• Published 14th Jun 2016
  • 389 Views, 25 Comments

MLP: Doomed Future - emoshyplz



King Sombra has taken over Equestria... can a group of vastly different souls save their home from destruction?

  • ...
4
 25
 389

Chapter 0: Prologue

The night was still crisp with the pungent and overwhelming scent of fresh smoke and ash, as well as hints of drying blood among it all. What lay in sight would be the decrepit view of what was once Ponyville. The air was heavy, and the sky was blanketed with aforementioned smoke flowing about. Though not visible, the night's star would be arisen, its coolness piercing through the black fog. Around the tragic scene were many ponies strewn about the ground, only a hooffull still breathing. There also stood four that were fending off Sombra's soldiers from bringing their beloved town to complete turmoil. They each carried weapons to match their style, - excluding one, whom would be hidden behind obstacles that would protect the said pony - some being operated via magic like a gun in the "human" world.

Each were very distinctly different from one another. None bared any resemblance in the slightest way. The heavy rain of magic bolts flew through the air, the dark aura sounding in the ears of the ponies who were in combat with the enslaved minds of Sombra's crystal soldiers. The soldiers' armor bore their glow even in the midst of minimal lighting, especially their retinal area, with the bright green that matched the mystical magic of King Sombra in retrospect. Though the soldiers fought, the pony truly there hadn't wished to fight, but their attempts to stop were undoubtedly futile, their actions completely overruled by the mind of the mask. The crashing of bolts around all ponies, soldier or not, shook the ash-tainted roads and utterly demolished homes. Town Hall was tattered the most, to the point it had no longer existed, like it was never there to begin with. The boutique Rarity ran and owned was burning still, the scent of perfume clinging to the smoke emitting from the tragic sight, like a mare and stallion desperately in love, dancing through the night, fates intertwined. The fire crackled and spit its fury about in the form of small pieces of its scorching body. It flailed about in a fit of fury, lashing out at all that was surrounding it.

Off in the distance, barely viewable from the pony's positions, Sweet Apple Acres and all of its trees were set ablaze with no mercy. Every last tree bared the flame, and the Apple Family's barn - and more importantly, home - was not excepted from this cruel end of days. Everything the Apple Family worked for was burning to smithereens, the crashing being audible from what seemed like all of the world. Apples splatted on the ground, trees succumbing to the doom they soon had to face, becoming unrooted and falling on the remains of their once beautiful leaves. And in one short second, the bell took its last possible ding. The only building unscathed was Twilight Sparkle's castle, but even it was not safe from all the destruction, it being lit at the very moment that these words are spoken.

"Celestia dammit, they won't just die!" one of the ponies growled, sounding feminine but very aggressive and experienced. The pony was indeed a mare, and had a weapon scaling monstrously against all the others around hers. It was soaked in the same red seen in much thicker blood, the pony's thin hooves and legs being mere shades from her weapon's. Her hair was gray, and soaked in ash from the burning remanescense around her, her eyes sparkling gold like the golden silk that she wore around her head like a small band. She bore wings, keeping them closed during the transpiring predicament.

"We have to keep on pushing, don't let these bastards catch you off guard!" another called, sounding more than stallion-like. He carried a less bulky firearm, instead having one that resembled a human rifle, scope attached and all. It was plated with smooth steel, and reflected the fire surrounding them. His coat was barely acknowledgable in the steeped blackness of the night, being a dark violet, his mane being a charcoal black outlined with smooth yellow, and his eyes resembling diamonds, reflecting beauty like the ring of a proposal ring. He stayed as still as was ponily manageable, aiming carefully at a spot revealed under the necks of the helmets all the soldiers were equipped with. He was lacking muscle for a stallion, and carried his weapon with novice magic.

There was another whom had not been speaking or letting out a single, solitary sound. Just the figure of this pony was enough to tell it was a mare. She had little muscle, but carried her firearm with ease. She was equipped with a simple bow, which propelled arrows in such a convoluted fashion it was as if watching the twirling of a ballerina. Arrows spun, their heads of glow breezing through the air. Her coat carried resemblance with the color of the clear ocean under the moonlight, being a dark blue riddled with patches of lighter shades, which rippled about her. Her mane was hidden away in the cloak she'd be accessorized in, blending with the artificial night the wake of destruction had been creating. Her eyes shone gray, like opals or silver glittering on the bands of the greatest dresses under a peaceful light. She seemed distant from a pegasus and hadn't any horn, being anything but bulkier than the others when comparing them.

Only one more remained, and out of sight. This pony stayed close to the one basked in red, looking off into the unseeable distance. She glowed a sky blue in the darkness and red light of the flames. They shook and whimpered, voice indicating a mare. She was covered in many bandages, all containing blood soaking up to the roof of the bandange roofing the rest. Her mane was even brighter than her coat, being a light gold, pertaining to the color and texture - excluding the intruding ash - as Princess Celestia's tiara. She held no weapons, nor seemed to be carring any on her. Her eyes carried the burden of blindness, a fog running through the irises of her sunset orange eyes. Though she had wings that marked her as a pegasus, she could not fly if she could not see.

Several minutes of unending warfare finally ceased when the soldiers had begun to retreat. The heavy sound of their hoofsteps echoed with their metallic sound. One by one, they all began to run, ensuring that their craftings were not left behind. The battle was over, the battle only beginning...

"Look what they did to everything..." one of the four sobbed, aggrivation intruding into her tone. Tears formed in her clamped eyes. "I'll make those bastards pay for doing this!"

"We'll have to wait just a little bit, Bloodbound... we're still taking care of Blind Eye."

"I-I don't want to d-die..." the overwhelmed voice of Blind Eye uttered, sounding shaky even from great distance. "Don't l-let me die, please, C-Celestia..."

"...I know its your name, Silent Storm, but you have to talk some time..." No response. The mare of dark blue shot him a serious glance; she spoke with expressions rather than with words.

"You know as well as I do that she won't, Ecliptic Night."

"It's worth a try..."

The three who could see gazed at each other, nodding, looking at what they were surrounded by. They all shared a single thought: King Sombra will pay for all that he has done...

My Little Pony: Doomed Future.

Author's Note:

I made a quick 2-letter edit to ΒΆ5.