• Published 27th Apr 2016
  • 1,448 Views, 0 Comments

Friends Today...Enemies Tomorrow - JusSonic



The secret of a pony that the Mane Six thought was an ally is about to be exposed.

  • ...
6
 0
 1,448

Chapter 03: Surprise Match: Chase VS. Kilik

Chapter 03: Surprise Match: Chase VS. Kilik

At this moment, Shadow Dragon transform himself back into being Chase and was just going about his own daily business in Ponyville. After his secret meeting with the Three Lords, the location to finding the Mystic Shield is ticking. He has just finished some search in an area while not bringing any attention on himself during this moment at the time.

“It would seem these areas by the west of Ponyville is NOT where it’s hidden.” Chase labeled off in registering where one spot to check didn’t show signs of keeping a hidden Mystic object like a shield. “In that case, I’ll have to try the east area.” He stated in knowing where he’ll need to head off towards next here.

Just then however, there was some noises off in the distance that earn Chase’s attention at this particular moment to investigate. And as he arrived, it was in an open area where Ben and the Mane Six along with Starlight Glimmer, Nyx & the baby Dragons seem to be doing some sorta little exercise drills while the CMC watch them. It was only a few little runarounds, the ducking of easy tire swings, and then it came to how they’ll fight which some like to work with partners.

“Hmmm…it appears the Mane Six and Ben are doing some training exercise.” Chase stated in registering this activity as something simple, nothing major or any of that sorta stuff for serious drills even from the Royal Guard.

“Come on AJ; that all you got?” Rainbow Dash was raging off in holding her nunchucks to get under AJ’s fur.

“Got plenty more where dat came from!” Applejack spoke off to say in bringing her hooves up to keep smacking against Rainbow’s nunchucks to get through that defense.

“Should I make a stance like this…or this when I attack?” Rarity asked off towards Fluttershy in not deciding what battle pose she should make while using her Eternal Style.

“Oh, I’m not sure. I think they all seem very nice.” Fluttershy smiled off to simply say what was her simple thoughts on what Rarity was doing.

“Here comes…ME!” Pinkie Pie issued off in appearing out of nowhere and brought her party cannon with a silly drawing label ‘Acid Cannon’ on it. “Powwwfruvhmmm…” Then she fired it off, but it was too big and soon it rain down and everyone training was all covered in green, goopy, gunky stuff that was sticky.

“PINKIE!” The others shouted off at their friend for making them all look messy from that stunt.

“Well, this’ll take time to wash this stuff off.” Twilight slightly cringe at the gunky stuff that she and everyone is covered in.

“Just be glad it’s only slime and not real acid like we were supposed to pretend to dodge.” Ben smiled off lightly to look on the more positive side of their situation.

“Well it’s a sticky situation we got here.” Phobos rolled his eyes to say this in how things are looking now.

“You’re telling me.” Spike replied off to agree with Phobos on that one.

"Ugh, to think training be so...messy!" Starlight Glimmer replied off in feeling disgusted by this stuff.

“Hey look, isn’t that Chase?” Nyx pointed off in seeing someone was nearby and watching them.

At that moment, Chase could see that focus was on him from watching the group. So in accordance, he acted natural to approach the group to learn what is happening here.

“I see you’re all trying to train?” Chase asked off in noticing what he could guess was some strange but silly way to train.

“They sure are!” Apple Bloom nodded off to respond to say what the gang are doing.

“They’re keeping up the pace!” Scootaloo proudly nodded in how well everyone is getting by.

“And making it more fun!” Sweetie Belle smiled off to say in what else the gang is doing that makes this interesting.

“Why not join us Chase? Pinkie Pie & Rainbow design it so it could be athletic, but with some fun twist to it.” Ben spoke off to offer Chase a chance to try out this little training game they are doing, just for fun.

“As much as I like to, my training sections are for more serious manners than of making things ‘fun’ at the expense. You should know this Ben.” Chase responded off to kindly decline the offer as when he trains, he doesn’t add any ‘silly’ or ‘fun’ twist to it.

“For any matter, training is still training, wouldn’t you agree?” Suddenly, a voice came from someone appearing on the sight, and it was reveal to be….Kilik.

“Oh right, Chase…I was having some training workout with Kilik, but he said to go ahead with everyone here while he finished something for Zecora.” Ben responded off in remembering that he was gonna train with Kilik, but the guy had to finish an errand, so while Kilik was away, the others decided to partake in helping Ben train while adding fun to the mix.

“I see, then, please…do not let my presence interrupt another’s training.” Chase humbly spoke to say while preparing to turn away at this time…

“Wait…” Kilik spoke in which stops Chase momentarily at this time to listen. “If you are not interested in joining to train with the rest, then what about a match?” He spoke in offering something that would benefit someone like Chase the Warrior.

“A match? Against who?” Chase raised an eyebrow to look back in being curious now, just who would be match against him?

“Against me.” Kilik issued this off as stating that Chase and he will face another.

That earn some silence from everyone who was cleaning the slime off them to pay big attention now. Kilik was asking that he and Chase face off in a match, two tough opponents about to go at yet. Nobody couldn’t say it was not to be expected when two opponents want to test another out by facing another.

“Wait, Kilik, you wanna fight Chase?” Twilight yelped upon having heard what was going on here.

