• Published 3rd Apr 2016
  • 207 Views, 5 Comments

The Quest for Harmony: 1: The Forgotten Element - Sea Flame



The mane six and a new friend must stop the freezelings from freezing all of Equestria, but what happens when the Elements don't work?

  • ...
 5
 207

Answers Found

Chapter 6: Answers Found

The seven friends got off the train and arrived at the Crystal Empire. "Wow. The Crystal Empire is amazing!" Auquasia exclaimed in awe.

"We need to go to the Crystal Library. There we surely will be able to find the answers," Twilight said hopefully. The ponies walked through the city.

"I guess the freezelings haven't been here yet," Rarity commented.

"Twilight, shouldn't we warn Princess Cadence and Shining Armor?" Fluttershy asked with slight fear in her voice.

"Good idea, Fluttershy. If we can warn them in time, we can save the Crystal Empire from the freezelings."

The friends rushed to the castle and were taken to see Cadence and Shining Armor. "Twilie!" Shining Armor exclaimed, happy to see his sister.

"Cadence, Shining Armor, creatures called freezelings have invaded Equestria! You need to protect the Crystal Empire!" Twilight exclaimed. After hearing this Cadence immediately made a force field to surround the Crystal Empire.

"Wow. Thanks for warning us, Twilight. I can't imagine how the Crystal ponies would feel if they had to suffer an eternal winter," Cadence told Twilight.

"Twilie, why didn't you use the Elements of Harmony? You have them right there," Shining Armor asked his sister.

"We tried. The elements didn't work..." Twilight trailed off.

"That's why we're here. We're going to the Crystal Library!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"You should go ahead then. I don't think Equestria will save itself," Cadence said with a smile. The ponies nodded and rushed to the library.

"How may I help you?" the librarian asked the friends.

"We're looking for books on the Elememts of Harmony and freezelings," Twilight said to the old librarian.

"Oh, well we have books on at least one of those topics. Where would those be? Now let me see..." the librarian trailed off. "I'm sorry. I don't remember where they are. You're going to have to find those there books by yourselves."

"Thank you anyway," Twilight said sadly.

"Now what do we do," Pinkie said loudly.

"Shhhhh!" all the ponies in the library said.

"Sorry..." Pinkie whispered.

"Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, you take the right. Pinkie Pie and Rarity, you take the left. Auquasia, Applejack, and I will take the middle," Twilight said as she developed a plan to find the books.

"Found anything?" Twilight whispered to Auquasia and Applejack.

"No," the two responded. Twilight sighed. She felt they would never find what they were looking for. After she finished searching the middle, Twilight walked to the front of the library to meet up with her friends.

"Find anything?" Twilight asked.

"No," they all answered.

"I didn't find anything. Just some book called 'The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide Volume Two: The Forgotten Element,'" Pinkie Pie said. The others stared at her.

"What? Doesn't Twilight have this book? She owns, like, every book in the world!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Pinkie, where'd you find this?" Twilight asked in relief.

"It was under 'E'!" Pinkie Pie said bouncing up and down.

"Heh heh," Twilight muttered, embarrassed that she had forgotten the books were divided by letter.

The friends took the book to a table where Twilight opened it. She flipped through the pages until she found new information. "There are six Elements of Harmony that everypony knows exists. They are laughter, generosity, honesty, loyalty, kindness, and, most recently discovered, magic. But legend has it that there is more to the Elements of Harmony than there seems to be. There is a legend that long ago, creatures called freezelings invaded Equestria, threatening to bring an eternal winter to the land. Princess Celestia tried to use the Elements of Harmony against them, but the freezelings were not defeated. This forced Princess Celestia to banish them with all the magic she had to the icy tundras of the northern lands, but this spell was not permanent. The legend states that one day the freezelings will return. Over the years there was said to be a seventh element, a forgotten element if you will, that would aid in the defeat of the freezelings. These legends have long been forgotten, and the seventh element has been said to still be in the Everfree Forest, waiting to be discovered," Twilight read from the book.

"Seven elements?" Twilight asked as she finished reading.

"How could we have defeated so many other villains with only six elements?" Fluttershy quietly asked. "It says here while the enemies that invade Equestria are greatly powerful, some being almost as powerful as Celestia herself, that some have greater knowledge of dark magic and are powerful beyond comprehension. Therefore, based on what we know about the elements, we can conclude that if there are vast amounts of dark magic involved, then more positive energy is needed. For while the Elements of Harmony are strong, another element may need to be called upon to ensure the defeat," Twilight said.

"Is there any more information on the forgotten element?" Rarity asked. Twilight quickly flipped through the book.

"No. This is all the information we have. We need to find that seventh element," Twilight said. The ponies left the library and headed back over to the train station.

Author's Note:

Feel free to comment! I know these chapters are short but I'm writing this in my free time which is something I don't have much of.