring through a fierce battle. They can even hear them as they listen to every yell that he makes as he kept on throwing beams at her.

It was at this point Chrysalis gotten sick over this pointless duel and she used her magic to create a massive orb that almost blasted Discord almost out from the sky and to the ground. Luckily, he quickly stopped himself from falling any further by manipulating his gravity force.

“Why fight it all, Discord!?” Chrysalis yelled, “Why risk yourself to save a world that will never accept creatures like you or me?! Why waste all your potential, your worth—your power?!”

Discord frowned and panted through the rush from the battle, “That doesn’t matter anymore. I may have not been able to save Fluttershy, but for her, whatever it is you’re plotting; I won’t let you win!”

She then smirked, “I already have, though you might not realize it yet. It’s going to be amusing to see you stoop so low to try to save this land for the sake of one pony.”

“Funny; I would’ve thought that you would know actually what that’s like.”

Chrysalis felt a pang of pain inside her which quickly turned to anger, “DON’T CONTRADICT ME!!” She swiftly blasted a beam, hoping to strike him.

Sensing the urge to help, Twilight flew up to the sky and in front of Discord where she used a counterattack spell to block Chrysalis’s beam.Discord gaped at Twilight’s bold act and so was Chrysalis for a moment before she replaced it with a glare.

“Princess Twilight Sparkle,” Chrysalis said with a sense of sarcasm in her voice, “Celestia’s sole pupil and savior of Equestria. I was wondering when I’ll ever going to make your acquaintance.”

Hoping to resolve it peacefully and giving her a chance, Twilight pleaded out to the Changeling Queen, “Your highness, this needs to stop! Don’t you realize the damage that you caused? This invasion could start another war and Equestria won’t stand without the harmony in balance!”

“Well, of course, Princess. It was intentional. But only this time, you won’t have the elements and you bearers to protect yourself from us,” Chrysalis had said the word ‘bearer’ as if it were poison, “There is nothing you can say to change my mind, so you might as well give up.”

Twilight’s face softens a bit as she thought a tactic and hoped she will see reason for this, “I know the defeat on the Changeling War must’ve hit you hard, especially on your mother. You must’ve loved her.”

Chrysalis flinched at the mention of the war and her eyes glared at the princess with a murderous scowl. She whispered through a hiss that both Twilight and Discord heard, “I respected her; love had nothing to do with it.”

As uncomfortable she was from those words and her looming sense of anger, Twilight continued, “I don’t mean to upset you but I am saying this to help you realize that this isn’t the way it has to be.”

“Of course, it is, princess. After all, it is you ponykind that started this in the first place.”

“But the changelings were endangering the ponies’ lives! We only went to war when Queen Cecropia and your mother refused to negotiate a compromise. We never meant to hurt you or your kingdom, but they insisted to continue fighting. The princesses even tried to help you when it was over!”

“Your precious princesses tried to destroy us!” Chrysalis spat at Twilight with her eyes full of rage, “We sought to take Equestria in our hooves to take more love and become a dominant race. We all fought for it; my mother even took that vow until your princesses murdered her! And they did nothing but pleaded to us to become their slaves in the world that would never accept us!”

Twilight was taken back from the emotional rage that Chrysalis had shown in front of her. She felt pity for her but at the same time she was terrified watching her justify her and her kingdom’s actions and her hatred to all ponykind. It was almost hard for her and the others to watch the queen break down to a point where it was clear that she is twisted inside and out.

At the corner of her eye, Chrysalis saw a speck of light in the sky with a dark figure flying close to them.

She crooked a smile and spoke with a cold, unsettling happiness in her voice, “But that doesn’t matter now. Because I’m going to end what I started twenty years ago!”

Her horn flared up in flames until a small speck of fire landing into her hoof. The fire then extinguished to reveal the dimly-glowing gem of kindness!

Twilight, Discord and the ponies below gasped when they saw it.

“The element of kindness!” Rarity exclaimed, “She has it!”

“But how?!” Spike asked, “How did she manage to break through the magical lock?”

Chrysalis chuckled as she was the awestruck shock she saw from her victims, “While you and the others flew back here for Nameless, my drones immobilized the guards and the Princesses right after they unlocked the door to the elements. Foolish thing they did. Stealing a newborn bearer to disrupt the harmony in this land was almost too easy, but it had gotten more complicated than it should be. Nameless had grown powerful than I expected, and she was nothing but a troublesome little traitor from the start!”