“Woah, didn’t see this coming!” Phobos replied off in seeing this was not expected.

“You and me both.” Spike replied off that he agrees on that term.

“I am sorry, but I must kindly decline. I will not fight.” Chase on replied off to say this suddenly; which brought many of the others to question why the brave warrior won’t do it.

“I thought you wanted to perfect & hone your skills. Isn’t it what you want to improve them for protecting those here in Ponyville?” Kilik asked this off in being curious, why was Chase not wanting to partake.

“That is correct, however…The reason is that you’re a very skillful & powerful warrior, Kilik. After all, you are known as The Awakened Hero of Destiny. You possess one of the Elements related to the Elements of Harmony. I surely would lose to you.” Chase explained off in stating matters of knowing where their strength differs.

“It is true, but no pony is perfect. Surely you underestimate yourself for having face Dark Mystics to be capable of facing those even with magic. How about this? We just spar without using our full strength, & rely on martial arts & our weapons of choice.” Kilik spoke off to say this with a friendly smile, but then he notice Chase eying both his pole, & even…another object he holds. “And as another favor, I will leave the sacred mirror for Starlight to hold. But remember, even if apart, I have master to draw its strength even afar.” As Kilik spoke, he remove his sacred mirror, & toss it for Starlight Glimmer to hold on for him.

“I see…very well, it’s a deal. And perhaps, this may be intriguing.” Chase responded off while being somewhat interested, for him to have a match against such a well-renown skilled warrior like Kilik. “I’ve heard you are very skilled and how you even managed to hold your own against Burnblast, who’s second only in being as strong…as Shadow Dragon.” He recalls that when a certain event played out in rescuing a friend that was taken prisoner by Drago, Son of Shendu, Kilik was one of the rescue teams with the others and fought the one Dark Mystic whom Shadow Dragon considers a good rival to face off.

“Then if you know about that, then I’m certain you have hone skills to which you can even fight against such foes. You even risk your life to stop a Dark Mystic from hurting Ben.” Kilik replied off in saying something like this in knowing that Chase is also not much a mere Earth stallion, as he has skills of a warrior as well.

“Indeed. Very well, then let us have the match… Even if we are sparring, I want you to come at me with just about every bit of your fighting potential.” Chase smiled in feeling a bit intrigue to see how well he can fight against this opponent, especially with only physical developed strength that can be expected from an Earth stallion.

“If you are certain, then very well…” Kilik replied off in awaiting this moment to see this warrior’s skills be seen in battle…while also keeping a sharp eye on him.

Now awkward silence fills the air, as both opponents move backwards to get a good distance from another. Chase held out his sword while getting into a battle positron, Kilik does the same while getting his pole-rod out to twirl & rotate while getting into a battle stance. Both fighters were gazing at another, watching, carefully studying another, not making any sudden movements. Even with the wind passing by, they remain as if perfectly still, not even while everyone else was watching, did it bother them.

“Why aren’t they going already? Get to the fight now! I’m bored here!” Rainbow Dash in seeing that this two opponents aren’t duking it yet.

“Rainbow Dash, don’t ye know ponies from de Land of Ma have a custom? If one makes de first move, gives de other guy an opportunity.” Applejack issued to tell her daring headstrong friend about what advantage happens when one does such an action.

“True…No one can tell of how they respond. But, well sometimes that works, but sometimes, it works differently.” Rarity stated to say in recalling how something like that works in either opponent’s favor.

“Oh my, I don’t know which of them I should cheer for! Who are we going to support & cheer for?” Fluttershy spoke in feeling concern of what to do here in who to cheer for.

“GO WHOEVER!” Pinkie Pie cheered off which earn weird looks from others. “What, it’s better than choosing! Especially saying the name & not making it sound like we favor another.” She responded back to her pals that found her cheering weird?

“Ben, what do you think will win? Chase against Kilik?” Twilight asked her love in wondering if Chase can win this, especially with Kilik being skilled.

“I don’t know Twilight, they’re both good fighters, but in truth…I’ve never seen Chase try to go all serious except during the Clone Six kidnapping.” Ben shrug off to say in not knowing what to say about this situation since Chase hasn’t shown much off of his real strength in the past. “However, while both of them look good, but for Chase, he seems to be ready for this…like he’s been waiting for it.” Ben replied off in stating this factor in question of how it looks.

“Yeah…I wonder what he’s up to…” Starlight Glimmer thought out while trying to recall something. “For Chase, there was also the time against the Dark Mystics, but then he disappeared when Gravi & his army showed up, so the view of his strength is....unknown even to me!" Starlight Glimmer exclaimed in seeing the scene & knowing that Chase may still be hiding something that was never seen, maybe.

While the others were speaking their own thoughts & stating their own facts, Kilik & Chase were busy watching the other in what to do here.

“Time to see what he’s capable of. They don’t call him Awakened Hero of Destiny’ for nothing. Even without his sacred mirror, he’s definitely not showing any lacking. Gotta be careful with my own move. The major concern was any of Kilik’s attacks that come in possession of being wrapped around the Dvapara-Yuga, the sacred treasure mirror. One touch from that on me & my cover WILL be blown.” Chase though this off in his head in knowing that he needs to be careful with Kilik not just from his skills & the Element Weapon, but from one dangerous object that could do him greater harm; the mirror that holds a shard of purity from the Element of Light, even if Kilik is not wearing it, Chase should not lower his guard.

