• Published 3rd Apr 2016
  • 325 Views, 13 Comments

Why is this my life? - GamerTag



Crazy in the most amusing way.

  • ...
3
 13
 325

New Jobs

"So why are we here?" Gamertag asked.

Gamertag, Game Shard, Shooting Star, and Rift Raft were at the Mainhatten mall. Shooting Star thought it would be a good place to, well...

"Look for a job." Shooting Star answered.

"Yeah, I know, but why HERE? What kind of a job is good for two gamers that is in a mall?" Gamertag asked.

"Well there's-" Shooting Star started but was interrupted by Game Shard.

"OH LET'S GO THERE!" Game Shard said excitedly, pointing to a Barnes and Nobles.

"But how does that have to do with gaming?" Rift Raft asked but Gamertag and Game Shard were already almost to the bookstore.

"It doesn't matter Rift Raft, what matters is that they at least get a job at all. They can't live forever on the money they have from working at the gaming tournament," Shooting Star answered.

"Even though they had enough money to get an apartment and buy a ton of furniture and even pay the rent for their apartment for a few days?" Rift Raft asked.

The two ponies finally went into the bookstore where Gamertag and Game Shard already were. When they got there, they found Gamertag and Game Shard looking at a book.

"THEY MADE ANOTHER ONE?!" Gamertag yelled.

"Yep," Game Shard answered.

"THIS ISN'T EVEN NEW! THEY JUST CHANGED THE CHARACTER'S GENDERS!" Gamertag yelled.

"Well if ponies are buying it then they must be doing something right," Game Shard said.

"What book are you two looking at?" Shooting Star asked, "Maybe I can explain why it is so popular."

Gamertag and Game Shard looked at each other and then moved away from the book.

"OH SWEET CELESTIA," Rift Raft yelled, "TWILIGHT?! THAT SERIES IS TERRIBLE!"

"Oh, for crying out loud it is good!" A white unicorn mare with a black mane and tail yelled from far away.

"NO WAY! AND I AM WILLING TO FIGHT YOU ON THAT!" Rift Raft yelled back.

"ALRIGHT THEN LET'S GO!" The unicorn yelled back and then ran towards Rift Raft as Rift Raft ran towards her.

"RIFT RAFT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Shooting Star yelled and then grabbed Rift Raft with her magic.

"DIVINA I SWEAR YOU DO THIS ALL THE TIME! JUST ACCEPT IT AS A BAD SERIES!" A bluish grayish Pegasus stallion with a curly black mane and tail yelled grabbing the unicorn.

"OH YOU WANNA GO TOO STARDUST?! WELL LET'S GO!" The unicorn said before tackling the Pegasus to the ground.

"SECURITY!" One of the cashier yelled.

"Well then let's go. We don't want to try to get hired and be associated with this mess." Game Shard said and then all four ponies left the bookstore.

~~~Later~~~

"WELL HEY HEY HEY! ARE YOU NICE FELLAS LOOKING FOR A JOB?!" A very perky yellow Pegasus stallion with a orange mane and tail asked Gamertag and Game Shard.

"Uhhh yes we are but I don't know if-" Gamertag started but was interrupted by the stallion.

"WELL THEN C'MON DOWN TO SQEEZEN BREEZEN LEMONADE!" The stallion yelled and then pulled the two ponies in the lemonade stand.

"This... Will not end well," Rift Raft said and Shooting Star and Rift Raft followed them in.

"NOW BEFORE I HIRE YOU I NEED TO KNOW-" The stallion started but was interrupted by Shooting Star.

"Their resume? Well I got them right-" Shooting Star started but was interrupted by the stallion.

"NOPE! I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOURSELVES! LIKE YOUR NAMES, FAVORITE COLOR AND NUMBER, YOUR HOPES YOUR DREAMS!" The stallion said. Gamertag and Game Shard looked at each other worryingly.

"How does that have to do with the job?" Rift Raft asked.

"WELL YOU SEE EVERYPONY THAT WORKS HERE IS LIKE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY!" The stallion answered.

"Nopony else works here," Shooting Star pointed out.

"TONS OF PONIES HAVE WORKED HERE IN THE PAST BUT FOR SOME REASON ALL LEFT BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY FELT CREPT OUT! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THEY THOUGHT THAT?!" The stallion said, looking at Gamertag and Game Shard. In response Gamertag and Game Shard just shook their heads.

"GOOD! WELL THEN MY NAME IS LEMONY! MY FAVORITE COLOR IS YELLOW AND MY FAVORITE NUMBER IS 6. MY HOPES AND DREAMS ARE TO MEET A LOVELY MARE ONE DAY AND HAVE 36 KIDS AND LIVE IN AN AMUSEMENT PARK!" Lemony said and then smiled, "WHAT ARE YOURS?!"

"Is it just me or does this feel like a little foal's television show?" Rift Raft whispered to Shooting Star.

"Well..." Gamertag started, "My name is Gamertag, my favorite color is also yellow and my favorite number is 5. My hopes and dreams are.... Well I don't really have any."

"EVERYPONY HAS HOPES AND DREAMS! C'MON TELL US!" Lemony persisted.

"No I really don't," Gamertag answered truthfully.

"WELL THEN YOU MUST NOT HAVE THOUGHT HARD ENOUGH BECAUSE YOU SEE," Lemony said and then started singing, "Everypony has a dream!"

"Oh my Celestia, is he singing?!" Game Shard asked.

"Dream will guide you very far!" Lemony kept singing.

"Yes, yes he is," Gamertag answered.

"And I thought Moonshine was crazy...," Shooting Star said.

"And now let's hear some dreams you may have!" Lemony sang.

"Okay this pony is crazy we’re leaving," Game Shard said and then pushed Gamertag, Shooting Star, and Rift Raft towards the exit.

"I BET I COULD SING BETTER THAN YOU!" Rift Raft yelled as they left.

"OH GIVE IT A REST, RIFT RAFT!" Shooting Star yelled.

