• Published 3rd Apr 2016
  • 207 Views, 5 Comments

The Quest for Harmony: 1: The Forgotten Element - Sea Flame



The mane six and a new friend must stop the freezelings from freezing all of Equestria, but what happens when the Elements don't work?

  • ...
 5
 207

Finding the Elements

Chapter 4: Finding the Elements

The seven friends stood in front of a dark, gloomy forest. "Wha- wha- what's that?" Auquasia stammered.

"That there is the Everfree Forest," Applejack answered.

"Deep inside lies the castle of the royal pony sisters," Twilight explained.

"And the Tree of Harmony," Rainbow Dash added.

"That's were we'll find our dazzling Elements of Harmony," Rarity commented.

"What exactly are the Elememts of Harmony?" Auquasia asked.

"The Elements of Harmony are capable of ridding Equestria of evil and defeating those who try to disrupt harmony. The elements are laughter, kindness, generosity, honesty, loyalty, and magic," Twilight told her friend.

"And we need them to stop that evil snow meanie," Pinkie Pie shouted.

"We'd better go find the elements. All those poor, innocent creatures suffering in the cold..." Fluttershy said. As the friends entered the Everfree Forest a white mist followed them.

"The Everfree Forest looks lovely in winter," Rarity found herself saying.

"But scary," Fluttershy said shaking. "Like my sister!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. The others smiled at her and rolled their eyes. Classic Pinkie Pie. But even with Pinkie with them to make them laugh, the Everfree Forest was still as terrifying as ever. The white mist followed as the friends walked through the forest. The white mist surrounded a vine and made it grow and expand. Suddenly it became alive and started searching for prey. It slithered towards the friends and wrapped around Auquasia's legs.

Auquasia screamed. Her friends looked at her in horror and ran over to her.

"Applejack, you hold on to Auquasia. Everypony else, we need to stop that plant. The plant tried to pull Auquasia back. Applejack kept a hold of her friend.

"I've got you, sugarcube. It's gonna be fine," Applejack assured the terrified alicorn.

"What is it Applejack?" Auquasia asked in fright.

"I don't know sugarcube. But we're gonna stop it," Applejack said soothingly. Applejack looked up at the terrible monster. Then she looked back down at Auquasia.

"I'm about to say something that's gonna seem crazy, but I need you to trust me. Let go of me and let the beast pull you," Applejack told her.

"But it will get me! Applejack, if I let go, I'll be... gone!" Auquasia exclaimed.

"I would never lie to you. Trust me." Auquasia stared into Applejack's eyes. Finally she closed her eyes and let go. As she went flying backwards she suddenly felt herself stopping and then being picked up by something. She opened her eyes to see Rainbow Dash flying with her to safety.

"Are you ok?" her friends asked as they helped her remove the vines.

"I'm fine. That was so strange. I tried to fly but or use magic but eventually the vines wrapped around my wings and my horn. How did you guys save me?" Auquasia asked.

"After Applejack told you to let go, Twilight used her magic to burn through the vine. Eventually if the vine's ends were closer it would have healed itself and continue to pull, but I flew fast and picked you up and flew you far away to safety," Rainbow Dash explained.

"Well thank you guys so much. I don't know what I'd do without you guys," Auquasia admitted.

"Well we'd better get going. Those elements aren't going to find themselves," Twilight said. But as they kept walking through the Everfree Forest the white mist still followed close behind.

The white mist suddenly zoomed ahead without being noticed. It surrounded a large snake who was lurking in the shadows. As the white mist surrounded it, the snake began to grow. It slithered slowly out of the shadows. The friends were walking when they saw the large snake emerge. It hissed at them and slithered forward. The friends backed away from the snake's head which was now bigger than them. It raised up its head, and in this position was almost as tall as the trees.

"What do we do," Rarity whispered as they backed away.

"Fight," Rainbow Dash whispered as she prepared to charge at the snake. The snake hissed loudly as they backed away quicker than before.

"No. Run!" Twilight shouted. Everypony but Fluttershy ran away from the snake.

"Wait," she called out quietly to them. Knowing she couldn't get friends' attention she flew slowly towards the snake. The snake was white with blue eyes.

