• Published 8th May 2016
  • 234 Views, 6 Comments

The Crystal Song - CosmicDreamerWrites



Upon finding a book in the Crystal Empire, Cadence soon discovers the true fall of the Tyrant King Sombra. And a way to save Equestria from a dark force through one pony's voice.

  • ...
 6
 234

Chapter 1: The Discovery

It had been many months since the curse was lifted from the Crystal Empire and had seemed to long forget the rule of the Shadow Tyrant. All of the crystal ponies were happy as ever since the Crystal Heart was returned to its rightful place: under the protection and care of the Alicorn of Love.

But not everypony was thought everything was back as it should be.

The sun was just beginning to rise over the land and the light pink princess was silently staring up at the early morning sky as if it would speak to her and tell her the secrets of the world. When something touched the young alicorn's back. The princess yelped in surprise and quickly turned around ready to defend herself against whatever it was.

"Woah! Cadence, honey" said the blue maned unicorn stallion as he put his hooves in the air to show surrender.

Cadence looked at her husband, Shining Armor, with shock not believing she almost attacked him. "Shining! I-I'm sorry. I didn’t know it was you.."

Shining Armor nuzzled his head against Cadence's neck. "It's alright. I'm the one who should be sorry, not you." Shining armor sat down next to his wife and looked at her with worry. "What's wrong? You seem very tense. Is it because you couldn't sleep? You were pacing back and forth all last night."

Cadence sighed and sat down next looking towards the horizon. "No. It's not that. Not really. I… Found something last night… that could be urgent. I'm not entirely sure."

"Have you told the princesses about it?"

Shining Armor asked. "Wait. What DID you find?"

Princess Cadence turned to look at Shining Armor. "Well, you know how I was in the Castle Library yesterday re-cataloging the books right?"

Shining Armor nodded, "Yes, I remember"

"I came across some sort of ..diary. I've never seen it before ever! It wasn't on the list of books from when the library was last cataloged. It's almost like it came from thin air!" Cadence stared at the ground and started to scuff up the ground with her hooves.

"Cadence? ...What is it?" Shining asked with concern in his vice as he put his right hoof on her shoulder. "You always do that with your hooves whenever you're worried or scared. I would know, I'm your husband. But whatever it is that's making you worried, you can always tell me."

"But Shining.…It wasn’t just an ordinary diary.." The Alicorn of Love looked up at her beloved husband with fear. It was a diary from one thousand years ago!"

"You found King Sombra's Diary?!" the Prince of the Crystal Empire exclaimed, horrified.

"No.…It's not the tyrannical King's. I don’t know whose it is. But there was some sort of emblem on it. I've never seen it before in my life, so I sent word to the princesses last night to see if they can come here to take a look at it." Princess Cadence looks back up at the now blue sky. "They should be here soon. "

"Will Twilight be here as well?" Shining Armor asked. Cadence giggled softly, "Yes, I believe so. I know she wouldn't pass up the chance to see an ancient book."

Shining Armor smiles "That's my Twily."

~About an hour later~

Out in the distance, two golden chariots were flying towards the Crystal Empire. In one of the chariots was a tall while Alicorn with a long flowing pastel mane and tail, wearing a gold crown and necklace with a purple jewel in each. Sitting next to the white alicorn was a smaller alicrn with a dark blue coat with a starry night mane and tail. The blue alicorn wore a black tiara and necklace with a crescent moon in it. In the second chariot was a lavender alicorn with a bluish purple mane and tail with light and dark stripes of purple in them. Sitting beside the young alicorn princess was a baby dragon who was talking happily with the purple princess. Several minutes passed and the chariots had landed in the center of the Empire near the Crystal Heart. The three princesses stepped out of the chariots and started to walk towards the castle while the baby dragon tried to keep up. Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor walk towards the group. And as soon as the lavender alicorn saw Cadence, she cantered towards her beloved foal-sitter.

"Cadence!" Twilght exclaimed happily.

"Twilight!" Candence smiled. "Sunshine, sunshine! Ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake!!" Both said in unison and giggled afterwards. The white alicorn chuckles at this, while the dark blue alicorn looked at the younger princesses perplexed.

"Greetings Princess Cadence" Said the white princess of the Sun.
Princess Cadence welcome the group, " Aunt Celestia and Luna, Twilight" She smiled at the young dragon "And Spike, welcome! I apologize for you coming here so early and on such short notice. I… I did not know who else to turn to" She said sadly.

"It is alright my dear Cadence, there is nothing wrong with asking for help, we are here for you." said the Sun Princess trying to reassure the young princess.

"Yeah Cadence! We are here for you! But I do have a question." said Twilight. "What is this about? I read in the letter you sent me that you found something that is urgent. You were vague, but what is it?"

"We were wondering the same thing" said Princess Luna. Cadence sighed and spoke softly. "The thing I found was a book"

"A book? That’s what this is all about?" said Spike a bit mad. Twilight smacked Spike in the back of the head to shush him, she was frowning, disappointed in him.

Cadence looked at the dragon not to happy with his comment, "Yes, a book. But before I saw anymore on it, how we all go inside. You all must be exhausted from your trip"

The Princess of the Night nods. "Agreed, I am not used to being up during the day"

Shining Armor, Spike and the four princesses began to head inside of the Crystal Palace, oblivious of the dark storm clouds slowly heading towards the Empire.

Author's Note:

I wrote this back in 2014 and never touched it since til today. So please be gentle. I've never written big before