• Published 19th Mar 2016
  • 1,380 Views, 30 Comments

Cupid Discord - NintendoGal55



When Discord succeeds in helping Fluttershy not only gain confidence, but closer to Rainbow Dash, he gets the idea to declare himself the new cupid. With hilarious results.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,380

First Date (And Then Some!)

It was almost surreal that this was happening. Yet, here it was. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy sat across from each other in a cozy booth at the restaurant of Fluttershy’s choice. They’d just ordered their food, opting to share a plate of fettucine alfredo. To further accentuate their closeness, as Fluttershy had said. Rainbow of course made a sarcastic but playful remark about the fact that it was just Fluttershy being corny. Only for Fluttershy to tease her right back about liking it.

Whatever she did, Rainbow couldn’t help noticing that Fluttershy’s eyes were on her the entire time during their date. Not just because they were sitting across from each other. Being observed like this made her blush, wondering just what was going on in her mind. “So, uh… I’m so awesome that you can’t keep your eyes off me, huh?”

“Well, why not?” Fluttershy giggled at her, picking up a fork and taking a bite of the alfredo, “You look nice, we’re having fun, and I think you look, well, attractive. Maybe even… sexy~ So, are you going to blame me?”

Rainbow blushed a bit, feeling just how much this stroked her ego and her heart, “No way! Besides, I sure as heck think you look great, too! Then again, you’re beautiful no matter what you’re wearing!” Realizing how corny it sounded, she glanced away. “That sounded way better in my head…”

“Everything sounds better in your head when you look back at it,” Fluttershy reached over to brush her hand against Rainbow’s cheek, leading her a bit closer, “But to me, I’d rather hear you you say it myself… But I’m totally biased about loving your voice.”

Blushing all the more, Rainbow couldn’t help nuzzling Fluttershy’s hand, “Heh, guess I can say the same thing!”

Fluttershy leaned to her and kissed her on the nose, “Is that so? Maybe you can go into a little more detail about that… So, what do you think about our first date?”

“Okay, uh, I’m gonna have to do that one at a time,” Rainbow blushed a bit. She took a bite of their noodles to calm her nerves a bit, “I’m pretty biased about your voice, too. There’s something so cute and yet really sexy about it. I love your voice, okay?” She blushed harder now, “As for what I think of our date, it’s pretty nice so far. Way nicer than I thought!”

Fluttershy smiled even more to that, kissing Rainbow Dash on the lips once more, “You’re just so sweet, Dashie… and the night is still young. I think we can even make the night even more memorable. If you want, that is.”

“What’d you have in mind…?” Rainbow figured she’d ask, not sure if it would work to play the assumption game.

“I don’t know yet,” Fluttershy giggled at her now, lightly tapping Rainbow on the nose, “Like I said, the night is still young and there’s no telling where it might go if we keep this up…”

“I guess so…” Rainbow blushed a bit more, “Uh, so! You like the noodles? They’re so good! Way better than my mom’s! ...But don’t tell her that!”

Fluttershy laughed at her even more, reaching over to hold Rainbow’s hand, “Don’t worry… I won’t tell her a thing.”

Even though Rainbow wasn’t worried about that, she sighed in relief anyway. She looked down at their hands, trying to figure out what to say next. “You know, I gotta say… there’s something way easier about going on a date with your best friend.”

“Well, I think that goes without saying…” Fluttershy smiled a bit, tracing circles in the palm of Rainbow’s hand, “I mean, it’s because we know one another already really well. There’s no first impressions, no ‘what if she doesn’t like this or that?’ and nothing to scare us off for no reason. We’re comfortable around one another already, as you might have noticed what we were doing before we left.”

“Yeah,” Rainbow smiled, looking up at her, “I guess this is what they mean when they say you should marry your best friend!”

Fluttershy snuck in a sly kiss on her lips, “Now now, Rainbow… isn’t it a bit soon to be thinking of marriage? Not that I’d have any reason to say no~”

This made Rainbow balk as she leaned back against her chair a little bit. “W-What? Huh? No! No no no no! I didn’t mean it like that! Just the sentiment! You know, the idea! I wasn’t proposing!” Rainbow exclaimed, blushing and waving her hands.

