• Published 10th Jun 2016
  • 3,062 Views, 85 Comments

Halo: Equestria - shenadri

  • ...
10
 85
 3,062

Crash landings are my specialty

UNSC Harmony, above Equestrian airspace

"WHAT?!"

"Here we go... Again" Seed said, looking towards Applejack, however, she stopped when she noticed that the apple farmer wasn't in a better mood than the princess.

"DUSK, RUN THAT AGAIN PLEASE, ARE YOU SAYING THAT THERE IS NO TRACE OF MANEHATTAN, I JUST UPDATED YOU WITH THE MAPS OF EQUESTRIA THAT I COULD PULL OUT OF THE LIBRARY" Twilight yelled, clenching her fists.

"Yes ma'am!" Dusk practically jumped out the console, fidgeting with his thumbs, "A-apparently there was a fire recently on the city, also the geotermical cameras outside the harmony are picking up a major force of unknowns marching towards one settlement in the north, and another one going to the center of the country, I estimate ToA to be in 4 hours.

"To wich settlement?" Twilight asked, her voice hollow.

"Canterlot."

"Applejack, gear up, we are going to Canterlot!"

"Yes ma'am," the ex-farmer asked, pumping up one shotgun and placing it on the magnetic holster on her back, "negociations or hostile engagement?"

"IDK, Cowgirl but still, gear up for combat, as a precaution," the princess answered, turning around, she faced her AI, "Dusk, no tactical warheads or major support, you are staying in orbit, however, please give us ground data through Seed, is that clear?" while talking, she picked up her helmet and fastened on her face, sealing her suit, after a moment, her HUD lighted up, giving her all the info she needed, meanwhile both spartans were walking towards the hangar, the enormous bay lighting up and coming to life.

"So, we're back, but you can't keep your promises, princess," Applejack said out of the blue, making the alicorn of magic stop dead in her tracks.

"What do you mean, Cowgirl," Twilight said, only to avoid a armor fist to her face, meanwhile, Applejack was turning around, reading one of her patented kicks.

"LOCKDOWN" the purple spartan bellowed, lifting her arm and pointing to the other equine, yellow sparks suddendly began to pop up from the farmer's suit, effectively rendering the amazing piece of machinery useless.

"YOU PROMISED, WARLOCK," Applejack bellowed, "YOU SAID TO ME THAT NO MORE WAR WHEN WE GOT HOME, NOW WE ARE READYING OURSELVES TO GOING OUT AGAIN, SO WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE NOW, PRINCESS?!!"

"CALM DOWN, OR ILL SHOCK YOU APPLEJACK" Twilight answered, "Yes, I know that i said that to you, but now we need to know what has happened on these 17 years that we were out of here, also, you don't trust me?" The princess said, looking down to her friend, "besides, we are going geared up because we have seen so much shit on the human-covenant war that I dont want to go unprepared never again" she continued, inadvertently passing her hand through her armor's helmet, as if remembering some old scar, Applejack's fury diminishing when she looked to the purple librarian.

"Shucks sugarcube, sorry, now can you release me?" the now appalled farmer said, nodding her head, Twilight lifted up her hand once more.

"Release"

"Now cowgirl, load up one of the pelicans, and latch one warthog with light machine gun turret for support, I don't want any surprises" the princess commanded, while the farmer went to do that, the princess headed up for the armory, after a while she came back, lifting up one of the weapon racks that were inside on each arm, the farmer wistled, while Twilight, a blush concealed thanks to the heavy armor, loaded the deadly payload inside the machine

"Don't do that Applejack," The princess said, looking over her shoulder to the farmer, "you know that all of this is possible due to our implants and the help of the Mjolnir armor no?" when the farmer nodded, she climbed up the flying machine, "anyhow, all is ready?"

"Yes ma'am, just give me some space to get to the cockpit and ill-" the farmer was interrupted when a armored hand was on her face.

"Nope, ill drive today"

Applejack nodded stiffly, then went to one of the side seats of the ship and strappled herself to the seat, gaining a bemused glare from her partner.

"What?"

"Five sabers, Three pelicans, one broadsword..." the farmer muttered, smirking behing her helmet.

"HEY, THE BROADSWORD WASN'T MY FAULT!" the princess snapped back.

Over the neighagara mountain range, 45 minutes later

Swift Wing was one of the last guards on the night shift, after the destruction of Manehattan, he personally had taken the rear of the fleeing refugees, also he was trying to keep tabs on the pursuers, after they scaped the city, one contingent of heavily armed griffons and two contingents of changeling spellweavers had come after the fleeing ponies, they so far had been lucky, but their luck was diminishing, one of the spell weavers had traced all the refugees, so all fo the now tired ponies couldn't stop, and Swift Wing was concerned, a lot of ponies were on risk, and by Celestia's sun that he was going to defend them, even if he doesnt made it back to the capital.

"hey LT," one of the rookies said, pulling the old veteran from his musings, "check that out!" the soldier said, pointing with the tip of his spear to one falling star that was approaching at a fast pace... wait a second, the stallion thought, his eyes widening, before he sprang out, scaring one of the elders that was on the rear

"EVERYPONY, PLEASE TRY TO PUSH FOWARD, SCOUT, BLAZE, GUIDE THEM, THE OTHER GUARDS, WITH ME!" The pegasus bellowed, taking air, all the civvies began again to trot, while the remaining soldiers of the rescue mission went to the back, trying to organize themselves, however, before they could do anything, several spells were fired at the strange flying object, one of its sides exploding and sending the strange bird to land.

"What was that, cap?" one of the soldiers said, after a while.

"Honestly rookie" the veteran answered," I have no bucking idea."

Crash site, 20 minutes later

The first thing Applejack saw when she recovered conciousness, was that she was sideways, one of the weapon racks that Twilight had 'packed' over her, 'Okay, made it FOUR Pelicans' the apple farmer thought, bringing out a 22" combat knife that was on her shoulder from its sheath, she began to cut out the harnesses, then with an allmighty pull, she released herself from the debris, bringing herself up, she encountered herself with a black figure standing near the edge of the crater.

"Damn it all," the farmer said, "WARLOCK, WE HAVE COMPANY"

"Alert the company, we have host-" whatever the bug were to say, was muttered when the armored pony lodged some shotgun shells on its face, chitin and green ichor splashing the ground, then, sprinting towards the nose of the downed bird, Applejack was taken back when she discovered Twilight, half buried on the sand, kicking her legs and trying to get out, glass shards and twisted metal all around the purple spartan.

"Seed, please take a picture, or record a video, I am SO going to send this to Gipsy company back when we got comms" Applejack says, while chuckling, then, changing her shotgun from hand, she grabbed Twilight's leg, and yanked her out of the sand.

"What have we learned today, Warlock?" the farmer asked mockingly.

"To wear the damn seatbelt, also to dislodge all the cargo from a sunking ship" came the muffled reply.

"Atta girl, now pack it up, we need to move, there could be reinforcements..."

"HALT!!!"

"Incoming..." Applejack sighed, "Why a girl can't get a 'welcome back' party without having to shot somebody?"