• Published 21st Jun 2016
  • 644 Views, 8 Comments

One In The Same - neonpalette93



Minuette forces her way into the TARDIS and accompanies the Doctor on a trip to Gallopfrey.

  • ...
1
 8
 644

Time To Go

"Uhh... Hi."

Minuette smiles meekly at the fact that she was caught. The Doctor smiles back and helps her to her hooves.

"I knew you wouldn't stay put for very long. Romana was of the mindset that those two guards and that grumpy receptionist would keep you down there." He breaks out in a fit of laughter. "The way you hit that guard with a bathroom sink, hilarious!"

"You were watching me?" Minuette responds nervously.

"Oh, no. That grumpy receptionist called. He said you had a guard escort you to the bathroom, and hit them with a sink. Was that your plan from the get go?"

"Nope. I was gonna climb through an air vent, but it was too small."

"A bit cliche, don't you think?" Romana chimed in.

"Cliche doesn't necessarily mean bad." The Doctor responds. "I get involved with cliche things all the time."

'Like what?" Minuette asks.

"Ehh... I can't think of anything at the moment, but believe me, there are some."

"Well, what now?"

"My meeting with Romana is now over, so I guess we're leaving."

"Aww, already? I didn't get to play with all the weapons yet."

"Wait, what?"

"She must have reached the weapon testing room on the 78th floor." Romana answers him. "If you want, I can escort you down there and let you test more weapons."

"Oooh. Can we Doc? Can we please?" Minuette`crouches and begs.

"Alright. I'd be pretty fun to test out some Time Lord weaponry. Lead the way, Ms. Romanadvoratrelundar." The Doctor winks at the Lady President. As they make their way down to the 78th floor, Minuette trots to the Doctor's side.

"Wait. Romana-vor-at-re-lundar?"

"My full Time Lord name." Romana answers.

" I shortened it to Romana back when we traveled together." The Doctor adds.

"Oh. Do you have a full name? Why are you called the Doctor?" Minuette asks.

"I do have a full name, but I can't tell you. Bad things happen when my name is spoken aloud. As for why I'm called the Doctor, I don't exactly remember. According to the Master, I decided to call myself that out of my desire to help others. I don't trust him very much, so take that statement with a grain of salt."

"We're here." Romana announces. When they enter, they are greeted by one of the trio of guards that Minuette encountered while sneaking through.

"Lady Romanadvoratrelundar. I did not expect to see you here. Much less with guests..." He stops when his gaze falls on Minuette. "The Equissian mare!"

"Stand down Frantiel." Romana holds her hoof out to block the guard. "She is a friend of the Doctor, and as such, is a friend of mine. Now leave and rejoin your patrol."

"Of course, Lady Romanadvoratrelundar." Frantiel practically sprints out of the room. The Doctor is awestruck by the vast amount of weapons hanging on the wall.

"What should we use first?"

-Later-

"That was rather enjoyable, if I do say so myself." The Doctor opens the TARDIS doors for Minuette, then enters himself.

"The best part was when you shot a hole through Romana's robe! She was so mad!" Minuette falls back into a chair.

"It was. Such a shame we had to leave afterwards." He chuckles. "Ready to go home.?"

"Yes. Galactic travel is fun but exhausting."

"Very well." The Doctor positions himself by the console and prepares to pull the lever.