• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 2,090 Views, 275 Comments

The Invisible Brony Defense Force - SoullessDCLXVI



At BroNYCon 2013, an ancient power transforms, then sends a lot of MLP fans to Equestria.

  • ...
22
 275
 2,090

Invasion

"Holy Celestia, I wanna go home." I moaned. The others looked at me with pained expressions. All except for Pink. Who hit me upside the head.

"Holy Celestia," he mocked "Shut. The. Fuck. Up." he dragged his wizardy hand down his face in exasperation. "You've been saying that all month! Everyday! You don't even use original colloquialisms anymore. Every day it's either sweet, or holy Celestia! If I didn't know any better I'd say you were a member of Overture's 'Holy Order of Harmony'."

It had been about two months since we came to Equestria. And very little had changed. In the first two weeks we had formed two circular perimeters around Canterlot and Ponyville. The outer circle contained the more violent, aggressive and carnivorous people, the inner circle contained the more 'civilized' individuals. This mostly consisted of The Holy Order of Harmony, a religion that the obsessed had formed. When they crowned Overture High Priest he quickly changed his mind about joining. They went from 'weirdos' to 'faithful followers' in an instant. It was kind of disturbing, actually. Others in the inner circle, were OC ponies not part of the religion. Myself and my friends who had unknowingly proven loyalty to Overture in the first hours of our presence in Equestria. And a few other paw chosen individuals deemed worthy enough to be acceptable first contacts if the occasion should ever arise.

"Are you saying you don't want to go home?" I asked Pink.

"Of course I do! We all do! This gargles donkey balls and you damn well know it. But annoying each other with the same phrase everyday will not magically open a portal home. We've looked all over, there's no way home short of the Princesses. And you know we can't do that. So while we're here, we have a job to do. Even if that job is boring as hell." Being our only summoner and been an unfortunate position for Pink in the early weeks. The first things that he was tasked to make were shovels and port-o-potties. Because quite frankly, it had gotten really gross, really fast. And Pink could only make so many a day. So it had continued to be gross. For weeks on end. Only just last week had the smell gone away. Either that or we'd collectively gotten used to it.

After the first month food had become scarce and it was once again Pink's job to provide. And creating food was surprisingly a great deal more difficult than port-o-potties. He created a single cooked turkey and passed out for two days. But Overture wasn't having it. Two weeks and five meals later and I had chewed out Overture. Explaining in a very loud manner that what he was doing was stupid, and kinda morally wrong. This of course landed me a day in the cage. But he was no longer demanding free lunches from Pink. So it was worth it.

Wallowing in our own filth, hungry, tired, bored, forced to stand guard by an increasingly belligerent cult leader that we had lost all respect for had predictably worn us down. Even the Superman that had super strength had trouble supporting his own weight at times. (Turns out they each had only one power, heat vision, flight, and super strength). High ranking members of the HOH were probably the only ones happy. The only thing that kept us going was the knowledge that we were protecting our beloved ponies. But even that was wearing down as everyday at sunrise and sunset the HOH would turn to face Ponyville and utter prayers to Celestia and Luna. Bowing in a way that was not unlike muslims praying to Mecca. That show of devotion almost made me wanna kill Rarity, just so I could watch them cry.

We had gotten reports from the outer circle about once every two weeks. Every time at least one death was reported. Succumbing to manticores, timber wolves, inedible plants, cockatrices, poison joke, illnesses, and accidents. The members of the Outer Ring were dropping like flies. It saddened me everytime the Outer Ring's messenger made his way inward. The last time the messenger had come it obvious someone had perished before he even opened his mouth. We only had one messenger. And this guy wasn't it. Our condition coupled with the deaths was nothing short of a sobering experience. But Overture would only call them necessary sacrifices. And go on with his day. I had begun to visualize the Mane 6 sending a rainbow up his ass and turning him to stone.

A high ranking member of HOH, an OC pony by the name of Lightning Cloak, was the only one given the honor of making 'contact'. He had been sent into Ponyville to live amongst the ponies and spy on them. Coming into the Everfree once a week to report that our presence had remained mostly undetected. But that the Everfree had become even more ominous since our arrival. Strange sounds and foul smells had put the residents on high alert. Fluttershy had been taking care of more animals than even she knew how to deal with.