“Did you miss the part where I said I wouldn’t be saying no?” Fluttershy giggled at her reaction, “I was only teasing though…”

“Still,” Rainbow shook her head, “I think I’d do it right if that were the case.”

Fluttershy poked her on the nose, “Is that so? Would you mind… sharing with me what you could consider to be the right way?”

“Shyyyy! I’m not gonna tell you!” Rainbow whined, shaking her head, “That’s a surprise!”

“Awww, but I’m curious now,” Fluttershy teased before pulling back “But okay then, I’ll just have to wait, I suppose.”

“Flutters, I’d rather surprise you or at least make it special,” Rainbow exhaled, “I mean, I know you’re gonna be expecting me to propose, but I still definitely want to make it nice for you!”

Fluttershy smiled to the thought, reaching over to stroke Rainbow’s cheek, “You can read me like a book… but you know, I could always be the one to pop the question to you…”

Rainbow was about to respond, then paused, and blushed, “Yeah, you got me there.”

“Exactly. So, who knows, maybe I will do that… But I would hate to see any plans you may have go to waste,” Fluttershy giggled, “Unless we both proposed?”

To that, Rainbow blinked a few times with surprise, “Wait up a sec, how would we even do that? It would be like something out of comdey movie where one of us is gonna propose on the same day as the other and it just would go from there. I mean, that would be kinda cool.”

Giggling again, Fluttershy reached over and placed her hand atop Rainbow’s, “That would be cool, wouldn’t it? I’d personally find it very sweet, too! So… don’t hold back on proposing to me, even if I plan to do the same. I bet you we could make it work, don’t you think?”

“Well, of course I could,” Rainbow snickered a bit to that, “But don’t you think it’s a bit soon to be talking about proposing? It’s only the first date!”

“That’s true, but we have known each other a long, long time,” Fluttershy leaned over and kissed her cheek, “It wouldn’t even be a huge stretch if we did.”

Rainbow blushed a little, rolling her eyes a bit, “That depends on how you look at it…”

“Like I said, though… I’d have little reason to say no,” Fluttershy tipped her finger beneath Rainbow’s chin, winking at her.

“Yeah, I know you wouldn’t,” Rainbow chuckled a little, trying to not make too much eye contact, but she was finding it hard to get lost in her friend’s gaze, “So, we almost done here? I mean, dinner was great, but I’m about ready to leave.”

“Aww, no dessert?” Fluttershy pouted a little bit, “That’s not fair. We can’t go somewhere nice on our first date and not have dessert, Dashie.”

With a sigh, Rainbow smiled at her, “Come on, ‘Shy! We could go to my place and eat ice cream. You know, just us, alone and able to relax.”

Fluttershy smiled now, her brows raising with interest, “That sounds like a lovely idea, Rainbow! All right, we can do that.”

“And we can watch a movie when we get there,” Rainbow suggested.

“Ooh, are we?” Fluttershy tilted her head, “Or… are we going to have it on as background noise while we do… other things?”

That depends on what we’re doing,” Rainbow said with a grin.

Fluttershy smiled and reached over to gently touch her cheek, “Have I been good, Rainbow?”

“What do you mean?” Rainbow blinked a few times, “Well, yeah, you’ve been great on our first date.”

“You think so? I’ve kept you in a good mood overall?” Fluttershy leaned forward a bit, giving her a bright smile.

Rainbow shrugged a little, “Of course! How could I not enjoy spending time with you?!”

“Same here,” Fluttershy smiled, then flagged down the waiter, “Bill, please!”

“Don’t you mean ‘Check, please?’” Rainbow snickered at her from behind her hand, “Besides, I’m the one who’s paying for it!”

“Bill, check, same difference,” Fluttershy giggled, “And no, I’m paying for it.”

Rainbow gave her a challenging look, a smirk on her face as she leaned closer, “You wanna bet on that? I’m covering it this time, Flutterbaby. So, you just be sexy for me right now and let’s get outta here, ‘kay?”

“Rainbow…” Fluttershy pouted, but was blushing, “I thought we agreed that we would split it!”

