• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 867 Views, 18 Comments

Finding our Way Back Home - DragonsHeart



A lone ruined ship flies through space. On board sleeps the last hope for Equus. These nine ponies will have to journey through space to find a way to save their home. And space can be a pretty weird and strange place sometimes too...

  • ...
6
 18
 867

Chapter 2 - Meetings & Reunions

Twilight wakes up and every part of her body aches, but she doesn’t really care much because her head is killing her. It feels like she was repeatedly hit on the head with a hammer.

‘I guess Hammer lives up to its name,’ thinks Twilight. She feels that she is still held aloft by the bed, she can’t feel the needles anymore, but the straps are still in place.

“Awake at last, Twilight,” comes the voice of Alastair, “Let’s get you into a more comfortable position.”

Suddenly the bed moves her into a sitting position on the side of the bed. It then releases her arms, legs and head, but still holds onto her body. Twilight notices that she is now strong enough to support her own head, which is a good sign.

“Now let’s remove those bandages,” he says, placing his hand behind Twilight’s head. The bandages fall away and Twilight is greeting by the blinding lights of the real world.

As her eyes adjust she looks around the mostly empty white room and finally meets the face of Alastair. The first thing that comes to Twilight mind when she sees Alastair face is blue, for Alastair skin colour is a very dark blue. His face is very similar to a human but larger, and his eyes are sharper than any human could ever be, he has a well-trimmed beard and long hair that is held back by a ponytail, and his hair colour is ginger but bits of grey can be seen here and there. His face is only slightly lined with age and he seems to have some face tattoos(or is it face paint? She can’t tell), the largest being a pointed cross in the middle of his face. Suddenly he holds up three large fingers in front of her.

“How many fingers am I holding up? Blink the amount,” he asks.

Twilight blinks three times, remembering what he said before.

“Well, that’s a start,” he says, smiling, showing pretty white teeth, “We can do some more tests later if need be, but for now let’s check out your muscle growth.”

He runs his large hands across her neck and then her jaw. It feels slightly ticklish.

"It seems that all the muscles have grown back in your neck and jaw," he notes, he then forces her mouth open, "Stick your tongue out."

Even though it is embarrassing Twilight does, and Alastair gently grabs her tongue and gives it a light squeeze.

"Tongue seems alright too," he notes, letting the tongue return to Twilight’s mouth, "I think you can try and speak now. Try saying something."

Twilight thinks of something to say and settles with a simple, "Hello..." It hurt to speak, her throat feels swollen and any movement hurt her tender muscles, but she can speak!.

"I can see that it hurts, but the best thing you can do now is to continue and get into the practice," he says, patting Twilight on the head like a child, "Remind your muscles how to speak."

"I'll try," croaks Twilight, before breaking down in coughing.

"Let's just get you some Pain-Away, it won't stop the pain but it will numb it," he says, standing up and walking over to bench.

Twilight can't help but stare at Alastair figure as he stand up. He is over twice the size of Twilight, with huge muscles that look like he could easily crush steel. She can't believe someone of his size could treat her so gently.

"Here you go," he says, a small needle in hand. Twilight is surprised that he doesn't accidentally crush it with his huge fingers. He jabs the needle into her wrist and ejects the content.

Twilight can already feel the effects, as a slight numbing feeling spreading from her hand to the rest of her body.

"Thank you," Twilight says, smiling in relief.

"Now let's check the rest of your muscles," he says, reaching for one of her arms, but Twilight flinches away.

"Sorry!" Twilight says, embarrassed and now slightly intimidated by Alastair huge hands, even though they touched her before.

Alastair sighs, guessing what is going on. "Look," he says, grabbing her hand and placing her palm on his. "You can trust that I won't hurt you or do anything that will harm you, Twilight," he pledges, "I am a doctor first above anything else and this hands will never hurt you."

Even though her arm feels as heavy as lead, she feels his palm. It is twice as big as hers and so are his fingers, they have a rough feel to it but they feel comforting. She is so lost in exploring his hand she doesn't notices someone come in.

"Oi, Blazing Angel, stop flirting with the alien and give me a hand," says a Shetlandish voice behind Alastair.

Twilight looks up and sees another alien like Alastair, same accent, same skin colour, same hair colour, same huge height and same strong body build, but his hair is long and reaches down past his shoulder blades and has a stubble instead of a beard, he also has a huge scar going right across his forehead.