“Len Pin Jab!” Kilik issued off from focusing his magic blue aura around his pole-rod. “Grovhmm…Brizizivhmm…” Then he jabs it through the ground, it lets out blue magic bolt jabs to attack the target from underground.

“Heeeh!” Chase reacted to that to dodge what Kilik thrown at him with a close second of a shave as he rolled over to his left just before that attack stroke him down.

“Zhao Hurricane!” Kilik was focusing and rotating his pole-rod in front of him as his magical blue chi aura surrounds it. “Poowwfruvhmm…” Which at the same time was creating a magical blue hurricane twister going for Chase.

“GRRRR…” Chase quickly dug his hooves on the ground as hard as he did as he held it tightly while bracing the attacks. He was withstanding this twister force trying to blast him away, but he was blinded when sand of the area came into his eyes.

But while the hurricane blinded Chase, he closed his eyes and soon…he used his Aura Sense to see all the blue auras of everyone on the side and….one that belongs to Kilik who’s coming up for an attack. But Chase managed to counter with his sword, Kilik charged in to attack, but Chase dodged & avoided the attacks swiftly before the former could even tried to hit & strike down for few times. Kilik thrust his pole at Chase, the lone warrior swiftly rotated around before using the guy out.

“Aura Sense. You figure I blind you and so you sense where my aura was coming from? Both Impressive & Resourceful…” Kilik stated in recognizing what Chase was doing to prevent him from landing a physical blow from being blind. “Then try this…Kai Chi Barrage!”

Soon Kilik creates blue magic aura chi around the weapon & performs rapid thrust moves in firing a barrage of his attacks. Chase managed to use his swordsman skills to deflect the attacks with his own sword for a few times. Then Kilik gave a thrust, Chase quickly grabbed its edge before he spun around to the former’s back while nudged on his head for five times.

“Chase Prowl…” Chase then got some distance before suddenly was rushing at a fast rate, preparing to strike with his sword.

“Tai Chi Breakdown!” Kilik announced forth in focusing extra blue magic aura chi around his pole-rod. “Ppwwfuvhmm…” Then he performed a strike on the ground that unleashed a clear blue magic aura wave to all his surrounding field.

“Hugh!” Chase gasped in registering that move and it’s dangerous before he leaps up to grab onto a tree while watching that attack go by. “That was too close, that move comes with a holy paralyzing effect, it would have been too effected on one of darkness. Not to mention, it could make my Element of Darkness agitated to cause us both to be deflected backwards.” Chase silently whispered to himself in seeing what almost got him and could have expose his Dark Mystic form.

At that moment, Chase jump off the tee & started to charge around to attack Kilik from afar by going in close & then back out when he landed a blow. But Kilik was quickly keeping up in trying to keep any of Chase’s moves from reaching him. Kilik dodged, blocked & deflected the attacks for a few times while observing & studying Chase’s moves. Everyone that watch this were so hook on this, it was like seeing something go nearly as fast as Rainbow Dash’s speed. Both of them continued battling with each other fiercely & determinedly. Neither side was about to call it quits here & were duking a lot out.

“Zen Wave!” Kilik announced from spinning his pole-rod above his head, concentrating his magic blue chi aura to surround it. “Frusvhmm…Sizizivhmmm…” Then with the right thrust work, he unleashed it to take the form of a spinning aura blade disc.

“Countermeasure!” Chase soon got into a counter position, as the blade of magic contacted with him before he knock it away from him towards an off direction where no one was near; but then he saw something else coming. “Drat! He waited for that!” Chase cursed because just before he could do anything, Kilik was already upon him, he used that move that took all of his focus to not be cut in order for Kilik to deliver the final blow.

“Ling Shenmg Su!” Kilik announced forth the next attack move of his.

Soon Kilik kicks and jabs Chase to the ground with his rod. Then Kilik jumps high up in the air with the cry of a phoenix.

“This is the end!” Kilik shouted off in preparing to end this match right now.

“Powfruvhmm…” Kilik slams his rode a corner of Chase’s side by the ground in actually missing him, while causing golden feathers to suddenly appear. Everyone was looking and pretty soon the match was over as Chase look down to see that Kilik missed seriously hurting him since they were just sparring; if it was an actual fight, that move would have done some inflicted damage.

“Nothing personal.” Kilik replied off to say to Chase as he look down at the guy who open his eyes to look at the one above him. “You fought well, Chase…” Kilik soon offered his right hoof for his opponent to take it as a sign of respect for fighting well.

Chase looks at the extended hoof offered to him, but also saw Starlight approaching with the guy’s sacred treasure. If that mirror touches him, it will burn the dark tainted evil. Chase needs to think, if the mirror touches him, he’s expose, but he needs to be calm and think this through while keeping his real strength from being seen as to not alert any suspicions.

“Well, I shall admit, your skills are impressive to even match against a Dark Mystic in battle.” Chase exclaimed to say this about Kilik’s skills of what was done.

“As are yours, from what many claim, you are an extraordinary fighter & even Ben believes so. It lookalike they were right. Impressive, it looks like you can handle with some thugs, especially the Three Lords.” Kilik issued off to say this while being generous to await Chase to take his hoof to get up…

“You need not bother to help one who can get up with his own strength.” Chase stated that he is capable of picking himself up from battle. “But thanks for the latter comment, but it’s just my luck that helps me through.” Chase issued off to say this about himself in comparing to fighting thugs of the Three Lords.

