• Published 18th May 2016
  • 637 Views, 5 Comments

The Parasprite Project - GJT_Productions



The Agents of Chaos take advantage of the "Swarm of the Century" to wreak further havoc in Canterlot!

  • ...
0
 5
 637

Missives

The pegasus stallion was heavily burdened moving through the Everfree Forest, having had to make off with as many supplies as he could carry before the Guard Lieutenants caught on to the fact he was not going to come back with them. The stallion - really the disguise appearance of Agent X - was still in his uniform of a Guard Upper Class, and he was worried that on approaching Fort Chaos' location he would get shot at.

The fears of X are confirmed when, as he's staggering under his load, he hears the thoowsh of something go right past him and then a thunk. He turns around to see a crossbow arrow embedded in a tree just to his right. He hears another thoowsh and thunk and looks down to see another arrow embedded in the ground just in front of his forehooves. He looks back along the track of the arrows, wondering if the shooter was only trying to get his attention or was just a bad shot.

"Don't move a muscle! Identify yourself!" a grey-coated pegasus wielding a crossbow shouts from the top of a crumbling stone wall nearby, the obvious shooter of the near-miss arrows.

At this, Agent X relaxes a little bit. He lets baggage slide off and down to the ground as he goes to his haunches and makes his usual crossed-forelegs signal in the direction of the crossbow wielder.

The crossbow wielder lowers his weapon, his eyes bulging in some degree of surprise, and he turns to call back to his comrade. Agent X is pleased - his signal was interpreted correctly, and now the first part of his delivery job was almost complete...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A LITTLE LATER...

"So sorry about that, X, can't be too careful about intruders around here." Agent P1 explains as he and companion Agent P2 each take a load of supplies that had been dropped off at the foot of Fort Chaos' crumbling walls.

Agent X grunts out an acknowledgement - all the monsters in the Everfree Forest and the proximity to "incursions" from Ponyville meant any intruders had to be assumed hostile until proven otherwise. X was no stranger to assignments like that one, so sympathized with the dilemma of the two fellow Agents.

"We're honored to have you supplying us, X! You're like a living legend - Snake says you've never failed a mission before!" P2 exclaims in enthusiasm as he shoulders a supply pack. X just grunts out another response - whether the rumors were actually true or not, they were important for maintaining trust in this organization that had to operate in the shadows.

The three Agents work together to haul the stolen Guard rations - both food packs and canteens of water - up crumbling steps and into storage niches for later use. Fort Chaos wasn't big - a ruin with just enough space for two stallions - but it was easy to defend, which was the most important thing for the Agents of Chaos.

"So what are you going to do now?" Agent P1 asks X when the task of stowing the rations is finished. X points a forehoof to his saddlebag and pulls out the letter he had gotten from Snake back in Canterlot.

"Is that for us?" Agent P2 asks, and X nods as he transfers the letter to P1.

P1 studies the odd letter for a few seconds, and P2 looks over P1's withers with nervous anticipation as P1 opens the letter. The letter is written as a message from Agent Snake addressed to the two Agents, with two different Guard Lieutenant stars pinned to the bottom. As usual, the message was ciphered, but in plaintext it was rendered as follows:

"To Agents P1 and P2:

Congratulations on the spectacular success of the parasprite strike on Ponyville. Because of this, I have assigned Agent X to provide you with supply rations every two weeks. Additionally, your identities in the Royal Guard have been promoted to Lieutenant rank. The rank pins provided have been taken from fallen Agents that once held that rank. Do not let the Loyalists recover them or you will be held responsible for their dishonor. Hail to the chaotic one.

- Agent Snake in the Grass"

Agents P1 and P2 look at each other grimly and then down at the star pins at the bottom of the letter. The "promotions" were a clear warning from Snake - P1 and P2 would be assassinated if they ever surrendered to loyal Guard officers or any other opponents. If the Agents couldn't escape an attack, the only honorable option was suicide, and the grim looks show the Agents show they are fully aware of this.

"It's a good thing we have a way to blow up this place should we need to..." P1 grimly replies to P2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE, IN THE MINES BELOW CANTERLOT...

"Take this notice aboveground to 4, Agent 20. WA and WD should be along any minute now." Agent Snake was saying, passing a scroll of parchment out of his personal chamber to a younger pegasus stallion wearing the uniform of a Guard Upper Class nervously waiting just outside.

"Yes sir." the younger pegasus nervously replies, taking the scroll and doing his best to muffle his hoofsteps in the caverns as he makes his way back to the surface. On the way, he passes two other pegasi in Wonderbolt dress uniforms, a mare and a stallion that he can't identify more specifically in the darkness, and stops for a moment to return their salute before continuing onward.

It's not long before the two pegasi - Agents WA and WD, or Misty Fly and Lightning Streak, respectively - in Wonderbolt dress uniforms arrive at Snake's chamber themselves. Although not the only members of the Wonderbolts in the Agents of Chaos, they were by far the most important ones, which is why the two of them were summoned together now.

"Come in, I've been expecting you two." Snake says to the renegade Wonderbolts as he escorts them into his working chamber - the two don't trust the red glow in his eyes or unicorn horn attached by headband under the cloak, but have little choice in the matter considering the disorienting trip down the mine shafts here made it easy for them to get trapped without hope of easy rescue.

"Here's the outlines of the next phase of your operations." Snake explains, leading them to his rock shelf "desk" and pointing a covered hoof to the large sheet of parchment on the shelf.

Both Misty Fly and Lightning Streak lean over the parchment sheet, trying not to block the candlelight source of light as they scan over the drawings and text written by quillpen on the parchment. As soon as they are finished, they give each other concerned looks and then turn back to look at Snake.

"You understand the plan?" Snake asks in a hopeful tone.

"Princess Celestia will be attending that show. Are you sure you want us to do it with the princess there?" Misty Fly asks warily.

"The presence or absence of the princess will not affect how the plan is carried out. All that matters is that you carry out your part of the plan in time for the release to be executed. WA will cover the Captain, WD will cover the First Wingpony. You both understand?" Snake replies, his tone making it clear he had anticipated their concerns.

Misty Fly and Lightning Streak again look at each other in concern, wondering what exactly they had gotten themselves into, but nod in response to Snake in the Grass' query. They much too far into it, both physically and metaphorically, to back out or down now.

"Good. As soon as X returns from his mission, you will be provided with what you need to carry out the plan. Make sure they go where exactly they are supposed to go, and do not feed them once you have them! You got it?" Snake asks.

The two Wonderbolts nod obediently, and Agent Snake keeps his pleasure concealed. The citizens of Canterlot were going to get a show they would never forget, and provide a way to further wedge open the Wonderbolt ranks...