"Hello, Mr. Snake. I love the color of your scales," Fluttershy calmly complemented. As the others were running away, Twilight suddenly stopped.

"Wait, where's Fluttershy?" Twilight asked. They all turned around and saw Fluttershy flying towards the large snake.

"Fluttershy!" the ponies exclaimed as they ran back to their friend.

"Is something wrong, Mr. Snake?" Fluttershy asked as the snaked hissed quietly. Fluttershy flew around him and spotted a very large stick stuck in his side. "Oh, you poor dear," she said as she flew toward the log. She grabbed the log and tugged it until finally it came out. The snake hissed loudly in pain.

"Fluttershy!" her friends exclaimed thinking she was in trouble. When they approached the snake they saw Fluttershy sitting on his head and stroking his scales.

"Fluttershy! Get down! He'll eat you!" Pinkie Pie whispered.

"Oh, Pinkie. He would never do that. He was hissing because he had a log stuck between two scales," Fluttershy said. The others were amazed at how calm their friend was.

"Well how are you gonna get him to move," Rainbow Dash asked.

"Mr. Snake, would you mind moving so me and my friends can walk this way?" Fluttershy asked. The snake calmly slithered away. "Thank you, Mr. Snake," Fluttershy called.

"How did you do that Fluttershy?" Auquasia asked. "All it took was a little kindness," Fluttershy responded. Just as before, the white mist followed them along the path.

The white mist once again zoomed ahead and created snowponies. Their faces were snarled, terrible, and angry. This time she knew her plan would work. The seven friends walked through the forest and noticed the snowponies.

"Who would be building snowponies in the Everfree Forest?" Applejack asked. The group walked up to the snowponies. They saw the faces and screamed. They turned to run but everywhere they turned was a snowpony with a snarled face. But as they all backed into each other they heard Pinkie laugh.

"Pinkie?" her friends asked surprised.

"Oh come on, guys. It's just a silly face," Pinkie said cheerfully.

"It's scary. How can you act like it's just some silly face?" Fluttershy asked. Suddenly Pinkie started to sing:

"When I was a little filly and the sun was going down"

"Not this song again..." Rainbow Dash said.

"The darkness and the shadows they would always make me frown"

You've heard this song before?" Auquasia asked in confusion.

"I'd hide under my pillow

From what I thought I saw

But granny Pie said that wasn't the way

To deal with fears at all"

"Then what is?" Auquasia asked.

"She said, Pinkie, you gotta stand up tall

Learn to face your fears

You'll see that they can't hurt you

Just laugh to make them disappear

Pinkie bounced over to a snowpony and laughed. "Ha. Ha. Ha," she said. Suddenly the snarling face disappeared.

Auquasia gasped. "Pretty cool, huh?" Rainbow Dash said.

"So giggle at the ghostly

Guffaw at the grossly

Crack up at the creepy

Whoop it up with the weepy

Chortle at the kooky

Snortle at the spooky

And tell that big dumb scary face to take a hike and leave you alone and if he thinks he can scare you then he's got another thing coming and the very idea of such a thing that just makes you wanna hahahaha... Heh... Laaaaaaaugh!"

Pinkie took her friends toward the snowponies and they began to laugh. Suddenly the faces weren't that scary. As they laughed the terrible faces disappeared. They left the snowponies and continued to laugh as they continued their journey. Meanwhile the most was planning another scheme to stop the seven friends from reaching the Elements of Harmony.

The white mist zoomed past a figure. The figure dropped something which hit the ground as it broke. The figure started sobbing. The friends heard the sobbing and approached the figure. It was a tall creature that appeared to be half lizard, half eagle. It had the head, arms, and legs of a lizard and the wings, body, and feathers of an eagle.

"Um, excuse me, but what seems to be the problem?" Twilight asked.

"Well, you see, a flash of white zoomed past as I was on my way home. I was carrying a blueberry gem, a blue gem that is extremely rare. But when the white flash zoomed by me it made me drop my gem. And now it's broken into a million pieces!" the creature explained.

"Oh, give me a break! We're saving the world here! That's much more important than some silly gem!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"Rainbow Dash, how dare you! Losing a blueberry gem is very serious business. Now you sir, I was saving this for a dress I've been working on," Rarity said as she took a large blue gem,"but I think you should have it instead."

