• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 1,640 Views, 19 Comments

Queen Hysteria: The Fallen Star - SuperCyclone



Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment. -Mahatma Gandhi

  • ...
8
 19
 1,640

Things Have Changed

The Love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege. -Charles Kuralt

Have you ever looked up at the night sky when the beautiful stars come out showing their glory? Have you ever wondered about the star's history that lies before you? Well, there is one star in the night sky that shines brighter than any other star known to exist. Many call it Sirius A, others call it the "Dog Star", but to those who live in Equestria it is know as the Fallen Star; a beautiful speck of light with such a sad history. Oh, have you never heard of Queen Hysteria? Well then, I must tell you the tragic story of Queen Hysteria: The Fallen Star. And our story begins...in Ponyville.

It was a beautiful day today, the sun shone across the wondrous land that is Equestria. Equestria was a magnificent land filled with many different species of pony. There were the Pegasi; fast and slick fliers that ruled the sky with their mighty wings. The Unicorns with their powerful magic and intelligence, and let's not forget the Earth Ponies: strong and fast on the land. And of course the Alicorns: a combination of the three, except with power beyond anything you could even imagine! It was a peaceful land. But there was a little village in Equestria that stood out the most: Ponyville. Why you ask? Because it was the home for Equestria's Queen: Hysteria.

"What's going on, Flash?"

An orange Pegasus turned to one of the guards. Flash Sentry and the thousands of guards in Queen Hysteria's kingdom protected her from any danger that lurked.

"I'm not sure, but all I know is that the queen wants to meet with all of the guards. I suggest that you go with the army, I'm just here waiting for Twi-Hysteria,"Flash said quickly correcting himself.

"I'm just asking because this is very unusual. The queen has not been so social ever since-"

"What is going on here?"

The two guards turned to see their ruler: Queen Hysteria. Her fur was lavender and she wore a gold brace around her neck with a star on it. Her crown was also gold and had a star on it and she wore a dress of beautiful purple silk.

"I'm sorry your Highness. I was just wondering-"

"Silence!" The Queen interrupted him, "There is NO wondering! Only doing. Now go with the rest of the army and await orders."

The shaken guard bowed respectively and quickly left the hall. The queen walked towards Flash and sighed. Flash saw sadness in her eyes,"Your Highness, permission to speak?"

"You may."

"Your Highness, I see that something is bothering you. If you don't mind me asking, is it something you want to share?"

The queen smiled and put a hoof on his shoulder, "I appreciate you looking out for me, Flash; just like a captain's supposed to. But I am fine and capable of solving my own problems. Now come, we must meet with the army immediately. Wait. Where is-"

"I'm here!"

The two turned to see a teenage dragon with lavender skin walking towards them. He was the same height as the queen now and had a deep but young voice.

"Sorry I'm late," the dragon said, "but I'm here."

"That is alright, Spike. Now, we must go."

The two followed the queen to a podium and saw the army at the bottom. At once they all bowed before the queen. The queen cleared her throat and began to speak, "Rise my army, for I have a decree. As of today . . . I am opening the gates to my castle again."

The army looked at her with complete shock. They all whispered to each other with confused looks and the queen raised her hoof for silence, "But, no pony will enter . . . except the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. They will be allowed to bring one pony of their choice as well."

They all gasped, even Spike was surprised. He hadn't seen his friends in ten whole years. He remembered what happened ten years ago, it was a sad day for Equestria. The queen continued, "I see you are all in a state of shock, I understand. Ten years really is a long time. But I want to see the Elements of Harmony once again. So I need this entire army to put up my decree all over Equestria. Thank you. Flash, I want you to help spread the word and Spike, I'll need you to go and prepare for when they come."

The two nodded and left Hysteria on her own. She trotted to her room, closed the door behind her, took her crown off and placed it on a podium that had a pillow on it. She walked towards her mirror and let out a deep breath of exasperation. Her head ached as she rubbed it slowly. Slowly her head rose and she saw herself on the mirror; a small grin was seen on her face as she quietly sung to herself a short poem:

"No more rhythm, no more rhyme
Out of step and out of time
The planets in their orbits falter
Our destiny we fail to alter
Moving on towards the end
Still we do not comprehend
That through the earth's contamination
We'll set our own extermination
No more hope and no more light
Through the darkness of the night
The sun in all her glory waning
The stars as burnt-out beacons fading
On and further on we go
Dark and darker yet to grow
The pathway to obliteration
And then complete annihilation"

Ponyville

It was a nice hot day at Ponyville and a very busy day for the ponies at the market. They were selling many things and gaining lots of bits from the sells they made. There was a pony who was selling apples with a smile across her face. A pony then came up to her booth and greeted the young teenaged-earth pony.