Apparently our presence caused large amounts of local wildlife to flee. Which would explain why the predators were attacking us. Their normal prey gone they had to resort to new prey. And unfortunately for them we were kinda bad ass. Unfortunatly for us, so were they. Our interference into the natural order of Equestria, which was evident even without that report, had inspired an eco-terrorist that had been attending the convention to try to assassinate Overture. Which is why Batman's Poison Ivy was the only occupant of the cage. A cage which had been a bitch to move from the old clearing. The old clearing that now housed a stone temple to the Mane 6 and the Princesses where every Saturday afternoon the HOH would gather.

And thankfully it was Saturday. I loved Saturdays. The HOH got on my nerves like you wouldn't believe. The unicorns especially as they were Overture's remarkably effective muscle that had rendered every coup d'état attempt moot. When they were worshiping on Saturday afternoons it was the best few hours of the week. Not only were the HOH elsewhere, but we could stand guard without having to actually stand. We could talk to each other without whispering and more often than not a card game would break out. Not counting the five to six hours of sleep we were allowed a night this was the most relaxed we could ever be. Some people chose this time to cry, having been forced to keep their emotions bottled up all week.

This particular Saturday would serve to be a strange one, if the panicked expression on that green cheetah was any indication. As he sped towards our Uno game he shifted into his normal, monkey boy self. Hyperventilating he tried desperately to tell us something. Something that we couldn't hear over his own breathing.

"Snake. Calm down. We can't understand you" Tragedy held out her hand in a halt motion to emphasize her words.

"I said" he gulped some air "I saw a weird military machine pop out of nowhere, it looks like an EOD robot. I think we've been followed. Which means there might be a way home!"

-||-||-||-||-

New York City
November 29th 2013

"Sir, we're... we're getting a signal sir" Stone looked at the screen. Shock evident on his nearly frozen face as he stared at the images and scrolling data.

After the terrorist attacks back in September and subsequent evacuation there had been a lengthy investigation into the site. There had been absolutely zero progress on the evaluation of the strange radiation. Instruments behaved strangely and it was discovered that a magnetic field surrounded the ruins of the building. Clocks in the building moved at irregular rates when observed from outside the building. The few scientists stationed had been heard saying that time itself had been altered. Though why they chose to call it spacetime made no sense to Stone. After all, they were on Earth. Not in space. And wasn't time the same everywhere?

About two weeks ago construction crews tasked with removal of debris and rubble uncovered the strangest thing anyone had yet seen. It was a floating midnight blue sphere of darkness. Coating the outside of it was the occasional arcing plasma of miniature lightning. After a full week of tests which wielded no results, as though the object wasn't even there, a genius scientist performed an experiment out of frustration none of the other scientists had even considered. He threw a rock at it. When said rock disappeared in a flash of light, he threw two more. When they also disappeared in the same flash he bumped up his experiments in a way that only 30 years of school and a PhD could dream up. He grabbed a long stick and slowly poked the sphere. A white light glowed where the stick and sphere made contact. When half the stick was submerged, he pulled it out. Amazed that the stick was completely unfazed.

A week later he had managed to convince the military to send a bomb defusal robot attached with a myriad of sensors into the sphere. He had expected to collect data on the sphere itself. To say that what came back was unexpected would be like saying getting run over by a monster truck kinda hurt a bit, and would you kindly get off. The camera that already comes with the bot was an unexpected blessing. Instead of darkness, there was an honest to goodness forest. The GPS unit wasn't reporting it's location. Meaning that wherever the bot was, it wasn't Earth. In trying to uncover a simple crime, they had discovered alien life! Which was amazing on it's own, plant life, remarkable similar to Earth's own, filled the screen. The sensors were reporting an atmosphere of 25% Oxygen, 70% Nitrogen and zero pollutants. Meaning if there was sentient life, they were pre-industrial at most. As wonderful as this was, what came next early made the scientist orgasm on the spot. As they turned the EOD, they spotted a humanoid creature with a tail. Everything about it was green. 'Of course,' the scientist thought 'We find aliens, and they're green! At least they're not Roswell grays.' The alien took on a very human expression of fear and wonder before becoming a cheetah and bolting away.

