• Published 10th Mar 2016
  • 836 Views, 7 Comments

Oddities and Their Convergence - Kimmo Rabies Pronger



Four groups of strange friends meet up. Eventually, it all comes together at the Castle of Friendship. Cancelled.

  • ...
1
 7
 836

Prologue (Applejack and Coloratura)

Two mares stopped walking once they stood directly in front of the gate that welcomes into Sweet Apple Acres.

"...This is where you live, Applejack?" Coloratura asked her old childfilly friend.

"Mmm-hmm. You got it." Applejack nodded. "...This is where your written letters were sent."

Coloratura giggled. "You know, I'm sorry if this'll sound a bit mean but this place is actually a lot smaller than I expected. I was honestly thinking it would be bigger! Much bigger!"

"No offence taken, Sugarcube," Applejack reassured. She took a deep breath out of anticipation before continuing. "I seriously can't believe that you've chosen to stay here for vacation, Sugarcube. Here? Out of all places?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Coloratura blinked at Applejack.

Applejack spoke in a somber tone. "Well, it's not like living conditions for a pony like you are standard here. And...our ways of life are totally different from each other. I just think that...ya know? What if ya'll don't like it here as much as you thought you would?"

Coloratura shook her head. "Applejack, that's what Countess Coloratura would think. Not Rara."

"H-Huh?" Applejack tilted her head.

"Applejack, a while ago, you came back into my life and saved me from a life of possibly being undermined and used by my former manager, Svengallop. Once that night was over, I wasted no time cutting ties with him. I did what he wanted, not what I wanted. Applejack, I am my own pony now, and I owe it all to you. In fact...looking back on how we were...I actually owe you a lot..."

After she finished her sentence, Coloratura lowered her head.

"Rara...I..."

Coloratura interrupted Applejack by giggling again. "I think we should go meet your family right now because if we keep talking, we'll keep going until sunset, don't you think?"

"O-Oh!" Applejack said, startled. "Y-Yes, Rara! Oops... Alright. But brace yourself for my little sister. No doubt she'll go crazier than a bear disturbed from hibernation."