• Published 24th May 2016
  • 324 Views, 5 Comments

Equestria 500 Years Later - Silver Wishes



In the future, a descendant of Twilight Sparkle finds a secret.

  • ...
 5
 324

Chapter 1

It's been five centuries since the life of Twilight Sparkle and her friends, now they are legends ponies admire and look back on as heroes. Now their descendants live around Equestria proud of their lineage while living their own lives. Our story begins with one unicorn pony named Star Whirl the Clever, one of Twilight's descendants, a scientist with a knack for finding things most don't and a lot of knowledge to boot. In recent months she has been excavating lost scientific treasures her ancestor left behind, blueprints and prototypes for most of the technology used today, technology invented by Twilight and a friend of hers who according to history, was the one who came up with the ideas, Star Whirl made it her mission to find the precursors to the technology used today, although she has so far found nothing. But her luck finally changed after she found a clue hidden away in Twilight's castle, this clue was in an old journal in the castle library which was right under her nose the entire time, according to said journal, there is a hidden lab somewhere where Twilight and her friend worked on the prototypes of today's technology, including a secret project that the friend was working on, she wanted to know more but the journal did mention more. Feeling more motivated than ever she immediately made the necessary preparations. "Supplies check, guides and books check, tools check, ok I'm ready!" she said enthusiastically. She left the castle in a hurry, as she ran she felt excitement. "What could that secret project be? It depends, is it related to any of their inventions? Maybe something that introduces new technologies? I'm so excited!" she thought to herself. She's spotted from above by a Pegasus stallion with a gray coat and rainbow mane, he flies towards her.

"Hey there egghead, where are you going?" he asked her. Star slowed down her pace.

"I'm going to one of my ancestor's hidden labs." Star answered him with enthusiasm.

"You finally found something huh? Here I thought you were never gonna find anything." he said with a sarcastic tone.

"This time it's different, I found this clue in the castle library." Star answered as she took out a journal. "According to this, my great great great great grandmare's friend left behind a super secret project that not even she knew much about, he described it as a means to see the future, doesn't that sound amazing?" Star said to him.

"Sure I guess." he responded with a bored tone in his voice.

"Come on Rain Cloud, I thought you were the adventure type?" she asked.

"Just because a lot of my relatives are wonderbolts doesn't mean ill always go out on one." he responded sounding a bit annoyed.

"Or explorers like your distant uncles and cousins." Star said.

"Yeah yeah, look ill go with you but only to keep you out of trouble, remember last time?" Rain Cloud asked her.

"That wasn't my fault, he wouldn't let me in." Star responded.

"Then you ran in anyway and started running around to look for stuff, I had to smack the guy and fly you away." Rain Cloud sassed.

"Let's just go." Star said sounding annoyed.

Rain Cloud gave a chuckle.

"So where too?" he asked.

"The lab is supposedly in Ponyville, right under her friend's old home." Star said.

"Isn't that where Mage and Ursa live?" he asked.

"Yeah, I wonder if they know it's there?" she answered. They picked up the pace and headed to the house, it wasn't far from the castle and while it used to be smaller it has been expanded as time passed and families grew. They approach the house and stand at the front door, Star Whirl knocks on the door and waits, the door is opened and they see Mage, a mare with a light pink coat and a crimson mane with cyan accents.

"Oh hi Star Whirl, Rain Cloud, good to see again." she greeted warmly.

"Hello Mage, we were wondering if you would allow us to search for a hidden lab in the house?" Star asked. Mage stares blankly, trying to process the question.

"Um, may I ask why? Is this another one of your excavations?" Mage asked. Star nods. "Well I guess but can you show me what you found that led you here?" she asked. Star takes out the journal and hands it to her, Mage starts reading and her expression changes. "Huh, below the house." she mumbles. She flips the pages and finds something odd, two pages have what appear to be a sequence. "These two pages here have some kind of sequence, the image looks just like the wall under the stairs." Mage said. Star smiles wide and barges in, she approaches the wall and sets down her saddlebag. Mage approaches her. "You really need to contain your excitement." Mage said. Star blushes.

"Sorry I can't help it." Star said apologetically. "Let me see the sequence." she said. Mage hands it over, Star Whirl looks at the sequence. "According to this, there's a button right." she said as she locates it and presses it. "Here." she said as she pressed it. They hear a click then several panels extend from the wall, she begins rotating them and pressing them in a specific order, each time she does they can hear what sounds like locks inside the wall unlocking, the wall opens, revealing a hidden passageway.

"I didn't know this was here." Mage said, looking surprised.

"Let's go inside, the project must be down there." Star said with determination.