~~~Later~~~

"I AM NOT GOING IN THERE!" Gamertag yelled. They were outside a makeup store.

"Gamertag we need a job! We HAVE to go in there." Game Shard said trying to push her in.

"C'mon Gamertag this place makes a lot of money, if you two worked here you could get payed a ton of money," Shooting Star said.

"Why can't I go with Rift Raft?!" Gamertag asked.

"Because if you two want to work for the same job- wait... WHERE'S RIFT RAFT?!" Shooting Star yelled.

"I don't know. Why don't I go look for her while you two look at the job?" Gamertag asked.

"Okay fi-" Shooting Star started but was interrupted by a pony who worked at the store.

"YOU! YOU ARE THE PERFECT MODEL FOR MY MAKEUP!" The pony yelled and then grabbed Gamertag and pulled her in.

Shooting Star stood outside the building staring inside with wide eyes.

".... I follow her and you look for Rift Raft?"

"Sounds like a plan."

Shooting Star then followed Gamertag into the store while Game Shard followed after Rift Raft.

~~~In the store~~~

"WHY DO YOU WANT ME?! I HATE MAKEUP!" Gamertag yelled, she was sitting in a chair and the pony that dragged her in was putting makeup on her face.

"Because you are a famous gamer! If ponies see you use MY makeup then other gamers will want it so they can be just like you!" The pony answered still putting makeup on her face.

"I DON'T HAVE THAT EFFECT ON PONIES! IF I DID THEN I AM AFRAID FOR WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF PONIES TRIED TO COPY THE TIME GAME SHARD GOT DRUNK AND MADE OUT WITH 8 STALLIONS IN ONE NIGHT." Gamertag yelled.

"What makes you think ponies haven't already tried that?" The mare asked. Gamertag then stared at her in wide eyes, afraid of what she was talking about.

"Hello there, may I ask what you are doing with this mare?" Shooting Star asked walking over to where Gamertag was.

"Oh she is my makeup model," The mare answered.

"Save me." Gamertag whispered to Shooting Star. In response Shooting Star grinned.

"Well then, you do know you have to talk to her AGENT before you can use her likeness for anything, right?" Shooting Star asked with a grin.

"Oh yes! Do you happen to know who her agent is and how I can contact them?" The mare asked.

"Why yes, I do, for you see, I am her agent," Shooting Star said.

"Oh well then come with me and we can discuss a deal!" The mare said happily and then pushed Shooting Star towards another room.

When the two ponies left Gamertag jumped off her chair and ran to the exit but when she tried to open it, it turned out it was locked.

"I am terrified to learn what Shooting Star's planning," Gamertag mumbled.

~~~Somewhere else in the mall~~~

Game Shard was looking for Rift Raft when she was almost trampled by two security guards. They were running towards a restaurant.

"I wonder what that's about," Game Shard said and then walked towards the restraint.

