• Published 7th May 2016
  • 4,660 Views, 1,953 Comments

Ratchet and Clank: The Starlight of Solana - Blackdrag-rose



Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer grow up alongside Ratchet on Veldin, where they begin an epic journey to save the galaxy.

  • ...
28
 1,953
 4,660

PreviousChapters Next
Deadlocked: Kronos

Ratchet and Starlight watched the other contestants clear out their own courses throughout the rest of Sarathos, where they both enjoyed watching each hero take out whatever Vox had thrown at them and taking some satisfaction in the fact that the person that had captured them was likely fuming because none of them had fallen yet. They knew that many of the other heroes were being inspired by what they were doing, which was why the others had done much better in this course than the previous planet. This ensured that they were all prepared for whatever Vox was going to throw at them on planet Kronos, though there was one thing that everyone else on the ship was anxious for at the moment; Sunset's venture to the planet in the name of Team Darkstar.

The announcement was apparently spreading like wildfire, because everyone on the ship, be they one of the contestants or one of the few guards assigned to watch over them, knew about the up coming fight and was talking about it among themselves. Those that watched the news, and knew about Sunset's abilities, were betting on her decimating whatever was waiting for her at Kronos and earning her freedom in one instant. Those that didn't pay attention to the news, and there were quite a few of those people, decided to betting that the Dreadzone course could claim Sunset's life, as if they didn't believe that her title meant anything. Ratchet felt somewhat sorry for those that believed that Sunset couldn't live up to her reputation, because they were about to have their realities broken before their eyes.

Hydro Girl, one of the other heroes that had been captured and forced into the arena, approached the two of them and took a seat next to them, but they both knew that she was curious about something.

"Are the stories about your sister true?" Hydro Girl asked, though Ratchet could detect a hint of nervousness in her voice, as if she was afraid that everything she had heard was the truth.

"Depends on which stories you are referring to," Ratchet replied, but one look into her eyes told him that she was referring to every story that she must have seen before being captured by Vox, "Yes, the stories about Sunset destroying Koros, creating a cataclysm in Metropolis City, and nearly shattering Yeedil in the Bogon Galaxy, as well as anything else you might have heard, are all true."

"By the Maker!" Hydro Girl exclaimed, looking away for a moment, as if she was trying to calm herself down, "I heard that she was responsible for breaking multiple worlds, but I always thought they were meant to make us heroes work to preserve peace in the universe, least that actually happen to our planets. To think that someone with the power to end an entire planet, and create cataclysms on multiple other worlds, actually exists in the universe... what was Vox thinking when he kidnapped her?"

"He didn't catch her by surprise if that's what your thinking." Starlight said, keeping her gaze on the other heroes and not the one that was sitting next to the two of them, "She was resting aboard that ship that my brother and I were in control of, as a favor for the President of the Solana Galaxy, so there was no fighting for her when the guards got to her. When we awoke we were told that we would have to take part of the Dreadzon course, otherwise the cell that Sunset was locked in would explode. Now, however, Vox is willingly calling Sunset into the arena, so now everyone can see what she is capable of doing with her current level of power."

"How... how much power does she have?" Hydro Girl asked, though it was painfully clear that she was scared after what she had heard, not that Starlight or Ratchet could blame her at all.

"We are unsure of that," Starlight admitted, through she felt a bit of sweat roll down the side of her had for a moment, as if she was afraid of even considering what her sister was capable of doing with her full power, "but all of my calculations have brought me to the conclusion that she's only used eighty-five percent of her full potential so far... so that is what you'll be seeing tomorrow."

Hydro Girl nodded her head and rose from her seat, to which she walked over to where she was supposed to be sitting and took the seat that the guards had given her. Most heroes either remained in their designated sitting areas when the others were running their courses or they were sitting with the others, watching the Dreadzone episode as it happened below them. Right now they were trying to act as if tomorrow was going to be a normal day for all of them, but so far the news that none of them would be heading to Kronos had shocked them. Sunset was going to be the only one on the ship when it departed from the station tomorrow, though Starlight was hoping to gleam some information on where their sister was being held.