Soon after Chase was up, he dust himself of any dirt while looking at least okay. Despite having taken light damage of the sparring, the guy showed to be a lot tougher than he looks. As many from the Mane Six & Ben wondered if Chase built himself to withstand against such hard hits and to be fast enough to dodge most of Kilik’s attacks.

“Thank you for the match, you truly are a great warrior, Kilik. Perhaps if I met you in another time, in another place, my path could have been different.” Chase did an honorable bow to say this in implying that Kilik is a good warrior, maybe someone he would have like to have met in his life earlier; in which case, it would have been as Dragon Hope. “Until then, I shall bid you all farewell.” Chase turn towards everyone else in preparing to depart now.

“You’re gonna leave already?” Ben responded to say in having heard Chase won’t be sticking around.

“Yes Ben, like you, I to, am busy with a task at hand.” Chase responded to issue this as that like many, he’s busy with his own duty. “So for now, take care of your skills to help them grow…” He issued off to say this as wanting Ben to keep on improving his skills.

Chase was then taking his leave while many of the others just silently watch him leave without so much as looking at them. Some thought maybe Chase wasn’t use to losing or that since he was but a normal Earth Pony with only his best swordsmen skills and Aura Senses, going against those that had an Element base power and magic tips the adversary.

“Kilik, don’t you think that was too much?” Ben approached Kilik to ask something that bothered him a bit.

“No, like a warrior, he fought well. But did you notice a different on him?” Kilik stated to say this with a straight face.

“Different? No, why?” Ben replied off puzzled to shake his head.

“As we fought, Chase had shown moves known as the Blazing Dragoon Style. Known for quick & self-defense & it’s an advance class.” Kilik explained the method behind the style Chase used was an advance class of martial arts.

“You could tell that?” Starlight raised an eyebrow in not believing this?

“Yes, but there’s more. My teacher, Edge Master, told me that a Dark Mystic known as Shadow Dragon was the last to have achieve that style, it seems suspicious to think he knows moves that were lost for ages.” Kilik rubbed his chin to ponder this off in what they saw seem to bother him a bit, how did Chase gain such knowledge when only Shadow Dragon of the Dark Mystics was last to have obtain the advance class methods of that style.

“Wait, what are you getting at? So he knows moves that someone else has, Chase might have found lost martial art scrolls.” Ben replied off in feeling like this was getting out of hand, so what if Chase learn moves an enemy knows; for all they know, Chase stubble across such moves in a lost scroll before he settle in Ponyville.

“Even still, you should be careful…he seems to be hiding such fighting style when he was actually avoiding my attacks.” Kilik issued off to say this in being focus & serious o the topic.

“So, what’s the point?” Phobos raised an eyebrow in not seeing much a point to this.

“Chase would know that Kilik can do close, middle, and even long range combat. But he did at times keep a distance from some of his attacks.” Twilight stated in thinking off in what Chase was doing that seem to be off, like the guy wasn’t wanting to be so close to Kilik during those other attacks of his, why?

"It was almost like he didn't want to risk facing someone who might have something to make him feel unprepared." Starlight Glimmer rubbed her chin in thinking about what Chase was doing against Kilik that stood out.

“That does make some sense. Maybe it was his strategy.” Spike rub his head in thinking that Chase thought it was a good plan.

“No, Twilight is right.” Kilik spoke off in saying that what Twilight was saying was not mistaken. “As we fought, he could have tried to get me in a tight-lock between our weapons, but he seem mostly against it.” Kilik explained that when it look like the two would be in long lock combats at each other, Chase didn’t seem very interested in the idea for strange reasons.

“I’m confused, isn’t that a good thing?” Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow in not finding this a bit understanding since Kilik won in the end.

“No Rainbow, Chase doesn’t have magic powers, so only his physical abilities are used!” Applejack spoke off to remind her friend that Chase is an Earth Pony who has to rely on strength & developed body to fight.

“And while that would have been better, Chase kept a distance to be watchful.” Rarity stated in having seen what Chase was doing seem very odd indeed.

“Well, I would wanna stay away from being whack…oh, not that it’s bad for you, Kilik.” Fluttershy was saying before meekly yelp in feeling like she offended Kilik, who shook his head in saying ‘not at all’ to the shy mare.

“Still, it look like Chase was really trying even during sparring time, so it’s good that you went easy on him, right?” Pinkie Pie smiled off in knowing that Chase did his best to have a match against Kilik.

“It is hard to say.” Kilik spoke off in feeling something of concern that was tugging in the back of his mind about this scene.

“Even still, that looked like a close call. Just because Chase’s a Martial Artist, doesn’t mean he’s powerful as a Mystic Pony!” Ben complained off that Chase isn’t made of tough stuff when if Kilik didn’t miss that last attack of his, it could have hurt Chase.

“Even so, I wanted to see it for myself. You must remember…you’re the enemy’s target. And they will do whatever it takes for them to get your power.” Kilik exclaimed off to say this to his friend about understanding things around them. “You have all three of them; the Triforce. It is best we are all at our best for when they come.” He stated to say this about knowing how Ben is the central focus on many enemies watch.