Discord growled and Twilight tried to hold him back as he gotten angrier.

Chrysalis continued, “But now that she’s out of the way and once I destroy this gem for good, the chain of harmony and the future of bearers will be broken and Equestria will finally belong to the changeling race forever!”

She laughed manically as lighting strike behind her, making her look dark and threatening to her spectators who watched with shock and fear.

“Now then,” Chrysalis turned to the gem on her hoof, “Let’s not waste any time, shall we?”

In a split second, she threw the gem in the air and her horn started to ignite while the others gasped in shock. Springing into action, Discord tackled her against the mountainside. Twilight quickly grabs the gem with her aura as soon as it started to fall to the abyss below her.

“Twilight!”

She snapped her head to where Discord struggled to hold Chrysalis down.He grunted and shouted again, “Take the element! Get it away from them as far as possible!”

Twilight nodded in respond and flew the other direction away from the mountains.

Shortly after, Chrysalis kicked Discord in the stomach. He groaned in pain while she pushed him off her and saw the purple princess getting away with the element.

She can also notice the small buzzing sound coming in from behind her.

She sneered in silent rage, “So this is the way it has to be. General!” She called out to the sky and the changeling general emerges from the storm.

“Stop Princess Twilight Sparkle and get that element! It is time to begin the invasion!”

“Yes, my queen!” he replied before he starts screeching a foreign buzzing noise. Discord and the ponies covered their ear at the painful shriek.

It didn’t take long for them to see an army of changeling flying over the stormy skies. It covered up the whole sky as it made their way past the Everfree Forest to the rest of the land. They can already hear the echoes of horrifying screams from the residents from Ponyville.

Three changelings left the army to chase after the princess while dozens of others flew down towards the ground. Spike and the bearers started running away as they realized they were going to attack them.

After admiring her army from afar, she gazes back at Discord, who has recovered from his injury.

She ignited her horn as she screamed back at him, “And now, dear Discord, you shall die here knowing that your precious ‘Fluttershy’ is gone forever!”

He gazes back at her with renewed anger and determination in his eyes, “I don’t think so.”

Chrysalis quickly fired her shot, but Discord jumped out of the way and floated up to the sky. She follows him while throwing another shot and he threw a fireball from his hands. They engaged each other into battle as the storm-filled sky and the rain continued to pour over them.

Meanwhile, Twilight noticed the three changelings closing in on her. She fired a magical shot at the group but each one of them had dodged the blast. Looking up ahead, she saw that three more changelings that are blocking her way past them. Contemplating on what to do, she glanced at the ones who were chasing behind her and then down at the ground where her friends were running away from another group of changelings.

Then an idea popped into her head and she looked at the gem in her hooves. I hope this works.

When she got close enough towards the changelings blocking her path, she glided up and they were suddenly collided with the ones who were behind her.

Satisfied on the move, she flew down towards her friends. She shouted as she gotten close enough, “RAINBOW, CATCH!”

Rainbow turned to Twilight who had called her and saw her throwing the gem down to her. Quick on her hooves, she zoomed up the sky to catch the jewel.

“Keep the element safe!” She heard Twilight calling out, “Get the others out of here! Throw it to them if you need to, just don’t let the changelings take it!”

“You got it, Twi!” Rainbow shouted before gliding back near the ground.

When the changelings that were taunting them saw the element on Rainbow’s hoof, a small portion of them started to flutter their wings for flight. Rainbow noticed this as she was planning to land the ground, but she quickly flew back up with the changelings pursuing her.

As her friend ran further away into the forest with the changelings after them, Twilight looked back to the mountainside where she can see the battle between Chrysalis and Discord. As far as she can tell from the fight that Discord was still resistant against the queen’s power, but she grew more frantic each magical shot she threw at him. When one of the shot got his arm, she gasped and rushed over to the scene.

Discord yelled in pain as the shot glazed by his lion arm. When Chrysalis saw that he is distracted, she quickly threw another shot. But that shot was vanished as Twilight flew in and put up a shielding spell in front of it.

Discord was caught surprise on Twilight’s action. She saw his reaction and responded back with a wink and a grin, making him glad that he now has an ally by his side.