"Why hello there, Apple Bloom. How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you, Bon Bon?"

"Well. I'm here to pick up some Apples for Lyra. She insists that we make a hand out of apples."

Apple Bloom was confused, "Hand?"

Bon Bon shook her head, "I'm just as confused as you are. But you know, that's Lyra."

Apple Bloom chuckled and gave her friend a bag of apples.

"Thank you, Apple Bloom. How much?"

"Four bits please. I'll give you a discount because you made me laugh."

Bon Bon chuckled and gave her the bits, "Thank you, Apple Bloom. Hey, what's going on over there?"

Apple Bloom looked at where she was staring and saw a guard putting up a poster on a pole. A bunch of ponies gathered around as the guard left to hang more posters. Apple Bloom and Bon Bon went to have a look and slowly eased through the crowd of ponies. Apple Bloom looked at the poster and read what it said.

Dear Ponies of Equestria,
It is my great honor to invite Starlight Glimmer and the Elements of Harmony to my castle tomorrow morning. In addition they get to bring one guest with them. After ten years my gates will open again, but, if anypony gets into my castle without being invited will be punished. Until then, Queen Hysteria

Apple Bloom was shocked, they were finally going to see their friend again! Apple Bloom ran from the crowd to go see her friends. She ran into Sugar Cube Corner and saw the New Five Six sitting and eating sweets. They were laughing and having a good time. Apple Bloom also saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders as well.

"Guys!"

The ponies turned to her direction and greeted her as she walked towards them.

"I have great news! Twilight is inviting you five to her castle! And she also asks that you bring a guest!"

Pinkie Pie spat out her drink and shook her head.

"Really?! We haven't seen Twilight since . . ."

Everypony fell silent and Starlight Glimmer sighed, "Rainbow Dash. Look, I know we haven't seen Twilight since, you know, but why would she just invite us now?"

"Maybe she just misses us, darling," Rarity said with a small smile on her face.

Starlight nodded, "I don't know. It just doesn't feel right."

"Well I know who I'm takin'," Applejack said, breaking the silence. "I'll take Apple Bloom."

Apple Bloom jumped up and down for joy. Rarity walked over to Sweetie Belle and hugged her, "I'll be taking Sweetie Belle. She also misses Twilight right?" Sweetie Belle nodded as Scootaloo looked a little worried. Starlight smiled and walked over to her,"Don't worry Scootaloo, you can come with me."

Scootaloo hugged the unicorn as Pinkie Pie took her wallet from her mane. She opened it to reveal many pictures of her friends. "I'll take Cheese Sandwich! That way we can throw a big surprise party for Twilight!"

"And I'll bring Discord," Fluttershy said as the rest of the ponies looked at her with a "really?" look. Applejack got up from her seat and put her hat back on. "Well then, we should probably get ready for tomorrow."

Rarity nodded, "I agree, I can't wait to see all the beautiful decorations, the magnificent food, what should I wear?!"

Pinkie Pie laughed, "You get excited over the silliest things."

They all left except Starlight who stayed in her seat. Rarity noticed this and walked over to her.

"What is wrong, darling?"

"I don't know, Rarity. It's just the memories. The memories of back then, you know, when we used to all be together as friends. I just miss it deeply."

Rarity nodded and sighed, "I know, Starlight. I miss those days too. But I do know that Rainbow Dash would have wanted us to be happy about this moment."

Starlight smiled and gave her friend a hug, "Thank you, Rarity. Thank you."

"Now come along. We must prepare for tomorrow."

Starlight followed Rarity out the door, but she still had a feeling that Twilight was up to something. But she didn't know what. Could she really have missed them after ten years? Or does she need help with something? Or is something wrong? She didn't know. All she knew was that tomorrow was going to be a big day.

Author's Note:

Hello everypony! I hope you've enjoyed the start of my new story Queen Hysteria: The Fallen Star! Believe it or not I've been planning this story for two months! I'm sorry if this is short because this is just a teaser for what's coming up. The next chapters will be long so stay tuned!!! -SC