“But what does that have to do with testing Chase, it’s like everyone thinks he’s up to something?” Ben asked off in being upset in what was being done to the poor guy that many find Chase was up to something strange.

“Ben, why are you defending him?” Starlight asked in why Ben was so forceful when it comes to Chase.

“It’s because he’s my friend. He helped in defending our home, saving some lives for so many times. Yet it seems many feel like they can’t trust him!” Ben exclaimed off to say this in how Chase does much good, but hardly gets much credit.

“Ben, please….” Kilik spoke in feeling that Ben was losing to his emotions.

“Look, I know everyone is just being concern, but…long ago when I last listen to someone who wanted to help me be with Twilight, Boris turn me into a monster. That caused me to lose my friendship with Flash Sentry & even Sunburst. I spend years being the Demon Pony without knowing how to be cured. I don’t want to feel like those that are my friends are pulling me in different directions for good or worse.” Ben stated off to say this in feeling that when he trusted Boris to be a good friend, it ruin his childhood, & even if that was resolve, who’s to say it can’t still happen.

“Please, Ben…you must…” Kilik spoke in trying to help calm the stallion down from feeling angry.

“I know you & many others came here to defend our kingdom because you wanted to find peace & a place to call home. But what about Chase, isn’t he like that? Why can’t we accept him as one of us?” Ben complained off to yell a bit, feeling that there are many good ponies wanting to help keep the Rainbow Kingdom safe, but it seems like Chase is the only one being excluded like he doesn’t fit in at all.

Ben seem to look really upset, he looked away to scrunch his eyes a bit, while Twilight came over to lean near him, feeling a bit concern for her love, even Nyx wanted to make sure her daddy was not alone. The others felt troubled in seeing they made Ben feel so wonky about the whole ‘Chase Case’ & how it’s the same story of the unsociable guy, not socializing much in pony society.

“I’m sorry Kilik, it seems like Ben’s in a sensitive & upset state. Chase was the first instructor to help him, & well…he feels that he’s not getting a chance to open up & let us in.” Twilight apologized for Ben’s behavior, knowing how touchy he was getting here.

“I see, very well…I understand.” Kilik lightly nods in understanding, he can see that Ben needs time since accepting this much was hard for him. “The only thing I can understand is that Chase…is not an ordinary pony.” Kilik whispered this to himself in knowing that with Chase, he’s not any ordinary pony, there is something about him that sticks out the most. “Perhaps its best we call it a day, you all might be tired today from returning from Canterlot.” He spoke in offering to let those that work hard have it easy since they returned.

“Well Golden Heart and their group had to go somewhere.” Sweetie Belle stated in recalling where their other friends went off to.

“Seem like a big hurry to, wonder what’s up?” Apple Bloom stated to say in recalling Goldie’s group was in a hurry.

“Guess we’ll know when they tell us, especially Pinkamena.” Scootaloo shrug off to say that if that group wants to tell them what’s up, Pinkamena might since she recalled something.

“For now, thanks for letting us help Ben with some training Kilik.” Twilight smiled in thanking Kilik for letting the others help in Ben’s little training exercise.

“My pleasure, take care of yourselves now.” Kilik nods off in humbly accepting the comment while wishing those here to be safe.

"We will, thank you for the concerns." Starlight Glimmer smiled off to nod in response to the wise & kind words for thought.

Soon everybody was going their own ways after having had a little time to do a little training to help Ben. But some are kinda now wondering if anything is wrong with Chase since he didn’t seem to act much like himself. And Ben’s mind was in a dishevel state, as if being torn between defending the guy who has a hard time opening up to everyone. The scene goes dark with many more puzzling questions as to what will go on from now and later on in the gang’s lives…

---------------------

At them, Chase was walking through the market area after having left Ben, the Mane Six & their friends group from their training workout to continue more pressing matters. Such as locating the Mystic Shield in where it is hidden but cannot be found, he needs to find it.

“Pssss, Chase!” Then Tech’s voice came from an alley in attracting Chase’s attention.

“Urrrragh!” Chase groans in seeing this annoyance was nearby when he was working.

“Over here, come on!” Tech whispered out to follow him into the alley.

“Very well.” Chase rolled his eyes in annoyance; may as well see what Tech wants with him, but it better be good.

Soon Chase enters the dark alley where no one was around to see or notice him. And upon getting further in, Tech was hiding before popping up to come to the undercover Dark Mystic.

“What happened out there, why didn’t you fight more against Kilik? Why didn’t you finish him off? Where’s that Shadow Dragon mojo?” Tech was asking off in having saw the fight, and Chase look like he barely fought hard.

“You simpleton! The strength that is Chase the Warrior is limited to what he can and CAN’T do in front of others!” Chase snapped off in telling Tech that the strength he showed and the strength he didn’t show would have caused different sets of alarm.

“Hugh?” Tech raised an eyebrow in not following along.

“If I was using more than my skills of training with the body, and rely on my Dark Mystic abilities, Ben and the others would have sense and noticed.” Chase explained that if he used magic that Earth Ponies can’t do, even more so Dark Mystic magic, they would have learn who he was; Shadow Dragon.

“Oh, right. Heh-heh, makes sense.” Tech nervously chuckled in seeing that maybe Chase thought ahead of that situation.

