• Published 5th Jun 2016
  • 1,021 Views, 34 Comments

Bookends Part 4: Or Day Of Atonement - Stormbringer



Eight years since Bookends Part 3: Or Family Values. A normal life in Equestria is threatened. After all this time and with foals to protect, are the Main 6 up to the task once more?

  • ...
13
 34
 1,021

CHAPTER FIVE: The Mission

Later, at a briefing…

“And so,” said Celestia addressing the ponies, “that is all we know. I know it is asking a lot of you. But we need to take care of this issue…

Permanently.”

“You’re not talking about assassinating the queen,” said Pinkie visibly upset. “Are you?”

“Elysium no!” said Luna, “we always want to peaceably solve things.”

“But what about Sombra?” said Applejack. “I think he would claim it wasn’t quite peaceable when he was destroyed.”

“But Sombra wasn’t destroyed,” said Celestia, “he was only returned to shadow.”

“Fluttershy will like to hear that,” said Pinkie, “I think she has carried some guilt concerning that, ever since that time.”

“I don’t think even Queen Chrysalis would want to remain at odds with everypony else. I’m sure even she would agree that if it were The Hive against the world, there would be no question in the outcome. The overwhelming numbers would eventually win.

And Twilight, you remember what Star Swirl the Bearded said,” stated Princess Celestia.

Only a fool wants to live at war forever,” quoted Twilight. “But do you think she will be open to a peace envoy?”

“No,” said Celestia, “and I’m afraid she will not see you as a peace envoy. That’s the reason for the Elements of Harmony. But we need to handle this before it gets out of hoof and many ponies, on both sides, die.”

“But Fluttershy couldn’t come,” said Rarity, “what good will be the Elements of Harmony if not all of the 6 of us are present?

“The Elements are most powerful when the 6 wielders are present,” said Luna, “but they are powerful individually as well.”

There was mumming among the ponies gathered.

Cheerilee nodded to Twilight.

“With Celestia and Luna safe with you,” said Twilight, “for their sake and the ponies of Equestria, my wife and I will go.”

The other ponies agreed.

“That goes for my wife and I,” said Pinkie.

“Pinkie, or should I say Phantasm,” said Luna, “are you really sure? You are at the most peril. You could be seen as a traitor. If discovered, I’m sure that there would be little mercy shown.”

“I know that,” said Pinkie, “but I couldn’t hide at home while my friends face danger, especially if it is with my ‘people’.”

“And I will not let my wife stand alone!” said Trixie taking Pinkie’s hoof.

“We really expected no less,” said Luna with a smile.

“Rest tonight,” said Celestia, “talk to your children and explain that they will be taken good care of while you are away. Let them know that they are being heroes as much as their mothers.”


That evening…


Trixie lay in the embrace of Pinkie.

“Phantasm, Darling,” said Trixie, stroking Pinkie’s mane. “I’m afraid.”

Trixie had taken to calling Pinkie her real name while in private.

“I know, you know I can feel it. All our friends are afraid.” Said Pinkie.

Trixie was lost in thought, then she looked at Pinkie oddly, Pinkie didn’t miss it.

“Why the face?” asked Pinkie.

“Phantasm, my only love,” said Trixie snuggling closer, “when you’re in other forms, how accurate are those forms?”

“Very accurate.”

“Functional?”

“Totally functional,” replied the pink pony, “why do you ask?”

“Phantasm darling,” said Trixie, “I had Twilight help me find a spell to make me extra fertile.”

There was a moment of silence.

“Why,” asked Pinkie.

“Phantasm, if I were to survive but lost you I would be crushed.” Said Trixie, with tears starting to form. “I want something that would give me a reason to go on and keep your memories alive.”

“Are you saying…”

“I want a foal,” said Trixie, “I want your foal. If that’s possible.”

“Cast your spell,” said Pinkie with a smile of love.

There was a green flash, but Pinkie didn’t change shape, or at least that Trixie could tell. That is until she felt something she’d not felt before, from Pinkie. It was firm and pressing against her marehood. Trixie lifted the blanket and looked. She was impressed with the size of the penis Pinkie was now sporting.

“Oh Phantasm!” purred Trixie, casting her fertility spell. “Why haven’t we done this before?”

But Trixie was silenced by Pinkie’s kiss as she pulled Trixie very close. Pinkie rolled Trixie to her back. The love making was better than she’d ever known.


