• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 785 Views, 4 Comments

Abductions - Daxisle



Twilight uncovers why Ponyville's occupants are starting to disappear with no explination or trace.

  • ...
 4
 785

Corruption

Corruption

Twilight looked around; she was surrounded by tall and grey buildings. The clouds above and the wet ground below gave the obvious impression that rain had fallen only minutes ago. She looked around, nights shadow enveloped everything save a lack luster lamp post standing between two street signs.

"What happened to Sweet Apple Acers?" Twilight asked as she trotted along, looking frantically for somepony to tell her where she was. She thought about the Pony in Black, but where was he; and how did she get here? "Hello" she called out.

A movement out of the corner of her eye caused the unicorn to snap her head to the side, there he was; looking directly at her, walking to her. Twilight tried to use her magic to stop him, but no spell would come forth. A twinge of fear filled her as she realized her magic wasn't working. He was getting closer, his eyes fixated on her. The mares breathing started to quicken, she couldn't tell if he was a unicorn, pegasus, or an earth pony. His hat obscured his forehead, and his coat obscured his body. Twilight couldn't even make out his cutie mark. He was only a few feet away now, and in the biggest act of desperation Twilight had ever undertaken, she glared and threw herself head first at her adversaries chest.

To the purple unicorns shock, she hit the ground face first, her horn leaving an indent the ground. She quickly stood up and turned to face her enemy, but he continued walking as he had before. "What?" Twilight asked confused, she decided to walk in front of the pony and confront him head on. But this time, she couldn't deny what she thought happened; he walked right threw her and continued as if she didn't exist.

"What is going on?" Twilight asked, she looked at the Pony in Black as he trotted along, and then her own hoof. She noticed he was starting to trot out of sight and decided to follow the stallion, hoping to figure something out about him. Again, to her surprise; he seemed to walk aimlessly, taking a few random turns that took him around in a circle a couple of times, every time Twilight went to see his eyes and see if they were looking at anything in particular, she was met with the usual; Blank and angry stare fixated on some invisible objective straight ahead.

Twilight couldn't help it at this point, she had to see the ponies face. She walked backwards and tilted her head to see under his hat. The stallion had two scars from the left eye to his nose. His black scruffy mane was far smoother than Twilight originally thought whenever the light would hit it just right; it would glisten like dark colored water ever so slightly. She observed the faded fedora on his head, the strap surrounding it seemed to be new as did the small black buckle that held it in place, and she observed walking back behind him to see if there was anything else on it.

After a few more moments of walking, the stallion stopped, the abrupt halt of her guide caused the mare to stumble, she stretched her head back trying not to bump into him, forgetting that he (or she) would simply phase through the other. After she let out an unnecessary sigh of relief; Twilight noticed his head was tilted up to the top of a small building, and followed his line of sight...

"Twilight?" She heard a voice call. "Twilight, wake up!"

The unicorn opened her eyes than immediately shut them again. A pained groan escaped her lips as she placed one of her front legs over her eyes. "To bright." she complained. In a surge of alarm she sat up and looked around quickly. She was back at Applejack's house, lying in the apple mares bed. She looked around to the three ponies by her bedside. "What happened? Where is he?"

Applejack put her hoof over her friend’s inquisitive mouth. "Twi' you need to lay back down."

Twilight disobeyed and stood up, though she wished she hadn't, a sickly and skull splitting head ache began to pound on her cranium. She collapsed back on the bed and was relieved to feel the pain begin to subside. "What happened? I remember chasing after him through the trees, and that's it."

"Well," Applejack began.

"He turned around and kicked you." Pinkie Pie admitted letting her head droop a little. "He smacked you right on the forehead, and bam; you were out cold for about two hours."

Twilight placed her hoof back over her eyes. She couldn't believe she let him get away like that, and the fact that she was hurt by him only pissed her off more. She thought about the dream, his face, his eyes, and his anger. Who was this pony?

After what felt like hours, she noticed the light of the sun started to fade from her eyes. "Thank you for closing that." She said rhetorically, letting her hoof fall to the bedside.

"Closing what sugar cube?" She heard Applejack ask.

"The curtains on the window." Twilight replied.

"We didn't close them; the sun is just going down." Pinkie Pie chimed.

Twilight gained her bearings and sat up again, this time met with better results. She glanced out the window to see that what Pinkie said was true. How could she have been out for so long? She didn't care; all she wanted was to get her hooves on the black clad pony. A subtle feeling of fear over the obsession of getting her enemy was festering in the back of her mind. Would revenge really bring the satisfying euphoria that she hoped it would?

"Umm... excuse me." A small voice broke the thoughtful silence. "I need to get home, and um... see how the Animals are doing." Fluttershy's expression was concerned. She rubbed her front hoof on her opposite leg over and over suspiciously. Then again, everyone knew Angel did not like to be kept waiting. Not to mention the other uncountable creatures she had taken on the responsibility of caring for.

"Yea, and with the Mayor's curfew, Everypony better get home. Who knows what dem' supposed 'Peace-colts’ will do if they catch ya'll." Applejack agreed.

