• Published 15th May 2016
  • 3,367 Views, 121 Comments

Team Friendship 2 - Carnival



It's just an average day at Teufort, when suddenly an unexplainable phenomenon occurs! Legends tell of the nine warriors, who will one day approach Equestria and save it from the powers of evil.

  • ...
5
 121
 3,367

Flow Fire Flow

The pyro felt as if she had been walking for many hours, when in reality, it was only one. She took multiple breaks, and felt overheated in her suit. At one point the heat overwhelmed her so much that she pulled the suit off and stuffed it into her bags. She's surrounded in fire constantly but sometimes the heat was just too much. She slapped her goggles back on and stared up at the column of wild colors, feeling her enery replenish itself. She just HAD to get there, and soon. Pyro glanced back at herself and noticed the strange colorful flame cutie mark that she posessed. She grinned and giggled happily, coughing up a bit of smoke. It was nice, she decided, to get out of that suit and breathe in the fresh air. Alright Pyro, time to continue on.

She trotted across the ground, kicking small rocks across the ground with each step. She liked her creamy orange fur and the way her fiery red and orange curly mane and tail bounced as she moved. She learned quickly how to make fireworks with her horn as well as use her tail to operate her flameflower as usual. Pyro didn't really mind not having hands anymore, she was thouroughly enjoying herself now as a pony.

However, Demo wasn't. He was chased by wolves made of branches, a chicken-lizard, and a strange amalgamate of a tiger, snake, and goat. He had been running all day long and didn't even know where he was. Demo only wanted to find his friends and get out of this strange land...

~~~

"Well Medic, the rain is coming down pretty hard huh?!"

Junebug and Medic had crowded themselves both into the small wagon parked carefully on the side of the road. A massive rainstorm suddenly blew in, halting their journey.

"Ja, Ms. Junebug... How long do you suppose it vill be raining? It is really putting a damper on things... Literally..."

"But that's okay! We can do what ponies always do when we're in a bad mood?"

Medic suddenly got an overwhelming feeling of dread as his mind began swimming through the possibilities of what she might mean. Random music began playing from seemingly nowhere.

"Vhat ze hell...?"

Junebug took a deep breath, and Medic flattened his ears against his head.

"We're in the rain... Stuck under the wagon sheild. We're in the rain... Not some big and open field! In the rain. In the rain. I'm singing. In... In the rain. In the rain. I'm singing. In... In the rain. In the rain. I'm singing. In... In the rain. In the rain. I'm singing. In... Your turn!"

"In the rain... I'm stuck in zis freezing rain... Singing vis you... I vish my death vill come soon..."

Medic repeated singinging as Junebug repeated her verse.

"And zis is crazy... vhere is zis music even from???" (To the tune of this lovely song http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/track/jazzy-frenchy )

Junebug giggled and rolled onto her back. That wasn't so hard, now was it?! Your accent is really funny to listen to, you know."

"Gee, thanks, it's not like I can change ze way I talk."

"No no I mean it in a good way! Your accent is very attractive!"

The medic felt his face get warmer. Was a cartoon horse really flirting with him right now? Or maybe all ponies were just this friendly?? When Junebug inched closer to him, Medic decided that she was definitely being a little bit... TOO friendly. He didn't really want to spend any time in that rain, so he dealt with her slow approaches. A few minutes later, Junebug was close enough that Medic could feel her breath. He pushed as far back as he could against the edge of the small covered wagon, allowing his medigun to hang loosely out in the rain. Junebug made a "ready to pounce" face, but before she could do anything else, Medic was violently yanked from the wagon and dragged into the rain while screaming, unable to see what nabbed him.

On the other side of Equestria, Pyro was making some decent progress. She estimated another three hours or so of walking until she could reach that beautiful, beautiful column of color... Everytime she looked back up at the magnificent spiral, she felt as if her energy was replenishing itself. She stopped momentarily to pull her mask back on. Pyro began whistling a tune that was familiar to her, and started to skip along the dirt ground.

Scout, Rainbow Dash, Sniper, and Engineer had a lengthy discussion about the strange magic that they were supposed to be fighting. Upon hearing the description of the alicorn who was casting the said magic, the RED ponies had an immediate realization of who they might be up against.

"Sniper, if ah set up the other teleporter here, do ya think you can go back and get yer huntsman?"

"Don't see why not. Might also be able to grab Pauling."

"Havin' her here would be nice, but ah don't know if we should drag her into somethin' like this..."

"Only if she's around, mate."

Rainbow watched, curious, as Engineer dropped a metal case to the ground. The case opened up to a small metal machine, slowly retracting itself.

"Teleporter goin' up!"

He dragged his wrench out with his tail and started repeatedly banging on the thing.

"Why is he...?"

"That's how he builds it up faster, Sheila. It makes the process much easier."

The teleporter whirs to life, glowing their signature bright red. Engineer explains to Scout and Dash how he and Sniper were going to teleport to the other side. Engineer was going to move the teleporter to the most secure place there, then he and Sniper would grab the team's other weapons.

Scout then had to explain to Rainbow how the teleporter worked, and why various bread items were shot out as the two stallions returned. Both travelled back and forth, returning with weapon after weapon. They figured that the best place to store the weapons and teleporter was in the burrow, which they dug even deeper. Engie also constructed a protective layer above their items and the teleporter, so that none of it would be harmed. Rainbow Dashed watched how effortlessly the Engineer built all of these things. Engie noticed her questioning glances, and smiled warmly at her.

"Ah do this every single day, ma'am. It's part of mah job to know exactly what to do, what needs to go where, and how it needs to get done. It's all part of what ah do."

Rainbow glanced at Sniper and asked, "So what do you do?"

"Live by three rules, Sheila. Be polite, be effecient, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

"O-Oh.."

"I sit up in the most uncomfortable nests all day, every day, scoping out the enemy team. I'm more of a support class, Sheila. Not into much action."

"'Till he gets out that huntsman of his. Then Snipes goes nuts with arrows."

"Shut it, Scout.