That night, after explaining all they could to the children, Cheerilee and Twilight were in the bed provided. It was a fairly large bed, but it was a bit crowded. Luna and Celestia were in bed with their mothers, despite the fact they had their own beds. It was as much the mothers idea as it was their daughters’.

“Momma T, Momma C,” said Luna, “do you really have to go? Cici and I are afraid.”

“We know, but you and your sister have nothing to be afraid of,” said Twilight.

“You couldn’t be more safe, here in the castle. In the princesses secret rooms,” said Cheerilee putting a hug around Luna and Celestia.

“We know that Momma C,” said Celestia, “but Luna and I are afraid that something might happen to our moms.”

“Aunts Celestia and Luna are afraid of this as well,” said Luna.

“They told you this?” asked Cheerilee.

“No momma,” said Celestia, “Luna and I can feel when our moms and aunts are afraid, sad or even happy. (Cheerilee and Twilight looked across the kids at each other, this confirmed what Celestia had said. The mothers had also noticed in the past that they had a good idea the location and emotional status of their offspring.) And we ain’t ever felt you or they be so afraid.”

It looked like Celestia and Luna were about to cry. The mothers hugged the children close.

“My darling daughters,” said Twilight, a tear playing at her eye, as was Cheerilee’s, “you’re right, we’re afraid. Not so much for ourselves but for you and Zap and all the innocents in Equestria.

You remember when we told you that not all changelings are nice like aunt Pinkie? (The children nodded) Well if not stopped or a peace can be reached; things could be very very bad. Something that hasn’t happened in Equestria in a very long time may happen; War.”

“That’s why we have to go and do this.” Said Cheerilee, “We don’t want to leave our darlings, but we don’t want there to be a chance that you’ll get hurt.”

“Cici and I will be brave,” said Luna.

“Just like our moms,” said Celestia.

The four held each other tightly as to ease their fears as the drifted off to sleep.


“Butmommy,whycan’tIgowithyou?” said Zap to his mother.

“Zap, my little guy,” said Rainbow also having Zap in the bed with her, “mommy has important business to take care of. It could be very dangerous.”

“ButI’mbrave,” said Zap, “Icanprotectyou.”

“I know you can,” said Rainbow hugging her son and kissing him on the head, “but mommy can’t do her job and watch out for you at the same time. I want to be able to do this knowing that you’re being protected by the most powerful ponies in all Equestria.”

“Whycan’tIgohomeandbewithdaddy?”

“Because he won’t be in as much danger with you here,” said Rainbow, her fear growing as she talked this through, “by being here, you’d be protecting him so he can protect Granny and aunt Apple Bloom. And he can do this better knowing you’re safer than almost anypony in Equestria.

Plus I need you to be here to protect your cousins.”

“Okaymommy,I’llstayandbebrave.IpromiseI’llprotectLunaandCici.”

“That’s my boy,” said Rainbow with a smile, “I’m so proud of you. The most awesome colt in all Equestria.”

“Asawesomeasyou,mommy?”

“Even more awesome,” said Rainbow hugging the colt close so he couldn’t see the tears of fear in his mother’s eyes.


The morning sun saw the group of friends and lovers walking slowly from the castle toward the train station. The south bound train wouldn’t be leaving for another hour.

All were quiet and thoughtful. Three of the mares were worried about the children left behind. Two of the mares were concerned about their unborn, Trixie had done a follow up spell that morning and was able to detect that there was a fertilized egg developing in her womb. But for Trixie and the developing embryo’s safety, Pinkie and Trixie were keeping the news quiet for now.

The couples were keeping close while making sure that Rainbow knew that she wasn’t alone and her friends did support and love her. Perhaps in the ‘old days’, Rainbow would have thought it uncool to be so ‘sappy’. But now, she had love of family and love of friends and she welcomed it.

At the train station, the group climbed aboard. There were 3 sleeping cabins reserved. In spite of her objections, Rainbow was to share a cabin with Twilight and Cheerilee. There was a bunk bed arrangement, and Twilight and Cheerilee said that they didn’t mind sleeping close. Rainbow would have to take the top bunk so there would be less chance of Twilight or Cheerilee rolling out of bed and falling.

After sitting in a lounge car talking among themselves. They were trying, at least for now, to avoid the reason they were there. It would be a three day trip south and then at least another day on hoof to the Changeling Kingdom.

