• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 1,172 Views, 30 Comments

Pegasus Dreams - BluePhoenyx



A Pegasus who can't fly? Lame, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to the rescue!

  • ...
3
 30
 1,172

Ch.6 Royalty

“Soooo, why are you looking for this prince?” Twilight asked Water Lilly as the group escorted the white mare to the Mayor’s home.

“To bring him back to his home.” Water Lilly replied.

“But why?” Fluttershy asked softly

“Because that’s where he belongs.” Water Lilly replied, becoming annoyed.

“But what if he didn’t want to go back?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Too bad.” Water Lilly snapped as they approached the Mayor’s house. “Finally! You may leave now.” She said to the group and knocked on the door.

“Leave? What do you mean ‘leave?’” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“Just as it sounds.” Water Lilly remarked. “Leave. Go. Be gone.”

Twilight and the others were surprised at Water Lilly’s request. They hadn’t planned on her telling them to leave as soon as they got there. A tan mare with a gray mane and tail and a wrapped up document as a cutie mark opened the door. She put her glasses on to see the guests.

“Oh, hello! How may I help you today?” They Mayor asked with a bright smile on her face. Water Lilly looked behind her and glared at the six ponies that brought her there. Twilight and the others had no choice but to leave. While Water Lilly talked with The Mayor, Twilight and the others tried to think of something to do to protect Cloud Dream.

“What if we make her a cake?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“What will that solve?” Rainbow Dash asked while she hovered above the group.

“Nothing, she just looks like she’d like some cake.” Pinkie said, grinning happily.

“Focus Pinkie, we need to find a way to hide Cloud Dream from her until we know what she plans to do.” Twilight said. “Fluttershy, go home and keep an eye on Cloud Dream.” Fluttershy nodded and flew back home while the others continued their talk.

Back at Fluttershy’s cottage, Cloud Dream was outside with the numerous creatures that lived behind the cottage. He used his uninjured wing to offer shade to a family of mice while he let a kitten play with his tail. Bunnies used his back as an obstacle and jumped over him. A squirrel chattered to him and kept trying to burry an acorn between his hooves while other hungry squirrels watched and clambered over the Pegasus trying to get good looks on where the acorn was being hidden. Cloud Dream chuckled at the animals lifted his head up as a warm breeze filtered through his mane and wing. He heard a door open from the cottage and turned his head in its direction. Fluttershy stepped out into the yard and smiled at the scene before her. She floated over to Cloud Dream and the animals and landed beside him.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen the animals take so quickly to some pony else besides me.” She said gently and nuzzled a young bunny that came to greet her.

“Oh, Fluttershy it’s you. “ Cloud Dream said and smiled. “How are the others? They seemed pretty upset.”

“Oh no, they’re not upset.” Fluttershy said, lying down in front of him. “They’re all talking about what to do. There’s a bounty hunter looking for you.”

Cloud Dream slightly tilts his head. “A bounty hunter? Why would a bounty hunter be looking for me?” Cloud Dream asked.

“She said she was here to take you back.” Fluttershy replied.

Rainbow Dash flew over the cottage and saw Cloud Dream and Fluttershy lying in the grass together. She frowned then landed in the backyard. “If you two love birds are done, we have to let Cloud Dream know about the bounty hunter.” Rainbow Dash said loudly. Cloud Dream jumped a little, causing some of the animals to flee.

“Oh, I already told him Rainbow Dash. We were just discussing it.” Fluttershy explained. Rainbow Dash let the front locks of her mane cover her face a little.

“Oh...Good. I’ll go let the others know he’s alright. I was just here to check up on him anyway.” She said then shot off into the sky and back towards the others.

Fluttershy watched Rainbow Dash fly off. “She seemed a little upset.” Fluttershy said and turned back to Cloud Dream.

“I don’t know. I couldn’t tell.” Cloud Dream said.
Back in the middle of town Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity had all come to the same conclusion, just as Rainbow Dash was flying back. She landed with her mane still covering her eyes slightly.
“Is he safe?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah he’s fine.” Rainbow Dash said sharply. The group watched her for a moment until they all received a fairly harsh glare, then went along with their planning.