"Hold on, lets all go in together, we don't know what's down there." Mage said being cautious. Star nods in agreement. They go in together and walk down the hidden stairs.

"You seriously didn't know this was here?" Rain Cloud asked. Mage shakes her head.

"No, I don't think anypony knew except him." she answered. "Now I'm curious about this secret project, it must be valuable if he went through all of this trouble." she said. They continue walking until at last they find themselves in a room. "I think we're here." she said while looking around. Rain Cloud raises an eyebrow.

"That's it? I don't see anything." he said. He spots an object in the middle of the room, covered in a blanket. "Except that." he said while pointing at it. They approach it and removed the cover, revealing a strange device. "This it?" he asked. Star shook her head.

"No, if it was there'd be tools and blueprints, it's an empty room with this in the middle, it's planted here." she answered. Mage looks at it closely.

"I can sense a strange magic coming from it, it's so... Foreign, as if it wasn't from here." Mage said.

"Perhaps it will lead the way?" Star asked. She gets close to it and touches it, it activates causing glowing magic runes to appear in the ground, then before they could react, she's teleported to a place unknown.

"Star Whirl!!" Mage shouted.

"Oh boy!!" Rain Cloud shouted as he begins to have a panic attack. They start looking around the room for her. "Where is she?!" he asked in a panic.

"I don't know, that device sent her to who knows where." she answered.

"What do we do?!" he asked.

"We can't touch it and risk being sent somewhere we can't go back from, oh I hope she's ok." Mage said looking worried. Meanwhile, Star Whirl reaches her destination, she falls to the ground.

"Ow." she exclaimed. "Where am I?" she asked. She stands up and looks around, she appears to be in a dark hallway. "Did that device send me here?" she wondered. She starts walking down the hall, her steps echoing around the stone walls, she notices a strange mist in the air. "What's this strange fog? Or is it mist? It doesn't look like ordinary fog or mist." she thought to herself. She continues onward until she sees a light at the end. "Finally an exit." she said. She picks up the pace until she finds herself outside in an open clearing, surrounded by the walls of a fortress, or what looked like a fortress. "Where am I?" she asked out loud. She looked ahead of her and notices something blinking in and out of existence, she goes to it and touches it, suddenly a giant airship is revealed with a giant golden winged creature at its helm and covered in vines, Star Whirl is in awe of the magnificent airship she sees before her. "Is this it? Is this the secret project?" she wondered. "This is clearly an airship, but it's nothing compared to what's built today, how do I get inside?" she said. She uses her magic to lift herself up into the sky, from up high she can see an entrance at the roof of the airship, she goes to it and stands at the door. "Ok this must be a way in, I never seen a door like this before, hmm, how to open." she said as she approached it. She pokes the door, then presses her hoof onto it, then hits it, it doesn't budge. "Maybe it needs power?" she wonders. She zaps the door with magic, causing a green light to shine then it opens, she goes in but finds herself in a dead end. "Dead end?" she wonders. She walks over and notices she's in an elevator. "It's not a dead end after all, I guess I'll have to power it up." she thought. She uses her magic to power up the elevator but as a result, the door closes behind her. "Drat, looks like I can only power one thing at a time." she thought to herself. " Let's see how deep this goes." she said. She uses her magic to lower the elevator all of the way down to the bottom floor, once there, she steps out of it and starts walking down the hall, the walls had windows on both sides of the wall but the vines obstructed the view slightly, she continues walking till she reaches another door, she uses her magic to open it and steps in, she immediately sees a pony laying on the floor, she rushes to her and nudges her. "Hey are you ok?" she asked concerned. The pony opened it's eyes and stood up, it was wearing a black body suit with a pink vest and pink skirt, and white shoes on her front hooves and high heeled pink and white shoes on her back hooves, it had a blonde mane and cream coat. "Oh good, you're alive." Star said sounding relieved. The pony stared.

"Who are you?" the pony asked.

"My name is Star Whirl, and you are?" Star asked.

"Ciel, my name is Ciel." she greeted.

"So Ciel, is this the secret project my ancestor's friend built?" Star asked. Ciel shook her head.

"No, he did not build this, don't you think if it was it would've been finished by now?" Ciel said.

"Good point, then what is it?" Star asked.

"First let's restore power to the ship." she said. She closes her eyes and looks up, then the whole ship comes to life, Star felt impressed and amazed. "There, follow me." she said to her. She leads her back to the elevator and takes her up a floor, she leads her to the door to one of the labs then opens the door, they both enter the room and in the middle of the room was a pony body. "Here it is, his project, a new body to inhabit after he dies, so he can see the future." Ciel says.