While the humanoid alien concept was tough enough to digest for the scientist, the transformation into a green version of a very Terran mammal made his head spin. It went against everything he knew about physics and possible alien life. Excusing himself, the scientist went outside into the snow and retched. Inside, if you could call it that, the team had successfully returned the EOD. Scientists poring over it while Stone talked to his superiors on the phone.

-||-||-||-||-

"I'm telling you, it was right here" Snake had shown us where the supposed EOD bot was. There nothing there save for the slight smell of ozone. I was about to turn around when Arrow spotted something on the ground.

"Hey, guys. Look at this." He pointed at the ground. There were two tracks, side by side. It was obvious that they belonged to a small vehicle that had tracks like a tank. Too small however, to house anything larger than a toy dog. (Toy here is the style of breed, like a shih tzu, bulldog, chihuahua etc)

"Well I'll be..." said Tragedy. "I guess you weren't wrong, Snake"

"Have I ever been wrong?" he said smugly.

"Yes." we all said at the same time.

"Okay, okay. So those berries were natural laxatives. But they weren't actually poisonous."

"You never said they weren't poisonous. You said they were perfectly safe. I happen to violently disagree with that." I said. "And if you ever cause me to have diarrhea that bad again, I'll make sure your swimming in the pit underneath the toilet I'll occupy that day."

"God, you really are a demon" he said, smiling so I knew he knew I wasn't serious.

"You know it."

"So," Pink interrupted. "They followed us, and it seems obvious that they got their machine home. How does that help us? It looks like we're still stuck here. However they managed to get here, that way is long gone."

As we sat there, a little depressed at our failure. A midnight blue sphere appeared covered in lightning. Before we could react two humans stepped forward from the sphere. On in military forest camouflage, carrying an M4. The other in a labcoat. Their backs were facing us so they didn't react to our presence at first, and we were too shocked to do anything more than gape. Then one spoke

"Hey, where's Davies and the others?" asked labcoat. They spun around, apparently looking for Davies and the others. When they spotted us The M4 was raised at me (Really? Me? Fuck you too, guy) and the scientist lookin' dude just started stammering.

"You gotta problem, man? I don't feel like getting shot today" I asked. The scientist looked like he was gonna have a seizure.

The soldier's face briefly flashed with confusion and surprise before he steeled himself. "You speak english, alien? How are you doing that?"

"With my mouth," I respond. "You see, there are these things," I point to my throat "called vocal cords. They vibrate, making a base sound and I use a combination of cheek, tongue and jaw moveme-"

"I don't care about your freaky alien biology, I want to know how you know our language!" He was getting really pissed. And the gun pointed at me was not exactly improving my mood either.

"Well, obviously we've been spying on your filthy monkey species. Duh" Now, I may be fit. Sexy as hell, and a kick ass flyer. But I was not, in anyway, intelligent when it came to social situations. So I was not expecting what came next. Though my much smarter friends were as Snake moved with amazing speed towards soldier guy. And kicked his side throwing him off balance and saving me from the flurry of bullets that came next. I stood stock still, mentally assessing any damage I'd taken. Finding none I noted the silence that had followed the gunshots. Snake was in his Gorilla form, holding the soldier down next to the unconscious form of the scientist who had fainted when I said I was spying on his species. I was about to kick the soldier in the head when I heard a scream of emotional agony behind me. Turning I found Pink over the motionless form of his sister who lay in a pool of blood.

If I was pale before, I was snow white now. Tragedy was undoubtedly dead. A single neat hole in the center of her forehead and several, less neat holes covered her torso. Her eyes open wide and unblinking. She was being cradled and rocked by Pink who was balling his eyes out. When I approached he pulled out a 9mm glock and pointed it at me.

"Don't you dare come any closer! This is YOUR fault! I should kill you where you stand!" His voice was cracking and heavy rivulets of tears flowed down his face. I raised my hands in a surrender motion and backed off. Moving toward Snake I removed on of the two blades Pink had made for me from it's sheath at my waist. Spinning it once in my hand to get rid of some of my nerves I crouched next to the pinned soldier.