“No,” Rainbow waved a finger at her teasingly, “We agreed that if I was in bad mood, I’d pay in full, but if I was in a good mood, we’d split it. I just decided to cover your share this time. You can pick up the bill on the next date. I promise! I’ll even leave my money at home!”

“Oh, fine,” Fluttershy pouted.

Reaching over, Rainbow lifted Fluttershy’s chin up as she smiled sweetly, “Hey, no pouting! You’re gonna start sending me mixed signals on this first date if you keep that up.”

Fluttershy giggled, smiling, “Oh, don’t worry. I’m just playing with you, Rainbow. Of course I’m having a wonderful time!”

Chuckling, Rainbow gave her cheek a little pat, “I know, ya goofball! Now, stop being so cheeky and let’s get going!”

Once their food was paid for, the two of them exited the restaurant and headed for home. They walked hand-in-hand, feeling a sense of contentment and even excitement. For their first date, or part of it, it had gone very well. Fluttershy felt such a burst of confidence like never before, and glad it helped make things go more smoothly. She certainly couldn’t wait to see what else they would do together on future dates. Or even just what they’d do together in general.

She sighed happily, squeezing Rainbow’s hand and looking down at her, “You know, Rainbow… I’m so glad we decided to do this! It’s been so wonderful. I wish I had had the courage to tell you how I felt a long time ago.”

“Hey, I’m in the boat as you,” Rainbow said with a grin, pulling her along until she flew off into the air. She held Fluttershy’s hand tightly, despite that they were both flying. “I wish I had told you sooner too! But all’s well that ends well, right? Come on, let’s go to my place!”

“Oooh, and what are we going to do when we get there?” Fluttershy’s eyes twinkled.

“Just what I said we would,” Rainbow snickered, pulling her along since she noticed Fluttershy wasn’t resisting at all, “Pop in a movie, eat ice cream, and probably forget about the movie and makeout.”

An excited smile overcame Fluttershy’s face, “Well, then I guess I did a great job of keeping you in a good mood tonight! Can we still sleep in bed together~?”

“You make it sound like we wouldn’t anyway,” Rainbow stuck her tongue out at her playfully, “Sure, we’ll cuddle up after the flick and relax for the evening.”

Fluttershy giggled, squeezing her hand, “Then let’s get there faster!”

Rainbow rolled her eyes, but laughed and lead the way all the same. She did pick up the speed a little, but not enough to be going that fast. She was just enjoying the night air at this point with her best friend at her side. But that did bring up the question of if she should still be addressing Fluttershy as her best friend or girlfriend now. Would it really matter? And how should she break the news to her friends? She dismissed it, deciding that tomorrow would there soon enough, but she would deal with all that when it came up. She was going to enjoy the evening and that was that. No stupid thoughts were going to ruin her first date night!


Later on that evening, the two were cuddled up in the couch while their movie of choice was playing. Fluttershy was set up at one end of the couch, sitting up straight with her legs situated on either side of Rainbow. She sat up against Fluttershy’s front, snuggled in.

In Rainbow’s lap was the promised bowl of ice cream, resting empty now after the two had eaten it out of existence. She eventually grabbed it and set the bowl on the coffee table in front of the couch before laying back against Fluttershy. Normally, she would have been worried about accidentally resting on her friend’s breasts, but since they were dating now, it didn’t seem like it would be an issue.

Besides… she had always wanted to them like a set of pillows anyway. Fluttershy didn’t even seem to mind. If anything, she welcomed it.

Giving a little giggle, Fluttershy kissed the top of her head before turning her attention back to the movie. “I can’t believe I never gave these movies a chance…”

“Whatcha mean?” Rainbow leaned her head up, looking at Fluttershy upside down.

“I used to be scared of them,” Fluttershy smiled, “Now I just… I don’t know, I feel I can detach myself just enough to not let them get to me.”

“Glad to hear it, Flutters!” Rainbow poked her nose and snuggled more against her. “But ya know, I can think of something I’d much rather be doing right now.”

“And what would that be?” Fluttershy prompted, stroking her hair.

Rainbow sat up quickly before rolling over to face Fluttershy directly. She pounced on her girlfriend, wrapping her arms around her shoulders and shot her a pair of bedroom eyes, “Gimme some sugar, baby~”

Without waiting for a response, she went in for the kill; pulling Fluttershy into a deep kiss.

