• Published 20th May 2016
  • 4,454 Views, 86 Comments

Grimlock, Dinobot... and father? - The Bricklayer



Grimlock: Leader of the Dinobots and the one any sane Decepticon fears. Also, he's now a... father to three little fillies? Oh boy.

  • ...
6
 86
 4,454

Part 9: Aerial Assault (The Wonderbolt/Autobot Team-Up Part 2)

Ponies, let me tell you about them if you are to understand any of the situation that was currently developing. Normally, they live carefree lives with the biggest problems being family drama or the occasional cattle herd going on a stampede. So naturally, when faced with a trio of robotic jets, three insectoid robots and a hoard of flying drones they do the only rational thing. That is, they go completely mental as the Trottingham-born would say and panic ironically causing a stampede themselves. That was the situation Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash and Babs Seed found themselves in as ponies jumped up from their seats and ran every which way as Starscream cackled at the madness currently developing around him once he'd landed.

"Well, isn't dis just great!?!" Babs snapped sarcastically as she threw her front forelegs up in the air in frustration of having a perfectly good air show interrupted. Nobody bothered to disagree with her, for even as a filly she could be quite intimidating when riled.

"If it isn't the Three Stooges and the Beetles minus one member!" Babs ranted as Powerglide pulled out his laser pistol and shot a Vehicon out of the air by clipping it's wing and making it spiral out of control and crash-land somewhere outside the stadium.

"Oh I don't know, I call it free target practice!" Powerglide replied as he blew smoke off his gun. Suddenly he was jumped from behind by Ravage who'd been dropped from midair by Soundwave who hovered over the stadium silently watching the chaos unfold. Scootaloo's eyes widened in shock as she saw her friend get pinned and whistled to Ravage, who turned his attentions to her.

"Hey Morris! Remember me?" Scootaloo shouted, and realized she may have made a very grave error with her rash decision as Cybertronians had long memories and therefore Ravage DID remember her. Him seeing Scootaloo's cutie mark, well that was pretty much the final straw and he felt his cybernetic brain go into a overload of emotions as his rage and humiliation increased before he let it all loose with a loud snarl and a mighty pounce forwards with Scootaloo yelping and jumping to the side as Ravage smashed seats where he landed. He was then hit by a baseball to the side of his head with one hard throw from Babs.

"Why don't youse pick on somepony your own size!" Babs exclaimed focusing Ravage's attentions all on her only for his mistake to be shown when he was kicked to the other side of the stadium by Powerglide. Ravage's eyes narrowed at them, but he knew he felt his own damage, there would be other chances. For now at least, he had to flee.

"Now that's what I call putting the cat out!" Powerglide chuckled while Scootaloo turned to Babs.

"Hey, where'd you learn to throw like that?"

Babs gave her a big grin.

"Pony Island Boardwalk back in Manehatten, I was a expert at knocking down bottles." Babs smirked. "You should have seen the prizes I won."


(AKA The Wonderbolt's Theme):raritywink:

Meanwhile, the Wonderbolts had sprung into action and were taking down Vehicon drone after Vehicon drone in the skies above. Remember when I said they were a branch of Equestria's Navy? Well, this just proved it. Spitfire smirked as she used her wings to shear off a drone's own right wing and make it collide with another in a big explosion.

"Heh, this is just like the old days! Shame Powerglide's not here, it would only complete the picture." Spitfire laughed at the memory, which had rapidly become on her favorites.

"Ah well, there's plenty enough for me to go round, and if I wanted I could throw in little bets with Soarin on who can take down the most if I was feeling competitive." Spitfire chuckled, but she knew there was no time for competition, not anymore when there were ponies in danger and it was for now (At least until the Royal Guard or the Autobots showed up) their responsibility to deal with this mess.

"Okay, I must admit this is almost as good as showing off. Almost." Fleetfoot commented as she flew under a drone to let under that was chasing her hit the first head on and meet in a explosion.

