• Published 20th May 2016
  • 4,454 Views, 86 Comments

Grimlock, Dinobot... and father? - The Bricklayer



Grimlock: Leader of the Dinobots and the one any sane Decepticon fears. Also, he's now a... father to three little fillies? Oh boy.

  • ...
6
 86
 4,454

Part 5: Camping with Dinobots Equals Chaos

Neighvada, Raging Rapids River

"Yahoo!" Scootaloo cheered as she and the other two members of the CMC, along with Babs Seed were tossed around in their raft by the rapids as they careened through a canyon river. A few days before, Apple Bloom's cousin Braeburn had invited the group along on his annual yearly trip to Neighvada. After much begging and more puppy dog eyes from Sweetie, the CMC and Babs had been allowed to go... With one condition. Namely, four Autobots had to go along as chaperones, one for each filly. Those unlucky souls were Hoist, Snarl, Sludge and Swoop. In Snarl's case, he was less then pleased.

"This is so beneath me. Babysitting!" Snarl growled as he and his comrades were tossed around in a Autobot sized raft designed by none other then Wheeljack.

"I don't know... Me Swoop say this kinda fun!" Swoop exclaimed as the raft just barely missed a huge rock.

"Me Sludge going to be sick..." Sludge moaned as he covered his mouth.

"Oh no you don't mate! Just hold it in!" Hoist yelled in fear. Scootaloo called out to them from up ahead.

"Isn't this the greatest?" The young pegasus filly yelled in excitement. "If only Rainbow Dash could see me now! This is so right up her alley!"

Sweetie Belle covered her mouth and looked rather green. Like Sludge, this wasn't really for her and she was getting sick from being bashed around in the rapids.

"You and her are real peas in a pod, aren't you?" Sweetie Belle replied. "She'd enjoy this more then I do right now, that's for sure."

Braeburn chuckled. Beside him sat the final pony who'd come along, Braeburn's best friend Soarin Skies of the Wonderbolts. The two had become fast friends and pen pals after a Wonderbolts show had come to Appleloosa. Some, including Applejack and Spitfire suspected they might be more but neither Soarin or Braeburn were saying a word about if it was true or not.

"Don't y'all worry, this ride's almost over. But there's one last little obstacle for us to overcome before the river goes and settles down." Braeburn called over the rushing river. He and Soaring shared a look, up ahead lay a small set of waterfalls. A grin soon came to both of their faces as they looked back at the fillies.

"Oh no!" Braeburn and Soaring chorused. "It's the Falls of Doom!"

Scootaloo cheered while Babs, Sweetie and Apple Bloom held each other and trembled as they went over...


Later, at the riverside...

"I hate you." Sweetie Belle grumbled as she finally hit dry land which nearby Apple Bloom was kissing and hugging while Babs watched with a embarrassed look at her cousin's actions. In front of them lay a large forest. "Did you have to pick the roughest rapids you could find?"

"Well, we wanted you to get the full Neighvada experience." Soarin said. As a Neighvada native, he was very proud of his place of birth.

"Ya could have done that without those rapids." Apple Bloom retorted. Braeburn rubbed her head affectionately.

"Relax, it wasn't that bad."

"Speak for yourself." Apple Bloom replied. Braeburn sighed to himself sadly. He, like Soarin just wanted the four fillies and their chaperones to have the time of their lives here.

"I promise, we won't be doing anything as rough on you as that anymore on this little excursion." Soarin said with a reassuring smile. "Hoof over heart. Tonight, we'll be sleeping under the stars and roasting marshmellows!" He said excitetidly, reminding anypony of who looked at him of a little colt.

"Ooh, me Swoop can get behind that!" The Dinobot said excitedly.

"I must admit, it has a certain rustic charm about it." Hoist said, the mostly green tow-truck Autobot's clean and crisp English accent distinguishing him from everypony else.

"Yeah, I know! Marshmellows are great aren't they?" Soarin said, still with that same grin. "Only thing better is pie! Hmm, I wonder if you could make marshmellows into pie...?" He wondered. Braeburn facehoofed. Sometimes his friend's obsession with pies really scared him.

"Just stick with us though, y'all don't want to be picked off by... Him." Braeburn said ominiously.

"W-Who's him?" Babs asked nervously, not really sure if she wanted to know. Soarin chuckled darkly as he and Braeburn shared a significant look between them.

"The Slendermane." Soaring finished, and a distinct chill came over the group till Babs broke it with a shout of disbelief.

"Youse is surely joking, man! The Slendermane is just a story!" Babs scoffed, although if you looked close she was beginning to tremble.

"He might be, but ponies have been known to disappear in this very forest." Braeburn said. In actuality, he and Soarin were just pulling the fillies legs but they didn't know that.

"W-Who's the Slendermane?" Sludge asked nervously.

"I'll tell you... Later tonight." Braeburn replied ominiously before he became more cheerful. "Let's get moving, long ways to go if want we reach the campsite before sunset!"