She wanted to be ready for the eventual rescue that she and Ratchet would have to go though once they finished dealing with Vox and everything that he could throw at them... though she also knew that Sunset could release herself whenever she decided to do so.

Their return journey to Dreadzone was uneventful, though Starlight did overhear several of the guards mentioning that they would be making a special trip to a planet that they constantly referred to as PX-17, though from how they were talking she had to assume that it was where Sunset was being held. Clearly they were talking in code to prevent them from knowing where their sister was being held, in the off chance that they managed to escape from Vox's hold and took control of the Dreadzone ship that the contestants were carried in. Vox was making sure that they knew that it was impossible for them to escape Dreadzone and find where their sister was being held at the same time, which only made Starlight a little mad at the moment.

Starlight was sure that she would be able to figure out where PX-17 was located, once she had taken care of the collars that she and Ratchet were wearing anyway, and then devise a method to deliver a message to Sunset. Now, however, all she could do was wait for tomorrow like everyone else, where she would be able to see what ruin Vox would be bringing to Kronos.


Sunset let out a sigh as she sat in the Dreadzone ship that was taking her to the planet that Ratchet and Starlight picked out for her, though she was almost completely alone at the moment. The only people that were aboard the ship were the guards that had escorted her out of the cell she had been trapped inside every since she had woken up. There was Eve as well, as she wanted to see how Sunset preformed up close for herself, after learning more about the other God of Destruction, and tell the announcers about what she would be wearing the entire time. They had both come to the conclusion that someone was going to ask about the clothing that Sunset was wearing, so they figured that Eve could tell them about it and end the matter with ease.

Eve sat near Sunset and tried to go over what obstacles that Vox might throw at her when she landed, though in reality Sunset was half listening to her at the moment, as it truly didn't matter what was waiting for her on Kronos.

"Still not excited for the fight?" Eve asked, looking up from the long list that was on her tablet at the moment and finding that Sunset wasn't even looking in her direction this time.

"There is nothing to be excited about," Sunset replied, crossing her arms and closing her eyes for the moment, "I'm only doing this because Vox has been pushed into a corner by the people who watch this show... and because my siblings have faith in my abilities. It will be a simple matter to clear my way through whatever objectives the course has, defeat Shellshock, and get the Green Metal that Ratchet and Starlight need so that they can move further in the tournament."

"So you say," Eve commented, though she turned her head towards the door that was separating them and guards at the moment, to which she noticed that it was opening up, "Here comes the guards."

Sunset turned her head towards the door for a moment and opened her left eye for a few seconds, taking notice of the fact that two of the guards were walking their way. She had noticed that the ship's rocking had stopped while she and Eve had been talking, which meant that they had to have arrived at their destination, though she made no move to get up just yet. She wanted to be sure that they were actually at Planet Kronos before she departed from the ship, though she had the feeling that she would find out the truth soon enough.

"We have arrived at Planet Kronos," one of the guards said, beckoning to the nearby teleport pad for a moment, "The announcers are awaiting your arrival."

Sunset sighed and pulled herself out of her seat, pausing for a moment to make sure that her clothing was straight before she even thought of approaching the teleport pad. Once she was sure that she was prepared, and that Eve was ready to give the announcers the description on what Sunset was wearing, she walked into the pad and teleported down to the planet's surface. From what she could tell Vox had set up quite the course for the contestants to run through before they could reach Shellshock, but she knew that none of that would be left standing once she was through with the course.

"Folks, we are here live from the planet of Kronos, where Commander Shellshock and his army have taken over the city," Dallas called out from his floating platform, "Normally I would be speaking about the contestants and their odds at completing the course, though this time luck may be on Team Darkstar's side. Today their sister, the infamous Goddess of Destruction, will be tackling the course for them and facing everything that they would have been facing. Those of you that know of the Yeedil Episode, the near destruction of Metropolis, and the complete obliteration of Koros will be wondering what will happen here today... and let me tell you, I have no idea what's going to happen today.