KA-BOOM!

"Now now, don't get too cocky "Flatfoot"!" Soarin laughed as he and Surprise, a white coated pony with a golden mane, flew around several drones fast enough for them to be swept up in a whirlwind.

"Slowpoke." Right..." Surprise sarcastically drawled remembering her own nickname. "Yeah, well earned name for me after this. I'm so getting it changed."

"Don't bet on it, not after how you were late to lunch that one day!" Misty Fly retorted only for Surprise to stick out her tongue at her teammate while Fleetfoot replied to Soarin with a "Cocky, me? Never!"

Spitfire chuckled, her team may have acted like children to one another half the time but they were all family to each other, even if not by blood and had the best job in the world and she was NOT going to let any soon to be cybernetic scrapheaps wreck either of those things. Not while she still drew a breath and had strength in her wings.

While Spitfire was musing to herself, she failed to see Skywarp transform back to jet mode after seeing her and figuring out she was the Wonderbolt leader. Soarin's eyes widened when he noticed the distinct black and purple form fly past him like... well, a jet.

"Spitfire, behind you!" He shouted, forgoing the usual team nicknames because of his concern for his friend.

"Clipper, what is-" Spitfire responded, only for her own eyes to widen as she saw Skywarp's approaching form and she cursed several times with words that would make a sailor blush. She'd been so foolish, she'd completely forgotten about the fact that there were more then just Vehicon drones around and there was a chance one of their leaders would take notice of them wrecking their property.

Skywarp smirked, his targeting sensors had her in his sights. "I have you now..." He mused to himself in presumed victory before crying out "Heat seeking missiles, seek heat!"

PA-WHOOM! The missile went as it zoomed towards it's target. Spitfire tried all sorts of daring aerial maneuvers to try and out-pace the missile or at least make it hit another Vehicon but no dice. Luck was not on her side today. Or it turned out to be when Swoop in dino form came out of nowhere and shot the missile down with one of his own.

"Me Swoop say, no killing Wonderbolts today!" The filer exclaimed, transformed and jumped on top of Skywarp and rode him like a bucking bronco.

"Hey, get off me!" Skywarp roared in fury only for Swoop to laugh.

"Say uncle, and me not shove nose up afterburner!" Swoop replied with a grin. Skywarp growled at him, but when he saw they were heading for the stands he finally relented and let out several cries.

"UNCLE! UNCLE!" He shouted, and Swoop got off but that didn't mean he didn't redirect Skywarp towards something else and the Decepticon crash-landed right where Swoop wanted with the Dinobot musing to himself that "Huh, didn't even know they had uncles."

Thundercracker snarled at the defeat of his comrade and transformed to jet mode and took to the skies to join the battle. His name was well earned, as his engines were one of the loudest of any Decepticon jet. He had his nose set right on Swoop and his missiles locked, but then he felt someone else targeting him. A quick check of his rear sensors revealed it was Powerglide, also in jet form.

"Uh uh, can't let you do that!" Powerglide mocked only to have a cloud of some smoke created by Thundercracker obscure his vision. He couldn't tell which way was up or down and the smoke somehow stuck to him like glue, probably due to whatever chemical mixture was responsible for it's creation in the first place.

Thundercracker laughed to himself. No flier had ever met up with his smoke and came out in one piece from the inevitable crash that resulted.

Sadly, his smugness was soon gone like the wind as Rainbow Dash appeared and with a Sonic Rainboom blew the smoke away and Powerglide "Thanked" Thundercracker for his gift by blasting one of his wings with a laser and sending him spiraling out of control and crashing into the ground below nose-first.

"You know, I KNOW I'm supposed to love and tolerate but with you guys I think I'll make a exception." Rainbow laughed.