Beyond thrilled at this, Fluttershy wound her arms around Rainbow and kissed her back. Her own fervency matched her girlfriend’s perfectly. Their tongues met in a heated duel, feeling and tasting each other. Her hands clutched at Rainbow’s dress, before running along her back and sides in a sensual manner.

Pulling back to breath, Rainbow stole another quick kiss before saying, “I’ve always wanted to say that.” She cut herself off, going right back to her lips. She could feel Fluttershy’s hands on her back, and mixed with her current situation, she was fighting off the urge to moan. One thing was sure though, she was quite amazed at how good her friend was at kissing! Or she would have been if not for how much she was regretting saying they should wait before started ‘sleeping’ together.

“And I’ve always wanted to hear you say it,” Fluttershy purred as she pulled away for a second. She brought Rainbow back in for a deep kiss, feeling a little more daring. Her hands trailed downward, this time reaching Rainbow’s rump. Squeezing down there, Fluttershy then lifted her leg slightly, situating it between Rainbow’s legs.

Rainbow Dash just about melted on the spot, she visibly quivered at the contact. She even realised it herself and a small part of her was embarrassed, but it was hard to really act on it when her body responded so positively. Her grip tightened as she grabbed at Fluttershy’s mane, arching her back, even rubbing herself against her friend’s leg.

Pleased at this reaction, Fluttershy made sure to angle her leg this way and that to make it a more pleasant experience. She enjoyed the feeling, hoping to get more of it. Pulling back, she lowered her lips to Rainbow’s neck, feverishly peppering kisses along there.

“F-Flutters, you better stop,” Rainbow mumbled in a whimper, “Before I… Guh, I feel really-”

“Are you two in there?!” A shout came from outside of Rainbow’s house that made both of them jump in the middle of their session. It was Discord and he sounded concerned. That was odd enough. “Helloooooo! Come on, you two gotta be here! I checked back at Fluttershy’s and you weren’t there and if you don’t answer me, I’m gonna look stupid saying all this when no one’s there!”

Fluttershy looked off toward the door, then sighed heavily. She wanted nothing more than to keep going, or at least get Rainbow hot and bothered. But then again, given the way Discord sounded, it was probably best to humour him, “Yes, Discord, we’re here! Can you give us a minute?”

“Or five?” Rainbow added to that, pulling back herself, trying to catch her breath a little, “Ten would be ideal though!”

Discord called back to them, “Okay! I’ll be here! I just want to check on you two!”

“We’ll say so!” Fluttershy called back. Turning to Rainbow, she kissed her cheek, “I’m so sorry, Dashie…. I didn’t think he’d show up so soon.”

Rainbow returned the kiss, getting off her best she could, despite how weak her legs felt at the moment, “It’s okay, ‘Shy. It’s not like I was expecting him either. I guess he’s just worried about how you’re holding up.”

“Ooh, be careful,” Fluttershy said softly, getting up and holding her steady.

Rainbow was quick to sit back down on the couch, shivering a little, “I’m fine! I just need a minute. You can answer the door for Discord if ya want. The sooner we talk to him, the better since that means he’ll leave sooner.”

“Okay,” Fluttershy kissed her forehead. She then went to the door, opening it up to her chaotic friend.

Discord greeted her with a smile, but he did seem to relax a bit visibly, “Good to see you in one piece! I can’t explain it, but I was feeling a bit worried about you two, so I wanted to check on ya.”

“Worried? Why?” Fluttershy looked slightly alarmed, “Is there… something that could’ve happened?”

“I’m not sure,” Discord said with a shrug, “I just felt like something was wrong. So, how have you been? Anything new?”

Fluttershy blinked, tilting her head, “No, nothing in particular. I mean, I had a headache before, but it’s long gone now.”

“What about your confidence?” Discord asked her curiously, “Have you noticed anything?”

“Huh? Oh! Right, well… I’ve certainly felt a little more bold!” Fluttershy smiled now.