May I present to you all, across the universe, Sunset Shimmer!"

Sunset walked out into the open and crossed her arms behind her back, letting them all take in the appearance that she had chosen for this 'special event' as Vox called it. To the untrained eye she appeared to be a cross between a pony and a humanoid creature, as her legs ended in hooves that weren't covered in shoes or anything else. She happened to be wearing a black pair of baggy pants that covered the area between her waist and her ankles, though at the top of her pants rested a blue sash that wrapped around her waist. There was also a piece of cloth that came out of her sash and came to a stop near her knees, with a point at the end, though the color of the addition was the same color of Sunset's fur while the three diamonds that were on it were lavender colored.

On the upper section of her body was a piece of clothing that wrapped around her chest, though on top of it rested a collar that was wrapped around her neck. The collar had several stripes that mimicked the color of Sunset's fur, while the diamond that rested in the middle of it all, and rested directly in front of her neck, mimicked the coloration of the other three diamonds. Sunset also had two golden bracelets, easily thinner than the one that she had been wearing a long time ago, on both of her wrists, completing the appearance that Eve was going for when she created the clothing for her.

Sure, Sunset was basically mimicking Beerus the Destroyer, but her new look might make everyone think twice about angering her or underestimating her abilities in the future.

"So this is the Goddess of Destruction?" Dallas asked, sounding unimpressed by what he was seeing, "I guess we'll be seeing a swift end to this course folks..."

"Oh shut up Dallas, before you piss her off." Juanita snapped, turning her attention to her partner for a moment, before facing the course once more, "I, for one, would like to stay alive. Sunset Shimmer, you may begin when you are ready!"

Sunset walked forward and spotted two enemies coming her way, though the moment they opened fire on her she simply started to dodge their attacks as she zeroed in on where they were standing. Before they even had time to react to her getting close to them, and fire at her, she swung her left leg into the one that was on her left, shattering his armor like it was made of paper. That was swiftly followed by her delivering a similar kick to the other soldier's chest, breaking his armor and shattering several of his ribs in the process, before she spun around and kicked down of them off the walkway she was on. Not once did she bother to use her hands, because at the moment she didn't feel like overpowering anyone with her powers, which would damage the area around her.

She moved forward and found some of the smaller enemies that her siblings had faced on Sarathos were on this planet as well, along with the addition of some sort of flying spinning blade enemy that she hadn't seen before. The smaller enemies weren't hard for her to get rid of, as she kicked at the enemies that were standing in front of her and allowed the wind around her to bend to her will, which sliced the smaller creatures in half. The flying enemies she merely kicked out of the air as she danced around them with a small amount of her power, though when a dropship appeared she kicked the door on its side so hard that she left an imprint of her hoof on the metal as the ship crashed in the water around the platform she was on.

With the enemies taken care of Sunset returned to the platform she had been standing on and resumed her march forward, though she let out a sigh as more enemies leapt out of the water to attack her, which resulted in her trashing them like the previous group. As she stepped onto the second circular platform, however, she noticed something different as something flew through the air and landed in the space in front of her. The newcomer happened to be a humanoid creature that appeared to be made out of metal, almost like what Juanita or Courtney Gears, though at the moment Sunset wondered if it was an enemy or an unsuspected ally.

"Stop right there, 'Goddess of Destruction'," the newcomer commanded, as if he had any authority over her, though Sunset could tell that it had to be male based on the voice that it was using, "I, Warhead, son of the Exterminator Shellshock, shall exterminate you and earn my rightful place at my father's side. I have studied you, ever since you first appeared on Planet Yeedil, and have extensive knowledge on all of your abilities, making me the perfect person to get rid of you."