"But why did you bring that gem in the first place?" Applejack asked.

"With that ice queen running around, it's not safe to leave valuables lying around!" Rarity defended herself.

"Miss, you mean I can have it?" the creature asked.

"Of course. You need it more than I do. I can go searching for one another day..." Rarity said as she handed the creature the gem.

"Oh thank you! I need to head home now. So goodbye! And thank you!" the creature shouted as he walked.

"Goodbye," the girls said as they continued their journey. Behind them the white mist had a plan that would certainly stop the girls from finding the elements.

The white mist slithered along the ground and sunk into the dirt under the girls. Suddenly the dirt caved and the friends fell into a pit. As her friends fell, Rainbow Dash was able to fly to keep herself from falling, but the others were taken by surprise and fell. As the others hit the ground, the white mist seeped into the wings and horns of the ponies.

"Is everypony alright?" Twilight asked. They all nodded. As Twilight tried to fly out she found her wings didn't work. She tried to teleport her friends out of the hole, but her magic also refused to work. It was the same with all the ponies except Rainbow Dash.

"I'll go find a vine to pull you guys out," she called to them. As she walked through the forest the white mist turned itself into Spitfire and Soarin from the Wonderbolts. The fake figures approached Rainbow Dash.

"Hey Rainbow Dash. Nice to see you again. We've been looking for ya," the fake Spitfire said.

"Oh, hey Spitfire. Hey Soarin. What do you need?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"The day's finally here. Now's your chance to be recognized as a Wonderbolt," the fake Soarin said.

"Really?! You mean there's finally a spot for me?!" Rainbow Dash asked in disbelief.

"Yep. Congratulations! But if you want to be one you need to leave with us now," Spitfire said.

Rainbow Dash stared at the fake Spitfire. "Well can't it wait? I need to help my friends and stop Queen Frostbite," Rainbow Dash explained.

"No. It's us, or your friends," Soarin said. Rainbow Dash thought deeply. Finally she said,

"Thank you."

"I new she would be interested," the fake Spitfire said to her companion.

"No. Thank you for offering. But my friends are more important," Rainbow Dash said as she flew away with a vine. The two figures turned back into white mist and followed Rainbow Dash.

"Thanks, Rainbow," Twilight said as they all climbed out of the ditch. The ponies found their magic and ability to fly restored.

"No problem," Rainbow Dash said.

"Now let's get the elements!" Pinkie Pie shouted. The white mist left the girls and went flying out of the Everfree Forest.

The girls arrived at the ancient castle and walked up to the Tree of Harmony which stood nearby. "So those are the elements," Auquasia said. Twilight walked up to the tree and removed her friends' elements. As she did they each turned back to their necklace form. She put each element on her friends' necks. Twilight returned to the tree. Auquasia noticed one element seemed to be missing. But Twilight walked up to the tree and used her magic on the center of the tree which Auquasia realized matched Twilight's cutie mark. Suddenly another element appeared in crown form and Twilight placed it on her head. "Wow," Auquasia murmured.

"Oh, it feels so good to be reunited with my element," Rarity commented.

"I can't believe I didn't realize this before," Auquasia said, more to herself than the others.

"You didn't realize what, Auquasia?" Twilight asked.

"That you guys represent those Elements of Harmony. Applejack is honesty, Fluttershy is kindness, Pinkie Pie is laughter, Rarity is generosity, Rainbow Dash is loyalty, and you are magic, Twilight. When you first told me about the elements I never really considered how much you guys represent them. And everything that's happened since we entered Everfree has helped me to realize how much you guys are like the elements," Auquasia explained.

"Wow. I guess all those experiences really did show how we represent our elements," Fluttershy said.

"Well we need to hurry back to Ponyville before things get any worse," Rainbow Dash said as a strong wind blew on the friends. The friends headed back through Everfree to defeat Queen Frostbite.

Author's Note:

If you have comments, suggestions, or catch anything confusing (spelling errors, etc) feel free to comment. In this chapter the experiences are supposed to be similar to their first journey. The scenes in the chapter may seem hurried but I didn't have much time to write this.