When she got there she found a group of ponies watching a fight between a stallion and....

"RIFT RAFT!" Game Shard yelled.

"Huh?" Rift Raft said and then got punched in the head by the stallion.

"Oh for Pete's sake! All I do is try to find a job and that even turns into a crazed mess!" Gamertag yelled.

"Did you say, looking for a job?" A stallion asked.

"Yeah, why?" Game Shard asked.

"Well then I have the job for you!" The stallion said.

"Oh no thanks actually I think-" Game Shard started but was interrupted by the stallion grabbing her and bringing her into the kitchen area of the restaurant.

"You will be my new waitress!" The stallion exclaimed.

~~~Back at the makeup place~~~

Gamertag was currently making a crowbar out of items she found in the room and tried to open an air vent, when Shooting Star and the mare walked back in.

"Gamertag! Get back down here!" The mare yelled, Gamertag panicked and dropped the crowbar into the vent.

"You couldn't even fit in there anyway," Shooting Star said, but Gamertag still tried. Her head was too big. Gamertag sighed and then flew back down to the two ponies.

"Alright Gamertag so me and your agent have made a deal, so if you could kindly follow us into the next room," The mare said and then used a key to opened the door towards the main area of the shop where the exit was.

Gamertag was about to fly out but Shooting Star held her down with her magic and calmly walked out with Gamertag. The mare held the door for them but before she got out Shooting Star slammed the door in her face.

"RUN!" Shooting Star yelled and then ran out of the store closely followed by Gamertag.

The mare then yelled, "SECURITY!!!" And two large stallions started running after Shooting Star and Gamertag.

"WAS THAT REALLY A GOOD IDEA?!" Gamertag yelled at Shooting Star.

"BETTER THAN USING MAKEUP CONTAINERS TO MAKE A CROWBAR AND OPEN A VENT THAT WAS SMALLER THEN YOUR HEAD," Shooting Star yelled back.

~~~Before at the restaurant~~~

"Hello, may I take your order?" Game Shard asked a group of stallions in a very bored tone.

"Yeah... I'll take one of you," The stallion said with a smile and bedroom eyes.

"Yeah, no. Can I take your real order," Game Shard said, a little more agitate.

"C'mon baby don't be like that,” The stallion said and then put his hoof on her flank.

In response Game Shard quickly grabbed his hoof and used it to punch himself in the balls, then let go and punched him in the face. She then grabbed his mane and said in a venomous tone,

"Listen to me, I have had to deal with a creepy ass stallion who kept kissing me and wouldn't understand that he should just leave me the fuck alone. He has threatened me and my friends, and I have had it up to here with that kind of stuff, so don't even try that kind of bullshit on me."

She then let go of his mane. Then the rest of the stallions that were with him got up and started slowly walking towards Game Shard.

"Oh shit," Game Shard said and then booked it out of the restaurant followed closely by the group of stallions.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

"Gamertag if we get sent to jail then there is something I have to tell you," Shooting Star said. The two ponies were still being chased by the security.

"Is it that you’re in love with Rift Raft?" Gamertag asked.

"NO! WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?!" Shooting Star yelled.

"Well I don't. Kiara told me to ask you that if you ever said you had to tell me something." Gamertag answered.

"Why am I not surprised," Shooting Star said, "What I wanted to say was that... YOU REALLY NEED AN AGENT," Shooting Star said.

Gamertag glared at her, not believing that is what she was going to say.

"Okay fine! It's that I am terrified of jail," Shooting Star said.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about it. Something tells me that we would shortly be joined by Moonshine, Kiara, Blaze, and Rift Raft," Gamertag said.

"Yeah, though I do believe Moonshine is more than what she seems," Shooting Star said.

"Why?" Gamertag asked.