Sensing my intent, Snake asked "Shouldn't we wait and give him to Overture?"

"Screw Overture. That pompous ass. Besides, I think he'll agree with my actions."

"He may agree, but I doubt that he'd like that you didn't ask him first."

"I look like I give a shit? This fucker just killed one of my best friends and because he lacks any sense of humour at all, I lost another." Gripping my knife so the blade face downward I stab the soldier's hands. Then cut his calves. "You can let him go now, he ain't going anywhere. And I'd like access to more cut-able flesh"

After I had finished with the soldier I was about to start interrogating the scientist when he disappeared in a flash of white light.

-||-||-||-||-

Celestia had gotten used to the unprecedented lack of danger. It barely wavered these last two months. So when she felt it spike to about Discord levels she felt genuine fear. Fear she hadn't felt in ages. She literally couldn't remember the last time she had. With that fear evident in her voice, she called her guard into the throne room. And they rushed to her side faster than they ever had. As they had never heard that voice with fear in it before. Obviously whatever was happening, it was bad. Really bad. Just as they completed the emergency formation that they had all practiced in drills but never actually expected to use, a dark blue sphere materialized directly in front of the guards. One of whom urinated on the floor in fear. Just as fast as the sphere appeared it disappeared. Leaving behind three bipedal creatures. Two had green-brown skin, probably to hide from predators in wooded areas, and the other had long, loose white skin. It hung all the way down to it's hooves, and was quite revolting. Obviously this one was elderly. the pigment vanishing from it's skin and gravity taking fierce hold.

Her Guard reacted immediately. A semi circle of spearheads surrounding the necks of the three creatures.

One of the things spoke, surprisingly it wasn't the elder. Or, that would have been surprising if she had thought them capable of speech in the first place.

"Whoa, nelly. Spears? Really? Oh, the General's gonna love this!"

"You there, creature! How dare you enter the castle uninvited? What is the meaning behind your presence here?"

The creatures stared. Apparently shocked that she could speak.

"Um... would you believe, exploration?" asked the old one.

"You wish to explore my castle? I'm afraid I cannot allow that"

"Um... you misunderstand. We want to explore... your planet."

"Our what? Planet? You mean to say that you are extraterrestrials?"

"Yeah, we're aliens. I guess." The other green one stated. At this the guard who had earlier shamed himself, jerked forward. Accidentally piercing the flesh of the old one. It would seem the young ones respected their elder a great deal. It was evident because the way they reacted could only be described as overkill. They brought out misshapen black spears of their own and, in a series of flashing light and booming sound, proceeded to murder her guard. Only one managed get close enough to damage the beasts. With a quick motion of his sword he decapitated the shorter green one. The taller one, saw that and screamed

"You will pay for that! You will all pay for that! I will kill you all, you bug-eyed demon horses!!" as he was about to create more deadly light and sound the blue ball came back, enveloping him and he disappeared in the same flash of light that him and his kind had come in. The elderly one was bleeding profusely from his neck wound was making gagging noises on her floor.

Looking over the carnage with wide eyes, she took it all in. She was the only one left alive in the room. 30 guard lay in pools of their own blood. The elder creature of evil finally succumbing to his wounds. As the shock set in, she screamed. A continuous scream of pain and misery that could be heard at the farthest reaches of Canterlot. The scream didn't let up for a full ten minutes. If the scientist had been alive and had adequate ear protection he would have been extremely curious as to how she managed to go that long without breathing.

-||-||-||-||-

New York City
Just as Celestia began screaming

The scientists waited eagerly for the three soldier and two colleagues to return. They were surprised when, instead of two happy scientists carrying specimens and three bored soldiers, a single unconscious botanist returned. How he returned while unconscious was a mystery that was soon forgotten as a screaming soldier, firing his weapon into a defenseless wall appeared out of the sphere.







A/N: I want to thank those of you who have commented so far. Believe it or not Overture was originally going to be a good guy. When someone saw him as other I thought it worked beautifully. Far better than my original idea. And with this new direction my writers block was shattered. I'm glad you guys are liking this so far.