"If you have such an understanding of what I am capable of doing, then you should know that challenging me is a death wish." Sunset stated, though she made no move to remove her arms from behind her back, "I will say this once; back off and go home... otherwise I cannot be held responsible for what happens to you."

"Fine then, I shall exterminate you and bring an end to Team Darkstar's winning streak," Warhead exclaimed, though that was followed by him bursting through the air and heading straight for where Sunset was standing.

Sunset frowned and moved to the right, allowing her new opponent to fly right passed where she was standing, though she made no move to strike him down just yet. Warhead seemed to realize that she was no longer in front of him, because he turned on some jets that allowed him to reverse his direction, where he kicked at Sunset the moment he was near her again. Once again Sunset merely moved backwards and dodged the attack like it was nothing, which was swiftly followed by Warhead moving around her in a tornado like fashion. She could tell that he was preparing for some sot of attack, though at the moment she wasn't interested in moving away and simply waited for her opponent to finish.

"AXE KICK!" Warhead shouted from above the tornado, to which he flew down to where Sunset was standing and threw his kick at her, though Sunset merely moved out of the way and let his attack come into contact with the floor, shattering the entire platform as she moved into the air around its remains.

Sunset stared down at the platform and noticed a light among the smoke, to which she levitated downwards just a bit as a beam of energy erupted out of the smoke. The beam struck the nearby building behind her and left a burning hole in it, though she swiftly returned her attention to the platform as the smoke cleared. Warhead seemed surprised that she managed to dodge his attacks, though she knew that he shouldn't be if he knew about her abilities... which only told her that he was wasting her time. She let out a sigh as she floated down to where Warhead was standing, to which he burst off of the ground he was standing on and flew right at her, though as he threw his fists at her she merely used her hooves to block all of the attacks.

The ground around them shattered as Sunset blocked all of his attacks, as the force that emitted from her hooves overpowered the amount of energy that was surrounding Warhead's hands, resulting in the small craters that formed beneath them. Eventually Sunset got tired of Warhead's attacks and struck him in the face with the side of her leg, sending him backwards and bringing a pause to the fight. This time he did the smart thing and didn't come at her again, though it was clear that he was trying to figure out a way bypass her defenses and actually hurt her.

"This isn't much of a fight if you keep dodging all my attacks," Warhead commented, as if he was trying to taunt her into attacking him, "Maybe I should step up my game and obliterate you where..."

That was seconds before Sunset flashed in front of him, though that was merely a diversion as he swung his fist at her, only for her to slip behind him with the attack she had prepared. Warhead had seconds to spare before the attack hit its target and he threw himself to the side as Sunset's fist struck the air where he had been standing. Sunset didn't mind the fact that Warhead managed to dodge her attack, because in truth she hadn't been aiming at him the entire time... she only wanted him to think that. This was her special attack, the one that brought about the cataclysm of Yeedil, so when she released the power stored inside her fist the ground around them began to crack and heave as the cataclysm started.

Buildings cracked as her power influenced their structures, breaking the metal that kept them together and tearing the ground around them apart as if they were made of paper. That was followed by pieces of the earth rising out of the water all around them, resulting in jagged points, all of which were a variety of heights, erupting out of the watery depths. Even the walkways that Sunset had been standing on when she stated the course suffered, as it shattered into a thousand pieces that sunk into the water around them. The cracks even reached the cathedral where Shellshock was supposed to be waiting for Sunset, creating a massive crack in the side of the building as the quakes finally came to an end.

With the attack over Sunset returned her hand to behind her back, though she was somewhat pleased that she had shown Warhead that he was outclassed.

"There, now you have seen my power firsthand." Sunset said, staring down at Warhead for a moment, hoping that he would make the smart decision and retreat from the battlefield, "Go home and forget about trying to kill me..."

"Are you kidding me?" Warhead asked, a grin appearing on his metallic face, as if the fact that Sunset revealed her power only made him want to fight her even more than before, "After what you just did to Kronos, the destruction that you brought to this planet, I can't simply let you leave here alive. Tell me; was that your full power, or is there more that you haven't shown me?"