“Rainbow Dash, we decided we’re going to hide Cloud Dream at Zecora’s until this bounty hunter leaves.” Twilight said. Rainbow Dash simply nodded.

“What’s wrong, sug’a cube?” Applejack asked.

“It’s nothing. Let’s just hurry up and get him there.” Rainbow Dash said and turned around to head back to Fluttershy’s.

“She’s acting a might strange.” Applejack said as she and the others followed.

“She’s probably just worried about Cloud Dream.” Rarity said confidently.

“Well, she sure has a funny way of showing it.” Pinkie Pie said.

Water Lilly had watched the whole conversation from the Mayor’s window. The Mayor had nothing to say about Cloud Dream, only that she had seen posters the royal guard had put up, and was of no use to her.

“They know something…” Water Lilly said to herself. She thanked the Mayor for her assistance (what little there was) and followed the ponies closely.

As Twilight and the others arrived, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had packed some saddle bags with food and a blanket along with some bandages for Cloud Dream’s injuries. Fluttershy was just placing the bags on Cloud Dream’s back when the others came in.

“Is he ready?” Twilight asked. Fluttershy nodded. “Cloud Dream, we’re just going to take you to a friend of ours. She lives in the Everfree Forest and doesn’t normally get visitors aside from us.” She explained.

Rarity used her magic to pick up a brush and began brushing Cloud Dream’s mane free of tangles and leaves from playing outside with the animals.

“Rarity what are you doin’?” Applejack asked

“Well I’m not going to have him meet Zecora like this.” She replied. Cloud Dream lifted an eyebrow up.

“Right then, let’s get going.” Twilight said and started walking to the door until it swung open and Water Lilly stepped in.

“You’re not taking him anywhere!” Water Lilly said and stomped her hoof down.

“What are you doing here?” Twilight asked in surprise.

“Where is he?” She demanded as her horn began to glow. Twilight just looked blankly at Water Lilly. “You’re not taking him anywhere, you pathetic bounty hunters!” She growled and aimed her horn at Twilight.

“We ain’t no bounty hunters! You are!” Applejack said, standing next to Twilight. Rainbow Dash ran up as well. She raked her hoof against the ground, ready to charge.

“How DARE you accuse me of being a bounty hunter?!” Water Lilly said angrily.

Cloud Dream walked into the room. “Lilly Pad? Is… is that you?” Cloud Dream asked, trying to look around for her.

“Cloud! Oh, I was so worried about you!” Water Lilly said and rushed past Twilight and Applejack. She rubbed her muzzle against Cloud Dream’s cheek then backed away to look at him.

“Everyone was so worried about you. We thought we lost you.” Water Lilly said then stopped to look at him closer. “What happened to your leg? And your wing? Why aren’t you looking at me?” She asked. Cloud Dream looked away in shame. “What’s wrong? Come on. I’m your big sister. You can tell me anything.” She said gently, lifting his chin up with a hoof.

“BIG SISTER!?” Twilight and the others yelled in shock.

Cloud Dream smiled shyly and kicked the ground a bit with his hoof.

“What happened to you Cloud? I won’t ask you again.” Water Lilly said sternly, ignoring the six ponies’ confusion.

“Well, see… I sort of fell off a cliff…” Cloud Dream mumbled.

“You tried to fly again didn’t you!?” Cloud Dream looked away in shame. “Mother and Father told you not to try flying anymore. You nearly died last time.” Water Lilly said. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes, making them sparkle like the clear water in the ocean. “I…Mother and Father couldn’t bear it if we lost you…” Water Lilly said and moved a stray lock of his mane back into place.

Twilight smiled softly, a tear in her eye as well. She walked over to Water Lilly and placed a hoof on the mare’s shoulder. “Sit down, We’ll tell you everything.” She said softly.

Twilight and the others proceeded to tell Water Lilly about Cloud Dream coming to Ponyville and how his accident came to pass.

End. Ch. 6