• Published 22nd Mar 2016
  • 713 Views, 26 Comments

A Filly's New Hope - Mocha Star



A young filly's life is changing faster than she can understand and the changes within herself are going to change Equestria.

  • ...
25
 26
 713

Chapter 15

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

Nova gasped and grinned as she walked into her home. She looked to Tree and his smile just before she galloped to hug him tightly.

“Thanks, bro! You’re the best! I’ve never had a birthday like this before,” she giggled.

The living room was decorated in streamers, had her name on painted planks, and various hoofmade toys were scattered around the room.

“Happy birthday, sugar bowl, y’all’ve been here fer two months and ya never told us when, so might’a well be now,” Apple said as the room full of ponies dispersed and filtered out into the lawn to continue festivities and to set up more fun in the yard.

With a flurry of giggles the house nearly emptied, leaving Apple and Tree alone to nuzzle one another while Nova looked at the cake. She turned to exclaim her joy but stopped to see her surrogate brother and employer engaged in a romantic gesture.

“Ohmygosh, Ohmygosh, Ohmygosh! I can’t believe it! Best birthday EVER, she screamed at the top of her lungs, bolting from the room and laughing as she galloped around the yard, full of energy.

“Well, reckon the secret’s out,” Apple hummed as she kissed Tree on the cheek.

“Heh, eeyup. But, no bother. You know she was going to find out eventually… perhaps, next spring,” he winked.

Apple giggled and pushed him, sending him stumbling aside, slipping on a small toy, and falling onto his flank giggling. “Ya can’t expect ta start a family that quick, can ya?”

He chuckled in a deep tone. “Eeyup. I don’t see why not, what with our being in love and all; no reason to hold it off.”

“Heh, traditional,” she said softly walking to him, her braided hair swaying behind her as she looked seductively at him, “Ah think the farm could use a little more help a bit sooner.”

He gulped and stopped smiling. “Wh-what’d you mean b-by that?”

“Tonight, meet me in the barn. Ah’ll show ya how an Apple wrestles,” she said softly before turning and trotting away quickly out of the house, leaving a stallion with a nervous sweat and a growing smile alone.

“That was the best, day, EVER!”

“Heh, I’m glad you enjoyed yourself, Nova. I think it’s about bed time,” he insisted, rushing her to the bathroom, “hurry and do your business, I’ll get your bed ready.”

“Okay! Thanks, bro, you’re the best! Reckon if Ah ever need something you’re there for me, I don’t say it enough, but I love you.”

“Heh, go on ya little whippersnapper. I’ll see you in a few.”

She cantered into the restroom and closed the door on the smiling stallion.

“A couple hours and I’ll be asleep, a couple hours and I’ll be asleep,” Tree sang hopping to her room, “a couple hours and I’ll be asle~ep, after I roll in the hay,” he hurriedly made her room ready.

He made sure a cup of water was ready, the window was cracked slightly, and the lantern was dim.

She walked into her room, stifling a yawn.

“I don’t wanna hear ‘I’m not tired’, you had a huge day, little mare. Now, take off your necklace and get some sleep.”

“I am tired,” she said as she removed the gem that was tied with a string onto a hemp necklace, placing it beside her bed, “today was crazy fun. I,” she yawned again, squeaking this time, “I’m sleepy as,” she crawled into bed and sighed. Without finishing her sentence she began to doze.

“Good night, Nova. Remember, you’re always loved and never have to go back to that place.”

“Hmm,” she sighed as she gladly embraced sleep.

“Yesss,” he hoof pumped and back trotted from the room, closing the door almost all the way. He left the house quickly, leaving her alone in the safety of her bed.


...

“Starlight Nova?

...Starlight Nova,” a female voice whispered from the aether between Nova’s sleep and the world of the awake.

“Your time to grow approaches, the time for loss and learning is ahead of you but do not worry, you will have the power to change the fates of many ponies across the realm… as long as you believe in yourself.

I grant you the first gift. You shall have more control over; the gift of insight. After this you will be on your own to learn the ways of the world, nature, and the forces that control the world you know and beyond.”