“Once more, I couldn’t risk fighting Kilik because he of the Dvapara-Yuga, the sacred mirror would have burn my fur if it felt my corrupted darkness. Even if he didn’t wear it, he could still tap into its pure element in his attacks.” Chase stated in thinking deeply in knowing that Kilik was the opponent, fighting him is one matter that’s too risky if his mirror that’s purity eliminates corrupted beings. “Which is why, it was better to fight and lose with some dignity than blow my cover.” He issued that he rather look like he lost in a fair battle than risk exposure to blowing the mission.

“Got’cha, smooth and sly, Chase.” Tech smiled off in commenting Chase for being so crafty. “Besides, Kilik can’t think of you as someone not to trust now.” Tech smiled in thinking they now have this in the bag, or so it’s thought.

“Wrong, even though Guildenstern stated it, do you even think you would trust his words if they were true or deceitful?” Chase stated that even the creepy brainiac of the Dark Mystics spoke up to say Chase was not someone the ponies shouldn’t trust, when after knowing the guy’s character; trusting his words is about as easy as catching fleas.

“Ahh…Good point.” Tech slowly responded in thinking that Chase made a good point, Guildenstern’s personality and such make him very hard to know what he’s thinking & a bad guy defending an innocent bystander than deceiving others makes it more suspicious.

“He almost had me….And the only way to fool him is that I’m just an ordinary pony with luck. And the last thing I want is that sacred mirror to trigger my Element of Darkness to react. Light & Darkness are eternal & powerful than any Elements.” Chase explained off the matter of when Kilik almost had him, but managed to keep an appearance that he is nothing special while having avoided matters about Kilik’s sacred mirror.

“Boy, would have been bad if he tried to kill you.” Tech sighed off to say this about what almost happened to Chase if Kilik was going i for the kill.

“True. But hopefully, with Ben’s loyalty & naivety, I should be safe for now.” Chase exclaimed to say this in being certain of such things.

“What’s next?” Tech asked off in what they do.

“Find the Mystic Shield. It doesn’t seem to be here.” Chase stated off to look, as they aren’t finding the target around here.

“Well, it’s just a spell, right?” Tech shrug off to lightly exclaim the idea.

“Spell? Yes…perhaps the reason why the shield managed to repel Grimmore & his attacks was because it was enhanced & reinforced by a Mystic Crystal’s power.” Chase thought this out for a moment, realizing, the Mystic Shield is a spell made for a certain reason.

“And that would be?” Tech raised an eyebrow in even his smart brain, isn’t wise enough to follow along.

“From what our intelligence reported. The shield was powered by powerful Laser Cannons…a Shield Defense Cannon from the Mystic Realm. The one Tao used was merely a small defense spell before being powered by a Mystic Crystal’s energy to help weaken Grimmore’s attacks in a hope to weaken him. Even after he was sealed & banished by the Mystic Avatar.” Chase explained off the matter of what was an old history recall of how things went just as the Mystic Shield came into being.

“So…where does that lead us? Is it at your pop’s place?” Tech asked off in making a wild guess if Chase’s father had the means to hid the shield.

“Fool, he maybe old, but he knows that would be a likely place to be targeted. The only way to get in is a Mystic Soldier would need to enter it.” Chase excluded off to say this on the subject of breaking into his father’s place is no simple task.

“Ooh! I might help get us in! One Techbot in a Mystic Soldier suit, will…” Tech was about to explain his corny idea of dressing a bot as a Mystic Pony Soldier to get them entry when…

“No, that won’t be necessary. For they may expect us to try to infiltrate & attack when we believe we can’t find the source here. But to perform a spell this complex & to elude us. They may have developed a central beacon for the cannons; a Core, to help make the Mystic Shield stay active.” Chase explained off the case of what was lightly a way of turning their focus from one way & back at another. “Now tell me….what of the areas you checked?” Chase asked off in changing the subject now.

“Oh right, well I check those here, but my tech can’t find any Mystic objects in them. The only areas left are…” Tech was stating that there was no sign of the Mystic Shield in the areas he check, but the last place to try is…

“Mine…” Chase cuts off to say in knowing full well, he has the last ones to check and see to what he seeks. “Then you shall await back at my place until I’ve become certain that what I find is the real spot for the Mystic Shield. Or in this case…where the central Core unit that keeps it activated is located in.” Chase order that this time, he will make sure that he finds what they are looking for without fail.

“Got it!” Tech saluted in having been told this and shall follow through.

Soon Tech quickly leaves the area while Chase also leaves to return to the outside part of the market. Nobody notice what he was doing which is fine with him. Now Chase prepares to check the last areas in question toes if any of them…is where the Mystic Shield is hidden. And with that, everything goes dark at this time with many questions to wonder for this mystery of what will happen next…

---------------------

At this time, the gang had already said their goodbyes to prepare to head home for the night…But Twilight, Spike, Nyx, Phobos & Starlight saw Ben was feeling a bit under the weather; especially over the whole ‘Chase’ case again.

“Ben, are you alright? You have to understand, Kilik was only worrying for you about the future dangers.” Twilight exclaimed to speak to her love with worry.

“I know Twilight, but…it’s just that Chase has been with us for almost three years! He saved me & us! He even helped me get Nyx back from the Demon Successors.” Ben pointed off in mentioning these things about what Chase has done to help them.

