• Published 27th Mar 2016
  • 3,086 Views, 38 Comments

Sonic/MLP: Equestrian Chaos - Penguin Lagann



(Being redone right now) Sonic and friends find themselves in Equestria after an accident caused by Eggman.

  • ...
14
 38
 3,086

A Darknesses Requiem! Shadows and Sunlight

TV-14-LV

One word came to Twilight Sparkle's head after the night she just had. Tired.

That was the first word she actually said out loud that morning. The night before had worn her out so much, she didn't even bother to brush her mane. She just put the back part in a ponytail (no, not THAT ponytail). She walked downstairs, also noticing that Sonic was as tired as she was. In fact, he was sleeping on a bowl of cereal, muttering something about his next nickname for Eggman.

With a mischievous smirk, Twilight gently nudged Sonic on his shoulder, enough to wake him up. "EggmAn, iS that YoU?" he said, not noticing he had milk splattered on his face. Twilight laughed at the sight. Sonic was not amused, while he was wiping his face clean. "Har Dee har har Twi. Then again, I probably should of saw it coming. I never fell asleep before like this..."

Twilight had a new feeling, not noticing it until last night. Boldness. Even as a princess, she never really felt like she had that. Not until she met Sonic. He had shown her how she shouldn't be so uptight all the time, and showed her to let go. It was this boldness that gave her the courage to start dating Sonic. She's still the same Twilight, just more loose and "cool" as Rainbow Dash put it.

While Twilight was thinking, and Sonic was blabbing on about his sleep, she stepped on something jagged. "Ow!"

"What's wrong Twi?" Sonic asked curiously.

"I stepped on this darn green rock."

The words 'green rock' played over in Sonic's mind as he ran over to see what she stepped on. When he saw the titular rock, his jaw dropped in shock. "That's.... that's a Chao Emerald!"

Twilight grew concerned. "You mean the emeralds you were talking about a couple of days ago??"

Sonic nodded. "These jewels contain power that if used in the wrong hands... er, hooves in your case, could bring catastrophic events to the entire world." Sonic noticed that Spike had woken up and was gawking over the emerald in his hand. "What's with that ****-eating face he has?"

Twilight blocked Spike from the emerald. "Spike, I do not want you to eat this emerald, no matter what happens."

"Aw, but it looks so delicious. Besides, what harm could an emerald do?" Spike would have had a point.

If it wasn't for Twilight's counterpoint. "An emerald that could bring catastrophe to the world and is an living embodiment of chaos itself!"

Spike blinked. "Did Discord get turn into stone again?" Twilight face-palmed at the statement.

"Who's Discord?" Sonic asked.

"I'll tell you about him later." Twilight teleported away the Emerald to a safe that Spike couldn't get to. "But now, (yawns) I kinda feel sleepy."

Sonic felt a yawn coming in as well. "(Yawns) Now that you mention it, I am feeling tired..."

Both yawners fell asleep on the table. It would have been a cute sight, but none of them were moving, and there was purple mist emanating from their eyes.

Spike tried to get either of their attention, but nothing worked. He eventually lifted open Twilight's eye, and saw that it was completely filled with neon green. 'I need to send a letter to Celestia!' Spike worriedly thought, as he rushed upstairs.

...

The next time the two opened their eyes, it was in a dark and mysterious place.

Sonic noticed another thing. Twilight seemed to be all dressed up, wearing a yellow, pink, and white dress, with a crown on and golden sandals.

"This seems odd," Sonic noted.

Twilight called out into the darkness. "Hello? Is anyone there? Anypony?" Twilight grew irritated. "Show yourself!"

Twilight and Sonic heard a sinister voice. "Heheheh, at long last, we meet..."

Both turned around to see who said that. Twilight gasped, while Sonic looked on in confusion.

"Twilight Sparkle," greeted a long thought dead King Sombra.

"What do you want Sombra? And that's Princess Twilight Sparkle to you!" Twilight replied coldly, while Sonic stood still.

'Who is this guy?' Sonic thought.

"My mistake. I didn't know we had a new resident of Equestria or a new princess." Sombra put his hoof on Twilight. "Although, I believe that's hardly befitting your stature."

Sonic slapped his hoof off in a rather cold way. "The h*** is that supposed to mean?"

"Ignoring the rat's rude comment," Sombra said in disgust, "what I mean is, why be a princess," a crown appeared floating over his hoof, looking a lot like Twilight's, but was gray with thorns popping out, "when you could be a queen?"

Twilight stared at the crown. "What?"

"I've seen the potential you have. I've eyed you ever since that day you first used dark magic. If you trained under my belt, I could teach you all about the dark arts, letting you rival even Celestia herself."

'He's pulling this shtick about not being so different, isn't he?' Sonic thought. 'Where have I seen this before?'

"You know, we're not so different you and I. We both..."

"Stop right there Sombra!" He was interrupted by a now angry Twilight. "I know where your going with this! Your going to say that we both have the same qualities and such! Well, it won't work!

"I got where I am now through love and friendship! You got to it through violence and tyranny!" Twilight jabbed at Sombra while saying this. "Your not the same as me. Not even close." Twilight smirked at this line. "You're just a lame villain straight out of a mediocre fantasy book."