"What do you want, Rock Head?" Alastair asks, obliviously annoyed by this interruption.

"I want you to look at my arm, so stop flirting with the naked alien and get back to work," he says, just as annoyed.

"Naked..." Twilight says, looking down. She screams, remembering that she is naked and tries to covers herself up with hands, but it is hard since her arms still feel pretty weak. 'This is the worst," she thinks, as red as a apple, "It was embarrassing enough with Alastair seeing her naked, now a complete stranger has also seen her naked.' She wishes she could hide somewhere, but the clamp around her stomach keeps her still, and she also doubts that her leg can support her.

"Just look at my arm, doc," says the one called Rock Head, showing him the arm, uncaring to Twilight's plight.

Alastair looks at his arms, "You sprained it pretty bad... how did this happen?"

"I got in a fight with the Never-Ending Storm and it got pretty heated," Rock Head explains, dryly.

"I see... just slap a cooler pack on it and not use it for a few hours, then let your body do the rest," suggests Alastair.

"Fine, I was going to do that anyway, but Headhunter said I should get it checkout," Rock Head says, walking to the door, "I’ll let you get back to the alien. Have fun."

Alastair sighs and turns back to Twilight, who is still blushing, "Sorry about that, don't mind him he is just a normal Pictish idiot. I also see that your arms and chest muscles are working alright, how do they feel?"

"Heavy as lead and very sore," admits Twilight, upset.

"I see, that’s normal, but for us to continue please remove your arms to your side and sit up straight," he orders.

Twilight stays still for awhile and then slowly removes her hand placing them on either side, before she sits up straight. Her face becoming redder.

"Good girl," he praises, he then starts slowly running his hand down Twilight's arm, giving it a little squeeze every now and then, "They seem to be mostly grown back, but will need more Boost." He then places his finger on Twilight's hand, "Now I want you to squeeze it as hard as you can," he encourages.

Twilight nods and starts squeezing his finger as hard as possible.

Alastair shakes his head, "Still to weak."

Twilight nods her head, she doubts she could even hold a book like this.

"Now next parts will be a bit embarrassing so it might help to talk to me while I do it," he says, as he reaches behind her and starts feeling the muscles on her back.

Twilight gets instantly what he is doing. He is checking the muscles on her body and that means... Twilight's blush increases further. She starts talking to help take her mind off it like he suggested.

"So how are my friends?" Twilight asks, trying to ignore Alastair's large hands.

"Still sleeping," he answers, his hand running down Twilight's back, "I am using you to test if this treatment is working and will most likely keep them under until the treatment is finished."

"I see, so you won't be doing this to them?" she asks, embarrassed.

"Nah, if everything turns out alright with you, I won't have too," he says, moving his hands to her side, "I didn't really need to wake you up but I just wanted to check some things, like if the Resight worked and the muscles are growing back right."

"Are they?" Twilight asks, trying her very best to ignore the hands on her hips and sides.

"The ones in your neck and head have, the ones in your arms need a few more cycles, and from what I am getting from your body it does as well, and makes sense to believe that so will your legs," he explains, moving his hands to her front.

"I see..." stutters Twilight, failing to ignore the hands on her chest and stomach.

"Calm down, I won't touch them, there is no muscles in them to check anyway," he sighs, checking the area under her breasts.

"I know that!" Twilight says, flustered, "So how long have I been out for?"

"Only two solar days since you last woke up."

"Have I been out for that long?" Twilight says, surprised.

"That’s nothing compared to how long you slept before and in the stasis pod. You know the reason it took a week for you to wake up before is that your body had trouble remembering how to wake up," he says, moving his hand to her stomach (much Twilight's slight relief), "You’re lucky not to have ended up in a permanent coma

“Does that happen often?” asks Twilight, trying not to think how close Alastair’s hand is to her most private place.

“Hardly at all,” he replies, moving his hands down onto her thighs, “You have to be under for a very long time for it to happen.”

“Do you know how long have I been in stasis for, now?” Twilight asks, turning her head away in embarrassment.

“Like I said two days ago, no idea,” he says, moving his hands further down her leg, “Yesterday a Tech-head told me that manual interface have long stopped working on those pods, I guess that’s why we had to break you girls out of the pods.”

“We must have been out for a long time,” Twilight says, relieved that the hands are now further away from that place.

