• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 1,843 Views, 22 Comments

My Little Mages: A Mask Of Insanity - Masterofnone169



When Pinkie Pie finds a mask in the middle of the Everfree Forest, Things become bad for the group

  • ...
4
 22
 1,843

Chapter 1: Loud Morning

My Little Mages: A Mask Of Insanity
Chapter 1: Loud morning

It has been quiet in all of Equestria for nearly three months now. It was nice but very confusing. It was never quiet for at least a fortnight or so, especially considering the fact that I live in the country, a place that has a natural reputation for bad things to happen. But still none the less, it was nice.
I thought I’d give myself and spike a lie in for a few more minutes before I woke him up and start his everyday chores. That was until I heard the door knock so loudly that not only did it make me jump, it made spike so scared that he sprang onto the roof and just stayed there shaken up.

“HELLO, IS ANYONE HOME?”

I heard the voice as clear and as crisp is it could be. It was Pinkie Pie.

“I’m coming, I’m coming” I simple said with a bit of a grudge. How can of all people be awake at this time at the morning, let alone Pinkie Pie. True she was very energetic but she normally sleeps in late just so she can Perform tricks at night with everything she’s got. “What is it Pinkie”.

“IREALLYNEEDSOMEHELPIFOUNDSOMETHINGTHATLOOKEDALOTLIKEMYHAPPYMASKBUTINSTEADOFITHAVINGAHAPPYFACEITSCARYFACEANDIWASALLLIKEGASPBUTTHENITHOUGHTMAYBEIFIFINDYOUTHENITHOUGHTYOUMIGHTELPMEKNOWWHATITIS.”

I could see her face going purple. She normally did this whenever she is excited or nervous, or possibly both. “Pinkie calm down now explain the situation slowly”
Finally at this point spike had dropped on the ground from the roof and was back to sleep again in a second, I never did understand how he did that. He probably never gets nightmares or something like that.

At this point Pinkie started explaining the situation. “Well, I was walking down the Everfree forest trying to find some poison joke for April Fool Day but when I found some I saw I pink smiley face mask just like my for when I do tricks at parties. But this one looked really scary so I ran to you to see if you could find anything about it in one of your books.”

“Pinkie, it’s the middle of June. Why are you planning April fool’s day so early?”

“I’ve got my reason.” She said with a massive on her face while giggling. “But that’s not the point, can come to the Everfree forest with me?”

I simply sighed and just accepted it. “Fine, it’s not like I have anything better to do today anyway. Just let me get cha” At this point I was only just realised I was only wearing my underwear. I instantly shut the door in embarrassment and got changed as quickly as possible. I would normally have some coffee before I even think about going out but this shocked me big enough to just not need it, in fact I felt like I just drank a dozen cups of the stuff without thinking it through. No wonder Pinkie Pie was giggly, even she would remember that, even if someone was knocking on the door at 6 in the morning. “Please don’t ever do that again Pinkie; people might start to think I’m tardy. Or worse.” I could tell I was blushing. Who wouldn’t at that incident?

She simply nodded furiously. “Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a cupcake in my eye.” She instantly stuck one her fingers in the eye, yet she didn’t even react to it, let alone bleed like most people.

How did that never hurt her? Not only is it the fact that she stuck the finger in her eye but she also has really long nails as well. It’s almost as if she doesn’t feel pain.

I grabbed my staff and walked on out. “Spike, when get back I would like to see you up doing your chores.” He simply muffled and rolled other to the other side of the bed. “Ok bye.” I knew he was listening, I had a secret stash of gems in my safe which I would only give him if did as he was told, and doesn’t refuse anything for a gem. Maybe besides Rarity.

I walked out of the door and shut it tight. Pinkie was showing me the way while skipping as she would normally, even when she was nervous about something she wou... I just realised my thought, when was Pinkie ever nervous, guess that mean she only talks fast when excited then.

It was still purple dark outside, visible but still dark. “Why do always wake at this time of the day, I mean it’s still dark out.” Princess Luna wouldn’t be happy about what I just said, but she’s been through enough to forgive everyone about it. After all, 1000 years is a long time to think things through.

We walked in complete silence until we reached where Pinkie had found the mask. I saw the differences between Pinkie one and this one. Unlike Pinkie’s, this one was flat faced, her one had a nose hole. It also had a smaller mouth piece and a tear coming from both ends of the eyes. She was right, it was creepy; true she said “scary” but has always been know for going over the top with things, apart from Rarity about ANY minor incident.

I went to reach up for the mask but once I touched it I felt a strange spiritual energy shot my back from getting hold of it. I fell onto my back with Pinkie laughing in the background, a bit immature of her if you ask me. I sight was blurry for a couple of seconds until I saw a black figure. She had white stripes coming down her face with to tiki masks flooding around her. It was Zecora.

I simply smiled at her very sheepishly. As so did Pinkie. Zecora was not happy, but I was very confused as to why. Did it have something to do with that mask, it can't be, it's just a mask. Right