"Never thought I'd hear her call a book mediocre," Sonic remarked snarky-like.

Sombra wasn't amused however, as he teleported the look a like crown away. "So, I'm just a lame villain eh? From a mediocre fantasy book? Well then princess," Sombra's eyes went pure green. "How's this for a plot twist?"

Black vines sprouted out of the ground. Twilight gasped at this, while Sonic exclaimed. "Son of a *****!" The tentacles wrapped around Twilight and Sonic's body. Her dress was ripped off along with her crown falling out, leaving only her gold shoes and the style her mane was in during the coronation.

'Tentacles. Why did it have to be tentacles?' Sonic thought as he struggled to free himself.

Sombra smirked, as he held up Twilight's chin. "Final act. Scene 1. Plucky protagonist dies. Fade to black." Twilight coughed up some blood. "How is that for an ending, Princess?"

Twilight didn't reply however. She was certain that she and Sonic would die.

'Make him feel how you do,' a twisted version of her voice told her.

'What?' Twilight thought back.

'He's terrorized you and our friends long enough. Show him to fear us. To fear you.'

Twilight grunted, when her eyes opened up, green was filled throughout them, with purple mist flowing. "Fear... ME!" She growled. She assumed control of the vines, releasing her and Sonic. She then slapped Sombra with her vines.

The impact of the vine sent him tumbling. Twilight landed on the ground, still with dark magic, but the pupils in her eyes returning. She panted while Sonic was groaning at how much the vines hurt.

Sombra got up from the impact leaving a scar on his right eye. He chuckled however. "Heheheh. What did I tell you princess. Not so different. And that actually hurt there."

This comment angered Sonic. "*******!" Sonic punched Sombra hard enough for blood to drip.

"I believe we've had enough talk here." Sombra disappeared, leaving the dream to fade.

...

Sonic groggily woke up. He was downright confused what that was all about. He was not, however, prepared for Twilight to scream bloody murder.

"I, hurt him," Twilight stated, with a green glow in her eyes. "I took control of the vines and scarred him." Twilight choked at the next line with droplets falling. "And I.... I enjoyed it."

Sonic took to account that princess Celestia was standing next to her, comforting Twilight through all of this. "Don't hurt yourself," Celestia said in a soothing voice. "You were just protecting you and your friends."

Twilight broke away from Celestia, with a growl. "Oh please, like the Princess of crappy judgement understands actual emotion." Twilight realized what she said, and broke back down into tears. "What's happening to me?"

'This is much worse than I though,' Celestia said to herself. She then noticed that Sonic was prepping himself to run off. "Where are you going?"

Sonic turned around with an angry face. "He hurt Twilight, emotionally and physically. For that, I'm gonna kick his ***." Sonic then sped off.

Celestia called out to him. "Do you even know where or who Sombra is?!" Sonic turned around, ran back to her, and sheepishly shrugged. Celestia face palmed, but opted to tell him. "King Sombra was a tyrant who was sent by creatures called the umbrum. He grew up not knowing who or what he actually was until one day when he realized his true motives. He then shattered Princess Amore and took over the Crystal Empire, before me and Luna banished him."

"Tyrant, umbrum, Crystal Empire. Got it, anything else?" Sonic asked.

Twilight perked up at the mention of the Crystal Empire. "I almost forgot about the Crystal Faire! How hasn't Cadence mentioned it yet?"

*cue song One Piece: 'Run! Run! Run! Instrumental'*

"So were just gonna ignore the fact that you were tormented in your sleep by an ancient tyrant, all for a faire?" Sonic asked, not amused by this.

"I apologize, but until we find any leads that Sombra is alive and lurking somewhere," Celestia coughed. "We can't really do anything about it."

"Well that blows. I was hoping to put the hurt on him," Sonic sighed in defeat.

"We all know you put the hurt on people like him," Twilight replied snarky-like.

"Hey, how else do I knock some sense into baddies?"

"Don't you two have a faire to prepare for?" Celestia butted in.

Sonic and Twilight blushed. "Oh, right..." they said in unison.

Twilight pulled out a checklist. "Alright, Step One, triple check over everything to make sure we didn't forget about anything when the list was made..."

Sonic snickered at his marefriend's tidiness. "How about we save the checklist crap for later?"

Twilight rolled up the checklist. "Right. Besides, we still need to pack everything up! Books, check. Parchment, check..."

"She's a keeper," Celestia stated. The comment made Sonic blush.

*end song*

...

"Just a few more steps Radiant Hope!"

"I'm not sure how much longer I can hold up!"

"No need to worry. As soon as we resurrect our king, we won't have to worry about that anymore."

"I'm doing this only because I want the old Sombra back! I grew up with him, and I just want him back!"

'We'll see about that,' the mysterious stallion thought back.

Author's Note:

Took me long enough. :facehoof:

I apologize for that. I was focused on Shadowed Future (which you should or should not check out. *wink*). I hope you guys enjoy my writing ACTUALLY getting better. I believe this format style fits better for me.

I also went back and added SOME additional content to the earlier chapters. They're probably still crap, but their better at least.

Also Omny87, if you see this, then thank you for inspiring this new arc! :twilightsmile:

Who is this mysterious stallion? What does the Crystal Faire have to do with Twilight and Sonic's dream? Find out soon!