“That’s good, I suppose,” Discord said with a nod, “I guess I was worried for nothing after all, I was just talking to Tia and she pointed out how dangerous magic can be, I think. So, I figured I’d pop in on you two and make sure everything was still good.”

“Oh, everything’s fine,” Fluttershy assured, smiling more, “More than fine, actually. It’s helped given me the courage to tell Rainbow how I feel. Because of that, now we’re dating!”

“... You weren’t dating beforehand?” Discord asked her with a hint of confusion in his voice.

Fluttershy blinked, looking confused as well, “What? You thought we were already dating? How so?”

“I was just always under that impression, to be honest.” Discord shrugged a little, “She’s overly protective of you, you two are always near one another most of the time, and she flips out whenever you’re not giving her more attention than the others.”

“Ohhhh!” Fluttershy laughed a bit then, shaking her head, “I suppose if you put it that way, it makes sense that we could be mistaken for a couple.”

“But that’s great! You actually got up your nerve to do the biggest thing you could: ask out that tomboy! And- wait, you said it was because of my magic? As in, I actually helped you?”

Fluttershy nodded, “Oh, yes! It really has helped me. I feel a lot better now…”

“So, what you’re saying is… I used my magic for something and it yielded a positive result?” Discord leaned even closer to her face with a huge smile on his face, “And you’re saying that it wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t done it, right?! That I actually did good?”

“Um, well, it might have still happened, just differently! But, yes… you did do a good thing with your magic, Discord,” Fluttershy smiled and nodded.

Discord was starting to invade her personal space as he started to rock a bit in place, “So, you think I could a good match maker? Do you?” His voice got squeaky with excitement, obviously looking for a yes.

“A good matchmaker?” Fluttershy repeated, tilting her head again. She then gave a little shrug and a smile, “Well, I suppose you did inadvertently play matchmaker. So, I think if you put your mind to it, you could be if you wanted to.”

Discord seemed to squeal with excitement for lack of a better term before suddenly lunging at Fluttershy to hug her, “Thank you for the encouragement! I’m getting so many ideas from this, you just have no idea!”

“Knowing you, I’m not surprised!” Fluttershy giggled as she hugged him back.

“And here I was thinking being good was boring all these years! I can’t wait to get started with this,” Discord pulled back with a grin, “I’ll let you two do… whatever it is couples do. I’ve got to make plans!”

“All right then, you take care, and please don’t overdo it,” Fluttershy giggled.

Discord laughed, “Overdo it? Ha! I laugh in the face of logic! Take care now, bye!” And with that, he turned and actually slammed the door on himself.

Chuckling, Fluttershy then returned to the living room, finding a shaky Rainbow on the couch. She smiled brightly, going back over to sit down with her.

“Everything’s okay, he just wanted to check on us,” Fluttershy said, kissing her temple, “Are you feeling okay?”

“I think I need a shower, honestly,” Rainbow said with a wayward smile, blushing as she did so, “But at least he didn’t come over to say something about you exploding or anything.”

Fluttershy giggled and nuzzled her sweetly, “No, no. He was just a little concerned, considering the type of magic he used. But I told him everything was just fine. After all, if he hadn’t done this, I don’t think we’d be here right now.”

“True, but then again...” Rainbow paused for a moment, then let out a sigh, “Nah, you’re right. I mean, I’m sure I would have asked you out eventually, but I don’t think it would have gone over as smooth as this. So, I guess I kinda do owe him for this one.”

“Oh, but don’t tell him that,” Fluttershy laughed, “I’m sure he’d have a-” Her phone went off, indicating she received a text. She took it out, briefly glancing over a new text, surprisingly, from Discord.

Oh yes! She owes me big time! ;)

Glancing over at Fluttershy’s phone, Rainbow shrugged, “I guess I should have knocked on wood for that one. But whatever.”

Fluttershy laughed, placing it aside, “Oh, don’t worry about that. Come here, you,” she cuddled Rainbow closer and peppered her face with kisses, “So… about that shower?”

“Uh…” Rainbow blushed even brighter, “Yeah, I mean… I can skip it if you want. But I kinda do need a change of underwear…”

“Oh no, you don’t have to skip it,” Fluttershy giggled, “I was only going to suggest I help you in the shower~”

“... Go on.”