“Wait? That happened? I can only remember Drago?” Phobos questioned the topic of Chase helping them against such enemies; funny, he doesn’t have a good memory of it.

“Clearly you forgot when Drago smack you pretty hard on the head.” Spike pointed out what Phobos forgot due to a cause he suffered from.

“Not only that, Chase helped save you from Drago when he snuck into the Gauntlet of Fire to almost barbecue both you & Rarity!” Ben pointed off to remind Twilight about what happened during another event.

“But daddy, you know that Kilik would never do anything to hurt those that are innocent. Remember when he helped us during the Day of the Moon?” Nyx exclaimed to remind her father of something that Kilik is not someone that was being mean or being an awful friend; not after one of their old adventures.

“And did you forget who helped him when he was a victim of his own nightmare? Ben…it was you, you helped him when Fanged Dahlia’s evil nightmare turn our fear to bind us.” Twilight pointed out how Ben helped Kilik when he was in trouble, Ben didn’t want to abandon a friend.

Ben stopped from his upset grief moment to look wide eye surprise. He does remember, during Fanged Dahlia, Kilik was a victim & Ben went into the guy’s mind to free him while seeing the horrors now young colt should ever experience. The loss of his home, fellow friends, even a family member who sacrifice their own being to save Kilik in knowing; he was worth saving. And since then, Kilik has always been on a path to help others & stop any evil from pledging their world.

“Oh man…I completely forgot…now I feel like a jerk.” Ben sighs off in feeling a bit bad for what he was doing, he let his temper get him a bit.

“Ben, we all know Chase doesn’t even have any magic or powers…but maybe just because he’s uniquely different doesn’t mean we should judge him too quickly.” Starlight spoke off to say this in what was on her mind. “Maybe he’s like me, misunderstood. Chase risked everything to save you.” She pointed this out that perhaps, they simply have yet to fully understand Chase.

“Starlight’s right, we forgot that a warrior like him prefers to be alone because of his past he feels he isn’t ready to share. I suppose friends should honor other friends’ wishes for privacy until they feel ready to talk. I should know that because I was one of them.” Twilight smiled in stating this obvious fact while knowing full well, about when it came time to open up to let other friends in on one’s secrecy.

“You mean when you didn’t open up about Ben when you lost him, & when you did, it felt good having your friends to listen.” Spike pointed this off in reminding Twilight of her own fault.

“Exactly Spike.” Twilight nodded off lightly on what Spike said.

“Well, thanks Twily. For understanding…And I’m sorry if I threw a little tantrum.” Ben nods to sigh in being thankful in what Twilight said to him.

“Little being some understatement. Ow!” Phobos mutters off about Ben’s temper-tantrum while getting whack by Nyx.

“Ssshh…” Nyx hushed her pet pal to not say that.

“Of course I understand. Just remember, Kilik was not trying to hurt Chase, you know he was cautious to think about all of us in noticing similarities, nothing more.” Twilight exclaimed to remind this for Ben to understand more clearly.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I’ll tell him that next time I see him.” Ben nodded off to lightly know when he should admit he was way off.

“Maybe tomorrow, it’s very late.” Starlight pointed out they save such things in the morning, it’s already late.

Everyone was in agreement as they were nearing Rainbow Castle. Everyone was soon off to bed now to rest up for what tomorrow may bring.

----------------------

Meanwhile, we soon find a strange area that was during some dark part of the night, and there was…a circus being done. That’s right, there were lights, flashes, and loud crowd cheering as far as the eye could see, or hear from a faraway point. In any event, the scene focuses on someone seen coming out of the Big Top to be walking around some carts. It appeared to be a unicorn stallion with dark turquoise fur color coat, gray dark blue slightly mess mane & wild flow tail, and emerald color eyes. He is seen as mostly physically built, appears very athletic, and looks to have a few hidden tricks up his sleeves. He is seen wearing a midnight dark/gray turquoise body suit with light violet color line marks, wearing darken gray boots in the back and hoof-shoe wear in the front. He wears reminiscent of a mantle, bearing the same color of the cloth covering his body. He wears a hood that sports a furry red crest of the back of it, and wears a gray visor of an elaborate type, with bolts on its center and secured to his head by many bands; which further accentuate his knight-like appearance. On his flank and on his outfit, marks a strange purple mask with eyeholes that seem to hide something to spring out as his Cutie Mark and issues what his talent is.” Right now, he seem to be happily minding his own business until…

“Greetings Bickslow.” A voice came from behind out cart, and as the light of the moon shine down through a red lens; it was shown to be Rufus Lore; as if appearing in a red moon light.

“Heh-heh, well-well, if it isn’t Rufus Lore!” The revealed pony named Bickslow laugh out loud maniacally and was sticking his tongue out as if sounding rejoice of who’s here.

“Well in memory of you in the past to now, that you have become quite, a performer…” Rufus spoke off in noticing the work that Bickslow has developed for himself here.

“Yah, a performer of being an excellent trapper, but hey, I’ve done extra jobs being in a circus with my skills to pay the bills.” Bickslow smiled off to let himself be known in working in an area that is both a talent while also another to pay for his living. “Isn’t that right, Baby?” He called off to anything that was near to respond to his statement there.

“Yeah, Yeah!” Then suddenly appearing around Bickslow were five floating tiki heads made of wood, and are reminiscent of tribal totems, each possessing a colored face and little wooden wings at their sides.