Chrysalis growled at them and ignited another shot. Both of them dodged and flew different direction surrounding her. Chrysalis strike Twilight who immediately shield herself while Discord snapped his fingers to summon a cotton candy cloud floating towards her. She was almost got caught into the cloud, resulting with little bits of cotton candy stuck everywhere on her. For a moment as she was distracted, Chrysalis saw Twilight launching an ice beam at her and she counterattack with a green fire ball that quickly melted the ice. Fighting two powerful being is almost too much for Chrysalis to control, but she is not willing to give up any time soon. So she persevered as the battle between her, the lord of chaos, and the princess and bearer of Equestria endured.


Meanwhile, the group was still being chased by the changelings while a small portion of them were in the sky pursuing Rainbow Dash.

As she tried flying further away from them, she was halted as one popped right in front of her. She glided away until another changeling did the same. It was like when she found a way around it, the changeling found another way to interfere and they are both caught up in the swirling flight.

Rainbow, finally getting desperate on her plight, looked down and called out, “Hey, anypony, grab it!”

Rainbow threw the element out of her hoof and to the ground. The changelings stopped chasing her then flew towards to element before Rainbow stopped them, throwing a few punches and kicks before they come close to it.

Applejack was the one who responded to the call by running back and catching the gem with her tail. As she galloped back to the group, she noticed a few changelings were catching closer to them. Looking for a way to distract them, she quickly flipped her tail and held out her hat for the element to fall into. Then she ran off the trail and into the trees, where which the whole group of changelings followed.

The trees were much closer together and wilder that it was easy for her to lose a good chunk of them in an instant. When she saw that half of them were still there, she grabbed a low branch with her mouth and stretch it far enough that when she let go, it swung back and hit them. When one recovered from the attack and resumed back to the chase, she spotted a vine from a tree. She grabbed it and swung herself around so when the changeling halted for a second, she came back kicking it from behind. She resumed galloping after she saw that the changeling was unconscious.

She tried to get back to the trail where the others are. When she is right by to the side of them, more changelings rushed in and tackled her. She managed to slip through once or twice before getting overpowered by the arms of her enemies.

“Rarity!” Applejack yelled out before throwing her hat away from the distracted changelings and started throwing punches at them to free herself.

Rarity used her magic to levitate the gem and the hat and continued galloping on the path. When she noticed changelings hovering over the group, she saw a turn with the overview completely covered by trees.

With a distraction in mind, she cried out to the group, “Turn towards that corner!”

The group does so and later they were consumed in the darkness surrounding them. Unfortunately, the changelings that hovered over them had night vision to find their victims in the dark.

Now I know you seem a little dull, Rarity thought, but don’t worry, dear element; I’ll make sure that you will truly shine!

She lighted her horn to illuminate the gem, causing it to reflect the light and blind the changelings. The group escape out of the dark trees while they were still blind.

They got into the trees and ran until they saw more changelings scouting around a clearing. They quickly duck into the bushes and hid there. Rarity and Spike tries to see anyway free passages to go until…

“So what’s next?” Pinkie was gasping her concern rather loudly and was immediately shushed. The changelings peered where the sound came from; but when they saw nothing there, they continued searched around the area.

“Pinkie, this is no time to play around,” Spike whispered hastily, “We need to stay quiet and-“

His mouth was completely covered by Rarity. He thought he might’ve whispered too loudly or the changelings might’ve heard him. But that was until he peered at Rarity with her face brightening up.

“Wait a minute… Spike, you’re a genius!” Rarity whispered admirably.

Spike’s cheeks started to grow red, “I am?”

“Pinkie, I am going to give you the element, but don’t let them know you have it. We’ll grab one of these rocks and make it look like it. Then Spike and I will make a run for it while you distract them. Once they notice us and they’re gone, run far away from here as fast as you can. Do you think you’ll handle that?”

“Pfft, of course I will, silly,” Pinkie said as she threw the elements and leap it into her poofy mane, “I even thought of how to get their attention.”

As Pinkie gets up and out of the bush, Rarity and Spike grabbed a nearby rose quartz and crawl towards the path on the other side.

When the changelings saw Pinkie coming out of the bush, they were struck confused. They were certainly right to react that way since she flashed around them like a blur and founded a paper party hat on the top of their heads and streams of confetti suddenly blown at their faces.

“Hello, everypony! Or, heh, changelings in your case,” Pinkie giggled cheerfully, “Sorry if I’m scared you, but you wouldn’t believe how super excited I am to see you today! Especially you’re planning to live here after you take over all of Equestria!”