"Well you see, I was doing research and-" Shooting Star started but stopped when she almost crashed into another pony.

~~~Before~~~

I'm going to die! I am going to die because a bunch of stallions wanted to have some time with me. I always thought I would die by Trex but I guess this is close enough. There were so many things I wanted to do before I die. See Blaze finally kill Trex, go to John and Kiara's wedding because we all know that is going to happen, and finally tell Gamertag what I always wanted to say, that-" Game Shard said but was interrupted by a pony sliding next to her and almost knocking her over.

"THAT THE BEST YOU GOT?!" Rift Raft yelled and then through a crowbar that looked to be made out of makeup containers at the guards.

"RIFT RAFT?! I thought you were taken by security!" Game Shard said.

"I was but they were no match for me," Rift Raft said. Smiling in triumph.

"Is everything a competition for you?!" Game Shard asked.

"Yeah, I guess that's what happens when you live with three older brothers who all were better than you at everything," Rift Raft said.

"Care to elaborate? We are obviously going to die in a few seconds so you might as well," Game Shard said.

"Well-" Rift Raft started but then stopped when her and Game Shard almost ran into Shooting Star and Gamertag.

"Guys!" Gamertag said happily.

"Hey! Why are you guys being chased by guards?" Game Shard asked.

"Well you see-" Shooting Star started but was interrupted by the group of stallions that were chasing Game Shard.

"WE GOT YOU NOW!" One of the stallions yelled and then they all tackled Game Shard to the ground.

"GET OFF THAT MARE NOW!" One of the guards yelled.

The guards then asked the stallions and Game Shard what was going on and they explained. The guards took the stallions away and left Gamertag, Game Shard, Shooting Star, and Rift Raft sitting in the same spot where they almost collided into each other.

"The mall will be closing in 10 minutes," The speakers said.

"Shit, we still need to find a job," Gamertag said.

"What about this place," Rift Raft said. All the ponies looked at the shop they were in front of, it was a video game store.

"Rift Raft... When I told you to make a list of all the gaming places in the mall... The reason you said there were none when we got here was because you never looked, wasn't it?" Shooting Star asked.

"Yep! Making lists is your thing, not mine," Rift Raft said.

Shooting Star facehooved and then mumbled, "Can't send a Rift Raft to do a Shooting Star's job."

"Why did Rift Raft admit to being bad at something that Shooting Star is good at? Wouldn't she be all competitive like she normally is?" Game Shard whispered to Gamertag.

"I never really knew the answer to that," Gamertag whispered back.

The four ponies then entered the store. The employee looked up from the magazine he was reading to see who entered. Then then dropped his magazine and stared at the ponies in shock.

"You're... YOU'RE GAMERTAG AND GAME SHARD! TWO OF THE BIGGEST PONIES IN THE GAMING COMMUNITY!" The stallion yelled.

"Yep, that's us! Do you think we can speak to your manager about getting a job here?" Gamertag asked.

"Yeah! Of course" The stallion said and then ran to the employee's only area.

"Well he seems nice," Gamertag said.

"Yeah except he was reading a gaming porn magazine," Rift Raft said.

"Well actually, in a way porn can be good for you. You see-" Shooting Star started explaining but was interrupted by Game Shard.

"NUNUNUNUNO! I do NOT want to hear this!" Game Shard said.

A few minutes later the manager came out with the stallion employe following.

"You two are hired!" The manager said with a smile.

"Really? You don't want for them to like try out or anything?" Shooting Star asked.

"Nope! See you two in work tomorrow at 10:00 am!" The manager said and then walked away.

"Well if I knew it would be THAT easy, I wouldn't have spent HOURS LAST NIGHT MAKING RESUMES AND OTHER THINGS IN ORDER TO GET YOU TWO HIRE." Shooting Star said and then walked out of the store.

Rift Raft started laughing while Gamertag and Game Shard just looked at each other.

~~~Outside the mall~~~

"Well, thank you two so much for your help! We'll see you guys tomorrow at the bar with everypony else," Gamertag said.

"Yeah, bye guys!" Rift Raft said.

Shooting Star and Rift Raft left and Gamertag and Game Shard watched them leave for a few seconds before leaving towards their home.

"Hey Game Shard."

"Hm?"

"You know what I realized today?"

"What?"

"That we know so little about our friends."

"Yeah."

"But I bet as the days go by we will learn more and more about them,"

"Yeah."

They continued walking but in silence. Game Shard then thought, 'We really do know so little, and not only about our friends but about each other.' She then looked over at Gamertag and smiled a sad smile. 'If only you knew,' She thought.

Author's Note:

So both my stories, this one and Refound Love, have two dislikes.
So I guess two people just do not like me, or they just hated both my stories for some reason...:raritydespair:
Anyway, This story has been doing okay but MY GOSH Refound Love is doing AMAZINGLY.

So thank you all so much, to the people that read this and Refound Love.

I now have a note used for ideas for my stories, and the next one, the next chapter will have two stories in one, and the one after that will be an idea I had with my friend.

See you all next chapter :twilightsmile: