• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 1,172 Views, 30 Comments

Pegasus Dreams - BluePhoenyx



A Pegasus who can't fly? Lame, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to the rescue!

  • ...
3
 30
 1,172

Riding the Winds

Authors Note: Please enjoy :) Ch. 3 may take a while considering its getting close to the weekend and that is when I get busy so bear with me.Also, I know it has a few grammar errors but i keep getting conflicting info about them so try and work with it.

As Cloud Dream, Apple Jack, and Rainbow Dash reached Fluttershy’s cottage, Cloud Dream freed himself from his heavy cart and left it by the side of the cottage. He followed Apple Jack to the door and waited as she knocked on the door.

“Fluttershy! You home in there?” Apple Jack called out. A few moments later a pastel yellow Pegasus with a long, swooping, pink mane opened the door with a bright sweet smile on her face.

“Oh, hello girls. How are you today?” She asked in the softest voice Cloud Dream had ever heard. It sounded like a gentle breeze flowing through tall hollow grass on the edge of a pond.

“Sorry to bother ya Fluttershy, I have Twilight and the others coming over too but this pony needs our help”. Apple Jack said. Fluttershy looked around Apple Jack and saw Cloud Dream Standing behind her smiling lightly.

“Oh my goodness. Um..Well, yes please come in”. Fluttershy said opening the door more for the others to enter. Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash entered with Cloud Dream right behind them. He bowed Courteously to Fluttershy and smiled.

“Thank you very much, miss. If I have it right, you represent the Element Of Kindness right?” Cloud Dream said. Fluttershy’s coat turned a bright pink for a moment.

“Why, um yes I suppose so.” She replied then walked into her living room, smiling softly to himself.

Rainbow Dash took a seat on a nearby chair while Apple Jack and Cloud Dream stayed standing. It wasn’t long after, when there was another knock on the door. Fluttershy walked over to the door and opened it to reveal three more ponies. The one in the front was a purple unicorn with a darker purple mane with streaks of other shades of purple in it and purple eyes. Behind her was another unicorn with a brilliant white coat and a purple, flowing mane that was trimmed and cleaned and brushed to perfection. She carried herself with dignity and elegance.

“We came as soon as Apple Bloom told us what was going on. What do we-” the purple pony was cut off when a flash of pink jumped on top of her then over, bouncing over to Cloud Dream and singing loudly.

“Welcome, welcome, welcome, a fine welcome to you! Wel-” The flash of pink began to sing until the purple pony cut her off.

“Pinkie Pie, later.” She said a little sternly.

“Awwwe but Twilight I have to!” the pink one said, pouting a little. There was the sound of clapping behind her and she turned to look with a huge smile. Cloud Dream was clapping his hooves together and laughing a little.

“Let me guess, you’re Pinkie Pie.” He said and walked over to the three.

“Yep! That’s me! Wait how did you know my name? Who are you? I know your secrets spill the beans bub!” Pinkie Pie yelled, staring him in the eye.

“Pinkie!!!” Twilight yelled.

“My name is Cloud Dream. I’ve heard all about you Miss Pinkie Pie, and you miss Twilight Sparkle, oh, and miss Rarity as well.” Cloud Dream said, acknowledging the white and purple pony, who had yet to say anything.

“miss!? Hehhehe!” Pinkie Pie said and started laughing hysterically.

“Well you are well mannered, aren’t you darling?” Rarity said walking up to Cloud Dream.

“Uh, my name is Rarity. It’s a pleasure to meet you Cloud Dream.” Rarity said shaking his hoof gently and elegantly.

“Pleasure to meet you too, Miss Rarity.” Cloud Dream said happily.

“Alright everypony let’s get down to business” Twilight said, “Apple Jack, why are we all here exactly? Apple Bloom said something about Cloud Dream needing our help?” Twilight said, sitting down while everyone else formed a circle. Apple Jack looked at Cloud dream and nodded to him. Cloud Dream returned the nod and stood up in the middle of the circle.

“Well… I came here from Trottingham because I was rejected for my…um..’disability’. See, I can’t fly and as a result…” He trailed off and lifted his wings to show his flank. “As a result, I’ve never been able to get my cutie mark.” He looked down and covered his flank up again with his wings. There was a soft gasp from everyone, except Rainbow Dash who was laughing.

“A Pegasus that can’t fly? That’s impossible.” Rainbow Dash said.

Cloud Dream sighed and stood up on a chair and jumped off, demonstrating his inability to fly once again. Rainbow Dash stood shocked and a little embarrassed that she would make fun of someone like that.

“Oh you poor darling, It must be terrible for you not to be able to fly or have a cutie mark.” Rarity said, walking over and helping Cloud Dream up.

“It was the reason I got kicked out of my home." Cloud Dream began. "I’ve come here to Ponyville to find more understanding ponies, and to request the assistance of Rainbow Dash. I figured if anyone could help me learn to fly it’d be the pony that successfully pulled off the Sonic Rainboom.” Cloud Dream explained and turned to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash smirked a little.

“No Problem. I can teach anypony how to fly!”. Rainbow said, floating up into the air.

“I’ll see what I can find in my books about a flightless Pegasus and missing cutie marks.” Twilight added.

“I’ll see if Miss Cheerilee knows anything about them too”. Apple Jack said.

“Pinkie Pie and I will assist Twilight in her library”. Rarity added and held her head up proudly.

“I suppose I’ll help Rainbow Dash with flying lessons”. Fluttershy offered.

“Thanks, all of you. If it becomes too much of a problem though I’ll understand”.

“Not at all, Cloud Dream. Alright girls lets get to work!” Twilight said and rushed out with Rarity and Pinkie Pie close behind.

“Alright Cloud Dream, let’s get started” Rainbow Dash said and zoomed out the window. Cloud Dream followed with Fluttershy close behind.

Rainbow Dash led the trio to a cliff, just outside Ponyville. When they got to the top, Fluttershy hung back from the edge to avoid seeing how far up she was. Rainbow Dash, However, was hanging out on the edge, flying off it and walking around the edge with ease. The light from the sun was catching her rainbow mane perfectly so it shimmered and even reflected its colors on the ground when she hit the light just right.

“Alright, a strong up draft will get you gliding right off the bat. From there you can use the different air currents to fly until you get the hang of it.” Rainbow dash explained. Almost on cue, a huge gust of wind came up the cliff side, blowing her mane and tail upward.

“Umm Rainbow Dash? Are you s-sure this is a g-good idea? I mean w-we’re up s-so h-high” Fluttershy whimpered as she laid down low to the ground.

“It’ll be fine, right Cloud Dream?” Rainbow Dash said looking at Cloud Dream. Cloud Dream was visibly shaking but nodded in agreement. He was scared, but determined to fly and he was not going to let his fears get to him.

“Good, now watch me.” Rainbow said and dived off the cliff, spreading her wings. She used her wings to catch the up draft, which carried her high up into the air. She made minor, almost invisible movements to stay straight and in one spot. As the air draft failed, she fell into a current and let it carry her all around the sky, still making those minor adjustments to keep within the current. She then looped back and landed easily on the cliff, striking a proud stance.

“Wow Rainbow Dash, that was great!” Cloud Dream said in awe.

“way to go!” Fluttershy squeaked and fluttered her wings gently.

“Alright Cloud Dream, now you try .” Rainbow Dash said stepping away from the cliff edge.

Cloud Dream walked up to the edge and spread his wings nervously. He waited for the next up draft and when it came, he jumped right into it eyes closed. He felt the wind pushing him upwards and began to get nervous. He could just see himself falling straight to the ground. He kept his wings rigid and tried to keep straight. Suddenly he wavered and gasped as he felt the draft slip away from him and he fell from the sky. He tried flapping as hard as possible, looking for an air current, anything to help him stay up but he found nothing. He slammed into the side of the cliff and kept falling. His vision started to blur and go black. He couldn't feel the wind anymore and could just make out the dulling sun . He heard someone call out his name, but it sounded deep and far away. The last thing he saw were two silhouettes of Pegasus ponies flying down after him before everything finally went dark…..
End ch.2