The changelings peered at each other confused and uncertain as the pink pony goes on.

“I mean, true, with you invading our homes, destroying everything that has to do with harmony and sucking the love out of everypony does put a damper on our relationship—I know I have doubts about that—but I figured if we make ourselves acquitted and throw a super-duper-amazingly-special party that we can all invite, we can make our new life with you guys a ton of fun and easier for everypony!”

Spike and Rarity are near at the end of the bush lines and near the exit as Pinkie distracted them with her sickening cheerful exposure until one heard a snap of a twig and turned to face them. They both saw it and started to gallop.

“Now since we’ll be super-special friends forever, we better start getting acquitted before starting on ideas for the party. Okay, I’ll go first,” Pinkie cleared her throat as she continued, not realizing that the changelings started to turn and chase the pony and dragon, “Hello, I’m Pinkie Pie, the now-removed element of laughter, I was born on a Tuesday on my family’s rock farm— “

Pinkie then took notice that she is alone, “Hey! Come back! What kind of friend leaves another friend behind?!”

A small glow from her mane suddenly reminded Pinkie of her task, “Oh, Right, Right, Right! Duh!” She quickly darted to the other direction undetected while the changelings chased after Rarity and Spike.

The two pair kept on running until they were faced into a dead end. They turned to see the changelings coming closer to them, wickedly chuckling at this hopeless escape.

“Give us the element and you won’t be hurt,” Once changeling said he was getting personally close to the pair, especially Rarity.

Spike blocked his way by throwing his body in front of her, separating her from the changeling, “Hey, back off!”

The creature smirked and scoffed at the dragon, “Think you’re so tough, huh puny?”

Spike’s nostril blew off steam while Rarity put her hoof on his shoulders, “It’s alright, Spike. Here’s your precious element!”

With her magic, she threw the rose quartz at the changeling, knocking him the head. This gave her and Spike enough time to gallop away from them before they realized that the gem was a fake.

Unfortunately, the changelings didn’t take them long and with a hiss, they flew overhead the pair. The changeling who threatened them earlier slammed himself onto Rarity and pinned her hard on the ground. Spike gasped in horror when he saw her being held down.

“SPIKE, RUN!” Rarity screamed as she couldn’t struggle out of his hold.

“That was a smart trick,” The changeling hissed, “Though you didn’t give me what I wanted. Where’s the element?”

He used his strength to pin her harder to the ground, making her squeal in pain.

Spike can feel his blood boil as well as his fiery stomach as he watched this monster forcing her down. Sprinting into action, he jumped and kicked on the changeling’s face, pushing him off of Rarity.

“Why not pick someone your own size?!” Spike exclaimed before he took a deep breath and breathes out a vast blaze of green fire at the changelings.

Almost got scorched by the fire, the changelings fearfully retreated, running further away from the dragon and his damsel in distress. Spike smirked and put his fist on his hips with pride.

“Oh, Spike!” Rarity gaped with astonish, “You saved me from that awful brute! You’re so brave!” She concluded her sentence by giving Spike a peck on the cheek. Spike froze for a second before falling down on the ground with a goofy smile on his face.

“Are you alright?” She asked concerned. He replied with a “uh-huh” with nodding his head slowly.

Then they heard a powerful boom coming from a distance. Rarity turned her head to the direction it came from while Spike snapped out of his lovesick trance.

“We need to get back to Twilight,” Spike stated and Rarity responded to this with a nod. She used her magic to place him on her back before she gallop her way to the mountainside.


Back at the mountainside, Twilight, Discord and Chrysalis were still engaged in their battle. Magic beams launched thru the sky while small blast of chaotic magic flew in almost every direction. Though it seemed that the attack won’t last forever as both the heroes were almost near exhaustion, they still continue to fight on.

Chrysalis had felt trapped by these powerful magic-welders but her stubbornness and pride helped her continue. Still she would need to find a way to disrupt this battle.

“Chrysalis is stronger than I thought,” Twilight grunted as she used another shielding spell to block a beam, “I don’t know how much longer this will last.”

“Oh, I’m not worried about that,” Discord panted, “I still got a lot of chaos left in me. What you should be asking is if she’s has much longer to last.”

“Twilight! Discord!”

The three figures turn their attention to the ground to see Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity and Spike arriving at the scene. Twilight had noticed from afar that neither them had the jewel of kindness with them, or Pinkie Pie for that matter.