“Most likely,” agrees Alastair, moving his hands to her knees.

Twilight thinks for a while for something else to say, until she realizes something. “Wait, didn’t that person that came in here before call you Blazing Angel? You said that your name was Alastair?” asks Twilight, wondering if he lied to her.

“No, my name is actually Alastair, Blazing Angel is my title,” he explains, shaking his head, “Among my race your are supposed to address others by their title if they have earned one.”

“What is your race called anyway?” asks Twilight, curious.

“We are called Pictlanders by other races, technically the correct term is Pictish, but most just call us Pictlander since our homeworld is called Pictland,” explains Alastair, moving to her ankle.

“So is it better to call you Pictish or Pictlander?” asks Twilight, confused.

“Well Pictlander is more well known by most other races so they will know what you are talking about quicker, but Pictish is shorter and easier to say, but in the end it doesn’t matter and no Pictish will ever care,” he explains, checking her hooves.

“What does your race do?” asks Twilight, curious.

“Get in fights, get in more fights, drink, fight more, and then looks for more fights,” he says, flatly, standing up.

“Really?” Twilight says, slightly frightened.

“Don’t worry, we look for honorable and fair fights,” Alastair says, shaking his head, “Out in this universe Pictlanders are last thing you got to worry about... unless you go around looking for a fight.”

“Didn’t your race make Hammer and Boost?” Twilight asks, remembering that Alastair mentioned it before.

“Yeah, from plants on our homeworld,” Alastair says, crossing his arms.

Twilight then notices that he has stopped checking her out. “Is everything alright?” she asks, worried.

“The Regen have restored the muscles, they just need more Boost,” he explains, heading for the bed’s control panel, “So I will keep you under for a few more cycles to fix the rest.”

“I guess you will have to hold me in that position again,” Twilight says, unhappily.

“Yeah, but you will be out for most of it, now keep still,” he warns, as he hits some buttons.

“Suddenly the clamps moves to grab the parts it let go of before. It then lifts her up and moves her back into laying down star position again above the bed.

“Do I have to be held in this position?” Twilight asks, even more embarrassed now that she can see.

“I need to put needles under you, remember lass,” he says, as he picks up a tube with a needle on the end, it has blue liquid in it, “Now I’m going to put you under first before I put the needles in this time. So before I put you under do you have last questions?”

“No, just hurry,” Twilight asks, not wanting to remain awake in this position any longer than she has to.

“Fine, just let yourself go limp,” orders Alastair, moving the needle near her neck.

Twilight closes her eyes and lets herself fall limp. The needle slots back into the strap around her neck, and as soon as it pierces her skin she blacks out.


Twilight wakes up to the sound of movement and a splitting headache, but not has much pain as before but there still is pain. She opens her eyes to found herself out of the device and on the bed and under a sheet. She tries to move, but her muscles complains. Actually the only muscles that don’t seem to complain are the ones in her head and neck. She looks around and sees Alastair sitting down a nearby chair, looking over some square device and drinking something.

“Hello, Alastair,” Twilight calls out to the alien doctor.

“Hmmm, oh you are a awake?” he says, getting up and putting down the square object and the cup of liquid, “How are you feeling?”

“Sore but fine,” Twilight says, watching as he walks over.

“Can you sit up?” he asks, holding out his hand to help.

“I think so,” she says, grabbing his hand and moving her into a sitting position while holding the sheet over her chest. It hurt like hell but she can now move by herself.

“As you can see all your muscles have completely grown back and you have returned to your former strength… I think,” he explains, letting go of Twilight’s hand.

“Does that mean I can walk now?” asks Twilight, not caring about the ‘I think’ part.

“Technically yes, but as a doctor I suggest you wait until tomorrow,” he says, with a slight shrug, “To let the muscle pains dull down.”

Twilight tries moving her legs a bit and her muscles complained for every inch. “Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.”

Alastair heads back to his chair and sits down again, grabbing his drink and picking up the device again.

“So how are my friends?” Twilight asks again.

“They all have woken up… except for one who I put under again for being too energetic,” he says, while looking over the device.

“Are they all healthy?” Twilight asks, worried.

“As healthy as you,” he replies, not removing his eyes from the device.

Suddenly the door opens and Pinkie Pie bursts in the room… totally naked.

“HIYA TWILIGHT!!” she yells, her hands in the air.

“PINKIE!” Twilight yells back.