• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 292 Views, 5 Comments

Winning her heart - BronyZone



Will one pegasi win the heart of a certain yellow mare?

  • ...
 5
 292

Day 2

It was a new day in Ponyville and Ben was at his house in his bed snuggled under the covers as sunlight poured into his room. The sunlight hit bens eye's and woke him up.

"Hmm? *yawn* nom nom nom" Ben stretched as he sat up.

Ben then got up and got ready to start the day by heading over to the bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. After that Ben headed downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and a box of Rainboom flakes. He poured the cereal into the bowl and got the milk and poured it into bowl. He then got himself a glass of orange juice and sat down to enjoy his breakfast. After he finished his breakfast he placed the bowl and glass into the sink and remembered that he had to buy some groceries for the week. Ben then grabbed his saddle bag by the door filled with his bits and headed for the market square.

Ben was at the market square looking at his list on what to buy.

"Ok, OJ, Apples, bread, and veggies" Ben said as he read his list. He put his list away and then saw Fluttershy down the street.

"Hey Fluttershy!" Ben called out.

"Oh hello Ben, what brings you here." Fluttershy asked.

"Oh you know just buying stuff to snack on. You?" Ben replied

"Oh, I'm just buying food for the animals I take care of." Fluttershy replied.

"You take care of animals?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, I do." Fluttershy replied.

"Oh, that's cool. Do you need any help?" Ben asked.

"Um no, I can handle it, but thank you for offering." Fluttershy denied Ben helping.

"Oh ok, well I'll let you get back to shopping." Ben said.

"Ok then, talk to you later" Fluttershy then walked off.

'She takes care of animals. Hm, maybe I can use that to help her notice me.' Ben thought to himself. Ben then went back to shopping.

After 3 long hours of looking for the items and long lines, Ben was finally home with the groceries. He grabbed his key from under a cactus plant and unlocked his front door. Ben walked inside and placed the groceries in the kitchen and placed his saddle bag by the door. He then sat down on his couch to relax. Ben was still trying to think of a way that he could impress Fluttershy with animals.

'She seems to be shy when I offered my help so I guess that's out of the picture.' Ben thought. He kept thinking about it and then it hit him.

"Adopting a pet, that's it! That's how I'll impress her." Ben said with joy. Ben then got up, grabbed his saddle bag with his bits in it and ran out the door.

He then made his way to the pet store. He arrived later and walked inside. He saw a pony behind the counter.

"Hello, welcome to the Ponyville pet shop. My name is Julie, how can I help you?" Julie asked.

"Yes, I'm looking for a pet." Ben replied.

"Oh good, what kind are you looking for? We've got cats, dogs, and a few mystical ones." Julie asked Ben.

"Uh, I think I'll adopt a dog." Ben replied.

"Ok then, right this way." Julie said. Ben then followed Julie. He looked around and saw different kinds of animals from hamsters to Phoenixes and snakes. He saw one snake that looked like it had eaten a pony.

"Um, Julie I think that snake ate a pony." Ben said.

"Oh, don't worry that's our Moon snake, he ate Bob last week. Don't worry Moon snakes can't digest ponies. He ate Bob when he tried to mess around with it but ended up getting swallowed by it." Julie told Ben.

"I don't regret anything but its very slimy in here." Bob said from inside the snake.

"Oh ok, then. Are you sure he'll be ok?" Ben asked.

"Yes I'm sure he'll be fine it should release him in 3 days." Julie reassured Ben.

They then reached the part of the store where Ben saw different kinds of dogs. From Labradors to Weiner dogs.

"So go ahead and pick one out that you like." Julie said. Ben looked around for a bit he found a couple that he liked, then saw a small beagle puppy. The beagle looked up at him and wagged its tail.

"I'll choose that one." Ben said.

"Ok then." Julie then picked up the beagle using her magic and hand it to Ben. The beagle then licked bens face.

"D'aww your a cute one." Ben said as the beagle licked his face again.

Later that day Ben had adopted the beagle and was at home as it slept on the rug in the living room. Ben was sitting on his couch, watching the beagle and thinking of Fluttershy.

'Now that I've got a pet I've got to find a way how to get Fluttershy to notice me with it.' Ben thought to himself. Ben then felt tired and started to fall asleep on his couch. He fluffed his pillow and laid back as he started to drift to sleep.

Author's Note:

And chapter 2 is now done! :D This chapter was longer than the first one and now I move onto chapter 3 so I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and let me know what you think, BronyZone out.