“Oh, Seith Magic, another form of magic that can use Human Possession.” Rufus spoke off in seeing what was before him was another ability that Bickslow can do. “My memory recalls that you can cast to seal wandering souls inside objects & manipulate them as you wish.” He knows this form of magic, Seith Magic, that can perform such ways and they follow whoever the caster is.

“I like to call them my dolls, but they are my buddies in which get me out of tight stitches.” Bickslow smiled off in issuing that he and his buddies are an awesome bunch through and through.

“Tight stitches! Tight stitches!” The dolls responded off in stating this in agreement.

“To get on to business, I’m here to recruit you for a mission…a task by which even the Royal Sisters of Canterlot need you skills.” Rufus humbly spoke in getting down to business of his appearance to find Bickslow in the first place.

“Seriously? You hear that guys, we’re famous!” Bickslow smiled off widely in talking to his dolls that heard the news.

“Oh, yeah! Famous!” The dolls responded off in sounding all excited upon the news.

“So, what is it that they need?” Bickslow look to Rufus in pondering what Celestia & Luna need of him.

“Do you know about a trap type spell called: Element Blackout Alchemy?” Rufus asked off if Bickslow knows of the spell he speaks about.

“Keh-haaah! Know it? As if I wouldn’t know it!” Bickslow laughed off with his tongue held out in finding that somewhat laughable if he knows that certain spell or not. “And, what about it?” He look to Rufus in being curious of why he was asked such a question.

“An old recent event happened some time ago in the past, where the Dark Mystics used that spell to shut down some elements of heroes in a trap. They would have won if not undone.” Rufus explained the case calmly in what nearly happened to those that were almost sunk in that trap if they were not saved in the last second or so.

“That spell is only effective as long as no one knows how to cancel it or takes out the user, else they’ll have their elements shutoff a whole day.” Bickslow explained off the case in knowing how serious that particular trap type spell works out.

“While I have memory of the spell and can be safe from it, you are also safe since it would not work…for the one is the Wielder to the Element of Traps.” Rufus smiled off to state that he is fine, and so is Bickslow, for he holds an element that is very special against such trap-type spells.

“Heh-Hahah! You got that right, baby!” Bickslow laughed off again with his tongue in being praise by such means.

“Right, right!” The dolls cheered off to repeat that sentence statement.

“Then all I am asking is that you help us with something that can expose what maybe….someone targeting the Mystic Shield.” Rufus spoke in narrowing his eyes in speaking with a more serious face about what they need Bickslow for.

“Interesting. It’s caught my interest.” Bickslow replied off in finding what he’’s heard to be an interesting case. “Yosh! Then I’ll help out whatever and whenever I can!” He smiled to happily say that he’ll help out in whatever work he needs to do.

“That’s right! Yeah-Yeah!” The dolls replied off in saying that they help too.

“Heh-heh, truly you are amusing for a performer!” Rufus laughs a little under breath at seeing how Bickslow can make some find him funny, especially with his Dolls. “Then let us return…we have much to plan out.” He stated in knowing they need to return now to plan out their course of action.

“I’m looking forward to it, right, baby.” Bickslow smiled again in saying he’ll be looking to it, and check his Dolls on their thoughts.

“Yeah!” The dolls replied off to hover around in agreeing on the term.

The scene begins to darken with Rufus & Bickslow preparing to leave the circus area. The two are going to head back to get things ready for knowing that it’ll be for the sake of the Mystic Shield AND to catch something that doesn’t add up. How are things gonna go from there, we’ll have to stay tune to find out.

----------

Meanwhile, hidden within the Everfree Forest, where two characters; Lelouch & Celtic. The witch seem to use a crystal ball in showing them something of what was occurring…

“So…Kilik, Rufus, & now Bickslow are entering the picture. Well, to be honest, I don’t like it. It looks like I’m gonna have to deal with them.” Lelouch exclaimed off in feeling like three Element Wielders might cause a problem for them if left uncheck…

"Lelouch; that would attract the attention, especially ‘him’. We were specifically told not to interfere & when the time came, to let Grimmore do his part.” Celtic strictly remind this guy of what they are to do, not to get any attention on themselves.

"Grimmore shouldn’t be able to sense me. It was made to believe I'm gone. And that would be it.” Lelouch smirked off lightly to say this in believing that Grimmore won’t know he’s around; for the time being.

"He almost on me.” Celtic exclaimed in recalling the events from the Time Loop case from Starlight trying to change time.

“True. He thought you're Mystic Pony. He shouldn't recognize you….yet. Let's go.” Lelouch issued

The two vanished from sight, what was their story, it’s nothing but a dark blur that covers the screen, ending things as they stand…

Author's Note:

Well, now we've seen what's happening here now. In the next chapter, some suspicions about Chase are growing. And then finally, Chase makes his move to infiltrate an abandon building that is used for cover to hide...the Core that performs the Mystic Shield. Before Chase makes his move, he comes across something, or 'someone', standing in his way that Pinkamena let her pal trail the sneaky stallion. But when the Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, the Royal Sisters & Ben arrive to see the Mystic Shield & Chase, questions are asked...before Rufus & Bickslow work their plan along with Kilik to expose...the TRUTH of who Chase really is. What will happen, will the Mystic Shield survive? Stay tune to find out...