“Where’s Pinkie? And where’s the element?” Twilight cried out worried.

This had caught Chrysalis’ attention, and she widened her eyes with terror and confusion.

“You don’t need to worry about it, Twilight!” Spike called back to her, “Pinkie and the element are probably miles away by now, where she,” she pointed to Chrysalis, “and her creepy-crawlies won’t be able to find it!”

As in on cue, Pinkie Pie emerges from the bushes and panted out of exhaustion. She took notice of the group in front of her and their frozen dumbfounded expressions. Chrysalis was the only one that holds an unamused deadpanned face.

“Oops,” was all Pinkie can say when she realizes her mistake.

“Pinkie!” Rarity scolded, “You were supposed run and hide from the changelings!”

“I can’t help it that this forest is already humongously-huge and incredibly-difficult enough for me to get lost in!” Pinkie shrilled in frustration, “I would like to see you escaping through a war zone in something fiftieth the size of a hoofball field!”

Chrysalis sighed under her breath, “This is getting ridiculous-- Drones!”

More changelings suddenly emerge from the bushes, taking the ponies by surprise. Then they all suddenly took the form of the heroes, excluding Discord and Twilight. The real group huddled in close together as the duplicates closes in on them.

“Okay, this is going to be tricky, guys,” Pinkie said, “And kind of neat.”

“We can do this,” Applejack interjected, “Just stay close together and don’t let them take the element!”

The group nodded in unison before they jumped into the group and attack.

“Shall we finish this battle once and for all?” Chrysalis challenged the draconequus and the alicorn as she charged her horn with magic.

“Actually, I got a better question for you,” Discord grinned playfully as he held his hand up, ready to snap his fingers, “Chocolate syrup or caramel?”

He snapped his fingers, summoning a hose in his hand. He quickly pulled the lever and the hose blasted a concoction of chocolate and caramel syrup onto the queen. She was covered all over with the sticky syrup but with a blaze of her horn, the syrup has been demolished and she is wiped clean. She beamed her magic at the draconequus as the battle resumes.

Down below, the battle between the heroes and the duplicates were violent as it was confusing for them. It was very hard for the bearers to point out which copies were the real one or not and every once in a while, one member tags along with one of their own until they find out it was a fake. The only one who wasn’t having a hard time with them was Pinkie, who enjoying one changeling’s transformations.

“Do me! Do me!” Pinkie excitedly requested, making an Applejack duplicate roll his eyes before transforming into a form of Pinkie.

Pinkie looked at the duplicate with a blank stare, “Huh, it’s not as exciting as I thought it should be. I don’t know—maybe it’s the size,” She then poses her side in front of him, “Do I look different to you? Be honest.”

Then a Rainbow duplicate jumped onto Pinkie, knocking off her hooves. Just as she hit the ground, the element flew out of her mane and rolled onto the ground, scattering across the battle field.

The fake Rainbow along with the real one noticed this and both of them raced off to grab the small gem. A cloud of dirt flew around them as they fought, but Rainbow for a split second hold the gem before she threw it away from them, calling out, “Rarity!”

Rarity heard the name it was familiar with and saw that one of the bearers threw the gem towards their direction. She lifted her hooves to catch it, but it was suddenly flew out of her reach as she saw the real Rarity levitating the element with her magic with Spike riding on her back.

“Nice try,” Spike smirked as Rarity galloped further into the battlefield. They stopped as a group of duplicates jumped in, blocking their way.

“Care to get fired up on them?” Rarity asked Spike.

“I was thinking the same thing,” Spike stood up as Rarity ducked her head. He took a deep breath, his chest puffing up and releasing a green inferno onto the duplicates.

Only one ducked under the flames while the others ran away. Rarity flared her horn at her until she exclaimed in her natural southern accent, “Hold your fireworks, it’s me!”

Both Rarity and Spike sighed in relief when they recognized Applejack, who then just noticed the embers burning on her hat and she waved it around to put it out.

Suddenly a changeling jumped in towards them and Applejack kicked her hind legs at them, pushing it away from them.

Rarity hands over the gem to Applejack, “Take it! Run!”

Applejack quickly place the gem back in her hat and ran to the other direction, running through the duplicates while defending her against them.