Starscream, leader of the Decepticon aerial forces allowed himself a smirk. Victory was assured, despite how valiantly the ponies and Autobots fought (Even he had to give them credit for sheer bravery, or was it stupidity?) it was useless as they were horrendously outnumbered and outmatched by the sheer hoards of Insecticon clones that were about to arrive any second now.

Then, Starscream heard it. A loud noise so distinctive it cut over all the other sounds of the fighting. It came in two sharp blasts, and the Seeker's eyes widened in fear.

HONK! HONK!

For a brief moment, Starscream guessed this was Optimus Prime and he felt terror but then he remembered he hadn't seen Optimus anywhere and relaxed for a moment. That brief moment of calm was replaced by horror when Starscream remembered there was another bot who turned into a semi truck and was as almost as dangerous as Optimus.

He was soundly proven right when the stark white truck cab of Ultra Magnus burst through a wall sending bits of it everywhere even as Starscream and the Insecticons fired laser blast after laser blast but all to no effect, or if it had any it wasn't shown at all as missiles flew from Magnus's trailer and took down Bombshell and Kickback with one barrage.

Then, with a shifting of parts Ultra Magnus transformed to robot mode and his feet landed on the stadium's grass with a mighty THUD as their owner crossed his arms.

"Now, are we going to resolve this peacefully or do we have to resort to more... drastic measures?" Ultra Magnus asked, although he already figured he knew the answer.

He wasn't disappointed when Starscream shouted "Shrapnel, get him!" and purple bolts of electricity arced from Shrapnel's pincers turned prongs and flew right towards the Autobot Second-In-Command, who stood unfazed.

"Now THIS I can deal with." He smirked and detached his missile launchers and combined them with his twin rifles to form a mighty hammer which Magnus gripped tightly.

"Now, you want to see some real lightning? I can provide THAT." He growled and storm clouds gathered and swirled as if by sheer force of will only for a lightning bolt to come down and hit the Magnus Hammer only to get redirected towards the two remaining Decepticons and knock them down.

Groaning, Starscream and Shrapnel slowly got back up but they knew it was over now that Ultra Magnus had joined the fight. Starscream felt rage, humiliation. THIS was supposed to be HIS victory, a destruction of a national landmark just to get back into Megatron's good graces after he'd let those three Element Bearers escape, but no! Just no, as the Autobots had to have shown up and spoiled everything as usual!

Starscream shouted "Decepticons, retreat! There will be another day!" and any Vehicon who was still functioning along with the rest of Starscream's trine and the Insecticons picked themselves up and pulled themselves together and took off into the sky.

As they watched, Spitfire and Powerglide highfived, the day was won and once again the Decepticons had been shown it was never a good idea to mess with either a pony or a Autobot.


In the skies somewhere above Equestria...

Starscream meanwhile was currently having a argument with Megatron over the radio. Needless to say, he was not happy.

"YOU WHAT!?! Why in the pit's name did you call off the attack and tell the clones to turn back!?!" Megatron's voice roared and Starscream tried to stammer out a explanation.

"W-Well, there were A-Autobots and then there were the P-" He whimpered but Megatron just ignored what he deemed to be excuses in his own mind.

"You know what? I don't care. When you get back to base, you and I are going to have a little talk..." Megatron growled out and Starscream swallowed hard...

Author's Note:

Okay, first off... Happy Fourth of July to my American fans! Well, to be honest and this is a bit embarrassing really I wanted to release another chapter of my story Frightmare Night or my Scootabelle fic but neither really has been started on for their next chapter and this was finished so it got released instead. Anyways, looks like Starscream's in for it now huh? (If anyone can spot all the G1 and pop culture gags you get a cookie from me.)

Okay, so while I was writing the scene with Ultra Magnus's big entrance (Admit it, you cheered.) I had THIS playing in my head:

Bios you want? Then bios you shall get!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Insecticon_(G1)

And not sure if I've already given you these, but if I have here they are again!:twilightsheepish:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thundercracker_(G1)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skywarp_(G1)