"No, it was not my full power." Sunset stated, letting out a sigh as she realized that she was going to have to get rid of Warhead, "Though at the moment that really shouldn't matter to you at all."

"And what is that supposed to mea..." Warhead started to ask, though that was seconds before Sunset appeared to his left and simply tapped his side with her fist.

Warhead was blown backwards by the force of the punch, which had been hard enough to move him and leave the imprint of Sunset's fist in his side. It was almost as if she was commanding the very elements whenever she attacked someone, but for that to be accurate her horn would have been glowing the entire time she was fighting the first group of enemies. As he corrected himself he gazed at the destruction that had occurred around him when Sunset's first attack barely missed him, remembering the accounts of the Metropolis cataclysm. The people of the city recalled seeing energy wrapping around Sunset's hand before she punched at her target, resulting in the ground shaking, buildings breaking, and the entire world being reshaped.

This had to be a small measure of her true power, though all the realization did for him was make him finally feel the terror that the people of Metropolis had to have felt when their city fell apart around them. There was one last attack he could do, one last ace he could play, but at the moment he had to wonder if his best and final attack would be able to do anything to the Goddess of Destruction.

"Is this little girl giving you trouble?" a heavy voice behind Warhead said, to which he turned around and spotted his father approaching him, though it was clear that his eyes were on Sunset, "Let us exterminate her... together."

"Yes father!" Warhead replied, shaking the fear from his body as he turned his attention back to Sunset, "I still have my trump card left... should I play it now, or wait for later?"

"Use it now." Shellshock answered, flipping open a compartment on his left arm and pressing a few buttons, which Warhead repeated on his own arm, "She will die in a blinding flash of light as our wrath strikes her with all the power we can muster... and the universe will thank us for doing this."

Sunset spotted what they were doing and wondered what the two of them were up to, though that was before she noticed a good dozen missiles launch from wherever they were being held. She glanced around the area and noticed that more missiles were coming towards where she was floating, which basically told he everything that she needed to know about their plan. The father and son duo had prepared a final attack of sorts before her arrival, as it appeared that they were loosing at least fifty missiles at her, almost as if they were expecting the large number of them to take her out. It was amusing that they believed that they could take her out, because so far she had dodged everything that Warhead had thrown at her during their entire fight.

When the missiles came into contact around her there was a blinding explosion that rocked the entire area in her immediate vicinity, causing ripples in the water and shattering several of the rocky spires that had been created by her earlier attack. A few seconds passed before the smoke cleared, though in the end Sunset emerged from the area without even a scratch on he body, indicating that even their best attack was not enough. She then let out a sigh as she pulled her hands out from behind her back and brought them near each other for a moment, to which she gathered some of her energy for an attack that would end the fight in an instant. Once she was ready she raised her hands above her head and pulled them apart, allowing the energy to expand into a large golden sphere of energy that rested just a few inches above her.

"Its been a blast, but now I must end this fight." Sunset shouted down to the robotic duo, which was followed by her throwing the sphere of energy down at where they were standing.

Neither robot moved from where they were standing as the sphere came down upon them, exploding in a fury of energy that tore the ground around them into a thousand pieces. The ripple that the attack created shattered the wall of the nearby cathedral, creating an opening that could be used instead of the method that Vox wanted the contestants to use. When the smoke died down there was a massive crater where Shellshock and Warhead had been standing, though after a few seconds Sunset knew that her time on Kronos was over. She had been tested by Warhead and had revealed a portion of her powers, as well as the amount of damage that came with fighting her for any period of time.

She had won the Green Metal that her siblings needed to move on, though she seriously hoped that Vox got the message and made the smart choice... otherwise she was sure that she would eventually blow him up as well. Sunset crossed her arms behind her back and returned to the Dreadzone ship, knowing that only time would tell if this villain was smarter than the ones she and her family had faced in the past... or if he was dumber than they were.

PreviousChapters Next