Overhead, she can see Twilight, Discord and Chrysalis still fighting in the storm-filled sky. Looking at the war zone around her, she knew that the element would not be safe down here. It may not be better giving it to a alicorn and a draconequus who are close to the queen’s eyesight; but with little option left she had no choice. With her tail, she grabbed the element out of her hat as she galloped to the edge of the abyss and near the mountainside.

Up above, Discord was doing every chaotic thing he can think of that little demon bug and Chrysalis felt nearly overpowered. At one point, he started firing red candy rock that explodes dust it hits her.

Thinking quickly, she grabbed a rock through her magic and throw it back at him. He didn’t notice it coming once he has found himself in a red, dusty cloud.

He coughed from all the dust while he waves his paw to clear it away. Then he saw Chrysalis launching towards him through the dust!

Then he stops her by holding his hands out and grabbing her shoulders. He used all his strength to hold her back as she struggles out of her grasp.

This could be his moment. He could end her right here and now in his arms. This is what she deserved for killing Fluttershy. So, with that in his mind, his hands started to glow with such intensity that it started to burn Chrysalis. He kept building the power inside him until he knew he was ready to unleash it onto her.

Twilight and Applejack watched in horror as they both realize what exactly was going to happen next.

But as he was about to let go, he stopped.

He saw Chrysalis held a terrified look on her face as she feels the pain from his burning hands. This made him pause.

You noticed that not once have you hurt anypony like you did in the past?

He can hear the words that Sweetie Belle had said to him not too long ago.

If given the opportunity, if you can rule Equestria again and play your usual tricks to everypony on this land—would you take it?

He thought of it as he stared at Chrysalis who stare back at him with a puzzled frown.

You can’t. You couldn’t do it even if you’re given the chance—because you know Fluttershy wouldn’t want it.

Then his anger started to fade, realizing from that that Sweetie was right--- he wouldn’t take the chance. He learned for a long time that he is much more than a monster he once knew and that there is no need to go back from it now. And as much as the truth of it hurts, he understands that killing her won’t bring Fluttershy back and it wouldn’t make her death more than justified.

He softens his grip on Chrysalis and the glow from his hands faded away. He sighs and look at Chrysalis with an apologetic glance, “I can’t. I know now that I am much better than this.”

Chrysalis stared at him with silent awe. Then slowly, her face changed into a hard frown with an eerie smile, “So am I.”

In a blink of an eye, her horn started bursting electric sparks, which transfers all over her body and rapidly burning Discord’s hands!

“AAAHHHHH!” he yelled in pain, making Twilight and Applejack gasped in shock.

Chrysalis push Discord off her before attempting to blast a beam at him. Twilight quickly blast her magic to block the beam away from him. Even though she had taken down one opponent, she still had a lot of work getting rid of the last one.

He grunted in pain as he sees his hand are charred and burned from Chrysalis’ attack. He even found that he couldn’t snap his fingers! Without his magic, he had no way to protect himself and fight her. He started to panic inside, What am I going to do?

Realizing the opportunity, Applejack called up to him, “Discord!”

He snapped his head down as he heard Applejack’s voice down below.

She spins her tail around, hard and fast, before she can throw the gem up, “CATCH!”

After spotting what she threw and acting quick on his wings, he dashed down where the element was flying up.

Unfortunately, Chrysalis saw this as she protected herself from Twilight. Seeing this as her last chance, she threw down a powerful beam, nearly glazing through Twilight’s shoulders.

Just as soon as he was close to grabbing the element in his hand, Discord was suddenly struck in the back with Chrysalis’s blast!

Twilight’s and the bearers’ battles stopped as they heard Discord’s scream and they stare and gasped in shock.

Unable to control his gravity and function his wings, Discord fell down towards the abyss. Then he grabbed hold of a mountain ledge and pulled himself up onto it. He looked down his hands and sighed in relief to see the element of kindness resting on it.

Then he suddenly remembered the last time the elements were used against him. And frowned in confusion. Why isn’t this element harming him now like in the past? Shouldn’t he be in stone as soon as he touched it?

Then he noticed the element’s pulsing light. It still had its dull grey appearance, but it’s now shown a little color than it did before. Not only that but the light pulse and the vibrating rhythm started to thump like the beating of a heart; almost like it was nearly alive. Then he suddenly felt no pain in his burned hands as it rested in them. Instead of feeling fear like he expected it to, he felt its presence strange and warm. And yet…. Very familiar.

The ponies watched Discord with the element with awe; as they find it odd that it didn’t seem to hurt him like the elements did in the past.

