• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 1,655 Views, 19 Comments

Queen Hysteria: The Fallen Star - SuperCyclone



Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment. -Mahatma Gandhi

  • ...
8
 19
 1,655

Hysteria

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.

-Edmund Burke

The sky was painted with clouds as a cyan pegasus walked along a grassy hill. The pegasus breathed the cold air and was getting ready to fly off when she heard somepony calling her name.

"Rainbow Dash! Wait!"

The pegasus turned to see her friend Starlight running towards her.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going to Canterlot to meet Twilight. I just thought it be nice to visit her since she's been through a lot of stress," responded Rainbow Dash.

"Sorry, Rainbow. I'm just worried about what's going on lately. You know, because of the Changelings."

"Yeah, but I know Twilight will be happy to see me. Plus I want to see if there is a new Daring Do book over there."

Starlight simply laughed, "Okay. Just be safe. And when you come back, tell us how Twilight is doing."

Rainbow saluted and started hovering above the air with her wings, "Will do! See ya later!"

Rainbow then bolted towards Canterlot with amazing speed.

"Starlight. Starlight?! Starlight!"

Present Day...

"Starlight!"

The unicorn awoke from her dream, startled. She looked around and saw Applejack and the rest of her friends each tied up to the ground with chains.

"What's going on, Applejack?!" Starlight asked trying to get the chains off of her using her magic.

"You tell me!" Applejack said as she tried to wiggle herself out as well.

Discord tried using his chaotic powers to get out but he couldn't even use them!

"This is insane! I can't use my chaos to get out, either!"

Starlight noticed that each of the chains glowed a supernatural red.

"They must be enchanted," Starlight said finally realizing the situation. "What happened to you guys? How did you get here?"

On the far left Fluttershy was in a river tears as she tried to explain her situation, "I was with Spike trying to find Discord when my mouth was suddenly covered by Spike. He told me that he was sorry and knocked me unconscious!"

The others gasped at this as Cheese Sandwich explained Pinkie and his situation, "We were being led by the guards when we were ambushed and captured. They knocked us out as well!"

Rarity sighed, "It seems that we've all faced the same fate. But what I don't understand is why Twilight could do something like this."

To their surprise the door opened, shedding light into the dark-cold room. The terrified ponies watched in horror as their closest friend stepped into the room along with Spike and Flash. The queen hummed to herself as she turned on the few lights in the room. Starlight then knew where she was bound to, a dungeon.

"Hello, glad to see your all awake. I want to get started as soon as possible."

Starlight was filled with rage and fury and yelled at her former friend, "Twilight! What's going on?! Why are we in this cell?!"

The queen's smile faded, "Listen, Starlight! I didn't want to do this! Believe me! But you didn't want to help me! So the next option was by force! Power! Fear!"

"Please, Twilight!" Fluttershy cried out in tears, "Let us go! Please! Why are you doing this?!"

Twilight sighed as she stared at her friends, one at a time.

"That's right, you don't know. Well you see, ten years ago the Canterlot Incident had left a scar in all of us. We lost many loved ones, Celestia, Luna, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Night Light, and...Rainbow Dash. Chrysalis took them all away from me...so I took her life."

The others all gasped and cried out, "What?!"

"You heard me!" Twilight said with tears in her eyes. She started breathing heavily as she continued her dark story. "I killed her and the rest of her Changelings! What other reason is for their disappearance?! Huh?! I had the power to do it, I merely saved all of Equestria! Ever since then, I have realized what I've done, I know what to do because of this jewel of beautiful power!"

The queen pointed at the crimson-red crystal on her chest. The frightened friends stared at the dark-supernatural crystal as it shone brighter than the light illuminating the room.

"With this crystal I will be able to change Equestria back to the way it should've been! Dictatorship! And not only that, I will be able to bring her back. Soon Rainbow Dash will be with us! But I need your help."

"What do you possibly want with us?!" Applejack said as Twilight took a deep breath.

"I need you, the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, to help me gain the power to bring Rainbow Dash back! In addition I will gain total domination over Equestria! Isn't it marvelous?!" The queen said now smiling.

Starlight had an angry look on her face and yelled, "You're insane!"

"Well of course! What else is new?" The queen simply responded, still smiling.

Starlight was not to happy with Twilight's response, "Do you really think we're going to help you?! Look at the situation we're in! Besides, you're using dark magic! Evil magic! And you're planning to rule over Equestria by giving fear into the hearts of ponies?!"

"It is the perfect way to rule! You know what they say, ponies will obey when they don't have a say."

Applejack shook her head, "Who in the hay says that?!"

Twilight shrugged, "I don't know, but I guess I'm the first! Hehe. But enough dilly dallying, I must prepare the final component of my spell before I release you! I wouldn't want to waste time, poneys Adieu et bonjour de Rainbow Dash!"

Twilight left laughing her head off while her friends tried to escape the grasp of the mighty chains that bound them to the ground. Before Twilight closed the door she turned to Starlight and smiled evily, "By the way, it's Hysteria. Queen Hysteria."

The queen then closed the door as Spike stood by it, guarding, not letting anypony get through. Starlight's eyes started watering as she fell to the floor, what were they to do now?

Author's Note:

Hey guys and gals! I'm really sorry for not updating the story in about a week. I got sidetracked and forgot. XD But hopefully I'll update somewhere this week again. So it appears that Starlight and her friends seem helpless, what are they going to do now? You'll have to find out next time! Also be sure to like this story, track it, or leave a comment of you have not done so and I'll talk to you all later! -SC