Twilight stood up, the pain mostly subsiding from her head, and proceeded to the door that lead to the hallway. "Alright, let's go." She opened the door with her magic and sheepishly left the room with Pinkie and Fluttershy close behind. They walked downstairs and paid a goodnight to Big Mac; who was sitting quietly watching over Granny Smith. "Eyup, have a safe night." He replied.

The three ponies walked out into the twilight with Applejack wishing them a safe trip. As the three left the orchard, Twilight couldn't help but stare at Fluttershy, she kept glancing at pinkie nervously. If she saw Twilight noticing her awkward demeanor; she would look away or pretend she saw dust on Pinkie’s leg. Twilight couldn't understand why, but the voice in the back of her head kept telling her to just let it go.

Pinkie and Twilight agreed to escort the timid pegasus home, she looked a wreck and was known to dislike traveling alone in the dark. As the three approached Ponyville they saw the clock tower near Fluttershy's cottage. It was a quarter to eight, a quick return with some time to spare.

Fluttershy lead the two to her front door where Angel sat, his arms crossed and a scorn of impatience plaguing his features. He saw Fluttershy and immediately threw his hands in the air, a silent gesture of anger and worry. "I'm sorry Angel, I was over with-"

Without any kind of warning, Angel jumped in front of Fluttershy, and glared at the two mares behind her. Twilight took a step back from the all too protective rabbit, treating him as if he were a time bomb. That's when she noticed the rabbit wasn't looking at her, Angel’s gaze was locked onto Pinkie Pie. The enraged Rabbit let out the closes thing to a growl Twilight had ever come from such a rodent, and it back away slowly, pushing Fluttershy into the cottage.

"I'm sorry girls; I don't know what's gotten into him. I'll see you tomorrow." And on that, the door slammed, her and Angel safely inside the house.

"Geez what was that about?" Pinkie asked looking at Twilight in a mixed look of hurt confusion.

"I don't know, Angel is a weird rabbit." Twilight replied turning around and walking back to Ponyville. She bid her friend goodnight and they went their separate ways home. Twilight approached the Library; all she wanted to do was throw herself on top of her safe and cozy bed then fall off into a deep and restful slumber. After everything she had been through today, she was tired and the mild though constant headache was enough to overcome what determination she had left to find the Pony in Black.

"Hey you!" A harsh voice called. Twilight looked over to see a silver baring brown pony walking towards her. Flat eyed and in no mood to deal with anything or anyone, she turned to face the pony and retaliate as to why she didn't care why he spoke to her. "You're coming with me."

"What?" Twilight managed to get out before he wrapped a muzzle around her mouth. She bucked to get free from the Peace-colts grip, but her protest quickly dissolved by the other unicorn's magic overpowering her. She attempted to cry for help, but the muzzle drowned it down to desperate moans of protest. The stallion turned and dragged the distressed mare to the barracks. Twilight attempted to use her magic to aid her, but something about the muzzle seemed to drain the energy and will power out of her.

They approached the large wooden structure, it was a rather simple cube shaped building, a little taller than three fully grown stallions stacked on top of one another. The inside of the Barracks was more gloomy and threatening than the outside however. Many silver headed weapons sat on the walls, small shelves with Pillows were held up by black chains, and a giant table holding a map of Ponyville sat in the middle of the hastily thrown together dark brown-board floor, with dozens of chairs sitting around it.

Two more Peace-colts skulked inside the barracks, one giving a hateful scowl, while the other gave a sadistic smirk. She was thrown onto the table, and with a grunt from the pony who was magically manipulating her, the mare was slammed onto her back so she could see the three ponies who were threatening her. She groaned at the pain, her headache increasing tenfold, and her legs were shaking from the shock of force used.

"Now, I hope we have your attention. 'Cause I don't want to have this conversation again." The Pony who was smiling sadistically said as he trotted up to her. His smile never wavering; his harsh green eyes gave a contradicting contrast to his light mane and pure white hair. "We just received a report from the Princess that somepony decided to send her a message about our apparent 'over critical' methods of keeping the peace."

Twilight's shivering began to increase dramatically with every word. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes and did her best to blink them away. The second pony who was in the tent before she had arrived dismissed her initial abductor and walked over to the table where she lay now free of his magic; not that it mattered considering now she was too scared to move. "Alright Miss Sparkle, I'm going to cut to the chase," he spat the harsh words right before he slammed a small dagger barley an inch away from Twilights ear.

She gazed at her captors with fearful and pleading eyes, even the Pony in Black never made he feel this kind of terror. Her breathing became erratic, and she had to fight the urge to empty her bladder on the table.

His angry sneer turned into a cynical smirk before he spoke in a low and threatening Manehattan enriched voice. "If I ever hears of you causin' me, or my boys trouble again;" He looked over to the knife and used his hoof to force Twilight's terrified face to it, the blade had stabbed deeper than she initially thought, though the metal was new, she could tell it had been used by the light tint of pink stained onto the steel. She felt the ponies hoof quickly tug her face back to facing him. "That, my dear, will be used to end any chance you think you have of becoming a mother."

