• Published 12th Jun 2016
  • 883 Views, 18 Comments

Twelve Years Ago in Canterlot - SS Nomad



In Canterlot, a Princess seeks her true love. In a far off land, a Queen only knows love for power. Fate will bring them to one another, but Fate is a fickle mistress.

  • ...
2
 18
 883

Prologue

Chrysalis had never seen a pony channel so much magic that they glowed pure white, let alone two at once, but Shining Armor and Cadance were in midair and glowing like torches, the air around them a thick pink cloud of magic.

No. Chrysalis raised a shield spell, but it wasn't an attack that came her way. That same damnable force field that seemed to be the only spell Shining Armor knew had exploded out from them, smashing into the Queen's shield and sending her flying clean out of Canterlot, over the wreckage of her now botched invasion. She'd done everything right, planned for everything imaginable, and yet...

In that moment, as she rocketed away, she came to a crushing conclusion. The last twelve years had been a waste. If only she'd done the right thing all those years ago. If only she'd admitted what she was. If only she'd... what? Where had she gone wrong back then?

Chrysalis felt something coming from deep within her that she usually only felt from others and that she had forgotten she was capable of. Something she hasn't felt since...

It all came rushing back to her in one moment, that wonderful week from twelve years ago in this very city, this very castle. Just one week, but it forever changed her. The week that was taken from her and given to that fool who was now marrying her only true love.