• Published 3rd Apr 2016
  • 207 Views, 5 Comments

The Quest for Harmony: 1: The Forgotten Element - Sea Flame



The mane six and a new friend must stop the freezelings from freezing all of Equestria, but what happens when the Elements don't work?

  • ...
 5
 207

Chapter 1: A New Arrival

Chapter 1: The New Arrival

No pony noticed the figure hidden in the shadows. It walked slowly, and when it looked up it almost immediately looked at the ground again. Afraid to draw attention to itself, it walked backwards away from any light. It continued to walk backwards until it tripped over a root and fell stumbling backwards into a purple alicorn.

Now exposed, the light revealed a pony with a soft coat of sea foam green. The pony had a white horn and sea foam green wings. Her cutie mark was a piece of coral . Her gently flowing mane was sea foam green and white. Sparkling beautifully, her eyes were the color of the sea.

"Oh, are you ok?" asked the purple pony.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it!" said the green pony timidly.

"It's fine. Don't worry. I just wanted to make sure you weren't hurt. But now that I think about it, I don't recognize you. Are you new here?" the purple pony said kindly.

"I guess you could say that," the other pony once again said timidly.

The purple pony smiled at her and said, " Well, welcome to Ponyville! My name is Twilight Sparkle. Wha-"

"Princess Twilight Sparkle," interrupted a small dragon.

"Well, yes. But you don't have to call me that. Twilight is perfectly fine. And this is my dragon, Spike. What's your name?" asked Twilight.

The green pony nervously dug at the ground. "My name's Auquasia," she replied softly.

"That's a wonderful name. Hey, wait a minute… Are you an alicorn?" Twilight said as she noticed Aquasia's wings.

"I guess so. Is that a bad thing…"Aquasia started to look at the ground.

"No, not at all. It's just, aren't you royalty? Like, from some far off land? I mean, you're an alicorn and all. But it doesn't matter if you are royalty or not. It doesn't mean your not a special pony. Anyway, where are you from,Canterlot? "

"Well, I- I don't know…" Aquasia stammered.

"Tell me some information about your family. That should help," Twilight said hopefully. Aquasia kept looking at the ground.

"I- I don't know… That's why I'm here. I don't know where I came from, who my family is, what my cutie mark means. I don't know anything about my past. I've been trying to find answers to these questions for as long as I can remember."

Twilight gazed at Aquasia's sad expression. "Oh, I'm so sorry. That's terrible. Can I help in any way?"

"I don't know if anyone can help me."

Twilight thought for a moment and suddenly had an idea. "Tell you what. You can stay with me, and I'll try to help you find the answers to your questions."

"What do you want in return?" Aquasia asked as if expecting a catch.

"Nothing. Why would I make you give me something when you need more help than I do?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Because that's all anypony ever wants of me... all the time... I go to different towns searching for help, but they always want something in return..."

Twilight couldn't imagine who would do such a thing to this pony. "How could anypony think of such a thing? Did your friends ever treat you this way?"

Aquasia stared at her in utter silence. Finally she was able to get the words out. "Friends? I- I-" Aquasia stared at the ground again and Twilight saw a tear fall to the ground.

Twilight couldn't even imagine somepony who had no friends. "Oh. I'm so sorry..." Twilight trailed off as she put a hoof on Aquasia's shoulder. But suddenly she had an idea. "Hey, I'll be your friend. And I know a wonderful group of ponies who will surely want to be your friends too."

Auquasia suddenly looked up. "Really?" She could barely get the words out.

Twilight smiled at the sea foam alicorn. "Definitely."

"Hey Twilight, can I speak to you for a minute?" Spike, who had been listening to the whole conversation, spoke up.

"Sure, Spike," Twilight replied. "Excuse me for a minute," she said as she moved a few steps away from Aquasia.

"What is it, Spike?" Twilight asked the dragon.

"I don't know if you should trust her..." Spike had an uneasy feeling.

"Oh Spike, she's completely harmless. All she needs is some friends," Twilight said calmly.

"Sure she may seem innocent, but on the inside she could be a terrible beast," Spike whispered.

"Oh, Spike. That's nonsense!" Twilight laughed.

"Remember when you and your friends first met Starlight Glimmer? She seemed kind and innocent, but on the inside she was wicked and cruel," Spike tried to remind Twilight.

"I know, but that was different. We could tell something was strange the moment we arrived there. This time I can tell she's innocent. When I look in her eyes, there's nothing evil about it. Instead, it's a kind, warm gaze. Just give her a chance, Spike," Twilight said to Spike.

Spike sighed. "Fine. But still watch her, will ya?"

Twilight smiled at him. "For you, Spike."

Twilight and Spike walked over to rejoin Auquasia. "Ready to meet my friends, Auquasia?" Twilight asked.

Auquasia smiled. "I guess so."

Twilight smiled back. "Good. Let's get to it then."

Author's Note:

This story's more recent chapters are posted on fanfiction.com. If you want to be up to date just go to fanfiction.com and search the title. I will still update regularly though. And by the way this takes place before the end of season five so certain details or more recent characters like Starlight Glimmer (who has not yet reformed and become a friend at this point in time, although has made an appearance at the beginning of the season) might be different because it's earlier in the season. That's why Spike mentions Starlight being terrible. Hope you enjoyed!