Chrysalis, on the other hoof, felt rage and frustration burning within her. She was starting to get sick of all this pointless, futile battle. If none of her drones are able to fetch the element and destroy it, then she’ll finish the job herself!

She started swoop down towards Discord but then she felt being pulled back. It was then Twilight used a paralyzing spell on her and brought her to herself using her magic.

She looked at Chrysalis with a soft, sympathetic look while she frowned back at her and struggled against her hold on her.

“Queen Chrysalis,” Twilight pleaded to her, “I am giving you one more chance to reconsider. I know that you and your subjects can be accepted in Equestria; we can help you. And hopefully in time, we can be friends.”

Chrysalis stood still on the last sentence. Echoes of Celestia’s voice came to her mind to when she had said those words to her mother before she was murdered in cold blood. This and looking at the peaceful princess before her made her rage rise once again.

Sealing her fate, she hissed in reply for her enemy’s plea, “I rather die.”

In a split moment of rush, Chrysalis used her magic to break free from Twilight’s hold and blast a shot hitting on her horn! Twilight cried out in pain as she was thrown into the air. Looking up her now blackened horn and green electric sparks fizzing around it; she found that she is unable to use her magic now!

Satisfied of her work, she snapped her head down to where Discord and the element lied on the mountainside. She called out to her victims with a wrathful roar, “I had enough! It’s time to say goodbye!”

Discord gasped as he saw the enraged queen zooming towards him. Without his magic and his wings, he is unable to save himself! He held the element close to his chest in one hand and his other arm fold cross his chest in a protective matter. He closes his eyes tight, waiting for the final blow that will end him.

A pink burst of light shone brightly and its force knocked Chrysalis away from Discord before she came an inch towards him.

Regaining her balance, she looked down in confusion and saw that pink glow was surrounding Discord, “What?!”

Twilight, the bearers and the changelings had the same reaction as they gaped at Discord.

He opened his eyes, gasping in confusion of what just happened. Then he felt the warmth in his paw. He opened it to see that the element of kindness was glowing in a vibrant light pink; suddenly removed of all hues of grey. His hands that were once burned and black was slowly healing itself and he felt his back feeling anew as he noticed his wings were mending.

Twilight also felt the same sensation as her horn was healing as well.

Chrysalis snapped out of her confusion and awe and she zoomed down to attack him again. But once she got close, the element shone again and Chrysalis has been caught in a pink aura, paralyzing her of any movement.

The element floated slightly out of Discord’s paw and glow even brighter. The ponies and the changelings awe in shock as the weak dimming gem was suddenly blossomed with power as if it has come alive. Its magic burst forth in a form of light pink opaque sphere that extended outward throughout the land.

The ponies hide their eyes from the light while the changelings, excluding Chrysalis, were pushed by the sphere’s force. They along with the armies that invaded parts of Equestria were driven away into the distance and out of the land for good.

However, Chrysalis weren’t sent away from the land like her changelings did. Instead, she was still suspended in the air and stuck within the pink and suddenly felt a stiff sensation of her hoof.

It all came to Discord and the ponies’ attention that the element’s magic was turning Chrysalis into stone!

Chrysalis tried her best to struggle, but found it to be hopeless as her limb and body has been paralyzed and harden. She watched in horror as it slowly reaches up to her neck and she let out a wrathful scream. Finally, the stone reached up to her face, silencing her voice and her rage was etched on the stone’s features.

As the light dies down, Discord and the others stared in shock what Chrysalis had become. Then the magic from the elements fades and it returned to the greyish-pink, dimly lighted gem it was before.

Finally, the stone stature of Chrysalis, that was now free from the magic’s hold, fell down into the abyss below, where a shattering noise was heard not long after it disappeared into the darkness.

The ponies stood there stunned with a light rain and thunder resonated in the air, indicating the storm was clearing.

“Okay,” Rainbow Dash uttered loudly, “What just happened?”

Unfortunately, no one was able to respond to that question. Never has it been that an element that hasn’t been connected to its bearer has been able to perform any form of magic by itself, nor has it been recorded or experienced by the princesses or bearers.Plus, it was noticed that the element wasn’t hurting Discord by the time he held it. So many questions were rushing through their heads, making them feel confusion and uncertain.

“I… guess we won?” Pinkie stated before a smile grew on her face and she giggled, “Hey…. Guys. We did it—we save Equestria!