My House:

There I was, typing away at my computer at my desk as thunder rumbled outside from a rain shower created by a local tropical storm. This was Florida after all and it was the beginning of the yearly Hurricane Season. A figurine of Generations Brainstorm sat nearby in robot mode. Suddenly, there was a flash of light and I whirled around only to see Discord with a decidedly unimpressed look on his face. I'd heard of charicters coming to other authors from fanfics, but those were just that... Fanfics. I never believed it could happen in real life!

"H-How in Celestia's name are you here?" I sputtered in disbelief.

"Hello? God of Chaos!" Discord replied proudly with a smirk. "Breaking the fourth wall is my thing! You've made me do it before." Discord said, and I admitted he had me there as I'd made him do it in my story "Shattered Mirror". Discord continued, still looking annoyed at me.

"But let's talk more about YOU! Really, the Slendermane thing? What next, are you going to have old Prime-style Slenderwave appear?" Discord asked sarcastically as he crossed his arms and I blushed as I knew he had me. Discord smirked at my blush.

"Thought so. How would that work in a manner that made sense anyway?" Discord questioned, and I gaped at him. He himself once asked what fun there was in making sense for crying out loud!

"Do something better, OR ELSE!" Discord yelled as he used his paw to make the "I'm watching you" gesture before snapping his fingers Q style and vanishing exactly the same way he'd come in here in the first place. I groaned, the beginnings of a nasty headache had just come on. Now I knew how Captain Jean-Luc Picard felt when dealing with Q.


Neighvada, later that night...

Finally, the group reached the campsite which was in a forest clearing. A owl hooted, as the stars began to appear one by one overhead and twinkle in the rapidly turning to night sky.

"So... Uh, Me Swoop asks if any of you have ever set up a tent before?" The only Dinobot flier questioned, and received two stares.

"You do realize we can just power down and rest in vehicle or beast mode right mate?" Hoist replied in a dry, sarcastic tone which Swoop seemed to have missed.

"Me want full camping experience!" Swoop exclaimed cheerfully causing Snarl to facepalm in disgust at his comrade.

"Me think you more idiotic then Sludge!" Snarl snapped which Sludge nodded along with until he realized what he was agreeing with and looked offended. Then Babs called out for help as she and the CMC tried to set up their tent. Somehow, the tent had landed on top of them.

"Hey, as soon as youse band of idiots stop arguing could ya come and help us out? Jeepers, this is difficult!" Babs complained, and hearing her Hoist walked over.

"Relax, I have studied the science of tent set up before we left. It shall be easy." Hoist said confidently, but he soon found out it wasn't so as he and Swoop tried to put in the poles that held up the tent. For the next few minutes shouting and Cybertronian curses not fit for a filly's ears could be heard.

"No no! This one goes there, that one goes there!"

"No, me Swoop say it doesn't go that way! Me Swoop sure of it in fact!"

"Oh, you're sure? I have more intellect then you!"

Babs watched and soon found herself facehoofing. She knew she should have just asked Braeburn...


Eventually, the tents were set up and a fire had been created and was going strong. Everypony sat on logs roasting marshmellows while the Autobots sat nearby in their alternate modes. Currently, Soarin was in the middle of the story of the Slendermane. He'd warned everyone and everypony it would be scary, but all three of the CMC and Babs begged him to tell it. They'd soon regret their choice.

"So, as it goes in this very forest anypony who wanders off takes the grave risk of being grabbed by the Slender's tentacles and ripped apart. Most don't believe in him, but I'll tell you different. I was with this one pony, and he wandered off. Next thing I knew, I heard a scream and found him the next morning ripped to shreds. So I am warning you now, whatever you do DO NOT go any further into this forest and stick to the paths... Otherwise you will regret it very dearly." Soaring finished, and by the end even Scootaloo was trembling in fear. Braeburn suddenly yawned.

"Well, time to turn in for the night. Sleep tight!" He said cheerfully. When the CMC and Babs scrambled into their tent, they cuddled up for protection and couldn't fall asleep fast enough...


A few days later, as Braeburn and Soarin chatted over lunch at a café in Ponyville suddenly there was a loud roaring sound and Grimlock ripped the door off the café and glared harshly at them. Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow were on top of his back.

"W-What is it Mr Grimlock sir?" Soarin asked nervously.

"You and I need to talk about a certain story you told four little fillies..."

Soarin and Braeburn gulped and held each other in fear.



END

Author's Note:

First off, I apologize for the negative Soarin and Braeburn portrayls here. I actually enjoy their canon selves, but for the chapter to work they had to be sorta jerks.

So, yeah I broke the fourth wall and had a author insert scene guest starring Discord..:derpytongue2: Rage at me if you wish, I know I deserve it but I had to make this chapter longer somehow. Anyways, I made the obligatory Soundwave/Slenderman reference. ...Wonder if this is a sign I'm running out of jokes?:applejackunsure:

Also, a big shout out to Sudoku Brony for telling me the correct spelling of Soarin and to leave off the K contrary to what I thought.

More bios for Hoist, Snarl and Swoop:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hoist_(G1)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Swoop_(G1)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Snarl_(G1)