“Twi,” said AJ, “what are we supposed to do when we get there?”

“AJ,” said Twilight thoughtfully, “I’m not sure. Princess Celestia didn’t give much advice on this because this is something that hasn’t had to be done before. Us reaching out to an enemy who could be anypony or anything. Even who to trust could become an issue.”

“So who can we trust?” asked Rarity.

“No pony,” said Rainbow.

“That might be a good idea,” said Pinkie.

“What, Honey,” said Trixie.

“Twilight, if I came to you, under normal circumstances, and asked ‘can I trust you?’ What would you say." Asked Pinkie.

“Of course you can,” said Twilight. “Wait! I understand. We can’t trust anypony then I should say no.”

“I get it Darlings,” said Rarity, “if I were to suspect something amiss with Cheerilee, I would ask her can I trust you. If she says yes, then she’s probably an imposter.”

“And we should never mention this again,” said Pinkie, “nopony was out of our sight since we left little Luna so I’m sure none of us are Changelings... Well you know what I mean.”

There were chuckles all around.

They talked about what they might expect, none of what they thought was that pleasant. Pinkie said there was little about the Changeling Kingdom she could say because it had been a very long time since she was there.

When it was time to eat dinner, they sat in the dining car and ate mostly in silence. Everypony was deep into their thoughts. Afterwards, they all decided to go to their sleeper cabins for the rest of the evening.

“Phantasm honey,” said Trixie, “I’m so glad I have you with me. You give me strength.”

“As do you, my love.”

The two kissed for a bit, but Trixie broke the kiss.

“I’m sorry, my love,” said Trixie sheepishly, “your wife has to go tinkle.”

“You and you silly words,” laughed Pinkie, getting up as well.

“I don’t think you need to come and hold my hoof,” said Trixie, “I’m a big filly now.”

“But…”

“I’m sure it’ll be okay,” said Trixie, “we are next to the lavatory anyway.”

Pinkie grudgingly agreed and let Trixie go to the restroom. She was back in a couple minutes. Trixie crawled back in the bed and kissed Pinkie.

“I missed you Trixie.”

“I missed you too, Pinkie.”

They kissed and then it hit Pinkie.

“I’m sorry my love,” said Pinkie, “what did you call me?”

“Silly,” said Trixie, “I called you Pinkie, that is your name.”

“You only call me my real name,” said Pinkie becoming upset. “Can I trust you?”

“Yes Pinkie,” said Trixie, looking concerned at the look in Pinkie’s eyes, “you can always trust me.”

Trixie was startled at the green flash.

Rainbow was trying not to let the giggling from Twilight and Cheerilee disturb her. In fact it was starting to arouse her. But this was all broken by a scream from the next cabin.

Twilight, Cheerilee and Rainbow exited their cabin only to run into AJ and Rarity in the passageway.

“That wasn’t you?” asked Cheerilee.

“No,” said AJ. “And a’fore you ask you can’t trust Rarity or I.”

Twilight tried to open Pinkie and Trixie’s cabin door, it was locked. Before Twilight could do anything, there was green glow around the door and it opened. The ponies in the passageway looked in and there was a green flash, Pinkie was standing over the unmoving form of another Changeling.

“Pinkie,” said Twilight, “can we trust you?”

“No!” said Pinkie very upset, “they have Trixie! I should’ve went to the restroom with her!”

Pinkie kicked the motionless Changeling hard.

“Pinkie,” said Twilight, “are they…”

“Dead?” said Pinkie, looking at her friend. There was a frightening flame in her eyes. “I don’t know, and frankly I don’t care. If so, I hope they’re screaming in Tartarus right now!”

Pinkie kicked the unmoving form again, tears were starting to pour from her eyes. There was a purple flash around the unmoving Changeling and they were gone.

“I sent them deep into the woods we’re passing through.” Said Twilight.

“Stay in pairs, Pinkie, you and Rainbow stay together.” Said Twilight, “we will make a quick sweep of the train. We will meet back here and if we haven’t found anything, then we will turn in and when we make a stop for fuel and water in the morning. I’ll send a notice to Canterlot. I only wish we had Luna with us right now.”

They all agreed, but found nothing. They all turned in, seeing there was nothing else they could do. Nopony slept well and Rainbow held Pinkie as she cried through the night.