Pinkie was right. Though despite its confusion, it was clearly that this sudden outcome was a miracle, and Equestria was now safe. So, they can’t help it to admit that they were glad that it happened.In a matter of seconds, the ponies were cheering, laughing with an enthusiastic air and they all group hugged as a reward for all the trials and struggle of this day.

Twilight looked upon her friends with a sense of gratitude. She was indeed happy that all of this was settled and back to normal. Though she can’t help but feel confused about the element earlier. She would probably plan to find answers for it once she gets back to the castle.

She turned her head to Discord, who rested exactly where he was. He grinned at the victory but for a moment his smile disappeared and he glanced down to see the element still in his hand.

It was then that Twilight realized that they were forgetting somepony and that everything has been saved.

The girls and Spike looked up to Twilight and Discord, hoping they’d share this victory. But one glance between the two of them only brought them back to reality.


It is night in Canterlot and the dark room was alit with soft, dimming candles glowing on the palace columns. A white bed lined with laces was set in the middle of the room, where Fluttershy lies upon it peacefully still.

Twilight and the others had returned back to Zecora’s place after the battle has been resolved. Once they arrived, the fillies were crying uncontrollably and Zecora hung her head solemnly.

The princesses had regained consciousness and realized then that the element was gone. They were about to take action until they saw Twilight and the others along with guests arriving at the castle gates. They were concerned about the yellow and pink mare that Discord was carrying in his arms. But once Twilight had taken the time to explain all that she can, they understood who she was.

As they escorted her inside the castle, Discord stayed behind and he slowly gave them back the element of kindness that was kept safe and sound. To say the least, they were touched that him, of all creatures, with come up to them with the humility they’d never seen. It was from that they were convinced that he was genuinely changed.

Up to this moment, the princess had arranged a personal funeral especially made for Twilight and the bearers along with those who she’d touched. All of them including Zecora and the CMC were gathered around the bed to share their sorrow and their tears.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle grab hold of their sisters to cry upon their shoulders while they rubbed their backs for comfort. Babs Seed would’ve joined Apple Bloom, but Diamond Tiara thought she would give her comfort since she had no one else with her, so Babs gladly hug her while let out a few sniffles. Like Diamond, Scootaloo had no one to cling onto and had cried alone on the floor for a while. Luckily Rainbow noticed her loneliness and put her wing around her, in hope that this would help.

Twilight had felt regret as she stood there tearfully. She wished that she would’ve known this sooner, than she would’ve have prevented this from happening. If she would’ve had listened or acted sooner…. No, she would have no way of knowing. She knew if things would’ve done differently, she probably wouldn’t save her friend from the queen’s grasp. She hung her head and her tears remained flowing lightly on her cheek.

It was true that all of them were devastated for this loss, but none of them were as heartbroken as Discord.

He was the only one not present in the room for he was sitting on the rooftop in the rain along with the woodland animals that were on the garden grounds, staring into the window where the service took place.

Even if he wanted to, he couldn’t bear to be in that room. He knew he will break down even further from the sight of her frozen stiff form. It was even hard for him escorting her from Zecora’s hut to the Canterlot Castle. From that trip, he had felt her soft fur gone rough and cold, her hair losing its softness and unkept. Her heart stood still. He was breaking down inside and he didn’t want to show it.

It was only now in the rain and the sounds of an organ playing from inside that he let go of his tears and allow his heart to be broken. He didn’t care if he was getting wet or that anypony can see him from afar. Right now, he was only thinking of her. Of how he wishes it would be or it could’ve been. How he was so close to her and yet so far. Of how because of everything he had done and what he had caused, he had lost her forever.

Author's Note:

Once again, I am not so good at writing action scene, though I did try for the story’s sake.

To those that are confused about the resolution (the element defeating Chrysalis and saving Discord), it will be explained in the next chapter. I wish I can tell you better than that, but other than that I best I can tell you is to read that paragraph with Discord and the element again very closely.

Before you ask, no, I am not a Sparity shipper. I do kind of see them as a ‘child having a crush on a babysitter’/‘elementary-school crush’ kind of relationship, though I can’t deny that they have some really sweet moments in the show and some fan works that I see online.

I made some artwork that were inspired by this chapter in my deviantart. Here's the link here and here

EDITED- 1/9/2018
I want to start a side project where I would take time to correct some grammar errors that I'd made and add/revise a few details just for the sake of the story.