• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 860 Views, 18 Comments

Finding our Way Back Home - DragonsHeart



A lone ruined ship flies through space. On board sleeps the last hope for Equus. These nine ponies will have to journey through space to find a way to save their home. And space can be a pretty weird and strange place sometimes too...

  • ...
6
 18
 860

Prologue - Adrift in Space

A derelict hulk that could have once be considered a spaceship drifts through the endless void of space. It occasionally spark as electricity still runs through it dead veins. A single thruster still burning shows that something still works within it. Within this hulk is a sealed room, and still air-tight it holds nine stasis pods. And within these pods are the last hope for an entire world. A lone scrappy robot works to keep its cargo safe. It has long scaped the other robots and the non-vital systems for parts, leaving the rest of the ship for it to slowly tear apart.

A sudden jerk causes the robot to fall over. It crawls over to a hole in the ship and looks out into the bright lights of something else. The ship is getting dragged towards a huge unknown craft. Something fires from the craft hitting the remaining thruster, causing it to splutter and die.

The robot continues to watch as the ship is pulled into the side of the unknown craft and into a brightly lit room. A sudden and repeating crashing noise echoes is heard throughout the ship. Something is trying to get in! A horrifying tearing is heard as something rips open the door, and crawls in, having to crouch in the small corridors of the ship.

It quickly sees the robot watching it, and even though it’s crouching manages to be on it within seconds, pinning it to the ground. Before the robot can do anything it quickly reaches behind it and yanks out the robot’s connection to it’s own power core, shutting it down.

The creature yells something incomprehensible into its helmet, and then two more enter. Following the first one to the sealed room. They reach the door and speak to each other in that same incomprehensible language, before the first one signals… three… two… one! One quickly tears open the door with its hands, letting one rush in holding a huge shield in front of him, followed by one holding a rifle and the last one holding a huge sword. Seeing no danger they check over the room, finding the pods.

One wipes off the dust and peers inside, to see a sleeping figure lying within. It signals to the other, and they check the other ones. They are all alive!

Author's Note:

Welcome to my new story.
Hope you enjoy.