• Published 12th Aug 2017
  • 921 Views, 50 Comments

Avatar: Legend of Diamond Tiara. Book 3: Tirek - Jeweled Pen



Diamond's greatest challenge has come, with three new powerful benders aiding Meadowbrook, can she hope to defeat the villain she only narrowly defeated before? With some help from the past, there may be hope.

  • ...
1
 50
 921

Epilogue: Her destiny

“Ugh...” Rainbow groaned, half-limping, half-flying back to where the ship hovered above the forest, a beacon of where the others should be.

“Hey… Rainbow,” Applejack said with a groan, giving a small, exhausted smile to the other mare. “Took your time, huh? How’d yah do? Where’s Shining?” She then blinked. “Wait. Where’s Scootaloo?”

“Shining is… dealt with,” Rainbow mumbled. “Wait. Scootaloo isn’t back yet? Eh… she’ll be back soon. Probably going to be pissed at me. Where’s Hothoof? And what about him?” she asked, pointing a hoof towards Dazzling, who was tied up to a tree.

“He’s dealt with,” Rarity said with a shake of her head. “He won’t give us any more trouble.”

“Hothoof offed himself,” Applebloom said with a sigh. “Almost got us, too.” She motioned to the leg Sweetie was currently bandaging up.

“Silver’s gone on ahead, we think,” Sweetie said with a sigh. Even with the rest, she could still feel the poison in her veins, hindering her and making even wrapping a bandage difficult. “We should go after her as soon as Scootaloo gets here. Even if we’re beat up, we may be able to tip the scales in--”

“That won’t be necessary,” Silver’s voice came out from the trees, making the ponies turn around. “Everything is done, we’ve won. But...” The earth pony was carrying an unconscious Diamond across her back.

“What?” Rarity said, her mouth open in horror. “Her… her cutie mark. It’s… Meadowbrook, did she?”

Silver didn’t answer, moving and gently laying the now bare-flanked pony on the ground. The other ponies moved to surround her.

Once they were together, she shook her head. “No. It wasn’t her. It was me.” Her eyes glowed purple and the alicorn amulet appeared around her throat. Applejack and Rainbow turned, the former lifting a hoof and the right moving a wing back. But their wounds slowed them too much. The gathered ponies were enveloped in dark, purple magic before they could act.

When they fell, their screams echoing through the air, Silver stared. “Five of the world’s most powerful benders… now all blank flanks,” she mumbled softly, shaking her head. She glanced towards the bound up Dazzling, who was missing his mark as well. “Six, I suppose. I’m sorry… but now nopony can stand in my way,” she whispered, before turning and trotting back into the woods.

Music filled the air once again. “Because… I’m the bad guy.”

Author's Note:

And so ends the third book. Tirek is gone, Diamond's mark is gone. Silver has given in to what she believes is her destiny. And now...

Now I want to create. Accordingly, book four has something very, very special about it. Primarily, that I am actually starting it TODAY! That's right, rather than my normal 'I'll be rotating to another project for a bit then coming back' style, I actually finished Twilight Glow's season already. And, while I had intended to take some time off from fanfiction writing and work on an original work... the fact of the matter is, I love all of you guys and you all give me so much motivation to work. As such, I'll be working on the Avatar series while working on original works. The fourth book in Diamond Tiara's saga, the culmination of everything Silver and Diamond have been charging towards and the final book(likely) in the avatar series, the series that started me writing... will start soon.

I hope you look forward to it. And for those worried about where it will go, well.... All I can ask is that you trust me.

And, as a small little blurb at the end. For those interested, please hop into my discord and remember I have both a patreon and am doing commissions, feel free to let me know if there's any story you'd like me to tell. And stay tuned, as book eight of the full Avatar saga starts now!

Edit: Okay, I realized something after discussing it with my editor and some comments. Book 4 requires even more than I though. So, while the idea is to start it, fully, truly start it either next week or the week after, I have a TON of work to do and am in the midst of redrawing the entire outline for it. A lot of stuff has changed since I originally wrote it, and there's so, so much more stuff to fit in, now. So there will be a brief delay, but the story should be even better than before. So woo!