Immediately after his threat, the sadistic Peace-colt used his two hooves to pick the unicorn up and throw her out of the barracks onto the cold unforgiving dirt outside. Twilight curled up into a ball and began to sob. "Get her outta here!" the Pony who threw her out commanded. Not a second after he finished speaking, a Peace-colt grabbed her by the arm and gave a quick, "Yes Lieutenant!”

Twilight was in shock, she couldn't think, she couldn't believe. All she knew now, was there was a Maroon pony in silver armor dragging her to some location to do who-knows-what. Her entire body was still trembling, and the tears started to flow freely, she finally found the courage to escape from her mind and accept what had just happened. She was threatened by the very Protectors her Princess had sent to defend her.

"Hey, Twilight was it?" Asked the stallion before he tried to help her get her to her feet.

Twilight looked up shyly, her ears down in fear of how he would berate or intimidate her, or worse.

"Shh." He cooed, "It's going to be alright." He attempted to comfort her. For some reason she couldn't understand, Twilight started to sob on the ponies shoulder. This was a Peace-colt to be sure, but he was the only gasp of comfort she could find.

They finally reached the Library; the Peace-colt opened the door and lead the now broken hearted unicorn inside. "C'mon, let's get you to bed." He smiled softly, he heard the mare respond, but couldn't make it out threw all the incoherent sobbing. Or maybe that's all there was anyway.

He helped her into bed and pulled the blankets up. Twilight drifted to sleep soon after the only decent Peace-colt she knew of took his leave.

She opened her eyes again; she was surrounded by tall grey buildings and a darkened sky above. A wave of confusion and realization hit her at the same time, she was dreaming again, but the same dream? She looked to the spot where she had seen the pony in black, but he wasn't there. She looked around and saw him standing where the dream had left off previously. She walked over and followed his line of site, on top of a three story building lay a thick long brown blanket drenched over something.

Twilight squinted to see a hood, and what looked like a snout sticking out of the hood. "Who would be standing up there right now?" Twilight questioned peering, she couldn't make out if the pony was male or female, she couldn't even tell what color he/she was. The cloaked figure turned and walked away from the two onlookers and walked back onto the roof top. Suddenly, the Pony in Black charged forward into the building, crashing through the doors and galloped past the aggravated front desk worker. Twilight followed hoping to find out who this cloaked pony was.

She walked through the doors and was lead up the fire escape to the roof. To her surprise the brown cloaked pony was still present, though his/her face was completely covered by the darkness of the cowl. The Pony in Black stood ready before her, a few labored breaths were quickly calmed as he addressed is prey. "Where is she?"

The other pony remained silent, Twilight wanted to know who "she" was, who the hell this pony was, and what he wanted with "her". So many questioned ran through Twilights head: All the: why, when, how’s and so on... Finally, after a few minutes of silence, the Cloaked Pony turned to them, the only thing that could be seen from within the darkness of the hood was a wide and white smile that bore a crossed the lower part of its face. A small though menacing chuckle escaped the mysterious individual before her.

A loud banging emitted in her ears, and the purple mare jumped from her bed and fell onto the floor. "What, what?" She looked around to find herself back in her bedroom. The morning sun was shining in through the window by her bed; a scent of freshly made pastries from the bakery next door filled her nostrils.

"Twilight!" Exclaimed a familiar and loud voice. She looked outside her window to find Apple jack standing with a purple maned, white unicorn outside. With all of the events that had taken place over the past several days, Twilight couldn't believe she hadn't noticed that her prissy and glamorous associate wasn't around. Despite the terror of last night, the joy of seeing her friend caused her to charge downstairs and open the door to greet the two.

Applejack pushed Twilight aside and carefully lead Rarity inside the Library. "Hey what gives?" Twilight demanded.

"Close the door." Applejack said calmly. Both of her friends were now inside, so the purple unicorn saw no reason to keep it open.

"Ok, now would you tell me why you push-" Twilight cut herself off at the sight of her missing friend. Rarity's eyes were wide and she was shaking uncontrollably. She didn't even criticize Twilights unkempt mane.

"Rarity, what happened to you?" Twilight asked, watching the wide eyed unicorn shake and a constant look of queasiness grow and retract on her face.

"N-n-nothing d-d-dear..." Rarity shuddered looking around. She let out a faux smile and immediately stopped once she realized her teeth were chattering together.

Twilight grabbed Rarity and looked her dead in the eyes, "What happened? Did the Peace-colts do this to you?" Twilight’s anger flared at how shaken she was by the guard, she knew that Rarity had to have had the same kind of run in with them.

"I'm so s-sorry dear, but..." Rarity's eyes began to look around, attempting to avoid Twilights gaze. The white mare caught the eyes of her companion and they began to water. Before Twilight knew it, Rarity had embraced her and was crying on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry." She kept cried over and over. Twilight held her friend close.

"I know what you're going through Rarity." Twilight cooed, stroking her friends mane.

"No," Rarity sobbed burying her face in the other unicorns shoulder. "I'm sorry Twilight, but you haven't any idea what hells I have been through..."






I know, my set ups and vocabulary are far from lustrous, but you read this for the plot and you know it. And don't worry i'm working on my writing skills, i'm working on them.